Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

stankratz wrote: »
    Does anybody remember laughter?

7bf45b0ab884e2c1ca8f32812d276880.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

stankratz wrote: »
    Does anybody remember laughter?

Wasn't he right back in the 50's?

Good going forward, turned like an oil tanker

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Wasn't he right back in the 50's?

Good going forward, turned like an oil tanker

Who, Robert Plant?

Edit: Took me a second. It's Friday night, I'm off and indulging :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I don't know which is upsetting me more, this Rooney talk or the fact Kate Abdo is leaving sky today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Hococop wrote: »
    I don't know which is upsetting me more, this Rooney talk or the fact Kate Abdo is leaving sky today :(

WTF?

To go where???

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

xhamster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

WTF?

To go where???

Off to the Yoo Ess Aye apparently...

https://twitter.com/ESO_Gernot/status/781939680690507776

Shame, she really is highly talented on top of being fecking stunning. Pretty sure she's fluent in 4-5 languages, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Billy86 wrote: »
    Off to the Yoo Ess Aye apparently...

https://twitter.com/ESO_Gernot/status/781939680690507776

Shame, she really is highly talented on top of being fecking stunning. Pretty sure she's fluent in 4-5 languages, too.

Yhh she does the UEFA draws in a few languages I think but I wasn't really listening her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Phil Jones is said to have injured his eyes reading this thread, will miss a further three weeks.

I just hope this weekend we win and Spurs can either win or draw with City.

I would love to see the face on Phil Jones reading some of the more outrageous comments in here, alright. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Doc you have some gra for Depay I still hope he comes good but id prefer totry get Martial back to what he has shown as opposed to Depay who has never sparked at united

Don't feel Memphis is being given a fair crack. Depay got roped when his form dipped, nothing else.

Martial has done pretty much the same thing, yet getting opportunities to grind himself back into form. Appreciate why, but in games like last night, Memphis should be playing.

I've gra for Depay because I fully believe we have an absolute belter of a winger there, if he can find form, confidence and get some consistency.

And I also believe Martial to be a striker, so annoys me to see him shoehorned out wide.

I'm also very pot committed with Depay at this stage haha :rolleyes:

I'd agree, the Europa in my opinion should be used for guys like TFM, Schneiderlin since he seems out of favour Depay, whichever of Rashford/Martial isn't going to start in the league, one of Mkhi/Rooney/Mata not set to start in the league, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

adox wrote: »
    Criticising Rooney -biased.
    Defending Rooney- unbiased.

Ok.

Don't forget to mention ignoring posters, that helps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Billy86 wrote: »
    I would love to see the face on Phil Jones reading some of the more outrageous comments in here, alright. :D

Here he is after reading the last few pages of this thread
    Jones3_3307999b.jpg
    A classic... :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Don't feel Memphis is being given a fair crack. Depay got roped when his form dipped, nothing else.

Martial has done pretty much the same thing, yet getting opportunities to grind himself back into form. Appreciate why, but in games like last night, Memphis should be playing.

I've gra for Depay because I fully believe we have an absolute belter of a winger there, if he can find form, confidence and get some consistency.

And I also believe Martial to be a striker, so annoys me to see him shoehorned out wide.

I'm also very pot committed with Depay at this stage haha :rolleyes:

It seems that Memphis was originally in Jose's plans for an appearance v Zorya but a knock to TFM changed his substitution plans...

Mourinho also revealed that Tim Fosu-Mensah was forced off with a knock in United's Europa League victory which meant he was unable to give winger Memphis Depay the time on the pitch he had planned.

"Every game I know more about my players, especially the ones that are on the pitch. Obviously I would like to have other players playing more so I can see more and learn more about them," explained the boss, when asked whether the tough fixtures in October will tell him more about his playing staff.

"I had in my mind to give Memphis 20-25 minutes [on Thursday night], but I couldn’t with the way I had to make the changes and the problem with Tim Fosu-Mensah meant I had to play a right-back [Ashley Young]. But we need the squad, that’s for sure."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Sep/team-news-for-manchester-united-v-stoke-city-jose-mourinho-provides-an-update.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Priorities for this season are the league, finish as high as we can (close second/third) and defending the fa cup.

Jose has irritated me for the first time, complaining about fixtures yet was looking forward to using all his squad, prioritise what is important, league this side of January then deal with things after that. Yeah kinda looks bad falling out to city in league cup, I'll not give a Feck at the end of the season, CL football next season.

Watched the Dundalk game last night and very thankful I did, reading back on comments about united game, the town playing some unreal footie that I think with united, have for a while is pipe dream stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I seem to remember something about an extension that could do something like that in one of the browsers, back a long time ago, in some other time when people didn't want to read other peoples posts but the ignore function simply wasn't enough. Someone else might remember it better

Grease monkey or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

user2011 wrote: »
    Priorities for this season are the league, finish as high as we can (close second/third) and defending the fa cup.

Jose has irritated me for the first time, complaining about fixtures yet was looking forward to using all his squad, prioritise what is important, league this side of January then deal with things after that. Yeah kinda looks bad falling out to city in league cup, I'll not give a Feck at the end of the season, CL football next season.

Watched the Dundalk game last night and very thankful I did, reading back on comments about united game, the town playing some unreal footie that I think with united, have for a while is pipe dream stuff.

Jose was correct complaining about fixtures. Playing 3 games in a week is not an issue but having to play on Monday before Europa rather than after Europa game is pathetic, especially when it's Liverpool on Monday.

1304618376_tumbleweed_gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Yeah Fergie would never moan about fixture pile ups.

• Advertisement

Korat wrote: »
    Yeah Fergie would never moan about fixture pile ups.

Is there anything Fergie didn't moan about? Even after winning something he complained because it made other teams want to beat you lol

Duncan Edwards would have turned 80 today if he were still around. Voted 3rd best player in Europe in 1957 at the age of 20, behind Stefano and Billy Wright, he was destined to be one of the world's greatest.

The music is cheesy in this clip, but there's some decent footage and quotes in there...

Sir Bobby talks about Edwards...

Busby Babes biographer on Edwards...

United lost this game to Villa, but still nice to see any footage, never mind an individual highlights reel from so far back. Edwards is the brick-shíthouse in white, number 6...

Less than four months before his life was tragically cut short, Duncan Edwards played one of his last internationals for England against Wales at Ninian Park in Cardiff. On that day in November 1957, the Welsh manager was Edwards’ mentor and Manchester United’s assistant manager Jimmy Murphy.

Before the game Murphy stood in the centre of the Welsh dressing room, going through the strengths and weaknesses of each member of the England side in great detail.

He talked about ten players, but not Edwards, prompting Reg Davies, the Newcastle inside-forward, to put up his hand.

“What about Edwards?”

“Just keep out of his way son, there’s nothing I could say that could ever help us.”

d0uxVwy.jpg

GLq02CR.jpg?1

One player I wish I had to of been able see more of him playing unfortunately little snippets only.

I suppose we should be greatfull we got the next best thing in Phil jones.

jayo26 wrote: »
    One player I wish I had to of been able see more of him playing unfortunately little snippets only.

Edwards or Jones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I suppose we should be greatfull we got the next best thing in Phil jones.

one player I'd have love to seen make it and get over the cruciate was Adrian Doherty. Was in the same year as Giggs in the Academy and was rated higher by a lot. Signed his pro contract 1st too. Very sad story but apparently a phenomenal player who would have slotted in on the right

If he was better or same class as Giggs you could only imagine both of them on either wing for 15 years.....:(

Edwards or Jones?

Haha that's actually truenjoy. Poor jones playing footage will be hard to come by in few years too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fair play to Chico.

He just deserves so much credit, he has been brilliant in Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

one player I'd have love to seen make it and get over the cruciate was Adrian Doherty. Was in the same year as Giggs in the Academy and was rated higher by a lot. Signed his pro contract 1st too. Very sad story but apparently a phenomenal player who would have slotted in on the right

If he was better or same class as Giggs you could only imagine both of them on either wing for 15 years.....:(

I read Forever Young by Oliver Kay and it's excellent. Tragic story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

yabadabado wrote: »
    I read Forever Young by Oliver Kay and it's excellent. Tragic story.

Yea I read it too. Got the impression he was quite happy without football in his life. It's a shame it ended so tragically, by all accounts he was a very gifted individual, perhaps a little too carefree.

Imagine telling UNITED that you'll only sign a year pro contract to see how it goes when they offer you 5 years.

I do believe United were quite negligent in their initial assessment of the injury and subsequently him going on to play on it, damaging it more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Headshot wrote: »
    Fair play to Chico.

He just deserves so much credit, he has been brilliant in Germany

Honestly I'm delighted for him. Really enjoy seeing him do so well.

Not only is he treated like a star, but his team is designed to create chances for him.

Nearly every time he scores it still looks like half a scuff or it'll bounce off a defender's arse and loop over the keeper. Reminds me of the infamous face-goal against Chelsea and never fails to raise a smile. Little pea legend.

His reaction to that goal against Chelsea says it all about him he just loves playing.

One of favourite was his backwards header that was such natural instinct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Loved Chico - impossible not to. This was one of my faves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

14470451_10154073475442746_113374072937122782_n.jpg?oh=fa8f809c0528509c9701588a3c86b615&oe=5879DA3A

zerks wrote: »
    14470451_10154073475442746_113374072937122782_n.jpg?oh=fa8f809c0528509c9701588a3c86b615&oe=5879DA3A

How ya zerks even by your standards that's late :):):)

The Mirror is saying that one of City's scouts has agreed to join United and 3 others are considering the offers.
    Ed Woodward wants to get the academy back on track after complacency has allowed City overtake them in nurturing young talent.

• Advertisement

How ya zerks even by your standards that's late :):):)

Quiet day on the thread,I didn't dare post a Rooney pic.Wait 'til you see the next one.

Poor Becks,from this:

2233e2913c2c20feeba50b695e32c92c.jpg

To this:

PA-10818871.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, I hadn't noticed how bad Stoke had been doing so far this season.

0 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. 4 goals scored, 15 conceded.

Suddenly looking forward to the match a lot more now...

Lord TSC wrote: »

0 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. 4 goals scored, 15 conceded.

Suddenly looking forward to the match a lot more now...

Zlatan is my captain in FF.United to smash them,since the new rules on grappling players etc. Stoke have had to change to zonal marking and are rubbish at it.

Ed Woodward is a hex on Utd.

I don't believe in the supernatural so it's just front loaded negative outcomes of equal chances.

He'll probably win the lottery but he's no good for Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Lord TSC wrote:

Huge turnaround from last season when they were beginning to flourish with Shaqiri, Arnautavic, Bojan and a great style of football to go with it.

Wonder where it all went wrong for Sparky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ed Woodward is a hex on Utd.

I don't believe in the supernatural so it's just front loaded negative outcomes of equal chances.

He'll probably win the lottery but he's no good for Utd.

That Office door closing gif would be appropriate here, but I can't be arsed.

I am not sure what Ed did to you personally, but its time for the healing to begin. Embrace me as a brother and learn to let it go, the only one holding on to your anger is you. Let it go my friend, be happy.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

zerks wrote: »
    Poor Becks,from this:

2233e2913c2c20feeba50b695e32c92c.jpg

To this:

PA-10818871.jpg

Am I missing a very obvious joke here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Am I missing a very obvious joke here?

I presume it's a reference to the standard of players beside him, it's a donkfest in the 2nd pic...

I presume it's a reference to the standard of players beside him, it's a donkfest in the 2nd pic...

Obertan was the new Ronaldo he was no donk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Bebe is the homeless messi

Beckham left United years before Bebe and Obertan were there.
    Must be from a testimonial or something.

Beckham left United years before Bebe and Obertan were there.
    Must be from a testimonial or something.

It wasn't ment to be factual it was a bit humorous more then anything.

It wasn't ment to be factual it was a bit humorous more then anything.

Ah right. I'm really, really tired.

Ah right. I'm really, really tired.

Tired of a ryder cup weekend you lightweight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement