Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If you can't report and ignore them then that says more about you than them.

Why are you in here wumming? What does it matter to you what's posted in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

gosplan wrote: »
    I don't think Rooney is done but he needs to be treated like every other player now.

He's out of the first team. He needs to perform to get his place back.

Completely agree, I'd argue he is being treated like others, he hasn't been great and he's on the bench, now he has the cup/europe to try win a spot back if he can.

Also anyone know when was the last time we scored 4 goals in the first half? haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

50999841.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Whatever about dropping Rooney, still think the balance of the side is way off. Need to swap mata for carrick/Schneiderlin.

Glad you were wrong as you are i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Great way to answer a few critics. Still not sure Jesse's role out there, he seems to be forcing his play. Pogba has had a great game, I like the Herrera midfield partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Saying one of the club's greatest players should be sent a glue factory is just the height of disrespect. Not to mention outrageously childish and immature.

I agree, Rooney played his part so far.

CtHlCn9XYAAU6y6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

50999841.jpg

Amazing performance! Rooney should just be a sub for Ibra when we need to rotate. Wonder when we last scored 4 goals in first half!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Looks like the Einsteins were right saying to drop Rooney and Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ander Herrera is fcuking class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Jayop wrote: »
    Why are you in here wumming? What does it matter to you what's posted in here?

I'm a Utd supporter. Well done proving my point about our delicate fans on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Lads, we are destroying the champions!!!

Let's talk about that instead of Rooney. I swear people only like to look at the negatives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Quandary wrote: »
    We've scored 2 goals from corners. If I remember accurately, up until now Rooney has been taking our corners and they haven't been exactly producing goals.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Please note Rooney takes corners

I agree it's only 1 game

We need ten+ of him out of the team

Corners are a low percentage return. What's happening today is quite bizarre. There's nothing exceptional about our corners, Leicester are just a shambles at defending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Herrera has had a great game. I really hope he can cement a place in the first 11. He has a brilliant attitude. Pogba has also been quality and Blind excellent too.

We also need to realise that Leicester are completely different and weaker team since they lost Kante. Plenty average teams have rattled in a few against this Leicester side.

That being said, it's great to not be playing sh1t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Did Utd score 4 first half goals in all the first halves together before Christmas in the league last season ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Saying one of the club's greatest players should be sent a glue factory is just the height of disrespect. Not to mention outrageously childish and immature.

He is having a laugh, sure your posts have been a wind up defending Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I love Juan Mata. An outstanding player when played in correct position with pace around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ScummyMan wrote: »

I think he should made vice captain,

Great player,very honest and gives it everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Be too extreme to say Rooney not here is the reason for this. It's one reasons, by the entire team just play quicker and better and Leicester a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

TheDoc wrote: »
    Be too extreme to say Rooney not here is the reason for this. It's one reasons, by the entire team just play quicker and better and Leicester a mess

Nah, we're missing Rooney

...says Claudio Ranieri

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Mata finally playing in his best position and look at the return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Keep the foot on the throttle now in the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ScummyMan wrote: »

Iv said it before and ill say it again.

Should be one of the first names on the starting list

TheDoc wrote: »

Agree. Rooney being out has helped with the pace of our attack, no question there. The fluid and movement has been very impressive. At the same time Leicester have been awful.

Looking forward to second half.

edgecutter wrote: »
    He is having a laugh, sure your posts have been a wind up defending Rooney.

No they've just been reasonable and objective.

Christ almighty we're 4 up at half time and the thread is still hand wringing about Rooney. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I like the part where they did the goals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Amazing performance! Rooney should just be a sub for Ibra when we need to rotate. Wonder when we last scored 4 goals in first half!!

SkySports must be reading this thread

Against Arsenal 2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Blind has been excellent today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's only 1 game. 3 of our goals have been from set pieces.Most of these players started against Feyenoord and lost.

This is the worst part about nailing your colours to the mast. You can only enjoy things when they conform to your opinions. I think Rooney was right to be dropped. Had he played and we were 4 up I'd be equally as happy. We haven't done something like this in years. Savour it.

• Corners are a low percentage return. What's happening today is quite bizarre. There's nothing exceptional about our corners, Leicester are just a shambles at defending them.

Outside of the corners

United's movement has been so much quicker

Ibra has been doing the job Rooney is supposed to be doing about 100 times better, he can drop in and play neat balls forward and he's also in the penalty area when he should be

He's not unintentionally occupying space in midfield and getting in the way like Rooney

Pogba is now playing further forward and has started to show why he was purchased

Rashford dragging the defence all over the shop with his runs. Mata, ibra, Pogba all picking him out

Mata playing 1-2s outside the box

Herrera doing a great job as DM

Blind having a stormer

Early days but yeah, madness to start Rooney next PL match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

What a half. Football has been the best we've played in years, certainly since the first goal went in.
    I've been saying for a long time Blind should be on corners, they've been quality. There's proper pace on them, not these floated ones we've been so used to.

Almost feel for the lads who've been in the pro Rooney camp. Obviously it's only 1 game, but the improvement in standard of play in the final 3rd has been so clear to see.
    I do think Herrara's quickness on the ball over Fellaini does help that a little, but he isn't really involved in the final 3rd.
    That beautiful Mata goal though simply wouldn't happen with Rooney on the pitch. He would have taken the ball and looked to find one of the full backs with a long ball.

Anyway, bring on the 2nd half!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That's more like the United of old, smelling blood and putting a team to the sword. The first of many I hope.

I know it's just one game but playing fast fluid football and scoring goals at will?

Robin-Williams-What-Year-Is-It-Jumanji.gif

What has happened to the Leicester defense? Last year they were awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Corners are a low percentage return. What's happening today is quite bizarre. There's nothing exceptional about our corners, Leicester are just a shambles at defending them.

Whatever about Leicester defending poorly, If you can't even acknowledge that Blind takes more effective corners than Rooney then there is no point continuing a back and forth. Also, for what it's worth, I'm not a complete Rooney hater. I think he has a place in the squad as a striker but right now he is quite a bit down the pecking order.

Today's selection is still not quite right but there are a few players out there who are clearly justifying their place in the team. Herrera, Rashford and Mata - all of whom have been sitting on the bench this season to accommodate Rooney in some shape or form in various games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I love when Mata plays. He seems to be so calm and tricky on the ball. And he's much more dangerous there in the middle than when he's cutting in from the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I don't really agree with people saying Leicester were awful.

We looked dodgy and on the back foot before our first goal and they were playing very well, it's just that we have turned them into sh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I just wonder how do you drop Blind back to the bench for shaw after that. Think he should be there somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Btw that Ibra moment taking the ball down from high and killing it on his foot. Need that gif in my life

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    What has happened to the Leicester defense? Last year they were awesome.

Much easier defend corners when you can hang off people

The non corner goal and the almost Ibra goal were the best play we've done in ages.

Much easier defend corners when you can hang off people

Aye that's true.

This is the worst part about nailing your colours to the mast. You can only enjoy things when they conform to your opinions. I think Rooney was right to be dropped. Had he played and we were 4 up I'd be equally as happy. We haven't done something like this in years. Savour it.

I think he was right to be dropped too and was glad he was. I'm just not going to get carried away with 1 first half performance against a side that haven't really been at the races themselves this season.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Outside of the corners

United's moment has so much been quicker

Ibra has been doing the job Rooney is supposed to be doing about 100 times better, he can drop in and play neat balls forward and he's also in the penalty area when he should be

He's not unintentionally occupying space in midfield and getting in the way like Rooney

Pogba is now playing further forward and has started to show why he was purchased

Rashford dragging the defence all over the shop with his runs. Mata, ones, Pogba all picking him out

Mata playing 1-2s outside the box

Herrera doing a great job as DM

Blind having a stormer

Early days but yeah, madness to start Rooney next PL match

I agree with most of that, we've been excellent and Rooney shouldn't start the next league game. Maybe he can play himself back into form in the Europa League and league cup. I would like to see more goals from play today however. Might be no harm to bring Rooney on early in the second half for Ibrahimovic perhaps. A rest for Ibrahimovich, and perhaps Rooney could get a goal or two to get his confidence back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looks like damage limitation for Leicester with those changes.

Hopefully we can lift the tempo again and get another goal or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It does. Are you in the new site?

I don't really agree with people saying Leicester were awful.

We looked dodgy and on the back foot before our first goal and they were playing very well, it's just that we have turned them into sh!t.

As good as we have played since the goal Leicester have looked unstable in defense and haven't handle the pace at all.

Any team conceding 3 goals from set pieces before half time would be considered a defensive failure and hence why many are saying awful. Especially a team who had such a good reputation at defending last season.

But we have been brilliant too which has obviously led to the scoreline, it has just been helped by Leicester too.

Hopefully we go on to kick a few more in :P

Zlatan for the big arrogant git he's supposed to be always acknowledges his mistakes or another player doing something well.

Quandary wrote: »
    Whatever about Leicester defending poorly, If you can't even acknowledge that Blind takes more effective corners than Rooney then there is no point continuing a back and forth. Also, for what it's worth, I'm not a complete Rooney hater. I think he has a place in the squad as a striker but right now he is quite a bit down the pecking order.

There's no denying they've been effective today. But as I said already, most corners won't result in a goal. The return we're getting from our corners today is quite uncommon. The ball in for Smalling's goal was similar to Rooney's cross to Ibrahimovich against Southampton. He has it in his locker to put those kinds of balls into the box from corners and crosses. Most crosses/corners from any player won't result in a goal however, we're just fortunate to have such a high return today.

• Advertisement

Herrera is class and we actually have off the ball movement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement