Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

first... never follows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Tonight, the second debut

#deuxbut

Wait, that sounds rude. The mods will be after me!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

First of many home wins this evening, José to make Old Trafford a fortress again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Dunno how I swung a Friday night off but can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ibra hattrick, martial hattrick, pogba 6 assists.

I need ff points.

• Advertisement

The other half is on nights tonight so a night of United and Destiny for me. Tis a tough life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Football today - Holidays tomorrow

Woop Woop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Lets start this on the right tone

article-2323305-19BEC6FF000005DC-104_634x602.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

PogbaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

• bgkdxPPozHz5C.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Our soccer season kicks off tonight! As in my first game of the season is tonight at 7:30. Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Mmmmm, new thread smell

Hope we can give a thrashing to Southampton tonight and see this all over Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Pogba is God move over ibra ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This will be an unbeaten thread. I can feel it.

Jayop wrote: »
    This will be an unbeaten thread. I can feel it.

Well there's the kiss of death anyway, Southampton to win now :pac:

3-kiss-death-mafia.jpg

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well there's the kiss of death anyway, Southampton to win now :pac:

On page 1 too. banana.gif

Mourinho's home record since he started in management 16 years ago..

vIT8gpc.jpg

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Mourinho's home record since he started in management 16 years ago..

vIT8gpc.jpg

Yeah Mourinhos home record is brilliant and I hope he can replicate it for us. Would be brilliant.

Over the last few years with teams getting results against us at home the players and fans a like had been going into matches believing they could get a result.

We need to bring it back to the times where teams didn't fancy coming away with anything from Old Trafford and it was a daunting task. Currently everything is in place for that to happen, I just hope it does, would be brilliant.

I'm not doing the math on that but I think SSN said last night he's maintained at least an 80% home win record through his career.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Yeah Mourinhos home record is brilliant and I hope he can replicate it for us. Would be brilliant.

Over the last few years with teams getting results against us at home the players and fans a like had been going into matches believing they could get a result.

We need to bring it back to the times where teams didn't fancy coming away with anything from Old Trafford and it was a daunting task. Currently everything is in place for that to happen, I just hope it does, would be brilliant.

Brilliant is right just looking at it, makes me confident for the rest of the season ahead, the fear factor left when Ferguson called it a day, but José will bring that back and bring back the fortress feel/make the opposition afraid of coming to Old Trafford again as well..

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Brilliant is right just looking at it, makes me confident for the rest of the season ahead, the fear factor left when Ferguson called it a day, but José will bring that back and bring back the fortress feel/make the opposition afraid of coming to Old Trafford again as well..

If we can win ~80% of our home games then that's 46 points at home this season. Add 17% draws and that's 49 points at home.

Recent points that would have been enough to win the league

15/16 - 72
    14/15 - 80
    13/14 - 85
    12/13 - 79

So 85 points would win the league any of the last 4 seasons. That would leave us needing another 36 points from away games and we've already got 3 of them.

So assuming Jose keeps his home stats as impressive as they have been and there's no reason to think he won't do we need to win 12 games away from home to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Jayop wrote: »
    If we can win ~80% of our home games then that's 46 points at home this season. Add 17% draws and that's 49 points at home.

Recent points that would have been enough to win the league

15/16 - 72
    14/15 - 80
    13/14 - 85
    12/13 - 79

So 85 points would win the league any of the last 4 seasons. That would leave us needing another 36 points from away games and we've already got 3 of them.

So assuming Jose keeps his home stats as impressive as they have been and there's no reason to think he won't do we need to win 12 games away from home to win.

May aswell just present us with the league trophy tonight! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

WTF? How long was the previous one open 3, 4 weeks? :eek: Maybe I'm losing touch with time like an old person....! :p

crkball6 wrote: »
    May aswell just present us with the league trophy tonight! :pac:

There's a lot of "ifs" in that post of mine, but you can certainly see how we could do it. Two things Jose has always been good at in my memory have been beating almost everyone at home and beating the teams you expect to beat away. If you do that then you'll be close to the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Scoring in the first half at home... That'd be weird. Not used to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Is there highlights showing on the TV after tonights game.

Unfortunately I'm gonna miss it due to a fcuking family dinner........fml

Is there highlights showing on the TV after tonights game.

Unfortunately I'm gonna miss it due to a fcuking family dinner........fml

I'd say MUTV will show it at midnight.

Edit: Actually no, but it's on Sky Sports 1. FNF- Man Utd v Southampton Hlts
    Sky Sports 1 Sat 20th Aug, 12:15am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Be interesting to see how he does this season after such a stinker last year. It's mad that most of his home losses came last year as well.

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see how he does this season after such a stinker last year. It's mad that most of his home losses came last year as well.

Never lost a home game at Chelsea his first time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

xtal191 wrote: »

I think we sign Griezmann in 2017 to replace Rooney.

MUTV just showed the press conference where Jose was aked to comment on Paul Parker's comments that Rooney is overweight and only in the team for commercial reasons.
    Jose said he is "not paid to comment on comments of people paid to comment."

Anyway, I think Rooney is in his last season and Griezmann replaces him next summer.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think we sign Griezmann in 2017 to replace Rooney.

MUTV just showed the press conference where Jose was aked to comment on Paul Parker's comments that Rooney is overweight and only in the team for commercial reasons.
    Jose said he is "not paid to comment on comments of people paid to comment."

Anyway, I think Rooney is in his last season and Griezmann replaces him next summer.

To be honest Mourinho doesn't strike me as a manager who would select a player unless they were part of his plans. Also comes across as a manager who doesn't see anyone as undroppable, from his actions in his past, so if a player doesn't perform they won't be picked.

Now if people think that this isn't true and claim Mourinho only starts certain players based on fan, media and commercial opinions I would be far more worried about Mourinho as a manager than the players being selected.

But as I said Jose has shown in the past that he won't start a player unless they are part of his plans and won't continue to pick them unless they perform the tasks asked of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

xtal191 wrote: »

A year is a long time in football, maybe we won't need him next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

That Pogba/Henry interview is a bit cringy. Pogba comes across well, likeable but Henry makes it hard to watch. Too much BBC-like pally banter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Rachel effing Riley.. Jaysus

• Advertisement

Pogba apparently on the bench with only change being Mkhitaryan coming in for Mata. None of Smalling, Jones or Memphis on the bench.

Surprised Smalling hasn't come back into the squad, on the bench, if the team news is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Pogba apparently on the bench with only change being Mkhitaryan coming in for Mata. None of Smalling, Jones or Memphis on the bench.

Surprised Smalling hasn't come back into the squad, on the bench, if the team news is true.

Well thats me fecked.

Wont win the jersey in the team predictor.

Points from Pogs gone on ff (starting the weekend with -12 after making subs)

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Well thats me fecked.

Nah man he will play, and will have an impact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm trying yet failing to uncurl my toes from the embarrassment of Sky's coverage so far. £6.99 tis costing me!

I got my hopes up a little overthinking the way the jerseys were laid out in the dressing room. Had all the same starting 11 beside each other except only difference was Pogba in for Fellaini.

We'll get confirmation soon enough of the team anyway. Be interesting

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Well thats me fecked.

team news is from@mufcshirts - might be wrong.

Pogba wants to win the league, the cups and the Europa League in his first season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wow Sky's coverage starting very early??
    Will tune in from 7.

United twitter teasing big time with a tweet saying team news in ten minutes then a picture of someone wearing a Pogba jersey :P

Jamie Carragher happy to see Pogba in the English league.

• RobertKK wrote: »
    Pogba wants to win the league, the cups and the Europa League in his first season :D

Great interview TBH

Southampton manager is the inage of Johnny Giles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great interview TBH

I couldn't hear it over my hatred for Henry unfortunately

POGBA STARTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Herrera out. Only change.

• Advertisement