Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't get what people see in Herrera to laud praise on him. Couldn't track Kante back for that goal, gave ball away plenty. Fair enough he's not as bad as some others, but he's nowhere near good enough at the same point.

• I did my best lads, but fighting a losing battle :/

Time for a few scoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We need to accept hat some players just aren't at the level we need. They might do a job this week, but be horrible the next. Fellaini, Blind, Lingard, Valencia - all have huge flaws that are okay in isolation but problematic when paired with each other. We can't be relying on Rashford and Martial, but if you are going to, play them up front.

We need to move away from players playing out of position. Fullbacks that aren't actually fullbacks, number 10s out right, strikers out left, attacking midfielders being asked to sit. Just get back to basics. Everybody in their correct positions and playing in a familiar way. Stick with it. If Shaw makes a mistake, it's fine he's learning.

Also think Ibra needs a rest. Hasn't been at the races for weeks and is offering no threat up there. That one stung but we have easier days ahead that we can build some confidence and move forward from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It was fairly clear from the starting 11 that we were going to get nothing from that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

astradave wrote: »
    :pac: Ed Woodward is to blame for United losing 4-0 to Chelsea

****in hell you couldn't make it up :pac:

Thats not what I said at all ,you have completly misconstrued what was said.

So you think the club and Woodward have bought well over the last few years do you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

titan18 wrote: »
    I don't get what people see in Herrera to laud praise on him. Couldn't track Kante back for that goal, gave ball away plenty. Fair enough he's not as bad as some others, but he's nowhere near good enough at the same point.

You could say that about the whole team. Herrera was alright today and probably one of the only players that can say he tried (including Valencia).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

So you think the club and Woodward have bought well over the last few years do you ?

No, but it doesn't help when you have different managers over the last 4 years.

Mourinho goin mad at conte after the game, would love to know what he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mourinho is not improving any Man Utd player bar Herrera who was poor today though. Smalling has gone backwards as has Martial,Mkhitaryan,Lingard in particular. Pogba seems to escape any criticism from the manger as well. Poor man management of Shaw who's pace would have been much better suited than Blind for this game.
    But as what happened at Chelsea it will be all the player's fault not the manager. Long may it continue though.
    Valencia is a very good RB but Van Gaal converted him to a RB.

They really are obsessed.

Indeed they are
    edgecutter wrote: »
    United have been a shambles for the last 4 years, he needs time. Kloop wasn't pulling up any trees when he was just hired.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Klopp's record, iirc, in his first few months was identical to Rodger's in his last few........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

titan18 wrote: »

Herrera is on par with James McCarthy, and not the good James McCarthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed they are

Ahhh another one.

Welcome to the Manchester United thread.

Some live on here as well. Don't want to break my quote button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Or maybe you could read the post i actually quoted and responded to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Time to ship some of these players out. Utterly embarrassing performances from most.

Going 442 with Pogba and Herrera was a horrible idea but at the same time you can't negate for the standard of defending today. Smalling was awful and Blind was horrendous (no surprise there).

Chelsea wanted it more. First to every ball. More mobile. More aggressive. More everything.

Pogba was appalling again. The fee looks more and more embarrassing as the weeks go on. Nothing new for Utd in the last three years. Huge sums of money spent with not a lot of quality to show for it.

Jose made mistakes today IMO. That 442 decision with the personnel was suicide but really the players should hang their heads. As shambolic a performance as I've seen post Fergie.

Get them out the ****ing door in January and start spending the ****ing money wisely.

Shambolic. Utterly shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mourinho is not improving any Man Utd player bar Herrera who was poor today though. Smalling has gone backwards as has Martial,Mkhitaryan,Lingard in particular. Pogba seems to escape any criticism from the manger as well. Poor man management of Shaw who's pace would have been much better suited than Blind for this game.
    But as what happened at Chelsea it will be all the player's fault not the manager. Long may it continue though.
    Valencia is a very good RB but Van Gaal converted him to a RB.

I'm convinced you don't actually watch united games.

Mkhitaryan probably hasn't played 90 mins of football this season.

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed they are

Yay, internet wars move into the superthreads now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

bangkok wrote: »
    Mourinho goin mad at conte after the game, would love to know what he said
    Rmours on Twitter (I know, I know) that Mourinho was unhappy with Conte playing to the crowd;
    https://twitter.com/FromTStands/status/790237049190289408

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Save us, Schweinsteiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just to point out a couple of differences when you guys reference Klopp...

He came in mid season, no pre season, no signings, no 100m signings. I think he would have deserved a lot more patience, even early in his tenure there was signs that good things were coming, spanked City and Chelsea etc...

Anyway, carry on with the post mortem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

beno619 wrote: »

Why let that get in the way of an agenda...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Euggh that was so disappointing. Jose needs to figure out his best XI pronto!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Very little leadership in that team, big problem I think. We were blessed in the recent past having players like Bruce, Robson, Keane, Hughes, Cantona, Schmeichel, Vidic etc. Some of the Utd lads were all smiles and handshakes after that defeat today

Just to point out a couple of differences when you guys reference Klopp...

He came in mid season, no pre season, no signings, no 100m signings. I think he would have deserved a lot more patience, even early in his tenure there was signs that good things were coming, spanked City and Chelsea etc...

Anyway, carry on with the post mortem.

You may as well not bother posting these tbh. It's a reasonable comment, but you can't expect to be taken seriously when you feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I swithced off the telly after the third goal. What happened between Jose and Conte???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

According to Sky Italia, Mou said it's just his opinion, but "u don't wind up crowd at 4-0. You do it at 1-0. It's humiliating."

https://twitter.com/Marcotti/status/790237939938844675

What a baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

J. Marston wrote: »
    Save us, Schweinsteiger.

He was finished before he joined us, move on. Bayern got the sweet end of that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Make no mistake about it folks, our opposition didn't matter. Sunderland would have beaten Utd today with the abysmal level of performances on display. I'd say Conte couldn't believe his luck today.

Smalling ,Bailly, Blind, Pogba and possibly to a lesser extent Fellaini were nothing short of shocking. Even DDG was poor today for that first goal.

When you have nearly half of your team simultaneously all having stinkers you really are fighting a losing battle from the get go.

Nothing more to say about that game. What kind of team does Jose start against City now? A bad loss to City will have the media knives out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

beno619 wrote: »

Yes when fit he is not being picked by Mourinho poor management.
    Why let that get in the way of an agenda...
    No agenda. I think in the modern game Mourinho's tactics & man management of players in no longer working. We will see in the next few years whether this is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I swithced off the telly after the third goal.

More than a little ironic, given your username.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Rmours on Twitter (I know, I know) that Mourinho was unhappy with Conte playing to the crowd;
    https://twitter.com/FromTStands/status/790237049190289408

Hope he asked him how to get a performance out of Pogba.

Yes when fit he is not being picked by Mourinho poor management.

No agenda. I think in the modern game Mourinho's tactics & man management of players in no longer working. We will see in the next few years whether this is the case.

It worked 18 months ago. Modern game my arse.

Quandary wrote: »

Nothing more to say about that game. What kind of team does Jose start against City now? A bad loss to City will have the media knives out.

Drop Pogba for a start.

He offers little or nothing against any half decent side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm sorry but what am I meant to be seeing from this team that Van Gaal wasn't doing ?

Jose needs to get tougher. These players are absolutely disgraceful. Clearly culling a World Cup winner and one of the best CMs of the last seven years didn't send the message.

Has my full support to cull further in January

I swithced off the telly after the third goal. What happened between Jose and Conte???

We actually created a couple of chances, but there's not a lot you can learn from it when you are 4 down.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm sorry but what am I meant to be seeing from this team that Van Gaal wasn't doing ?

Jose needs to get tougher. These players are absolutely disgraceful. Clearly culling a World Cup winner and one of the best CMs of the last seven years didn't send the message.

Same. This core group of players has been there for 3 or 4 years and can't get a consistent level of performance together under 3 different managers. They either shape up soon or replace them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No agenda.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Schweinsteiger is finished. End of. If he was capable of doing a top job in midfield he'd still be at Bayern instead of Vidal.

****ing joke starting fellaini over carrick. Carrick must be sitting there looking at him thinking wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Is Schneiderlin injured too? 1 game all season

They really are obsessed.

2 and a half solid pages of piss taking on the 'pool thread alone let alone the ABU group **** on the match thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think he hasn't been the same manager since his last season at Real Madrid where he lost the dressing room .
    His treatment of Casillas was the rod that broke his back ,the dressing room split on him and he became a very bitter man .

He was always a bad loser and a bit bitter but during that final season in Spain he became a raving lunatic isolating himself from almost everyone at the club.
    Supposedly according to Marca at the end of his time there only 4 players in the dressing room had any affinity towards him .
    A hard core of Casillas,Ramos,Higuain and eventually his own countrymen Pepe and Ronaldo turned on him.

For a manager who perpetrates the notion that his players are devoted to him and will follow him into battle ,his end in Madrid was the exact opposite of that.

Indeed his second season at Chelsea had all the similar hallmarks of his final season in Madrid, a split dressing room ,players not wanting to play for him and Mourinho publicly criticising his players.

His spell at Utd has already been ugly ,he openly criticised certain players ,has frozen out others, and he is already airing his refereeing conspiracies.

I think he is a busted flush and his best days are behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Schwiiing wrote: »
    2 and a half solid pages of piss taking on the 'pool thread alone let alone the ABU group **** on the match thread.

Sufferin' Christ. What is wrong with you?

If a team I support was absolutely slaughtered, the last thing I'm going to do is pop into a rival's thread and see them having a hearty laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Best now too fully concentrate on trying to win the EL. It's our only hopeful route in getting back into the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bangkok wrote: »
    ****ing joke starting fellaini over carrick. Carrick must be sitting there looking at him thinking wtf

I'd argue Schneiderlan has more reason to be aggrieved.

This was one of the best midfielders in the league for two seasons abounto cement his place in the French team. Gets a deserved move to a big club who have basically stalled his career

For his sake hop he forces a move in January. Two managers looking absolutely clueless how to use him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger is finished. End of. If he was capable of doing a top job in midfield he'd still be at Bayern instead of Vidal.

Maybe he's finished at that level but surly he could do a job in the at this level.(not to sound distressful, I just mean not champions league)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

@DTguardian: Mourinho says Eric Bailly has "bad injury - his knee, ligament area - he feels it is really bad."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The "how long will José get at Utd" thread, some people on this forum are really just :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Yes some not good enough but playing Rashford and Lingard as full backs is his problem and not the players.
    Doesn't seem to have all the players backing him its only October, needs to sort his ****e out and quick or he could be dead man walking

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The "how long will José get at Utd" thread, some people on this forum are really just :rolleyes:

3 threads full of The Obsessed now live. Sad. I reckon the 'pool fans cant hack the thin air near the top.

His spell at Utd has already been ugly ,he openly criticised certain players ,has frozen out others, and he is already airing his refereeing conspiracies.

How do you feel about Pep & Klopp doing the same ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement