Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Would you start Carrick Doc?

Him and Herrera in CM and push Pogba on

Would love to see a mid field 3 of Herrera, Pogba and Mikitharian at some stage this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Neither Mkhitaryan nor Rooney have travelled to London, Mkhitaryan is a tragic situation not helped by Jose finding out how good Mata fits into this side. Perhaps Mkhitaryan will get a run out against city on Wednesday. Tomorrow is a must win game for the manager I don't think he would be happy with a draw did he ever play at Chelsea whilst managing Real or Inter?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why can't Utd go there and attempt to play football and beat them just like Liverpool did?, I can't get my head around this mentality yous are developing.

Its not that I'd want that mentality long term. And I reckon we have a better chance against Chelsea than we did Liverpool.

But we've got a dreadful record away to Chelsea (1 win in 14 games iirc), they are favorites for the game, and we're in the middle of a dreadful fixture list. I'd imagine that Jose's mindset is if we get through Pool, Fenerbache, Chelsea, City unbeaten, then thats a very good set of results, even if there's draws in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If carrick starts tomorrow we win IMO. Still our best passer in the team, him Herrera and pogba is th best 3 we have at the min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

bangkok wrote: »
    If carrick starts tomorrow we win IMO. Still our best passer in the team, him Herrera and pogba is th best 3 we have at the min

Agree. Those 3 in midfield are brilliant and would make me very confident tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

You're only setting yourself up for a disappointment. Carrick won't get near unless there's an injury.

Herrera won't be dropped.

Pogba will play.

LOL at the idea of Fellaini not playing in an away game v Chelsea in a Jose team.

This is simple math.

Blatter wrote: »
    You're only setting yourself up for a disappointment. Carrick won't get near unless there's an injury.

Herrera won't be dropped.

Pogba will play.

LOL at the idea of Fellaini not playing in an away game v Chelsea in a Jose team.

This is simple math.

Yea prob but I don't know why and I don't know why Jose can't see why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mkhitaryan started slow at Dortmund (despite being pretty damn good at Shakhtar), he got injured quickly with United, he has shown a couple of flashes already of what he can bring. No sense rushing him, going on his Dortmund time he may just be a player who needs to be eased in until he settles. I have no doubt he is going to have a big part to play come the end of the season.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Yea prob but I don't know why and I don't know why Jose can't see why...

The dynamics of the Fenerbahce game were such that Carrick's weaknesses weren't exposed and his strengths were magnified. And that's good, there's nothing wrong with that - excellent management from Mourinho in fact.

But let's not pretend that we're anticipating the Chelsea game to be anything like what the Fener game was, and let's not completely ignore that context when discussing whether or not Carrick should start the game.

Blatter wrote: »
    The dynamics of the Fenerbahce game were such that Carrick's weaknesses weren't exposed and his strengths were magnified. And that's good, there's nothing wrong with that - excellent management from Mourinho in fact.

But let's not pretend that we're anticipating the Chelsea game to be anything like what the Fener game was, and let's not completely ignore that context when discussing whether or not Carrick should start the game.

Chelsea are there for the taking tomorrow. We should attack from the beginning, I hope we don't go defensive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm strangely confident of a win tomorrow for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Oddly I'm the opposite, just never confident at the Bridge. 2-1 loss is in my head.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It's made for a win for us.... Highly confident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

How's that headline news? "Substitute to miss match"

How's that headline news? "Substitute to miss match"

Maybe because he is united and England captain and one of the most talked about players in the premier league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Well lads wish me luck... I ventured into the match thread and even engaged people..... I'm ashamed of my self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well lads wish me luck... I ventured into the match thread and even engaged people..... I'm ashamed of my self

Opened it. Read it. Left it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

adox wrote: »
    Opened it. Read it. Left it.

It seems to have been hijacked by the joint top of the league in October for at least a day celebration party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It seems to have been hijacked by the joint top of the league in October for at least a day celebration party.

*boom bust cycle*

It's a pity there's only one way to play football nowadays and every other team is just killing the sport for not playing that way.
    If only we could be like those guys... The saviours of English football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

You disgust me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's a pity there's only one way to play football nowadays and every other team is just killing the sport for not playing that way.
    If only we could be like those guys... The saviours of English football.

Be great to see them play Barca at the Nou Camp and see how their pressing gets on..

Be great to see them play Barca at the Nou Camp and see how their pressing gets on..

Too right mate
    There is only so long a team can play that way
    Eventually borussia burnt out and so will the scousers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

brinty wrote: »
    Too right mate
    There is only so long a team can play that way
    Eventually borussia burnt out and so will the scousers

Unlikely.

They have no European distractions so, similar to that season where they slipped up, they can focus entirely on the league, week in, week out.

Unfortunately they don't have Gerrard there to balls it up this time so they stand a more than decent shot at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Embarrassing from the grown up men. There are even few clowns who post **** and then take moral high ground.

Anyways Gerrard slip saved the internet world, would have been unbearable had they won it. Whenever I read the posts it reminds me of "Empty vessels make more sound" saying.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Embarrassing from the grown up men. There are even few clowns who post **** and then take moral high ground.

Anyways Gerrard slip saved the internet world, would have been unbearable had they won it. Whenever I read the posts it reminds me of "Empty vessels make more sound" saying.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Hahah, yesterday in the thread there was a few posts and I quote "are we watching the champions"

OCTOBER OC-****-TOBER

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Hahah, yesterday in the thread there was a few posts and I quote "are we watching the champions"

OCTOBER OC-****-TOBER

yeah man. like come on. its october. OC TO BER. christ. thank fu*k we support old reliable manchester united eh?

BMMachine wrote: »
    yeah man. like come on. its october. OC TO BER. christ. thank fu*k we support old reliable manchester united eh?

What has United being reliable got to do with the fact that I'm pointing out Liverpool fans are doing their usual groundhog day and claiming they're going to win the league and in October.

• Advertisement

Funny how an initially busy Chelsea v United thread ground to a halt when a mod demanded a stop to the Liverpool v United "bantz"
    The sooner we overtake the better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lads, be nice. They've had what... two? title pushes in the last quarter of a century. Let them have their moment while they can. Ah, bless 'em. :)

And besides that, the more they lose the run of themselves the more we have to remind them of when they revert back to "yeah well here's what we won back when Conte, Klopp, Mourinho & Guardiola were teenagers, so there!" And that's a fahct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

What has United being reliable got to do with the fact that I'm pointing out Liverpool fans are doing their usual groundhog day and claiming they're going to win the league and in October.

What Liverpool fans. Venture over to the Liverpool thread and you will struggle to find that train of thought from anyone. When it is mentioned it is said in jest and when you know the regulars and their posting style it is obvious.

On that note, the only people mentioning it are the Utd fans in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd imagine Mkhitaryan isn't 100% fit, Jose leaving him out will give any good player the motivation to get back to their best. Instead of making the team on name alone.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Damien360 wrote: »
    What Liverpool fans. Venture over to the Liverpool thread and you will struggle to find that train of thought from anyone. When it is mentioned it is said in jest and when you know the regulars and their posting style it is obvious.

On that note, the only people mentioning it are the Utd fans in this thread.

Empty vessels indeed.

5starpool wrote: »
    Empty vessels indeed.

Taken directly from yesterday's March Thread.
    Empty vessels and all that. Looks to have been ninja edited but thankfully someone else quoted it.

Quote: niallo27
    Are we watching the champions playing today. Maybe maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Empty vessels and all that. Looks to have been ninja edited but thankfully someone else quoted it.

Think he meant west brom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah jaysus man. I think most people knew I was taking the piss in fairness.

Lads don't honestly see the point in going to other teams threads. You support one club. Thats all you need to be concentrating on. Not other clubs thoughts of how well they're going. They'll always have a biased view that differs from yours.
    Going onto another clubs thread and making comment about how they need to grow up probably reflects Hydra's badly on you and your need to go likewise.

Anyways #ggmu

I see a win today in the offing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Possible champions?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lads don't honestly see the point in going to other teams threads. You support one club. Thats all you need to be concentrating on. Not other clubs thoughts of how well they're going. They'll always have a biased view that differs from yours.
    Going onto another clubs thread and making comment about how they need to grow up probably reflects Hydra's badly on you and your need to go likewise.

Anyways #ggmu

A match thread is not another teams thread.. that is the problem with them. The team that is playing automatically assumes that it's is their thread and then when someone from a different team posts they get hounded out of it. And that works all ways too not just Liverpool fans.

Edit for clarification: the posts that are being talked about were in the match thread

astradave wrote:
    A match thread is not another teams thread.. that is the problem with them. The team that is playing automatically assumes that it's is their thread and then when someone from a different team posts they get hounded out of it. And that works all ways too not just Liverpool fans.

Fair point mate in match threads. I never go into then myself based on the stuff posters report here.

I meant other clubs specific threads and the trolling that goes on from it but we'll not fall out over it.

Anyways back to the main thing - today's match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pep and defences never work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Be interesting to see how Bailly fares against Costa. He didn't seem the type to suffer fools gladly so I hope he can keep a level head and not rise to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lads so glad we didn't get stones so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hococop wrote: »

HAve never seen what the hype was about.

When he was sitting on the Everton bench getting plaudits for being the new Rio Ferdinand, we had Blind actually playing, actually being a ball playing centre half, and people calling him a liability.

I'm actually struggling to remember incidents last season when our defence or De Gea caused mistakes leading to goals due to Van Gaals philosophy.

Pep's is not too different in terms of tactics in your own half, yet our team under Van Gaal looked so more accomplished and assured. And an obvious when things look hairy, launch it

This is just stupid from City, match after match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Hococop wrote: »

Phil Jones is better than John Stones

New chant?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If City don't win this the weekends fixtures couldn't have been better for us before we play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

New chant?:pac:

Jones has conceded less this season.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jayop wrote: »
    If City don't win this the weekends fixtures couldn't have been better for us before we play.

If United were on a run similar to City,it'd be all over the media.It just goes to show no matter what they think,they really are pretty irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement