Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Valencia hasn't a word of English. Surely would rule him out

I believe his English is pretty poor but I would not say he "hasn't a word of English" and I imagine if he were to ever become captain he would be the type who would probably take it upon himself to improve his English accordingly.

Would love to see Ander get it though too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I believe his English is pretty poor but I would not say he "hasn't a word of English" and I imagine if he were to ever become captain he would be the type who would probably take it upon himself to improve his English accordingly.

Would love to see Ander get it though too.

TBF, if he hasn't bothered to learn it by now it shows he is not really interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

James wilson has suffered a bad knee injury while on loan to Derby and has returned, think he has only played a handful of games for them.

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/788435675553095682
    WILSON KNEE INJURY FORCES RETURN

Manchester United striker James Wilson has returned to the club for an assessment on a significant knee injury sustained while on loan at Derby County.

The England Under-21 international suffered the injury during a training session on Monday ahead of the Rams' Championship clash with Brentford and is now back with the Reds.

The 20-year-old joined the East Midlands club on a season-long basis in August and has made three starts plus a further appearance as a substitute. He scored in the Checkatrade Trophy draw with Doncaster Rovers earlier this month.

Everybody at United wishes Willo a speedy recovery.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Oct/james-wilson-returns-to-manchester-united-after-knee-injury.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Leroy42 wrote: »
    TBF, if he hasn't bothered to learn it by now it shows he is not really interested

That's a fair point tbh.

Maybe he is secretly fluent and just pretending :D

Seems he is a bit of a joker - who knew :eek:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/2921557/antonio-valencia-impresses-in-preseason-and-could-be-man-uniteds-first-choice-right-back
    "You might not think it, but he's a proper joker among the Spanish speakers," said Ryan Giggs at the start of last season.

Antonio Valencia is no great linguist but stood there grinning. Having moved to England in 2006 to play for Wigan Athletic, while he'd still rather use his left foot in a game than do an interview in English after one, he knew what was being said. His daughter speaks perfect English, as does his wife.

Valencia himself speaks it far better than he ever lets on and, now, he's not only considered the joker among United's Spanish speakers, but the whole squad. Ask Marcus Rashford or Jesse Lingard who they most fear hiding their shoes or their socks and they'll say the Ecuadorian, who grew up in an Amazonian oil town by the Colombian border, where his father had gone to find work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Valencia hasn't a word of English. Surely would rule him out

Valencia does speaks English , just doesnt do any interviews in english

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wonder will we see Mickey Ryan back in the team Thursday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Who is the most likely Utd player to be on the Jeremy Kyle show? Wazza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Well now that Giggs is gone you would have to think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Phil Jones has the most time to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Phil Jones has the most time to spare.

If Jeremy Kyle hurts his feelings then he could be out for another 6 months while they heal.

• Advertisement

• Phil Jones has the most time to spare.

Eh, excuse me! He's extremely busy!

Leeds fan Martin Atkinson is the ref for the Chelsea game on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Never a fan of Atkinson for whatever reason.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Zerks did a zerks :D

Don't ever change...

astradave wrote: »
    Zerks did a zerks :D

Don't ever change...

I really need to get more than 4 hours sleep and read back more than one page.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/19/manchester-united-stole-8-million-fans-from-psg-by-signing-zlatan-ibrahimovic-jesper-blomqvist-6201035/

Zlatan has gotten us a lot more fans.

Jesper Blomqvist:

‘Zlatan is so big in Sweden. I think PSG have lost eight million supporters in Sweden and now they are all Manchester United. Not all but it is like that.

‘More planes come over, they sell a lot more tickets to the United games. I have done it every now and then for a couple of years. Now there are 10 times more calls from companies who want me to come over with the supporters.’

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

What a lovely gesture from wee Rafael.

https://www.balls.ie/football/remarkable-story-rafael-da-silva-charity-lyon/349220

Gave his earnings to a kids charity while he was injured. Always nice to hear stories like these.

Valencia suddenly has gotten skills.

XlyDXCC.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »
    Valencia suddenly has gotten skills.

XlyDXCC.gif

Missed that pass, one of my Liverpool friends was drooling over that touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thoughts slowly moving towards Sunday.

I hope we are little more purposeful Chelsea. I think Liverpool are little ahead of Chelsea at minute and I reckon we have what it takes to be little more attacking.

Reckon we can get a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Would like to see Martial coming in for Young, Young had a good game but he added nothing on the counter attack.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to their official Twitter account, Fenerbache's plane had to make an emergency landing on its way to Manchester when a bid flew into and shattered a window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd like to see Martial come in to it for Ibra funnily enough, they may be able to use himself and Rashfords pace a bit better then in a counter attacking sense, I wouldn't be in a huge rush to remove Young from those bigger games. Bit like Park in that way I guess..

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Lord TSC wrote: »
    According to their official Twitter account, Fenerbache's plane had to make an emergency landing on its way to Manchester when a bid flew into and shattered a window.

Think Woodward would calm down with his bids round Manchester.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Think Woodward would calm down with his bids round Manchester.

Mad sh1t can happen when bids don't get prepared properly.

Thankfully the Fenerbache plane and its passengers landed safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If you only looked at the twitter handle you would never know RVP left in the first place.

Always thought it odd how united basically ignored the fact he was sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If you only looked at the twitter handle you would never know RVP left in the first place.

Remember saying at the time, it was one of the most ludicrous transfers in modern times that just went completely of the radar.

He basically just left, flew there, to a big fanfare, press conference the works. And the clubs had yet to agree a fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fosu mensah has signed a near 4 year deal and option of extra year. Great news.

• Advertisement

We should see some Mickey tomorrow night, and I'm not talking about Rojo's nudes.

https://twitter.com/StuMathiesonMEN/status/788723398520242176

Jose also confirmed Shaw would start.. the only one he confirmed as a starter

Am I remembering wrong or was there a certain "Barca fan" bleating on about how Bravo was a better keeper than De Gea?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

£180 million spent no wins in last 4 games, absolute spoofer that pep is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I guess it would have been embarrassing for City to go away for a big game and play a disciplined defensive style of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I guess it would have been embarrassing for City to go away for a big game and play a disciplined defensive style of play.

Instead they go with no striker and play an undisciplined defensive style of play. Maybe he should put Kompany up top again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I thought the same but then someone pointed out they didn't actually ignore it.

http://www.manutd.com/en/news-and-features/football-news/2015/jul/robin-van-persie-completes-move-to-fenerbahce.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Something something busted flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Something something busted flush.

Should start a thread about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

There's Matthieu sent off, useless. Any United defender is better than he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was quietly happy when we didn't go for Stones. Nothing has happened yet to change that.

bangkok wrote: »
    There's Matthieu sent off, useless. Any United defender is better than he is

Mathieu joining Barca is like Christy Moore joining One Direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Watching silvestre on bein sport he has to be the dullest pundit ever they be more life in a statue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Very good news about Fozzy signed up to 2020.

jayo26 wrote: »

I'll post this on Friday just for Astradave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Great news alright and he's one of my brightest hopes for the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Looks like 4 is the number of the day.

• I expect a couple of changes, however we are better off getting qualification to the knockouts done and dusted early.
    Thursday - Sunday is a disaster though.
    Would really love to see Miki @ #10

Martial available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would like to see:

De Gea
    Darmian--Fosu-Mensah--Blind--Shaw
    Carrick
    Schneiderlin--Mkhitaryan
    Memphis
    Martial
    Rooney

Some rotation, some resting, a some 'get some fitness' minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I think we will win tonight and win Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Difference between Barca at the Nou Camp and Liverpool at Anfield tbf...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement