Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sam Allardyce has been caught in an undercover sting by The Telegraph, damning stuff, especially his comment on Gary Neville, who I can imagine will fire back..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/

How is this "damning"?

They were arguing for 10 minutes about bringing him on, him and Gary Neville. So Gary was the wrong influence for him. ----ing tell Gary to sit down and shut up, so you can do what you want. You’re the manager, you do what you want, not what they anyone else

this is absolutely correct. some underling arguing with the manager for ten minutes during a game about a sibstitution?

Sit the fúck down, and shut the fúck up is the correct course of action here.

Absolutely nothing "damning" about that.

Doesn't matter a shíte that it was Gary Neville, Roy Hodgson was the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jones suffers another injury setback.This fella must be made out of rice crispies.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/780685477703811072

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would it be kinder to just send him to the glue factory at this point?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Or the vets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Are Sunderland still buying our junk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well when my daughter is old enough, I'll tell her about a Liverpool fan who assumed she was a boy ;)

Ahh they've been like that ever since Torres ;-)

How is this "damning"?

this is absolutely correct. some underling arguing with the manager for ten minutes during a game about a sibstitution?

Sit the fúck down, and shut the fúck up is the correct course of action here.

Absolutely nothing "damning" about that.

Doesn't matter a shíte that it was Gary Neville, Roy Hodgson was the manager.

One of our old boys,Scott McGarvey was involved in this 'sting' apparently!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-how-sam-allardyce-tried-to-make-as-much-money-as-possi/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like Rooney will play Thursday night after Zlatan was given time off by Jose.Zlatan was in Milan on Monday night for dinner with Seedorf.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/zlatan-ibrahimovic-miss-manchester-uniteds-8922749

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

zerks wrote: »
    Looks like Rooney will play Thursday night after Zlatan was given time off by Jose.Zlatan was in Milan on Monday night for dinner with Seedorf.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/zlatan-ibrahimovic-miss-manchester-uniteds-8922749

Sky saying he'll start too on Thursday but on the bench for Stoke yet again

• Sky saying he'll start too on Thursday but on the bench for Stoke yet again

As a Jose critic I have to credit the man for having the balls to make the call

The hairy side of the hand to Rooney and all this player power bull****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

M!Ck^ wrote: »

What player power bullshít? At United?

• Mkhitaryan apparently is fit and available for Thursday also
    Would make sense to play him as #10 and Rooney in front of him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Jose didn't have a choice, it's not about balls, I'm surprised it took so long. There was a huge clamour from the media, pundits and most importantly Utd fans to have Rooney dropped, so it's not like he was going to face a backlash for doing it, even if it didn't work out.

• Jose didn't have a choice, it's not about balls, I'm surprised it took so long. There was a huge clamour from the media, pundits and most importantly Utd fans to have Rooney dropped, so it's not like he was going to face a backlash for doing it, even if it didn't work out.

Was there?
    The fans for sure.
    The rest? Well some articles in the Paper recently but English Media on TV (Sky / BT and his buddies etc) no
    Not until it was revealed it was happening. So they ponder to the narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Was there?
    The fans for sure.
    The rest? Well some articles in the Paper recently but English Media on TV (Sky / BT and his buddies etc) no

Semantics, main point is it didn't take balls to do something that was so obvious and frankly just had to be done. It would take balls to keep playing Rooney in spite of the sh1tstorm around him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Was there?
    The fans for sure.

I think they were in the build up to the Leicester games they were several articles about why he should be dropped.

In my opinion leaving rooney out against Leicester was not a Ballsey decision I think leaving him out against stoke will be a more direct message to him and the rest of the team if your not performing you won't play.

Jose hasent ever ran from big decisions he has dropped cassilas and Terry in the past and I'm sure they are others.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

zerks wrote: »
    Jones suffers another injury setback.This fella must be made out of rice crispies.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/780685477703811072

He has to go, it is sad how his career is going, but this is like a bad joke that seems to never end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata was so good in that play.

• Advertisement

• Semantics, main point is it didn't take balls to do something that was so obvious and frankly just had to be done. It would take balls to keep playing Rooney in spite of the sh1tstorm around him....

Meh

IMO it took big cojones for him to make the decision

Both Moyes & LVG didn't do it

Fergie left it on a plate for Moyes and he gave him a new contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Meh

Thats exactly it mate,

RobertKK wrote: »
    He has to go, it is sad how his career is going, but this is like a bad joke that seems to never end.

IF he is a complete crock he is best off staying with us untill his contract runs out as he wont get the colour of it anywhrere else, not saying he is but it dont look great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Neggie alert: doesn't it show how far Utd have fallen when a goal like this is highlighted. The Utd of old would score this type of goal weekly. It's not that impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Neggie alert: doesn't it show how far Utd have fallen when a goal like this is highlighted. The Utd of old would score this type of goal weekly. It's not that impressive.

That's crap really. If that was barca and Messi taking the one two from Suarez everyone would be creaming themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Jayop wrote: »
    That's crap really. If that was barca and Messi taking the one two from Suarez everyone would be creaming themselves.

It wouldn't make the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Meh it was a class goal. It's an absolute reach to put a negative spin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Nothing would make me happier than to see Herrera and Mata really shine under Jose. The two of them have such great attitudes both on and off the pitch. No bullsh1t just get on with it players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's hardly the news, its Utd tweeting a goal. They do it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

And neither did this. What even is your problem?

Bruce for England job? I'd say likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bruce for England job? I'd say likely.

Has he given up Strictly?

Meh

LVG did drop Rooney also you seem to forget

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• LVG did drop Rooney also you seem to forget

Oh I remember. Wasn't it for like 1 game in December last year? I think he played a week later but open to correction.
    Rooney needs to consistently stay out of the first 11

Southgate will surely pick Rash the Flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Quandary wrote: »
    Nothing would make me happier than to see Herrera and Mata really shine under Jose. The two of them have such great attitudes both on and off the pitch. No bullsh1t just get on with it players.

Was at the game and Herrera's first half performance in particular was top notch. His positional sense and reading of the game when Leicester were on the ball was excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Southgate will surely pick Rash the Flash

ah-ahh!

Oh I remember. Wasn't it for like 1 game in December last year? I think he played a week later but open to correction.
    Rooney needs to consistently stay out of the first 11

That's my point, Rooney has been left out of 1 league game under Jose too, to consider him dropped he will need to be out for more then 1 surely? Or at least to make the point that Jose did it but LVG didn't

• That's my point, Rooney has been left out of 1 league game under Jose too, to consider him dropped he will need to be out for more then 1 surely? Or at least to make the point that Jose did it but LVG didn't

Strong rumours that he won't play at the weekend and will play Thursday. I believe this to be the case and that will confirm that it's not a one-off, I might be getting ahead of myself but I would put my house on it.

Southgate will surely pick flashers

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Semantics, main point is it didn't take balls to do something that was so obvious and frankly just had to be done. It would take balls to keep playing Rooney in spite of the sh1tstorm around him....

Meh

Rooney was about the only player who tried for Moyes (not a surprise you might say, given the contract) and was actually decent that season. Without him we would have been even lower down the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Meh

Rooney was about the only player who tried for Moyes (not a surprise you might say, given the contract) and was actually decent that season. Without him we would have been even lower down the league.

Got to love SSN at times,Rooney gets dropped and then they are wondering will Southgate leave him as England captain or hand it to someone else because Rooney isnt getting first team football.

FFS

• ericzeking wrote: »

Nobody's fault except Moyes and Woodward for faffing around in then transfer window
    Get Rooney out and get him replaced should have been the thought process
    Then again it's not like Moyes had pulling power for top quality #10s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Got to love SSN at times,Rooney gets dropped and then they are wondering will Southgate leave him as England captain or hand it to someone else because Rooney isnt getting first team football.

FFS

1 game I might add . Christ imagine you were injured for 2. You'd never get back in the team

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nobody's fault except Moyes and Woodward for faffing around in then transfer window
    Get Rooney out and get him replaced should have been the thought process
    Then again it's not like Moyes had pulling power for top quality #10s

17 goals and 10 assists in the league that season. Yeah, I'm sure Moyes would have been better off if he had replaced Rooney in the team.

1 game I might add . Christ imagine you were injured for 2. You'd never get back in the team

Ya its comical stuff by SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For all the talk of rooney playing terrible and rightly being dropped i think its deflecting away that zlatan has been poor in general since he came here. hes getting away with it because hes zlatan and rooney has been worse but id be worried that the team will not progress with either of them playing consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

sky88 wrote: »
    For all the talk of rooney playing terrible and rightly being dropped i think its deflecting away that zlatan has been poor in general since he came here. hes getting away with it because hes zlatan and rooney has been worse but id be worried that the team will not progress with either of them playing consistently.

Your joking right ?

• Advertisement

• So Blind will hold his place at left back Sunday
    Not sure who I want as LB at the moment,both bring positives and negatives

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement