Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    Tired of a ryder cup weekend you lightweight

The missus is in hospital the last 2 days. I'm lone parenting a 16 week old boy who likes to wake up and have a laugh the second I start to drop off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The missus is in hospital the last 2 days. I'm lone parenting a 16 week old boy who likes to wake up and have a laugh the second I start to drop off :pac:

Sorry pal hope the missus is OK. My kido is just gone off there she hyper looking at golf haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Sorry pal hope the missus is OK. My kido is just gone off there she hyper looking at golf haha.

Ha, no bother man. She's ok yeah, should really be home by now if there was a doctor available to discharge her earlier :mad:
    Sleep is overrated anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Our fixture list is crazy, most of our players will play two matches over the break too?

Liverpool, Fener, Chelsea and City in 9 days after, we need to win 3 of those at least, preferably the first, third and fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Too early to talk about must win games but we can't afford to be dropping points against teams at the bottom like Stoke at any stage.

Fingers crossed we see more of what happened in the first half against Leicester last week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Game day! Always a nice pick me up after a long week. Hope we roll over Stoke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Game day! Always a nice pick me up after a long week. Hope we roll over Stoke...

Match thread is up.

Same team as vs Leicster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Same team as last week. Disappointed Jesse is in there but happy enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Not sure what Jessie has shown to keep a starting spot.

Jesse has had one or two slow games after injury he will be fine.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Not sure what Jessie has shown to keep a starting spot.

Lack of other in form wingers imo. Martial has been poor, Mkhitaryan is hurt, Young is getting older, Memphis is Memphis. Jessie has work rate so gets he nod nearly by default I reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Happy with that team. Hopefully Jesse steps up his end product. Nice to Darmian on the bench. Be great if he got a run

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lack of other in form wingers imo. Martial has been poor, Mkhitaryan is hurt, Young is getting older, Memphis is Memphis. Jessie has work rate so gets he nod nearly by default I reckon...

Ya I think thats the biggest reason why Jesse starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Brilliant line up. We should stroll to victory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Completely off topic but not sure where to post this but spent the last week in Portugal and Boards looked different on my phone while I was there. I thought there'd been an update but now i'm back I realise it must have been something about the location????

Anyone any idea what that was all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

GSPfan wrote: »
    Completely off topic but not sure where to post this but spent the last week in Portugal and Boards looked different on my phone while I was there. I thought there'd been an update but now i'm back I realise it must have been something about the location????

You were probably on the legacy/responsive site.. happens to me all the time.. you can turn it off and on down the bottom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Everything went against me sporting wise yesterday, hopefully today the universe balances itself out

astradave wrote: »
    You were probably on the legacy/responsive site.. happens to me all the time.. you can turn it off and on down the bottom

It was the responsive site. Thank you I never knew about that until now. Wow. I like that version.

It was the responsive site. Thank you I never knew about that until now. Wow. I like that version.

I prefer the legacy myself but it's nice to have a choice

• Advertisement

Pro F and deaddonkey are writing open letters to the FA on how Jose is victimising Rooney by not starting him again this weekend.:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There is a new, horrifying version of Boards that we're apparently going to be all forced to use eventually. They started by making it the default for users outside Ireland a while back.

Darmian on the bench.. he must have done something right this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »
    Pro F and deaddonkey are writing open letters to the FA on how Jose is victimising Rooney by not starting him again this weekend.:P:P:P

Please don't start this again ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

astradave wrote: »
    Darmian on the bench.. he must have done something right this week :D

Wow totally forgot about him!! I'm glad TFM is ahead of him now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

At no point have I ever claimed that Rooney was being victimised. In fact I have posted a number of times recently about how I am in favour of Rooney being on the bench.

See now you have set off deaddonkeys rooney alert.

See now you have set off deaddonkeys rooney alert.

That's cookie_dough's joke. I've already reprimanded another poster for stealing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Come on lads, fire it up again

There is a new, horrifying version of Boards that we're apparently going to be all forced to use eventually. They started by making it the default for users outside Ireland a while back.

Maybe its the responsive version I was using then. I liked it. Felt more evolved than the normal version.

• Advertisement

That's cookie_dough's joke. I've already reprimanded another poster for stealing it.

Sorry I have you blocked so i can't see when you write something ;);)

At no point have I ever claimed that Rooney was being victimised. In fact I have posted a number of times recently about how I am in favour of Rooney being on the bench.

200.gif

Sorry I have you blocked so i can't see when you write something ;);)

Could have fooled me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A wingers tackle if ever I saw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what play

Unbelievable

wow

Ugh. Wanted that to go in so badly. Pogba and Zlatan missing one on ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Herrera having a great game, Zlatan missed the early chance but has been excellent otherwise having to drop very deep as well.

Pogba with some decent moments but dissapointing for me.

• Stoke keeper playing a blinder, stoke sitting at deep also which is annoying

Shame, we should be winning this by 2 or 3

Some great movement off the ball today

Herrera and Pogba in mid makes a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Zlatan and Pogba have both been very impressive and very frustrating simultaneously, more frustrating as the half progressed. Rashford, Lingard very quiet. Mata has been solid, Jose has definitely given him a huge amount of freedom which will really help with chance creation. Herrera has been decent.

We're unlucky not to be a few goals up. Stoke keeper thinks he's David De Gea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hargreaves is in love with Lingard today and I'm inclined to agree. He's finding space and running Stoke ragged when not in possession. Fair play to him and long may it continue

Ibra needs to put those away, we need to be ruthless with our finishing

• Quandary wrote: »
    Zlatan and Pogba have both been very impressive and very frustrating simultaneously, more frustrating as the half progressed. Rashford, Lingard very quiet. Mata has been solid, Jose has definitely given him a huge amount of freedom which will really help with chance creation. Herrera has been decent.

We're unlucky not to be a few goals up. Stoke keeper thinks he's David De Gea!

Rashford and lingard have played well
    Running into space consistantly

Lingard hasn't done much with the ball, but off it he's been great so far. Playing 'Catch Me If You Can' out there, he's creating space and making good runs around the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

stankratz wrote: »
    Lingard hasn't done much with the ball, but off it he's been great so far. Playing 'Catch Me If You Can' out there, he's creating space and making good runs around the back.

It's dragging their defence all over the place and is a huge part in what we are doing our there today.

It's dragging their defence all over the place and is a huge part in what we are doing our there today.

It's not glamorous work, but very important and hopefully will bare some fruit in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rashford and lingard have played well
    Running into space consistantly

Fair enough, I've been drifting a bit in and out of this game here trying to keep an eye on my nephew :pac:

Pogba was awful there didn't track Allen at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pogba has been awful full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He's back bitches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rooney assist.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement