Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That's more like it boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pogback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

We've wrapped up the game by half time!!! Am I dreaming :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Won't get an easier half then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Oh Christ Rojo is on

Must be a chance for him to impress Fenerbahce :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm worried Lingard and Pogba will run out of stupid celebrations in this game alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm worried Lingard and Pogba will run out of stupid celebrations in this game alone

Heretic

Surprised how easy this has been really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Surprised how easy this has been really.

world class players v average and over the hill ex premier league players.... not really surprising in fairness, just everything clicking after the first goal.

pity we didnt get early goal v stoke

Early goal is everything.

• Advertisement

pogba carrick and herrera...... how good would that be

bangkok wrote: »
    pogba carrick and herrera...... how good would that be

Mata's doing a fine job in there for Herrera.

Jayop wrote: »
    Mata's doing a fine job in there for Herrera.

imagine

carrick

herrera
    pogba

Mata
    Martial

Rashford or Ibra

bangkok wrote: »
    world class players v average and over the hill ex premier league players.... not really surprising in fairness, just everything clicking after the first goal.

pity we didnt get early goal v stoke

True but we haven't exactly impressed in Europe of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh Memphis!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Big Sam will be happy with Lingard's performance! :pac:

Memphis can make an easy pass look difficult.

Think should either loan Depay out or sell him.

He's piss at this stage.

Can see he's trying his best but god going forward it's really not coming together for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nice touch from evra here showing his class as always.Screenshot_20161020_214227.pnghow to capture screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RVP, get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Surely nowhere near 71k people there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Happy for RVP to score but Rojo was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

What was Rojo doing for the goal, he was in no mans land.

Surely nowhere near 71k people there

They count season ticket holders I assume they have to buy European tickets too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads I think Memphis might just need a goal
    The touches have been there

• Advertisement

Poor rooney he has had one of his best games for a while and never stopa trying but he has clearly lost a large percentage of his agility and pace. He turns like a sumo wrestler.

fergie loved that rvp goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

brinty wrote: »
    Lads I think Memphis might just need a goal
    The touches have been there

I feel bad for him at times. He clearly has quality and he looks genuinely gutted when what he tries doesn't come off. I'd love to see him get a late winner from a piece of individual quality and see whether something like that couldn't spark him off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Poor rooney he has had one of his best games for a while and never stopa trying but he has clearly lost a large percentage of his agility and pace. He turns like a sumo wrestler.

Even Savage, who usually defends him to the hilt, was lamenting his inabilty to get the shot off at the end of the game :/

Pogba's and Lingard's Screamers were great, and nice to have a very, very comfortable win sandwiched in between Pool and Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I thought Rooney showed plenty of pace at times tonight.

• Advertisement

I feel bad for him at times. He clearly has quality and he looks genuinely gutted when what he tries doesn't come off. I'd love to see him get a late winner from a piece of individual quality and see whether something like that couldn't spark him off.

His composure seems to be lacking at the moment. Like he has a bit of a rush to the head when a through ball is on and mucks it up.
    He's unlucky in a way that two of our strikers are being used a lot as wingers and have more pace and dribbling ability than him.

He may be a success somewhere else but I'd be surprised if he turns it around at Utd and becomes a first team regular)hope I'm wrong of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Were you sitting on your Sky remote by any chance?

His pace is definitely gone. He'd be down the pecking order in my pick from the current Utd squad.

Loved this so much haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Really? I thought he had a good game but it is abundantly clear that he doesn't back himself even over 5 yards anymore, let alone 20. There was a momens second half where he did a nice flick on the turn in the box and tried to get around his man but it just harmlessly trickled to the keeper. He knows what he wants to do but struggles to execute because he has lost that yard.

All that being said, there should be no doubt after tonight that Rooneys best position is up top. Hasn't looked as involved and assured in his game plan in a long time.

I'm not gonna get in a debate about it there is no need to but there is a big difference in showing a bit of pace running in a straight line then showing the kinda burst of pace on the turn that he used to have in an abundance and he has not got that now and I think that's why his first touch looks so bad at times.

But he did well tonight he played well with some good touches but it was still clear what he was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Pace? No.

I thought you had me blocked? No, I wasn't sitting on my sky remote. I thought there was plenty of bursts of pace from Rooney tonight where he was surprisingly fast. He showed good pace in the build up to the 3rd goal.

I thought you had me blocked? No, I wasn't sitting on my sky remote. I thought there was plenty of bursts of pace from Rooney tonight where he was surprisingly fast. He showed good pace in the build up to the 3rd goal.

I never said I blocked you. I said I had enough of you in that other thread. You've still a fair bit of work to do if you want to make my ignore list. There's only 2 people on it. It's quite the exclusive club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nice to see both Mata and Rooney calling for the press in the run up to the 3rd goal.. something we haven't seen from players on the pitch in a long time.

• Advertisement

I never said I blocked you. I said I had enough of you in that other thread. You've still a fair bit of work to do if you want to make my ignore list. There's only 2 people on it. It's quite the exclusive club.

Pick me!!!! :pac:

astradave wrote: »
    Nice to see both Mata and Rooney calling for the press in the run up to the 3rd goal.. something we haven't seen from players on the pitch in a long time.

They are learning from ander.

I hate the phrase the press tho it's in the same league as lvg and his process. I never heard so much about a press until the Liverpool players started running 13k a game now it seems to be the in thing to do and if you don't do it your been negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Darmian was pretty bad tonight.

Really? I thought he had a good game but it is abundantly clear that he doesn't back himself even over 5 yards anymore, let alone 20. There was a momens second half where he did a nice flick on the turn in the box and tried to get around his man but it just harmlessly trickled to the keeper. He knows what he wants to do but struggles to execute because he has lost that yard.

All that being said, there should be no doubt after tonight that Rooneys best position is up top. Hasn't looked as involved and assured in his game plan in a long time.

Most of the bits of pace that stuck out to me were off the ball runs, which obviously aren't going to be very memorable. He seemed hungrier to me this evening and I definitely think the speed is still there, maybe not quite the acceleration he used to have, but he's still quicker than people give him credit for in my opinion.

Jayop wrote: »
    Pick me!!!! :pac:

I'd never block you Jayop.

You should change your username to the black sheep at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Darmian was pretty bad tonight.
    As was Memphis..these are games he should be coming on to make a point. He just doesn't show the willingness to do well

They are learning from ander.

I hate the phrase the press tho it's in the same league as lvg and his process. I never heard so much about a press until the Liverpool players started running 13k a game now it seems to be the in thing to do and if you don't do it your been negative.

Ah bollocks, the press has always been a thing as long as I remember watching football. The difference between what Liverpool do and what the traditional press is that Liverpool seem to press all the time whereas the tradition was to press on a certain trigger.

#schooled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

skinny90 wrote: »
    As was Memphis..these are games he should be coming on to make a point. He just doesn't show the willingness to do well

Instead of coming on I would say he should be starting games like this.

Get into the flow of the game from the start.

• Advertisement

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Instead of coming on I would say he should be starting games like this.

Get into the flow of the game from the start.

Exactly there's a few players in squad who need the game time yet games like today no where to be seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement