Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

bangkok wrote: »
    We are playing a poor Chelsea side this time though... Hope we attack them from first minute, they are very vulnerable at the back. Would love to see us start both ibra And rashford up top. Won't happen though

Poor is a bit harsh. :P We are ahead of United. :pac: United will set up similar to the Liverpool game I'd imagine, I see it being a very tight game 0-0 or 1-0 either way, it's a tough one to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Johner wrote: »
    Poor is a bit harsh. :P We are ahead of United. :pac: United will set up similar to the Liverpool game I'd imagine, I see it being a very tight game 0-0 or 1-0 either way, it's a tough one to call.

Sorry, poor compared to previous Chelsea teams... But ye it will be a close game depending on how Jose approaches it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Robson99 wrote: »
    Was lucky enough to be at that game. He was brilliant that night as was Zidane. O Shea nutmegging Figo same night IIRC

I was there too. O'Shea did that right in front of me, I was about 20 rows back from the pitch in the North Stand. Best night ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I think we're going to beat Chelsea. By two goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GSPfan wrote: »
    I was there too. O'Shea did that right in front of me, I was about 20 rows back from the pitch in the North Stand. Best night ever.

Best night ever?! We got knocked out that night... Or did you mean what happened in the hotel after the game with some hot mancunian girl? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

bangkok wrote: »
    Best night ever?! We got knocked out that night... Or did you mean what happened in the hotel after the game with some hot mancunian girl? :)

Or maybe getting to see one of the best ever individual performances live...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It was an incredible game, I was there too as have mentioned previously I'm sure.

Even though we went out we played some great stuff, I feel privileged to have witnessed it in the flesh and was on my feet also applauding when the great man was substituted.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Zidane, Keane, Figo, Giggs, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Veron, Casillas, Hierro, Makelele, Beckham, Van Nistlerooy.

Its like the first round of a fantasy draft and they were all on the field that night, incredible stuff really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It was an incredible game, I was there too as have mentioned previously I'm sure.

Even though we went out we played some great stuff, I feel privileged to have witnessed it in the flesh and was on my feet also applauding when the great man was substituted.

I was also at that game,as you say despite the loss it was an amazing night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Zidane, Keane, Figo, Giggs, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Veron, Casillas, Hierro, Makelele, Beckham, Van Nistlerooy.

Its like the first round of a fantasy draft and they were all on the field that night, incredible stuff really.

And Silvestre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Predictions for tomorrow? I'd say 1.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2-1 Mata getting the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think Ibra is going to get plenty of chances against Cahill and Luiz.(probably a back three though going by recent games) Hopefully he takes them.

Glad we are playing them early in the season. They have had their issues but Contes and excellent manager and he will get them sorted sooner rather than later. Had them down as my pick for league winners at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Back to back goalless draws on Sky :P Not a great week for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Back to back goalless draws on Sky :P Not a great week for them

Least this game was decent enough :D

All of the ****ty sky sports pundits going with a Chelsea win. Paul Merson is actually the worst. Saying Costa is unreal, he's scored a few goals, quick to forget his shortness last season. Love to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    All of the ****ty sky sports pundits going with a Chelsea win. Paul Merson is actually the worst. Saying Costa is unreal, he's scored a few goals, quick to forget his shortness last season. Love to beat them.

I don't know why anyone even pays attention to Merson. One of the worst pundits around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

What on earth is Bastian doing nowadays? Is he even training with the club - like the reserves or something?

Media's gone very quiet on him recently :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What on earth is Bastian doing nowadays? Is he even training with the club - like the reserves or something?

Playing FIFA at home id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mourinho stole his copy.

He's deciding where to take his next photo every weekend wishing everyone to have a good one.

He needs to get himself a copy of The Witcher 3 pronto. After 6 hours on it he won't remember his own name, never mind the fact that his career is in crisis.

What the funk is wrong with Paul Parker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Not the only ex player to have less than complimentary things to say about him, Keane wasn't very forgiving in his first book if I remember correctly.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

In work, whats he said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I find that refreshingly honest! Although he is definitely breaking the footballers secret code of not throwing each other under the bus so to speak.

It wouldn't surprise me if Schmeichel was like that, there's plenty of stories going around from his playing days that don't paint him in the greatest of lights (the way be treated younger players for eg.)

He seems to have mellowed a lot in his later years going by his punditry manner. Either that or he's one hell of a good actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

All he seems to do is tweet (hopefully) accidentally melancholic photos of himself standing somewhere cloudy and concrete-y.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah he's ****e

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/787256663774560256

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

Never said he's **** but he did nothing last year. Also helps that they have no other striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Never said he's **** but he did nothing last year. Also helps that they have no other striker.

Makes his stats all the more impressive if you think he did nothing last year.

A good day for us today so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Results like this need to be capitalized on
    Ibra should be on Luiz all day
    Mata with the winner
    Jose to go nuts
    Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

No Rooney or Mkhitaryan in the squad for tomorrow's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bret Hart wrote:

Wow
    Controversial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bret Hart wrote: »

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Source?

From the MEN photographers at the train station.. Schneiderlin was there too.. no Rooney or Mkhi

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/789861093099315200

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Luckhurst is usually pretty good with the squad news like that.

Really wondering what the story is with Mkhitaryan now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Luckhurst is usually pretty good with the squad news like that.

Really wondering what the story is with Mkhitaryan now...

To be honest wouldn't expect Mkhitaryan to play tomorrow. Burnley is where I expect too see him feature.

Must be frustrating for him some people saying he is looking like some form of bargaining chip that had to happen for Railo to make Pogba happen. Sounds ridiculous to me he's a brilliant player and a clear solution to our RW issue we had and have.

To be transparent ahead of tomorrow and not get into another massive deal after. I'll be massively underwhelmed and disappointed to see a similar tactic tomorrow as Monday

There is no reason I respect this Chelsea team so much as to not go there to play football control possession and get three points.

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be honest wouldn't expect Mkhitaryan to play tomorrow. Burnley is where I expect too see him feature.

Must be frustrating for him some people saying he is looking like some form of bargaining chip that had to happen for Railo to make Pogba happen. Sounds ridiculous to me he's a brilliant player and a clear solution to our RW issue we had and have.

To be transparent ahead of tomorrow and not get into another massive deal after. I'll be massively underwhelmed and disappointed to see a similar tactic tomorrow as Monday

There is no reason I respect this Chelsea team so much as to not go there to play football control possession and get three points.

Would you start Carrick Doc?

Him and Herrera in CM and push Pogba on

Would you start Carrick Doc?

Him and Herrera in CM and push Pogba on
    I think it might be an idea but two games in three days is unlikely from carra's

brinty wrote: »
    I think it might be an idea but two games in three days is unlikely from carra's

Thats true,maybe get ahead and bring him on for Fellaini to close out the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tomorrow will be a carbon copy to the Pool game I reckon, right down to the team selection.

With the cup game being a knockout match and at OT. I would expect that to be a bit more positive, but against Chelsea away....it will 100% be another grind out a result match, for good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

zerks wrote: »
    Match thread,

Sky's tactical analysis:

Excellent stuff.

I worry about Val v Hazard. we could be in trouble there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tomorrow will be a carbon copy to the Pool game I reckon, right down to the team selection.

With the cup game being a knockout match and at OT. I would expect that to be a bit more positive, but against Chelsea away....it will 100% be another grind out a result match, for good reason.

Why can't Utd go there and attempt to play football and beat them just like Liverpool did?, I can't get my head around this mentality yous are developing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Why can't Utd go there and attempt to play football and beat them just like Liverpool did?, I can't get my head around this mentality yous are developing.

Away and ****e with this tbh. You all lapped it up when Benitez kept it tight in big games but are suddenly above it because you've a new manager with a different way of doing things. It'll be interesting to see how this season ends.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement