Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God Pogba just oozes class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It does. Are you in the new site?

Whoops. I missed it as the title is a bit confusing. Glanced over once I saw it referencing not being able to post here.

Oh and it appears there has been a prohibition law on the books for 200 years,
    "
    Specific matches, major transfers and major news stories are not the purpose of superthreads. PLEASE keep this discussion to the Match Threads/Matchweek threads or discussion threads that are created. NO MATCH INCIDENT DISCUSSION WILL BE TOLERATED IN SUPERTHREADS." I think I prefer it being relaxed though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Jayop wrote: »
    Herrera is class and we actually have off the ball movement.

What I've enjoyed the most is how he's dropping deep and then allowing Pogba to venture further forward.

Again it's only one game against a team not with it, so I'm trying not to get carried away but Pogba is showing the role Mourinho wants him to play, and Herrera dropping deep is helping this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Adamocovic wrote: »
    What I've enjoyed the most is how he's dropping deep and then allowing Pogba to venture further forward.

Again it's only one game against a team not with it, so I'm trying not to get carried away but Pogba is showing the role Mourinho wants him to play, and Herrera dropping deep is helping this.
    Yeah Herrera is doing what Carrick does in terms of dropping and picking the ball up, the difference is that he's able to go past a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Be too extreme to say Rooney not here is the reason for this. It's one reasons, by the entire team just play quicker and better and Leicester a mess

i would agree, for all saying fellaini was one of the best players this season, he has been, but like i said for the last few weeks, its about the team playing well and not one player. fellaini getting dropped has freed up the midfield much more, its like chalk and cheese, fellaini is good at breaking up play but herrera or carrick offer so much more. it should be up to us to take the game to the opposition and not try and stop them.

herrera has been fantastic today so far, passing and moving the ball quickly something fellaini will never be able to do. its a joy to watch so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Herrera is class and we actually have off the ball movement.

Probably the most unacknowledged and underrated player on the team. He's one of my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very poor from Lingarrd who has been poor overall today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Headshot wrote: »

Not been in the game at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Headshot wrote: »

He had a lovely touch for Matas goal but aside from that he has been largely ineffective alright.

Blind has been brilliant today. Wonder will this mean Shaw might struggle to get his position back.

I think the likes of Fellaini, Rooney, Martial and Shaw might be concerned over starting positions. They'll have to prove themselves during the cup and europe runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Quandary wrote: »
    He had a lovely touch for Matas goal but aside from that he has been largely ineffective alright.

That's kind of Lingard all over. His stats aren't bad, but doesn't impose himself on games at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That's kind of Lingard all over. His stats aren't bad, but doesn't impose himself on games at all.

Miki when fit will play in place of him.

Christ lads give the kid a chance to play himself into a bit of form. He's been fine.

• Lovely play

FINALLY.......Carrick, herrera and Pogba in midfield together. the football gods have answered

Christ lads give the kid a chance to play himself into a bit of form. He's been fine.

Ah, we're hardly cursing his first born. I just don't really fancy him as a player. Almost 24 so not a youngster, too lightweight and it's hard to know what his best position is. Positives are that he runs for days, cares about the club and seems to have a knack for contributing timely assists and goals even when he spends long times out of the game.

• Pogba MOTM ;)

A nothing player Bill

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pogba MOTM ;)

A nothing player Bill

excellent today, blind unlucky to miss out

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pogba MOTM ;)

He looks a bit hurt after the huth tackle. Hopefully it's nothing too serious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Balls from Young and Ibrahimovic passed straight out of play in quick succession there. I wonder will there be clips and endless criticism of those passes or if it will be quickly forgotten?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

:) - Win - Result turnover from last season
    ;) - Win - Didn't play last season
    :( - Lose - Result turnover from last season
    :mad: - Lose - Didn't play last season

PL 2015-2016 - Bournemouth v Man U - 2 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Bournemouth v Man U - 1 -3 :)

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Southampton - 0 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Southampton - 2 -0 :)

PL 2016-2017 - Hull v Man U - 0 -1 ;)

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Man C - 0 -0
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Man C - 1 -2 :(

EL 2016-2017 - Feyenoord v Man U - 1-0 :mad:

PL 2015-2016 - Watford v Man U - 1 -2
    PL 2016-2017 - Watford v Man U - 3 -1 :(

EFLC 2016-2017 Northampton v Man U - 1-3 ;)

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Leicester City - 1 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Leicester City - 4 -1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Herrera was everywhere today, right up there with Pogba's performance. Good result.

Well the first 45 minutes was a joy to watch. Second half a bit dull and understandable as Leicester had to make changes to their play, they were so open first half and careless from set pieces.

Everyone had a good game but Mata, Pogba and Blind in my eyes were the best players on the pitch today. Some great stuff to watch and an important 3 points.

The likes of Martial, Shaw, Fellaini and Rooney all will need to take their chances when given in the cup and europe if they want to get back into starting roles in my eyes. It's good that we are building some competition for places though.

Only one game so can't get too carried away but nonetheless what a good result and much needed after back to back defeats in the league. Now roll on Zorya, a tricky game and a game we need to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Herrera was everywhere today, right up there with Pogba's performance. Good result.

And was still going at the end closing the keeper down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

Balls from Young and Ibrahimovic passed straight out of play in quick succession there. I wonder will there be clips and endless criticism of those passes or if it will be quickly forgotten?

Probably not because Ibrahimovic had a good game overall and Young was on the pitch for very little time and is not near a key player. Silly point to be making.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Young gets more than his fair share of criticism. Most of it justified in fairness.
    As for Ibrahimovic, he had a very positive impact on the game overall and was unlucky not to get a goal himself. His poor pass should get criticised of course but it was a relatively isolated piece of bad play in an otherwise solid performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Back in the hunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Great win and great performance especially in the second half.

Brilliant to see players like Mata and Herrera given a game and not pushed out to accommodate someone else. They showed their class today and deserve to play the next league game.

The tempo was great today with quick passing and making chances. Ibra was brilliant dropping deep and linking up play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Well that was fcuking beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We scored about 8% of the league goals we scored last season.

Useless stat, but scoring 4 is real nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Ruthless in the first half

Class and experience in the second half

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Excellent first half, rather boring second, but thats understandable. Demolishing a team over a window of 20 minutes was brilliant though.

Blind was my MOTM, not just for the assists but because he was everywhere.

Thought Ibra had a very quiet and poor game tbh, but it won't get discussed as much when the team wins 4-1.

Hopefully thats the demons exercised for a few weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I actually thought Mata wasn't great first half, obviously apart from his lovely goal.

Thought Valencia was Utds worst player. Blind played a Blinder! at LB. Great cover for Shaw but can't see him displacing him.

Herrera was brilliant first half but got a bit sloppy in the second half. Ibra led the line fantastically well and I thought he was responsible for getting a bit of momentum going before the first goal with some physical challenges and winning headers he had no right to. Pity he didn't score today as he had the chances.

Pogba looked class in th first half especially. He was a bit more disciplined with his forward runs I thought and dribbled with the ball less.

Special mention to Bailly again who just cleared up nearly everything in that first half when Utd were under a bit of pressure.

Do you not think it's about time you got over yourself with this line of questioning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Very pleased with that result and I can't fault any player who played today. They were ruthless in the first half and probably took the foot of the gas a little bit in the second. But that's understandable since it's hard to keep battering a team when you're already 4-0 up. That said, they were comfortable and in control throughout the second half. Nothing we could do about the goal it was just a fantastic strike. Keep it up now lads, you're on the right track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Home record in last 11 games, 9 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss.

Mata was NBC's MOTM.

I think you need to join a Rooney fan club, because you are not really supporting the club. If Rooney was playing well he would have started today, but 99% of the fans know that Rooney is finished and he is becoming a ball and chain stopping us playing our potential. I want more days like this, even if we don't win at least we were good to watch.

Mata was NBC's MOTM.

lots of players excellent today, pogba, herrera, blind, mata anyone of them could have been motm. ibra played very well as well without scoring

Mata was NBC's MOTM.

Mata??:confused:

Love the guy and all but I'd have 5 or 6 ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Happy out with the result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

adox wrote: »
    Do you not think it's about time you got over yourself with this line of questioning?

Just highlighting the double standards
    edgecutter wrote: »
    I think you need to join a Rooney fan club, because you are not really supporting the club. If Rooney was playing well he would have started today, but 99% of the fans know that Rooney is finished and he is becoming a ball and chain stopping us playing our potential. I want more days like this, even if we don't win at least we were good to watch.

You know nothing about me. Perhaps I should post that he should be sent to a glue factory instead like someone else did earlier, is that real support for the club?

Gary Neville making a good point about Rooney on Sky, it doesn't necessarily have to be the end of his United career, he may just have a different role from now on. Whether he'd be happy with that change to his status remains to be seen.

BenK wrote: »
    Gary Neville making a good point about Rooney on Sky, it doesn't necessarily have to be the end of his United career, he may just have a different role from now on. Whether he'd be happy with that change to his status remains to be seen.

Utd won't play him as a bit part player or a a player they play in selective games with the contract he is on.

He will either play the majority of games or will be moved on IMO. No middle ground.

Agree and the point he made about having made a a hundred and fifty odd less apps at 5 years older is amazing given Gary rarely missed football. Rooney has been amazing for United since he came. He's clearly decline lot and we looked better without him, but I still feel he has a role to play if he can accept that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I get the impression that someone is disappointed we played well without Rooney :pac:

You know nothing about me. Perhaps I should post that he should be sent to a glue factory instead like someone else did earlier, is that real support for the club?

I think it's just that you've made yourself clear on the Rooney situation enough times at this stage that it's tiring for people. Of course you can post whatever you want and however often you want but your point has been made again and again (and a few more agains).

Any chance city drop points today?

I think it's just that you've made yourself clear on the Rooney situation enough times at this stage that it's tiring for people. Of course you can post whatever you want and however often you want but your point has been made again and again (and a few more agains).

As have all the negative comments but add a few more agains. Even during the game today when he wasn't playing we got the obnoxious told you so posts.

The club needs to move forward and that means without Rooney. Can he still offer something? Yes, but from the bench.

Today we played brilliantly and it has been a while since I can say that. Was it all surprising to you that it was without Rooney? Not to me and too many other supporters. I don't want the circus that follows Rooney around the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement