Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare cheques

Options
  • 19-08-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi my daughter is 16 and just received a social welfare cheque for arrears for disability and she doesn't have a bank account, can a social welfare cheque be cashed without a bank account? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Lolo28 wrote: »
    Hi my daughter is 16 and just received a social welfare cheque for arrears for disability and she doesn't have a bank account, can a social welfare cheque be cashed without a bank account? 
    Hi Lolo28, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

It is not possible to cash a social welfare cheque in branch, you can cash these in a Post office however. Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lolo28

Hi Lolo28, 

It is not possible to cash a social welfare cheque in branch, you can cash these in a Post office however. Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Ok thanks for your help unfortunately post office won't cash it either as over their limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Hi Lolo28, 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Ok thanks for your help unfortunately post office won't cash it either as over their limit.
    Could you not just get her a bank account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Lolo28, 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Lolo28, 

With social welfare cheques, it's necessary to either lodge them to an account in the payees name or by cashing it through your local Post Office if possible. If you would like to open your daughter an account with Bank of Ireland, please see more information here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mindybutt1

Hi is it possible for me to cash my husband's social welfare cheque in the post office if I bought his passport /I'd with me .. he is away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi mindybutt1,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

You would need to check this with your local Post office.

Have a nice day.

Thanks

Kareana

Advertisement