Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Brilliant vision from Rooney. A volleyed knee-pass to set up Ibrahimovic.

• Was waiting for Savage to praise Rooneys vision :D

He's unreal, do your head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Instant impact from Wazza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Surely Martial for Rashford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Surely Martial for Rashford

Has to be, give him a rest.

He has covered a lot of ground tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

J. Marston wrote: »
    Brilliant vision from Rooney. A volleyed knee-pass to set up Ibrahimovic.

That's his sexy stats up 1 point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

68': Rooney on.
    69': United goal and first shot on target.

Drop him.

• 68': Rooney on.

Drop him.

Hahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Drop him.

Hi Wayne

Drop him.

You need to change your name to dead horse brah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

This Europa League craic would drain the energy from you watching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mourinho been a dick before a ball even kicked. Humiliating a staff member for all the world to see for not printing out something.

Also midfield awful tonight, slow, poor on and off the ball, I wonder who's playing in there....

You need to change your name to dead horse brah.

So do plenty of others.

• bangkok wrote: »
    Mourinho been a dick before a ball even kicked. Humiliating a staff member for all the world to see for not printing out something.

Also midfield awful tonight, slow, poor on and off the ball, I wonder who's playing in there....

Il give you this one. Fellaini didn't do enough to bring the ball forward IMO tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »

We have a new one trick pony, you don't need to do this any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Woeful pass from Rooney, should have been 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »

You feeling left out because dead donkey getting all the attention??? ;)

#vile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

If we play like this in the latter stages of a European competition we'd be stuffed.

Might be hard to get motivated for a game like this all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Drop him.

Against the premier league champions

1' Rooney on the bench
    42' 4-0...Rooney not on pitch to pass backwards or pass to opposition.
    82' Rooney comes on does sfa

Drop him? Drop him??? fcuking right drop him!!

QUOTE=deaddonkey15;101201169]68': Rooney on.

Drop him.

Against the premier league champoins
    1' Rooney on the bench
    42' 4-0...Rooney not on pitch to pass backwards or pass to opposition.
    82' Rooney comes on does sfa

Drop him? Drop him??? fcuking right drop him!!

I posted a number of times about how I was in favour of dropping him for that game. Everyone on the team did sfa in the 2nd half of that match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ha ha loved Ashley Youngs casual "leave it bro" that he says to Ibra and she the mic picked it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I did have to back this shower of shít to win -1, didn't I?

I posted a number of times about how I was in favour of dropping him for that game. Everyone on the team did sfa in the 2nd half of that match.

Oh right it suits you to suggest he shouldn't have been 'dropped' for just this game then because he came on and sliced a shot:o

Oh right it suits you to suggest he shouldn't have been 'dropped' for just this game then because he came on and sliced a shot:o

I didn't suggest he shouldn't have been dropped for this game. My "drop him" remark was tongue in cheek.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I did have to back this shower of shít to win -1, didn't I?

Rashford 2+ goals myself, we broke the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Fellani and Lingard just not good enough for Manchester United and never will be. Hopefully they will not be started in the league games

Rooney touch and passing was poor again to night when he came on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Robson99 wrote: »
    Fellani and Lingard just not good enough for Manchester United and never will be. Hopefully they will not be started in the league games

Rooney touch and passing was poor again to night when he came on

I'm sure someone will be along to tell you he wasn't so I'm out of here. G'night lads. 3 points on the board is about all that was good tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I'm sure someone will be along to tell you he wasn't so I'm out of here. G'night lads. 3 points on the board is about all that was good tonight.

3 points and the final whistle

Ugly, ugly win but a win nonetheless.

We look much flatter with Fell in.

Ander should have a starting berth pretty much guaranteed.

Good to see Tony M back, looked fairly sharp when he came in.

Rashford had lots of hustle and was a constant headache for the Ukrainians.

Important win, I'd happily take a similar one on Sunday.

We need some serious bucking up or the scouse will take us apart on Monday week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Someone said this morning that they think certain people love Rooney more than United. I swear a load of you hate Rooney more than you love United. Game won and he only played a few minutes yet yer still at it. He's been dropped, he is out of the starting side for the foreseeable, can ye pick a new subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Herrera badly missed in the middle tonight. I thought Mata was very good again, Jose hopefully just taking him off for Sunday. Some very nice play starting to develop between Pogba, Mata and Ibra. Add Herrera into that mix and given a run of games together I can only see them getting better.

A lot of negatives from tonight though. Fellaini was poor as were Lingard and Rojo. Utd looked fragile at the back. Very little structured protection in front of the centre halves. Carrick would probably have been a better partner for Pogba.

Still though, a win is a win.

I didn't suggest he shouldn't have been dropped for this game. My "drop him" remark was tongue in cheek.

Difficult to know if a message is being tongue in cheek or it's a poster being an absolute idiot, glad you cleared that up.

Jayop wrote: »
    Someone said this morning that they think certain people love Rooney more than United. I swear a load of you hate Rooney more than you love United. Game won and he only played a few minutes yet yer still at it. He's been dropped, he is out of the starting side for the foreseeable, can ye pick a new subject?

I think a lot of us are worried that this bit of luck with that assist means he is back in the starting line up again. I just hope Jose won't bow to pressure to the Rooney brigade when they start saying how great he was tonight (look at Savage).

I want the club to move forward without the ball and chain that has been the old guard who are now past their sell by date.

Jayop wrote: »

Really. What makes you think he is out for the forseeable

Difficult to know if a message is being tongue in cheek or it's a poster being an absolute idiot, glad you cleared that up.

Childish name calling over the internet, that's impressive for a grown man.

• Advertisement

Yes the team should have taken their chances, the match was mostly boring, but Zorya were incredibly disciplined with their shape and I'd say even Jose was in admiration of that bus. One of those 'a win is a win' sort of nights, terrible to look at on the field but makes for better viewing on the group table.

Rooney did well when he came on, and that's forgetting his 'assist'. Had Ibra not been there to mop up the spill of the ball, some might be lamenting Rooney missing our second best chance of the game after a lovely move. In fairness to Rooney though, it was literally his first touch of the ball. Fair play to Zlatan, very similar to his salvaged header vs Bournemouth after a Martial mis-hit. Players will mis-hit from time to time and so far in a relatively short span of games, Zlatan has turned two of them into goals.

Zorya, a team on paper that this United side should be scoring a few against, but the reality didn't turn out that way. I'm not overly worried though once the points were picked up. European games are never what they seem on paper, as we should unfortunately know from recent United history.

Childish name calling over the internet, that's impressive for a grown man.

Who's name calling?? You said your comment was tongue in cheek:confused:

Who's name calling?? You said your comment was tongue in cheek:confused:

It was obvious from your post that you were implying that I was an absolute idiot. You ought to conduct yourself a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

:D - Win
    :rolleyes: - Draw
    :mad: - Lose

PL 2015-2016 - Bournemouth v Man U - 2 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Bournemouth v Man U - 1 -3 :D

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Southampton - 0 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Southampton - 2 -0 :D

PL 2016-2017 - Hull v Man U - 0 -1 :D

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Man C - 0 -0
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Man C - 1 -2 :mad:

EL 2016-2017 - Feyenoord v Man U - 1-0 :mad:

PL 2015-2016 - Watford v Man U - 1 -2
    PL 2016-2017 - Watford v Man U - 3 -1 :mad:

EFLC 2016-2017 Northampton v Man U - 1-3 :D

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Leicester City - 1 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Leicester City - 4 -1 :D

EL 2016-2017 - Man U v Zorya Luhansk - 1-0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nalz wrote: »
    I'd put a lot of money on Mata not playing the two games

How much money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

A win is a win is a win.

It was obvious from your post that you were implying that I was an absolute idiot. You ought to conduct yourself a bit better.

No no I did no such thing, you must have read it wrong. You said your comment was tongue in cheek sure.

Anyway, would like to see Herrera come in for Fellaini at the weekend.

No no I did no such thing, you must have read it wrong. You said your comment was tongue in cheek sure.

I think I read it right, I don't know what else you could have meant by the "absolute idiot" remark. I'd like to see Herrera come in too.

That should be a given and hopefully Martial for Lingard

stankratz wrote: »
    Rooney did well when he came on, and that's forgetting his 'assist'. Had Ibra not been there to mop up the spill of the ball, some might be lamenting Rooney missing our second best chance of the game after a lovely move. In fairness to Rooney though, it was literally his first touch of the ball.

To be fair to him the ball back from Fosu-Mensah was very poor. I think most people including Rooney expected that pass along the ground for him to stroke it home, not hit at pace at knee height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Herrera will start 99.99% this weekend.

To be fair to him the ball back from Fosu-Mensah was very poor. I think most people including Rooney expected that pass along the ground for him to stroke it home, not hit at pace at knee height.

Aaah in fairness poor Rooney he done fantastic to get any sort of a touch on it.... and the ball he put out of play when it was simpler to pass well the bloody grounds man should gave put the touchline half way up the stand and it would have stayed in play....
    Poor Auld Wayne its never his fault

Robson99 wrote: »
    That should be a given and hopefully Martial for Lingard

Serious pace to the side then.

Would love to see us hit Stoke on the counter.
    Zlatan dropping deep for the ball around the middle of the park with Rash and Martial speeding past the backline looking to be fed the ball for a clear run at goal.
    Not sure if it will be that type of game against Stoke though they will probably sit back.

Serious pace to the side then.

Would love to see us hit Stoke on the counter.
    Zlatan dropping deep for the ball around the middle of the park with Rash and Martial speeding past the backline looking to be fed the ball for a clear run at goal.
    Not sure if it will be that type of game against Stoke though they will probably sit back.

If Mikateryan can find the form he showed in Germany and have him with Pogba and Herrera in the middle of the park then we would have have great pace in the team

You're right, how can any striker on 300k a week get good contact on that kind of ball?

Drop Mensah

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement