Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I remember speaking out on the old thread early into his tenure about how I felt he was mistreating Schweinsteiger.

Well that feeling remains, and has (more worringly) extended to Shaw and Schneiderlin too (maybe even Miki if the rumours are true).

Why does he always feel the need to ostracise players within the squad?

As things stand, the only thing he shall be remembered for is his phasing out of Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Well that feeling remains, and has (more worringly) extended to Shaw and Schneiderlin too (maybe even Miki if the rumours are true).

Whats the conspiracy around Miki ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

beno619 wrote: »
    How do you feel about Pep & Klopp doing the same ?

Ah but if the 2 mentioned criticize, they get a free pass, but if José does it, everyone's sharpening their knives.. The double standards really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

During the game though Blind was having a mare and having seen the relays and analysis that is all On Smalling. Three goals he was horrendous for.

And feel same as realtime he totally failed to deal with that first goal. Don't know where the Blind critique came from on that unless people take Neville as gospel. Put his foot through it and crisis averted.

The brainfart performance from Smalling you fear is never too far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The "how long will Jos get at Utd" thread, some people on this forum are really just :rolleyes:

3 threads full of The Obsessed now live. Sad. I reckon the 'pool fans cant hack the thin air near the top.

I don't really understand this comment, united haven't been a top team for along time now either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I don't really understand this comment, united haven't been a top team for along time now either.

The Liverpool thread, the match thread and that Jose thread are full of Liverpool City and Arsenal fans sticking the knife in. Interesting that absolutley NONE of them were in the Fenerbache thread.

Ah but if the 2 mentioned criticize, they get a free pass, but if José does it, everyone's sharpening their knives.. The double standards really....

And freezing out players who dont suite their system.

Jose has given every first team player minutes this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd argue Schneiderlan has more reason to be aggrieved.

This was one of the best midfielders in the league for two seasons abounto cement his place in the French team. Gets a deserved move to a big club who have basically stalled his career

For his sake hop he forces a move in January. Two managers looking absolutely clueless how to use him.

Carrick is still our best passer and we play well when he plays. 10 years at the top level with us. 2 starts this season as well 2 motm performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Oh dear, I have seen this before.

Bailly has played very well in the first quarter of the season. He will be out for a while but in the meantime his good performances will have turned into Paolo Maldini on Steroids and everything will be ok once Bailly comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Yeah but we remember what it's like to win leagues and stuff, we know what that thin air is like.

The Liverpool thread, the match thread and that Jose thread are full of Liverpool City and Arsenal fans sticking the knife in. Interesting that absolutley NONE of them were in the Fenerbache thread.

Fair enough but united fans do the same, all part of the bantz

Yeah but we remember what it's like to win leagues and stuff, we know what that thin air is like.

Yep soon you'll be giving the history lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And freezing out players who dont suite their system.

Jose has given every first team player minutes this season.

Again, double standards, Guardiola & Klopp are portrayed as saints who can't do wrong, but José = The Devil Incarnate..

Never, ever, has there been 3 full pages of 'bantz' in here after a Liverpool/Arsenal/City loss. Neither have we ever had 3 threads running live with it either. We simply don't really care that much. Maybe the odd few passing comments like after the Barca match the other night but nothing the current scale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Again, double standards, Guardiola & Klopp are portrayed as saints who can't do wrong, but José = The Devil Incarnate..

When Klopp and Pep try and do things like shove their finger in the eye of a fellow professional when he has his back turned, then they will get slaughtered as well.

When Klopp and Pep start threatening ball-boys, then they will get slaughtered as well.

Never, ever, has there been 3 full pages of 'bantz' in here after a Liverpool/Arsenal/City loss. Neither have we ever had 3 threads running live with it either. We simply don't really care that much. Maybe the odd few passing comments like after the Barca match the other night but nothing the current scale.

I've seen 20 plus pages of threads after a pool loss before kiddo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

How do you feel about Pep & Klopp doing the same ?

I havent seen either of those 2 publicly criticising players ,or airing refereeing conspiracy theories.

Pep has frozen out players in the past ,Yaya Toure and Ibrahimovich being the most notable .
    Klopp has frozen out a good few at Liverpool ,that is true.

I dont like the idea of freezing out players in general ,its a waste of money .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

2 and a half solid pages of piss taking on the 'pool thread alone let alone the ABU group **** on the match thread.

You don't think that this shows your obsession as well?

Do you not slag other teams and supporters after a win?

Yeah but not in the UTD thread ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We're 6 points off top spot, in August I would have taken gladly being 5 or 4 points off top now as a good position in the mix.

It's not the Armageddon some are trying to sell, but we have obviously got to improve.

murpho999 wrote: »
    You don't think that this shows your obsession as well?

Do you not slag other teams and supporters after a win?

Rarely. Last time I can remember was 1 comment after Liverpool lost the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

You've been predictable for years.

When Klopp and Pep try and do things like shove their finger in the eye of a fellow professional when he has his back turned, then they will get slaughtered as well.

When Klopp and Pep start threatening ball-boys, they they will get slaughtered as well.

That's all good and well.

I was responding to a post about Jose apparently freezing out players and being critic of players in interview.

Try and stay on topic.

We're 6 points off top spot, in August I would have taken gladly being 5 or 4 points off top now as a good position in the mix.

It's not the Armageddon some are trying to sell, but we have obviously got to improve.

Honest question but didn't Moyes have a similar points off the top ratio at this time of year ?

Double post

I havent seen either of those 2 publicly criticising players ,or airing refereeing conspiracy theories.

I haven't seen Jose do it at United either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

its easier to just to ignore the obsessives ,they get a kick out of United losing its a sad state of affairs but what else have they got ?

Honest question but didn't Moyes have a similar points off the top ratio at this time of year ?

Yep probably.

Didnt Klopp have a similar points tally to Brendan after taking over last season ?

When you think of our worst games, City battered us in 45 minutes and we won the second half. Watford and Chelsea were a comedy reel of player mistakes.

Either the players will stop making the mistakes or Mourinho will sell them, I'm content with our position at the moment. If we're this far off the pace in February I'll start to worry but it's far too early to throw toys out of the pram.

• Advertisement

When you think of our worst games, City battered us in 45 minutes and we won the second half. Watford and Chelsea were a comedy reel of player mistakes.

Either the players will stop making the mistakes or Mourinho will sell them, I'm content with our position at the moment. If we're this far off the pace in February I'll start to worry but it's far too early to throw toys out of the pram.

I agree, what do you think about Pogba ?

Im very worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Poor result, but I actually thought we played pretty well for long parts today. One thing we need to take away from this match IMO is to play more through the centre when we counter-attack like Chelsea did - they were impressive. It's all too stationary with us ATM. We need our wingers to make runs either side of Ibra to make space in the centre, something we never did under LVG and something I feel will take time to drill into this squad.

I keep noticing Ibra (although agreed he can do better) always has his back towards goal with the lack of movement and that's unfair on him, just getting **** service.

Also, Valencia has been my player of the season for us so far.

Yep probably.

Didnt Klopp have a similar points tally to Brendan after taking over last season ?

Completely different circumstances, but anyway I'm out, people are clearly salty and there's no real objective debating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's like an invasion in here
    Completely different circumstances, but anyway I'm out, people are clearly salty and there's no real objective debating.

I nearly choked on my tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Headshot wrote: »
    It's like an invasion in here

I nearly choked on my tea

The wider the gap the more they come. Hopefully it closes up soon and eventually the gap is the other side :pac:

Sorry. José is a busted flush after 9 games.

Is that the objective response you were looking for ?

Im very worried.

Pogba will be ok, just can't play in the team with fellaini, he offers nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

daDhn5m.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Awful performance today. I'm sure it's been answered umpteen times, but where is Schneiderlin?

• Advertisement

Im very worried.

He played 2 3/4 games in the last 6 days, we need to start fielding significantly weaker teams in the Europa league, a competition I'd put just slightly higher than the league cup on my list of priorities. If it's going to effect our league form we need to scrap it completely.

I think we need a settled midfield also, it's hard to pin point where exactly Fellaini plays because sometimes he is up front and others just ahead of the back 4. This can't be helping Pogba, he was allowed roam free at Juventus with a solid midfield behind him usually.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Real talk:
    how are united going to turn this funk around? This isn't a once off as far as i can see, its been a slump for the past month and a half with this result being the cap of it. If its a personnel problem I think thats absolutely shocking after spending so much over the past 3 years or so. Pogba will come good I feel, but aside from that there seems to be a lot of deadwood floating about. I feel sorry for Herrera who seems to be a really good player but has to put up with a wild and sloppy fellaini and a pogba with his head in the clouds. Smalling has been much lauded since Rio & Vidic left but Im just not seeing it. Hes slightly better than he was but that still just equates to above average but somehow hes making first team after first team and despite all the money thats been spent he hasn't been replaced. How does united get the confidence back and get the goals back? What would you guys change?

bangkok wrote: »

Fellaini was better than him today and his been most of the season.

I'm sure he'll be okay, but £90M should deliver more than okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utter bollox.

Pogba has been piss poor since arriving and is making a mockery of the fee the club paid for him. Even discounting the fee he's been very poor and has no one to blame but himself.

Blaming Fellaini for it, even from you is laughable.

You aren't even trying anymore. How about turning over a new leaf and become a serious poster here?

2 posts per page is it? Didn't realise that was a setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

adox wrote: »
    Utter bollox.

Pogba has been piss poor since arriving and is making a mockery of the feethe club paid for him. Even discounting the fee he's been very poor and had no one to blame but himself.

It's not often that a player walks into a new team and suddenly changes everything. Give it time.

• Advertisement

2 posts per page is it? Didn't realise that was a setting.

You clearly aren't interested in discussing soccer or the match and prefer to have personal jabs so in that case I will no longer be replying to you

adox wrote: »
    Utter bollox.

Pogba has been piss poor since arriving and is making a mockery of the feet he club paid for him. Even discounting the fee he's been very poor and has no one to blame but himself.

Blaming Fellaini for it, even from you is laughable.

You aren't even trying anymore. How about turning over a new leaf and become a serious poster here?

Pogba needs Carrick and Herrera behind him to excel. Where was fellaini even playing today? Seemed to be playing up top at some stages. Left midfield isolated and his passing is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He played 2 3/4 games in the last 6 days, we need to start fielding significantly weaker teams in the Europa league, a competition I'd put just slightly higher than the league cup on my list of priorities. If it's going to effect our league form we need to scrap it completely.

I think we need a settled midfield also, it's hard to pin point where exactly Fellaini plays because sometimes he is up front and others just ahead of the back 4. This can't be helping Pogba, he was allowed roam free at Juventus with a solid midfield behind him usually.

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Notorious wrote: »
    It's not often that a player walks into a new team and suddenly changes everything. Give it time.

There's a big gap between changing everything and being really poor.

I hope with all my heart he's a big success but he's been really poor so far overall IMO.

You can't ignore the fee either, which of course isn't his doing but more a reflection on the club.

Fellaini or schneiderlin need to be alongside de pogba. Id always start at least one of Fellaini and Herrera, only midfielders with a bit of steel we have.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement