Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hopefully this will make Jose pull the finger out and sort it out

If only it were that easy .

Jose is a broken man since his spell at Real Madrid ,he is no longer the manager he was .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Hopefully this will make Jose pull the finger out and sort it out

Needs to sort out best 11. Lindgard on ahead of Martial and Mickey :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If only it were that easy .

Jose is a broken man since his spell at Real Madrid ,he is no longer the manager he was .

He is picking the wrong team and playing way to defensive

Can we just pack up and go home? Utter shambles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Kante....KANTE.. walks through.. there is nothing Jose can do about that.. shocking by some individual players here..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I stand by what I said earlier. Not a tactics problem. The players are dreadful.

We can't keep blaming the tactics and the managers. It's entirely on horrid, horrid performances today, with Smalling and Blind having absolute stinkers....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Men against boys. Roll on January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Smalling at fault for every goal. Should have been pulled at HT

• Advertisement

Dont see us winning it now being honest

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I stand by what I said earlier. Not a tactics problem. The players are dreadful.

We can't keep blaming the tactics and the managers. It's entirely on horrid, horrid performances today, with Smalling and Blind having absolute stinkers....

Yep, have to agree. Chris smalling should have been hooked at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Smalling must've been out last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

We lack quality and look low on confidence. Players like Lingard and Fellaini aren't good enough starting to compete for the top 4. Mkhitaryan could make a big difference to our side if he was firing but he's been injured constantly. Depressing last few weeks but confident Jose will turn it around.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Smalling at fault for every goal. Should have been pulled at HT

One of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »
    At least pogba is capable of winning a game for us he has that ability even tho he has has a quiet half. No point in fellaini been involved when he is tripping over himself and not looking to advance play.

Haven't seen a match winner yet. Fellaini has been better all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fairly sure DDG has a physical problem on the left side of his body. Even some of the saves he has made (e.g., v Coutinho on Monday) his dive has been much different than previous seasons and sees him leading with the wrong hand.
    I kind of recognise it from something I had myself in goal, albeit 37 levels lower in the football pyramid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Only 2 players can come out of this with their heads held high. Herrera and Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Could be 5.4 now if we had O'Shea to come off the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ah come on now. Ferguson romped away with the title with one of the worst Utd teams in the last 20 years.

Its the most expensive squad in the history of football .

Woodward has a lot to answer for too ,with his cheque book spending on grossly overatted marquee players .
    He is like a child in a sweet shop.

Mourinho needs to realise he is managing Utd now and not port or inter. Playing defensive formation, rashford basically playing as a left back in first half and lingard a right back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Everything that happens going forward is so predictable

No fight or hunger in that team today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ah come on now. Ferguson romped away with the title with one of the worst Utd teams in the last 20 years.

Agreed, but relative to the dross that was in the premiership that season they were the best of a poor lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's only October, right guys?

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »

Quite the oversimplification of history....
    Its the most expensive squad in the history of football .

Woodward has a lot to answer for too ,with his cheque book spending on grossly overatted marquee players .
    He is like a child in a sweet shop.

Woody got the players LVG wanted. Jose will want to cycle most of them out, n build his own team, and Woody looks capable of giving him whatever he wants. But I becomes very obvious today that the damage from previous Windows wasn't fixed in one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quandary wrote: »
    Agreed, but relative to the dross that was in the premiership that season they were the best of a poor lot.

Still is a poor lot.

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's only October, right guys?

Yes and Utd are still playing the same rubbish they have been for the last 3 seasons despite an investment of a ridiculous amount of money and 3 different managers.

Be afraid ,be very afraid

Fairly sure DDG has a physical problem on the left side of his body. Even some of the saves he has made (e.g., v Coutinho on Monday) his dive has been much different than previous seasons and sees him leading with the wrong hand.
    I kind of recognise it from something I had myself in goal, albeit 37 levels lower in the football pyramid.

Nah sure he was the exact same for the save from the Mata free kick against Chelsea which was was in his 2nd year I think.. you see it with a lot of Spanish/Latino keepers.. they lead with the opposite hand to what we would be brought up on over here/in terms UK.

Where is Luke shaw today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Embarrassing, there's a direct correlation between spending money and poor performances, well done Ed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Depressing stuff. Some terrible defensive mistakes cost us dearly.

Embarrassing, there's a direct correlation between spending money and poor performances, well done Ed.

:pac: Ed Woodward is to blame for United losing 4-0 to Chelsea

****in hell you couldn't make it up :pac:

bangkok wrote: »
    Where is Luke shaw today?

He travelled with the team to London but he was left out of the squad.
    Mourinho is foolishly trying to teach him a lesson like Mkhitaryan.

Some joke...

United fans are class, supporting the team until the very end

Or it could be that he looked very tired toward the end of playing 90 mins on Thursday night and he was brought as a precaution just in case there was any injuries in the build up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just seeing the score now, Man Utd will never die, but gods damn we do know how to suffer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

What did he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

A managers jobs involves an awful lot more than tactics. A good manager will get more out of his team than he should, installing a good work ethic. This manager is now in his second season of a downward trend. He simply is not getting anything near what he should get out of the players let alone more. The orgasm's around here when we unfortunately hired him must be well and truly dried up. How many players are playing out of their skin for him ? Very few I would say , he is therefore failing in his job. Pogba not doing the business, Rashford is not the same player. Others have also regressed. A fcking mess...mid table mediocrity is what we are watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How's this for a starting 11 for City game who have not being either consistently underwhelming or have not got a fair chance so far this season.

Could not do any worse than today's side.

De Gea
    Valencia Bailly Carrick Young

Mata Schneiderlin Herrera Rashford
    Mickey T
    Martial.

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    A managers jobs involves an awful lot more than tactics. A good manager will get more out of his team than he should. This manager is now in his second season of a downward trend. He simply is not getting anything near what he should get out of the players let alone more. The orgasm's around here when we unfortunately hired him must be well and truly dried up. How many players are playing out of their skin for him ? Very few I would say , he is therefore failing in his job. Pogba not doing the business, Rashford is not the same player. Others have also regressed. A fcking mess...mid table mediocrity is what we are watching.

United have been a shambles for the last 4 years, he needs time. Kloop wasn't pulling up any trees when he was just hired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Depends how much of a knock Bailly took. Rooney will start Wednesday, jaysus this really has been a hard run of games in quick succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thank Christ thats over

edgecutter wrote: »
    United have been a shambles for the last 4 years, he needs time. Kloop wasn't pulling up any trees when he was just hired.

Klopp's record, iirc, in his first few months was identical to Rodger's in his last few.

The reality is there's still a lot of rebuilding to do, including getting Mkhi back into the team.

But today...disgraceful from every. single. player. Just a joke from top to bottom. Our defence was a ****ing shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

They really are obsessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Hammered by City and Chelsea already this season and it's only October. What is wrong with us???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That should put an abrupt stop to the hubris in here.

What can you say? The defence has been inept and that is being polite.

However, Chelsea got at us so easily with quick passing and we simply couldn't handle it. Our style is so easy to defend and once we lose the ball teams just hit us on the break. We need a big change for Wednesday and hopefully we start to see something resembling our best 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Rojo, Valencia and Mata were decent rubbish from everyone else including the manager.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement