Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

As much fun as it is to see the Scouse lose the useless bastards cost me about $200.

Its a bittersweet day I tell ya.

:D

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

stankratz wrote: »
    Don't forget about Chelsea lads, they came back from 1-0 down to beat Watford with both their goals coming in the last 10 minutes. That's them with max points too.

The Liverpool match was bittersweet, nice result, but absolute dross to watch. All slagging aside, they should be worried. They are a team in urgent need of first team additions in more than one or two positions.

As for us. Having just watched the match this morning, all I can say is 'Pogba'.

Oh, and Rooney's ball in for Zlatan was an absolute fúcking peach.
    Chelsea were absolutely brutal, got very lucky to win that - the brother is a Chelsea fan and had it on live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I didn't think Zlatan was the right buy for us and I still think he could struggle as the season goes on, but its such a relief that he has hit the ground running and scoring goals, that a guy like him is there and banging them in will lift the whole team and will mean teams will fear us once again. Fair play to the old man, he's doing everything he could possibly have done.

Such a difference in our last few games, this is what always should have been happening after Fergie left, there was no need at all for the crap we had to put up with over the last three years. It isn't perfect of course but at no point did I think we would fail to win either of the two league games so far, you can see in the performances that this is a good team playing well. Such a relief to have things going well again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Zlatan has the same amount of goals in 3 games, that falcao had in a season with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool need to sack Rodgers.

His team just not consistent.

Anyway, very happy with last night. Thought we looked bit poor from Defensive point of view, but attacking wise we were very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I like seeing teams who may be competing with us for the title drop points early.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Anyway, very happy with last night. Thought we looked bit poor from Defensive point of view, but attacking wise we were very good

Personally I thought we looked far better in defence this weekend compared to the last match to Bournemouth. In my opinion defensively we were quite good.

At no point did I really worry about Southampton scoring last night, despite their pace.

To my recollection Southampton only mustered one shot on target and didn't have any corners. Bailly and Blind looked solid and I'd wager that we had quite a good tackle success rate.

The only complaint I really would have was a few times passes going astray to Southampton, but I suppose that can be chalked down to the beginning of the season. If it was another team they might have made us pay for some of the lose passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thought we were poor down our left (defensive wise) for the first half but once we got the goal things I think went very smooth.

Loving the feeling I'm getting back from watching them play and listening to the players chat about things. Looking forward to the next game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

James Wilson to Derby on loan confirmed.

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/767066236995919873

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

GSPfan wrote:
    I like seeing teams who may be competing with us for the title drop points early.

Neither of them have ;)

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

He really needs to have a brilliant season with them to get himself into consideration for us.

Really like Wilson and he is still very young but after Rashford breaking out and moving ahead of him you feel he needs his own breakout season and hopefully he can do the job at Derby and start bagging goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Good for him but he just isn't going to break into this United team any time soon.

Next summer he should make a move out for his own betterment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Can only hope he's a good season with Derby.If so we should get a decent fee for him. Not good enough too play for a club like Utd and championship football is about his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Can only hope he's a good season with Derby.If so we should get a decent fee for him. Not good enough too play for a club like Utd and championship football is about his level.

He is still only 20. He is more than capable of becoming a 15-20 goal PL striker imo. Obviously sticking at United for so long has stifled him somewhat but when the likes of Will Keane and Nick Powell were getting games last year I know who I'd prefer to have been playing instead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,628 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Liam O wrote: »
    He is still only 20. He is more than capable of becoming a 15-20 goal PL striker imo. Obviously sticking at United for so long has stifled him somewhat but when the likes of Will Keane and Nick Powell were getting games last year I know who I'd prefer to have been playing instead of them.

I don't think you could say he was stifled by United. He is a player who showed a lot of potential at lower levels. He was given chances: 15 games in the PL and he never really showed he was able to succeed at that level. Rashford had a lot less noise around him, was given a chance and never looked back.

Like Powell, Wilson may simply not be good enough, at least for the PL. Even in the Championship he wasn't exactly tearing up trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Gutted Harte is done at city, thats at least 5 goals less conceded a season now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Gutted Harte is done at city, thats at least 5 goals less conceded a season now :(

Pool might sign him tho/hopefully :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Have we been on Motd yet lads? Just got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have we been on Motd yet lads? Just got in.

last match

• Advertisement

Also, it's Hart, not Harte.

Thought you were making some weird point about Ian Harte there for a minute Raze.

Point stands, the blinkers are well and truly off about Hart now, and it means City will improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

last match

Wooohooo were so boring were on last I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/20/antoine-griezmann-atletico-madrid-champions-league-la-liga-football?CMP=share_btn_tw

Antoine Griezmann:
    That is a quality he feels he and Pogba share. Griezmann was not surprised by the midfielder’s record move from Juventus back to Old Trafford this month. “He loves that league. Manchester is the perfect club for him. With Mourinho they are making something new,” Griezmann observes. “I think the supporters in England won’t be disappointed. They can expect the spectacular from Paul. He deserves it. He works hard and has the talent to be such an important player.”

About a move to the Premier League in the future:
    “Yes, why not? If I am out of contract with Atlético I would ask myself that question.”

Will be supporting Griezmann and hope he wins La Liga and the CL and then moves to United next summer...

We have a top of the table clash with Hull next weekend, happy for Mike Phelan but time for Hull to lose one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

RobertKK wrote: »
    We have a top of the table clash with Hull next weekend, happy for Mike Phelan but time for Hull to lose one game.

Top work by Mike or Mick as Phil called him on motd tonight!
    Have to admit I expected them to be waiting a few months to record 2 league wins given their problems at the mo.

It's great gong into these type of games with a feeling of expectation rather than blind optimism again.

Top work by Mike or Mick as Phil called him on motd tonight!
    Have to admit I expected them to be waiting a few months to record 2 league wins given their problems at the mo.

It's great gong into these type of games with a feeling of expectation rather than blind optimism again.

Noticed that too and was thinking since Phil has spent many years with him surely he wouldn't make that blunder. Looked up online and Wiki says
    Michael Christopher "Mike" Phelan (born 24 September 1962), also known as Mick Phelan or Micky Phelan

So maybe everyone at the club actually called him Mick, have we been wrong all those years...

giphy.gif

:pac:

Given what he is doing at Hull so far, we could call him 'Magic Mike' :pac:

The caption says it all. Pogba seems to be a social bee with everyone. Very likeable person!!

https://www.facebook.com/TotalFootball102/videos/1278777828799753/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/20/antoine-griezmann-atletico-madrid-champions-league-la-liga-football?CMP=share_btn_tw

Antoine Griezmann:
    That is a quality he feels he and Pogba share. Griezmann was not surprised by the midfielder’s record move from Juventus back to Old Trafford this month. “He loves that league. Manchester is the perfect club for him. With Mourinho they are making something new,” Griezmann observes. “I think the supporters in England won’t be disappointed. They can expect the spectacular from Paul. He deserves it. He works hard and has the talent to be such an important player.”

About a move to the Premier League in the future:
    “Yes, why not? If I am out of contract with Atlético I would ask myself that question.”

Will be supporting Griezmann and hope he wins La Liga and the CL and then moves to United next summer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHEiArM3lHw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Herrera on Valencia
    He is the best right-back in the world, maybe with Dani Alves.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him the best in the world after just two good games in a row.

Source : http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/Ander-Herrera-says-Antonio-Valencia-is-best-right-back-in-world.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I didn't realise the significance of McNair leaving in terms of a lack of Irish lads at the club. Would have just there was a few gaps earlier during Fergies reign but I guess O'Shea/Evans kept things ticking over for a long while. It could be a long time before you get another Irish lad in the first team squad.
    The end of a beautiful relationship: Manchester United closes its doors on Ireland for first time in 80 years

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/the-end-of-a-beautiful-relationship-manchester-united-closes-its-doors-on-ireland-for-first-time-in-80-years-34981721.html

sport%20graphic.png

Guillem Balague says Real Madrid were desperate for Pogba to join but United beat Real Madrid in every area of the negotiations.
    He also says more and more players are turning down both Real Madrid and Barcelona for other clubs.
    Let’s not mince our words here; Real Madrid wanted Paul Pogba to join them from Juventus so much, it almost hurt. In the end they were blown out of the water by a Manchester United side prepared to offer so much more at every level of the negotiation, a club who trumped them every step of the way.

The sniffy stance taken by Real Madrid that this was 'crazy’ money and something they were going to walk away from suggests that what we have here is a club and a President that has never done deals that involved 'crazy’ money. Stuff and nonsense. The fact is they couldn’t compete with United. Period.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/la-liga-back-strong-financially-134400690.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Herrera on Valencia

I wouldn't go as far as calling him the best in the world after just two good games in a row.

Source : http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/Ander-Herrera-says-Antonio-Valencia-is-best-right-back-in-world.aspx

Herrera is such an archetypal fanboy :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Fellaini Mk.II is looking like a pretty good player.

I have high hopes for Memphis 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Korat wrote: »
    Fellaini Mk.II is looking like a pretty good player.

I have high hopes for Memphis 2.0

Memphis must be still getting updated at Carrington

50% updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Guillem Balague says Real Madrid were desperate for Pogba to join but United beat Real Madrid in every area of the negotiations.
    He also says more and more players are turning down both Real Madrid and Barcelona for other clubs.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/la-liga-back-strong-financially-134400690.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

Isn't Belague a bit anti-Madrid though?

he's also a well known shíte talker.

so you can't really dismiss him one week, and then present his musings as credible the next when he's writing something you want to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

He was saying all summer Pogba was desperate to sign for Real Madrid but Man Utd offered silly money.

Changed his tune a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Belague is a bull ****er ,I wouldn't believe anything he writes.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Januzaj starting very bright for Sunderland, could be s good move for both player and club

• Advertisement

Lads wtf is going on with Schweinsteiger??

He's active on social media in regards to the club and our recent games but doesn't seem to be anywhere near the team.

Any updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He's active on social media in regards to the club and our recent games but doesn't seem to be anywhere near the team.

Any updates

No updates.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Any updates

Mou doesn't want him, so he's not getting game time.

He is being professional and not acting the maggot about it, he knows he'll probably get a move before the end of next week, back to Germany most likely.

I doubt he has himself under any pressure, is keeping himself fit and acting as any professional player should be acting, not creating fake dramas and just generally enjoying life like any multimillionaire footballer should be doing.

This is the first time that Guillem Balague has said players are choosing to turn down the opportunity to join either of the Spanish football giants.
    He does suggest the Premier League is becoming the bigger draw.

The thing is the Premier League is the most popular league in the world, and this is why it is attracting the best managers, players and increased money.
    Balague in his article recognises that times are changing, maybe he was in denial in the past.
    He says quite clearly that Madrid wanted Pogba, Barcelona wanted Nolito, but players have turned them down.
    It does suggest the Premier League is in the ascendancy once again apart from the money.
    What United did with signing Pogba for a world record fee is hugely significant for not just United, but also the league in general.
    The premier league has all the biggest stories this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Moyes going to relegate Sunderland I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Headshot wrote: »

Squad is very poor, not going to get anywhere signing Donald Love and an old Pienaar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ellis Short is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Unearthly wrote: »
    Squad is very poor, not going to get anywhere signing Donald Love and an old Pienaar

How in absolute fook did he get united job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I didn't realise the significance of McNair leaving in terms of a lack of Irish lads at the club. Would have just there was a few gaps earlier during Fergies reign but I guess O'Shea/Evans kept things ticking over for a long while. It could be a long time before you get another Irish lad in the first team squad.

It will be a very long time before another Irish player gets into the first team unless United buy Seamus Coleman which I cant see happening. Football is a global game now and is much easier to pick up the next big thing from France or Holland and develop him and money is so big now in England that clubs can just buy players now instead of developing them. The days of English clubs having to only look through Ireland and Scotland for players outside of England are long gone when you consider that over 90% of Irish youngsters that travel across at 16 don't get a second contract.

Still find it hard to believe he was the one that took over from Fergie. Worst season I have witnessed in my life.

Lets leave it there and not talk about this. I'd rather have a 'we should have kept Welbs' debate or 'Rooney is sh*te' debate or 'why does Bangkok keep moaning about Fellaini ( disregarding his recent confession ) :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement