Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

yabadabado wrote: »
    its easier to just to ignore the obsessives ,they get a kick out of United losing its a sad state of affairs but what else have they got ?

Its amusing really and people are better just paying them no remarks.

In the match thread you had a City fan multi posting despite being able to only manage one post in the City match thread. The team he supports has only won things because of Uniteds success and because of slave traders money. What he says about anything means less than nothing.

You have a couple of fans of the scouse, some of whom Ive no doubt have never even seen the team they support win a league, is it any wonder they are can only get it up when United lose, its all some of them have ever known.

A few Arsenal fans, meh, they are getting as bad as the scouse.

You have the Oranage lad trying his little heart out in here but at this stage everyone knows his game so its a massive case of smile and nod.

Let the babies have their bottle.

Today was truly dismal, as bad as anything from the last 3 seasons but its not the end of the world.

There is no gulf between our current position and where we are aiming for.

We have some brilliant players in the team.

We have a world class manager at the helm.

Its been a bumpy ride so far, bumpier than I had anticipated but thats not the end of the world.

As someone mentioned, if we are playing this badly next Spring then we will be in difficulties but at the moment, there is no need to push the panic button yet.

Its a disappointing result but we went one down after 30 seconds due to individual errors, the manager cannot be blamed for that.

Likewise the second goal.

When that happens the game plan goes out the window.

Shyt happens but we move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    Pogba needs Carrick and Herrera behind him to excel. Where was fellaini even playing today? Seemed to be playing up top at some stages. Left midfield isolated and his passing is terrible

He was obviously pushed further forward from the kick off by Jose. Saying he was poor today(who wasn't) no way supports your nonsense post.

His passing isn't terrible either. It's just another figment of your imagination.
    What proof have you that Pogba needs Carrick and Herrera behind him to excel?

There was zero excuse for him and Herrera standing like statues as a player strolled past them. That just laziness and lack of application no matter what type of player you are.

I think Pogba is getting a bit of a free ride with most Utd fans.

So anyway still waiting for you to explain why it's Fellainis fault that Pogba has been so poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    He was obviously pushed further forward from the kick off by Jose. Saying he was poor today(who wasn't) no way supports your nonsense post.

His passing isn't terrible either. It's just another figment of your imagination.
    What proof have you that Pogba needs Carrick and Herrera behind him to excel?

There was zero excuse for him and Herrera standing like statues as a player strolled past them. That just laziness and lack of application no matter what type of player you are.

I think Pogba is getting a bit of a free ride with most Utd fans.

So anyway still waiting for you to explain why it's Fellainis fault that Pogba has been so poor.

Because that's where he excelled at Juve with 2 players behind him and pirlo doing all the forward passing. Carrick is perfect for the role.

Also pogba is only 23 and coming to a new league, he is about 10 games into his United career. He was signed for the long term. Fellaini is in his 4th season now at United and has been poor IMO for the majority of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Notorious wrote: »
    It's not often that a player walks into a new team and suddenly changes everything. Give it time.

Is he supposed to change everything though ?

I'd be happy if he pulled his own weight for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Pogba needs Carrick and Herrera behind him to excel. Where was fellaini even playing today? Seemed to be playing up top at some stages. Left midfield isolated and his passing is terrible

Under instruction from his manager no ?

He had that platform on Monday and did sweet **** all while Ander and Fellaini were excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fans sounded immense today. Thought it was fair enough from Conte asking his own fans why they weren't matching his teams excellent performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Also pogba is only 23 and coming to a new league,

Paul ****ing Pogba has 130 senior club appearances, 42 full international appearances, played in Champions league and European cup finals and has won 4 serie A titles and 2 Italian cups.

We aren't talking some 18 year old here, he has been ****e and for 90 million we should be expecting a hell of a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Oranage2 wrote: »
    You clearly aren't interested in discussing soccer or the match and prefer to have personal jabs so in that case I will no longer be replying to you

When was it so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Fans sounded immense today. Thought it was fair enough from Conte asking his own fans why they weren't matching his teams excellent performance.

TBH I think Jose was trying to deflect from the performance when he did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

beno619 wrote: »
    Is he supposed to change everything though ?

I'd be happy if he pulled his own weight for a start.

Well he has been **** a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just watching Madrid here

What our team would be like with Toni Kroos. Simply the best CM in the world bar none. Literally none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think he hasn't been the same manager since his last season at Real Madrid where he lost the dressing room .
    His treatment of Casillas was the rod that broke his back ,the dressing room split on him and he became a very bitter man .

He was always a bad loser and a bit bitter but during that final season in Spain he became a raving lunatic isolating himself from almost everyone at the club.
    Supposedly according to Marca at the end of his time there only 4 players in the dressing room had any affinity towards him .
    A hard core of Casillas,Ramos,Higuain and eventually his own countrymen Pepe and Ronaldo turned on him.

For a manager who perpetrates the notion that his players are devoted to him and will follow him into battle ,his end in Madrid was the exact opposite of that.

Indeed his second season at Chelsea had all the similar hallmarks of his final season in Madrid, a split dressing room ,players not wanting to play for him and Mourinho publicly criticising his players.

His spell at Utd has already been ugly ,he openly criticised certain players ,has frozen out others, and he is already airing his refereeing conspiracies.

I think he is a busted flush and his best days are behind him.

That's a strong opinion, but it must be said that Utd thus far don't look anything like Chelsea did when he returned in 2013. I bet he's feeling a lot of pressure. Not sure I'd write him off so declaratively, but it's beginning to look possible that the magic is gone.

Paul ****ing Pogba has 130 senior club appearances, 42 full international appearances, played in Champions league and European cup finals and has won 4 serie A titles and 2 Italian cups.

We aren't talking some 18 year old here, he has been ****e and for 90 million we should be expecting a hell of a lot more.

Doesn't matter what he has, he is still new to the toughest league in the world, he's not going to be a world beater overnight and it's not his fault United paid 90m for him.

Just look at ozil when he arrived at arsenal and look at him now, it takes time. Pogba is a world class player there is no doubt about it

Doesn't matter what he has, he is still new to the toughest league in the world, he's not going to be a world beater overnight and it's not his fault United paid 90m for him.

There is quite a scale between the scutter he is serving up now and being a world beater, for our 90 million I would expect him to be a lot further along on that scale than he is. I don't think that is asking too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just look at ozil when he arrived at arsenal and look at him now, it takes time. Pogba is a world class player there is no doubt about it

There is lots of doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Also doesn't help the CM options we have to back him up. Pogba is the kind of player you build around and will probably take another summer transfer window to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just watching Madrid here

What our team would be like with Toni Kroos. Simply the best CM in the world bar none. Literally none

Modric is easily a better player then kroos is. He's had a good game tonight but he's so overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That's a strong opinion, but it must be said that Utd thus far don't look anything like Chelsea did when he returned in 2013. I bet he's feeling a lot of pressure. Not sure I'd write him off so declaratively, but it's beginning to look possible that the magic is gone.

It's just so early and knee jerky for these opinions. It also exonerates the performances the players who are now fighting for their own futures at the club. I am happy to support Jose to do whatever it takes to make this work. I also don't think it's nearly as bad as everyone is making out.

I also don't think it's nearly as bad as everyone is making out.

Indeed, today was utter ****e but there has been an improvement in our play this season, what we have seen so far is simply not the same as our play in the Van Gaal era. There is a long way to go but we are better off, no question about it.

Big decisions to be made though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's just so early and knee jerky for these opinions. It also exonerates the performances the players who are now fighting for their own futures at the club. I am happy to support Jose to do whatever it takes to make this work. I also don't think it's nearly as bad as everyone is making out.

I completely agree that it's too early to be making firm judgements (as I said above). We'll know an awful lot more by early January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Surely with the players being so terrible it is time for Jose to give it a shakeup.

Ibra is totally off the boil, time to give Martial a few games up front.

Bring MickyR and Memphis back in and give them a run of games on the wings. Morgan and Carrick in the centre with Herrara, and depending on Bailly injury I'd be dropping Smalling again and giving Rojo/Blind a run out. Hell, give Shaw and Darmian a few games as well.

Whatever Jose is trying to do it shows no signs of working and the players are not doing the business.

None of the players mentioned could give a worse display then what was served up today, and if you are being honest we haven't played well all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hard to see how our season is going to pan out in any positive manner now.

Jose has no idea what his best eleven is, there's no balance in the side, Rooney has dropped off completely in terms of form, Zlatan is not capable of leading the line alone in the premier league, Martial not getting much of a look in, Rashford being played out of position, then we can move on to the disjointed midfield, the confused looking Paul Pogba and our best defender possibly missing the rest of the season through injury...(takes deep breath)

We need a serious performance on Wednesday night which is hard to imagine happening right now, but beat city and we may just be able to cobble some belief and momentum together and finally get our season off the ground.

The chickens have really come home to roost post Fergie. Moyes was a bad appointment which cost us the ability to sign top players who want to play for top coaches and we've essentially been paying the price for that decision ever since, with LVG's philosophy turning us into upper mid table grinders and leaving the United managers position a complete poison chalice.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Surely with the players being so terrible it is time for Jose to give it a shakeup.

Bring MickyR and Memphis back in and give them a run of games on the wings. Morgan and Carrick in the centre with Herrara, and depending on Bailly injury I'd be dropping Smalling again and giving Rojo/Blind a run out. Hell, give Shaw and Darmian a few games as well.

Whatever Jose is trying to do it shows no signs of working and the players are not doing the business.

None of the players mentioned could give a worse display then what was served up today, and if you are being honest we haven't played well all season.
    Rojo....... not sure if serious???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's stupid for anyone to make up their mind about Mourinho yet.

A couple of things strike me though, and you need to look at Mourinho's greatest achievements, and arguably greatest teams, to get hints of what might be wrong.

Porto - Baia, Costa, Carvalho, Costinha, Maniche, Deco, Derlei.
    Chelsea - Cech, Carvalho, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Drogba.
    Inter - Cesar, Samuel, Lucio, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Eto'o, Milito.

I don't know what Mourinho looks for in the spine of his team anymore, but I know it's vital to him, and always has been. Solid, trustworthy partnerships all along that spine, with no shortage of talent.

As Mourinho went through preseason just this past summer, it was clear that that's what he was at least trying to buy in.

Bailly, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic. He already had De Gea, so no need for a keeper.

And a quick analysis, I think, shows what might be amiss. And it's not difficult.

Bailly has been fine. He started the season like a beast, but has simply been fine for the most part. The fact he's regressed slightly probably says more about the likes of Smalling and Blind than anything else.

The rest of those buys, in different ways, aren't providing what he needs. They're not providing the base his previous best teams did.

Firstly, Pogba has underperformed horribly, not helped by the fact Mourinho doesn't seem to know where to play him, and not helped by spending the opening part of the season trying to fit he and Rooney in his best team. Which proved impossible.

Secondly, Mkhitaryan simply hasn't been fit. So we can't judge him. He doesn't trust Mata really. Rooney continues to be poor. So that's a key position not taken care of.

Thirdly, Ibrahimovic, while he had a decent conversion rate on his chances up until a couple of games ago, in reality, isn't offering much in open play. Certainly not what he used to (perhaps unsurprisingly tbh).

The partnerships he needs to trust aren't working. The players he bought aren't clicking like he's needed them to. Those players weren't just bought as decoration. They were meant to form the core of his new juggernaut. It's how he's always worked. Strong spine; build the rest around it.

Mourinho is finding out that there are more issues with this team than he might have originally imagined. Smalling seems to be regressing. Blind isn't really good enough. Fellaini, while willing, and a decent destroyer and nuisance, is limited. So those he'd been left by previous regimes aren't ideal. The recruitment policy is being slightly exposed.

Now also, he's not trusting players he probably should be. The likes of Mata, Martial, Herrera, Schneiderlin should be treated better IMO (though Herrera seems to be becoming more central to the team lately). Also, is Shaw permanently on the naughty list? So Mourinho is making mistakes.

But the bottom line is he just hasn't figured out how his best team looks, while there are also a few players who need shifting. It's a massive job. He really needs to be ruthless and get it done. That's the big test as to whether he's lost his touch, because the old José would take no prisoners.

Mourinho may well have lost his touch; we won't know for a while yet though. Anyone writing his career obituary could easily look foolish in a few weeks or months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's stupid for anyone to make up their mind about Mourinho yet.

A couple of things strike me though, and you need to look at Mourinho's greatest achievements, and arguably greatest teams, to get hints of what might be wrong.

Porto - Baia, Costa, Carvalho, Costinha, Maniche, Deco, Derlei.
    Chelsea - Cech, Carvalho, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Drogba.
    Inter - Cesar, Samuel, Lucio, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Eto'o, Milito.

I don't know what Mourinho looks for in the spine of his team anymore, but I know it's vital to him, and always has been. Solid, trustworthy partnerships all along that spine, with no shortage of talent.

As Mourinho went through preseason just this past summer, it was clear that that's what he was at least trying to buy in.

Bailly, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic. He already had De Gea, so no need for a keeper.

And a quick analysis, I think, shows what might be amiss. And it's not difficult.

Bailly has been fine. He started the season like a beast, but has simply been fine for the most part. The fact he's regressed slightly probably says more about the likes of Smalling and Blind than anything else.

The rest of those buys, in different ways, aren't providing what he needs. They're not providing the base his previous best teams did.

Firstly, Pogba has underperformed horribly, not helped by the fact Mourinho doesn't seem to know where to play him, and not helped by spending the opening part of the season trying to fit he and Rooney in his best team. Which proved impossible.

Secondly, Mkhitaryan simply hasn't been fit. So we can't judge him. He doesn't trust Mata really. Rooney continues to be poor. So that's a key position not taken care of.

Thirdly, Ibrahimovic, while he had a decent conversion rate on his chances up until a couple of games ago, in reality, isn't offering much in open play. Certainly not what he used to (perhaps unsurprisingly tbh).

The partnerships he needs to trust aren't working. The players he bought aren't clicking like he's needed them to. Those players weren't just bought as decoration. They were meant to form the core of his new juggernaut. It's how he's always worked. Strong spine; build the rest around it.

Mourinho is finding out that there are more issues with this team than he might have originally imagined. Smalling seems to be regressing. Blind isn't really good enough. Fellaini, while willing, and a decent destroyer and nuisance, is limited. So those he'd been left by previous regimes aren't ideal. The recruitment policy is being slightly exposed.

Now also, he's not trusting players he probably should be. The likes of Mata, Martial, Herrera, Schneiderlin should be treated better IMO (though Herrera seems to be becoming more central to the team lately). Also, is Shaw permanently on the naughty list? So Mourinho is making mistakes.

But the bottom line is he just hasn't figured out how his best team looks, while there are also a few players who need shifting. It's a massive job. He really needs to be ruthless and get it done. That's the big test as to whether he's lost his touch, because the old José would take no prisoners.

Mourinho may well have lost his touch; we won't know for a while yet though. Anyone writing his career obituary could easily look foolish in a few weeks or months.

Can't argue with most of that Ric, good post though I'd somewhat disagree with your assessment of Bailly, he has been IMO, our consistently best player all season.

With his price tag Pogba will continue to play, for the time being at least, so Jose has to work out the best combination to play to his strengths.

I would like to see Morgan get a shot.

Shaw and Mikhi both have to come back into the team too.

Robson99 wrote: »

Rojo....... not sure if serious???

Why not? Give the man a run of games rather than expecting him to perform when dropped in and out.

I agree he has looked poor, but Smalling? Really? Blind? Come on.

Jose doesn't know his best 11, the ones he thought were good aren't performing so might as well try the others as window doesn't open till Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Why not? Give the man a run of games rather than expecting him to perform when dropped in and out.

Jose doesn't know his best 11, the ones he thought were good aren't performing so might as well try the others as window doesn't open till Jan

Rojo is an accident waiting to happen. I've not seen him have a good game either as a starter as a substitute going back to his first few weeks with us. Blind was poor but still would rather him and Bailly and despite his performance today id rather Smalling too.

In fairness id rather see Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe get some game time in the league cup or Europa League. We need to reinforce that position in January though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Oh dear god.

Didn't see the game due to celebrating Leinster losing but wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Korat wrote: »
    Oh dear god.

Didn't see the game due to celebrating Leinster losing but wtf?

Smalling turned into John Stones,Pogba and Herrera were drinking cans before the game, Zlatan stayed in the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Any more news on baily, hopefully not ligaments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Very depressing performance and result.. it's one step forward, 10 back since SAF left.

You would have to wonder what's next... we need to start winning and winning fast don't the top 5 pull away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

We're 6 points off top spot, in August I would have taken gladly being 5 or 4 points off top now as a good position in the mix.

It's not the Armageddon some are trying to sell, but we have obviously got to improve.

6 points off at the end of October, if the trend continues - probably mid table by May.

There is quite a scale between the scutter he is serving up now and being a world beater, for our 90 million I would expect him to be a lot further along on that scale than he is. I don't think that is asking too much.

Again, he didn't decide he was worth 90m. He missed the entire pre season and we are only 9 games into the new season with a new manager at the club as well that doesn't know his best starting 11.

Pogba is class and will prove all the doubters wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I don't think Rojo should ever play for United again to be honest. Smalling and Blind are far better players than he is.

• I don't think Rojo should ever play for United again to be honest. Smalling and Blind are far better players than he is.

Agree

Rojo is awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Shaw,Carrick/Schneiderlin and MickyR need to come into the team.I really think those players will add a much better balance to the side.

Jose doesnt seem to know his best team/formation yet and and some of his players not performing doesn't help.I'm sure when he bought the 4 lads in the summer he expected them to be hitting the ground running and for several reasons that hasn't worked out so far.

6 points off leaders but United havent look like a team yet at all,hopefully it clicks soon and the points start to come.

• As if today couldn't get any worse

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/790252543943249920

Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

yabadabado wrote: »
    Shaw,Carrick/Schneiderlin and MickyR need to come into the team.I really think those players will add a much better balance to the side.

Jose doesnt seem to know his best team/formation yet and and some of his players not performing doesn't help.I'm sure when he bought the 4 lads in the summer he expected them to be hitting the ground running and for several reasons that hasn't worked out so far.

6 points off leaders but United havent look like a team yet at all,hopefully it clicks soon and the points start to come.

Taking all this into account :6 points off with 1/4 of league played... would mean 24 off top of table in May. Mid table mediocrity. He is not getting anything out of the players, playing some out of position, many players have regressed. Terrible decision to give him the gig. Hard not to see it ending in tears... yet again.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He does look like he is under pressure,Ive rarely seem him looking as angry as on the sideline today .He was raging .

I dont want to write him off yet ,I'm hoping that he can turn it around ,the club badly needs to turn things around but Mourinhno doesnt seem to have that same air of confidence or manner he used to .

I dont remember him publicly criticising his own players at Chelsea on his first stint or at Inter Milan or certainly not a few months into the job.
    He'd even laugh off Balotellis gaffs ,he seemed a more relaxed person then.
    At the press conference after the match today he basically threw Smalling and Blind without saying it directly - under the bus so to speak for the entire performance.

He became more and more cynical during his stint at Real Madrid ,his determination to get the better of Barcelona seemed to create a monster within him ,one who crossed the line .

From eye gouging opponents,attacking referees in car parks ,etc he almost became a parody of himself .

He has a huge job on his hands to get the best out of the current squad .
    Despite ridiculous amounts of money spent on players over the last 3 years the players look sub standard and the quality of the football being produced is very poor .
    He will have to get the best out of the current players as the club cannot keep spending silly money on players after the clearout Van Gaal oversaw ,when the squad was gutted.

• Advertisement

I'm not arguing that Rojo has been any good, but how much longer do we give Smalling? He has had years years of first team football compared to a few games every now and then for Rojo. Clearly Rojo has failed to play well, but why not give him 5 or 6 consecutive games.

But listen, forget Rojo, I don't care either way, except that Smalling has shown consistently that he is neither a leader of a particularly good CB. Jose should dump the whole lot of them for a few weeks and give the rest of the squad a chance. Morgan, Basti and Herrera, Martial with Memphis and Mickyr up front, Darmian, Shaw, Bailly and Carrick.

These guys need to be given the same chance that the pack of wasters on that pitch yesterday have been given. So far Jose has got it wrong, but I have no issue with that, What I want to see his Jose making the right decisions. 10 games in now and not one of his ideas is working out so time for something else.

Take for example Basti. Don't you think Pogba would gain from having someone of Bati's experience behind him, or even Carrick?

Just to be clear, I am not for a second calling out Jose, I really believe he will get it right, but he also needs to take this 'free' time to workout his best team, to give players a real chance and to mark out those players to move on.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Juergen klopp was the man for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

secman wrote: »
    Taking all this into account :6 points off with 1/4 of league played... would mean 24 off top of table in May. Mid table mediocrity. He is not getting anything out of the players, playing some out of position, many players have regressed. Terrible decision to give him the gig. Hard not to see it ending in tears... yet again.:(

Same could be said for Klopp last season, its amazing what some time and old fashion patience can do for a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Said it before and I'll say it again, Juergen klopp was the man for us

Honestly.......what does this post serve to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

secman wrote: »
    Taking all this into account :6 points off with 1/4 of league played... would mean 24 off top of table in May.

Taking all the rest of the teams into account, it's going to be 3 teams tied for first place with City pipping the other 2 on goal difference. Congrats City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Wasn't Klopp Fergies original "Chosen One", and he turned UTD down. Bet he's glad he did now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looking back at the highlights and bloody hell,Smalling was all over the shop defensively,the goals he was at fault for aside.At one stage he clattered into Bailly when trying to clear a ball that he had no rhyme or reason going near.
    I reckon Jose won't keep him around, there simply seems to be an air of panic when the ball goes near him and his distribution at times would give you a heart attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Wasn't Klopp Fergies original "Chosen One", and he turned UTD down. Bet he's glad he did now.

Why? Surely King Klopp of the Infallibles would have just taken over the reigns from Fergie and swept all before him no?

Honestly.......what does this post serve to do?

Just an opinion on a discussion forum. Is it any different to all the chop choo posts that were posted here for months and months

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently Rashford came runner up in the European Golden Boy awards.
    Renato Sanches won :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement