Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

SlickRic wrote: »
    Instant Gratification Generation.

Many of those praising Klopp now were comparing him to Rodgers last season. Pep is being severely questioned by some despite being top of the fúcking league.

And it's correct to question Pep, he has made some bonkers decisions and no one is above critique.

But it's about not being in the extreme. You don't finish the paragraph questioning Pep with "he's a fraud" as so many seem to do.

Football discussions in general are stupid. It's just a fundamental that has always been there. The "debate" is so fierce, because football fans deal in extremes, and it results in stupidity. For example, people making good, correct questioning about Pep, but then ending with "so he's a fraud" or using the stick about he just inherits great teams and the likes.

This is why I have such interest in the English media and how it works, because it influences such large parts of fan opinion and beliefs, even though fans themselves will say their opinions are their own, you can literally see it happening in front of you when someone turns into basically a copy of the Sun. And I don't exclude myself from that entirely, but definitly don't think I'm as bad as some

If Mourinho can't get United back on the right track we are in big trouble. He is the best in the business, the likes of Pochettino and Klopp would fail miserably here if Mourinho does.

Would they? I think it's apparent we can't cast any judgements on managers for United until they actually sit in the seat. It's crushed two managers and who knows how Mourinho will fare.

Pochettino was trying to buy Schneiderlan this summer, seemingly seriously trying to buy him. And Mourinho said no, he's part of our team. So Pochettino sees something in him (essentially what Wanyama is doing for them and doing well) yet Mourinho wanted to keep, yet isn't using.

Klopp and Pochetino are two distinctly different types of managers to what we have now, and had before in Van Gaal. Is this maybe one of those trends we see ride a wave in football for a period that we are missing out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I've no issue with Conte yesterday and tbh I find it a bit strange that a lot of people have taken umbrage with it.

It was a very good win against one if the top 4/title rivals, nothing wrong with geeing up the crowd IMO.

Jose should and likely will be given time, even if we finish outside the top 4 this season.

If that happens I will be massively disappointed but I am also a realist.

I'm sure many, myself included if I'm honest, thought he would come in and get us back on track straight away.

As evidenced yesterday there is a massive rebuilding to be done. People can bang on about the most expensive team ever assembled but that's simply lazy, Paddy Power style analysis because the truth of the matter is that only 4 of that team are Jose's players and Mikhi has barely featured.

When people are calling for Carrick at 35 to be a starter then you know your MF is fairly light.

Ibra is playing far too deep most of the time meaning that he is playing balls forward into positions that he should be occupying himself, that cannot continue.

Tony M has been out of sorts and he played a lot of games last year so he is rightly being minded a bit.

Rashers is playing a lot too and will have to take a break because he is still only a kid.

Squad wise we are still light in a couple of key areas, up front, CM and centre half.

Its going to be a big job but I still genuinely believe that Jose is the man to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

no leaders no warriors that is our problem imo
    ive seen enough from our youngish team to be fairly optimistic about our future but until we have that steel and leadership from someone on the pitch results like yesterday will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Carpentry wrote: »
    Its not mine or Conte's fault that you are a laughing stock of the football world now.

Protest before the derby on Wednesday by united fans I guess, #mourinhoout

There is some pathetic stuff written here but I must say this gave me a good laugh.
    Must try harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

TheDoc wrote: »
    Would they? I think it's apparent we can't cast any judgements on managers for United until they actually sit in the seat. It's crushed two managers and who knows how Mourinho will fare.

Pochettino was trying to buy Schneiderlan this summer, seemingly seriously trying to buy him. And Mourinho said no, he's part of our team. So Pochettino sees something in him (essentially what Wanyama is doing for them and doing well) yet Mourinho wanted to keep, yet isn't using.

Klopp and Pochetino are two distinctly different types of managers to what we have now, and had before in Van Gaal. Is this maybe one of those trends we see ride a wave in football for a period that we are missing out?

Here we are discussing the future of the most decorated active manager in the game after 4 months in the job.

Pochettino and Klopp wouldn't survive.

Here we are discussing the future of the most decorated active manager in the game after 4 months in the job.

Pochettino and Klopp wouldn't survive.

But who's discussing his future?

I'm still to see a post from a United fan calling for his head, or signalling it's about to come to an end?

Are we arguing thin air here or did I miss some posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If Mourinho can't get United back on the right track we are in big trouble. He is the best in the business, the likes of Pochettino and Klopp would fail miserably here if Mourinho does.

Would they really?

For one they wouldn't bother with the like of Ibra or Pogba and would have built their team around younger players with something to prove. Ye have two brilliant young attacking players in Martial and Rashford and they just seem wasted to me under Mourinho.

Klopp and Pochettino have worked within a budget to rebuild their sides and turn around under performing players under previous managers. Mourinho spends huge with no conscience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Disappointing things for me from yesterday - we keep playing players out of position. We've done it with Moyes, done it with Van Gaal and now Mourinho. Realistically, despite some good performances it has to be said, Valencia is not a RB, Blind is not good enough for LB, Fellaini is not a player you want to be spreading the ball around in central midfield, Rashford is a striker and not a winger. Rojo is too light and soft for CB and not decent enough going forward for LB.

I thought the Fenerbahce game might have been a bit of an eye opener to Mourinho as to what good it can do to a side by having natural full backs, a deep lying playmaker in midfield which undoubtedly plays to the strengths of Herrera and Pogba. Of course the opposition is a world away from top sides in the Premier League but we looked more structured and cohesive.

In his defence he was hamstrung by the fúck up by Smalling and Blind in the first minute because he was expecting to sit back and soak up pressure rather than be the side in the ascendancy in possession.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rob316 wrote: »
    Klopp and Pochettino have worked within a budget to rebuild their sides and turn around under performing players under previous managers. Mourinho spends huge with no conscience.

Personally, "works within a budget" isn't high on my priority lists. We're one of the three richest clubs in the world, but for years haven't acted like it. You can argue how money should be spend and who is worth what, but as a United fan, I feel we have drastically underspent for years relative to the income we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Klopp and Pochettino have worked within a budget to rebuild their sides and turn around under performing players under previous managers.

And they've had a bit of time to get it right. Can Mourinho be given time please? He's just had two of the toughest away games of the season a few months into a new job.
    Mourinho spends huge with no conscience.

I don't really know what this means. He bought well last summer. World class players that we haven't seen the best of yet. I'm convinced they will come good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would not like Pochettino to become Man Utd manager. I have a feeling it will happen in 2-3 years though. Brillant young coach.

Would they really?

For one they wouldn't bother with the like of Ibra or Pogba and would have built their team around younger players with something to prove. Ye have two brilliant young attacking players in Martial and Rashford and they just seem wasted to me under Mourinho.

Mourinho spends what he wants because he's a serial trophy winner, Pochettino and Klopp are nowhere near there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I've no issue with Conte yesterday and tbh I find it a bit strange that a lot of people have taken umbrage with it.

I've yet to see anyone complain about Conte.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would not like Pochettino to become Man Utd manager. I have a feeling it will happen in 2-3 years though. Brillant young coach.

I'd wager he'll be at Real or Barca within that window. And I think Klopp will end up at the other in the same frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mourinho spends what he wants because he's a serial trophy winner, Pochettino and Klopp are nowhere near there yet.

While he is a serial trophy winner, the reality is he is still going to be under the microscope as he buys very big and has serious questions over him after his Madrid and 2nd Chelsea stint. Yes he won the league but the dramatic collapse in the 2nd season cant be ignored.

Klopp and Pochettino don't demand open cheque books, so they are naturally going to get more time and be under less pressure.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd wager he'll be at Real or Barca within that window. And I think Klopp will end up at the other in the same frame.

And then they'll spend like mad men and this holier than thou crap will be forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Would they really?

With the pricetag Pogba will always be fitted in and accommodated, this is an issue on a number of levels. It's an issue in that it restricts our tactics and formations, it's an issue because it must affect Pogbas attitude and it must be an issue when other players see a guy who no matter how badly he plays, will always play.
    Ibra seems to be above being taken off too, which is also an issue.
    I 100% agree that this team should be build around the aforementioned Rashford and Martial. Seeing Martial benched makes me sad, seeing him alongside the special Juan makes me doubly sad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bangkok wrote: »
    so looking like bailly will be out for a while...

would love to see this lineup

de gea

valencia
    Smalling
    blind
    shaw

Carrick

Herrera
    Pogba

Mkhitarayan
    Rashford
    Martial

also with this team, the front 3 will all stretch the opposition defence, leaving more space for pogba and herrera to do their stuff while carrick has the experience to hold the midfield and pick passes to players running in behind. 2 very fast full backs as well to provide width to the side and really take it to the opposition.

We need to start attacking teams and not be worrying about what they will do to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

ericzeking wrote: »
    Seeing Martial benched makes me sad

Maybe so, but he hasn't pulled up any trees for quite a while now. I'd like to see him playing up front as well but he needs to start showing something, because right now he is another over hyped and highly priced talent doing very little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

I think its time to say goodbye to top four!!!...prob need to concentrate on Europa league to get into Champions league!!...It will be a good season for us if we win that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The money will start to dry out soon enough too if we keep missing CL football.

We have become a Mayo. Have the potential but are weak mentally and the inconsistency is just all too common.

I have lost faith in this team now. I think we really need a good guttering. Monday and Thursday should not have produced that type of performance yesterday.

If I was a opposition fan I'd be loving all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

We have become a Mayo. Have the potential but are weak mentally and the inconsistency is just all too common.

I have lost faith in this team now. I think we really need a good guttering. Monday and Thursday should not have produced that type of performance yesterday.

Financially the club is still pretty profitable...football is a crazy business model for a company because no matter how badly United played last year the still produced one of there most profitable seasons in terms of income. the club is a marketing giant and generates so much revenue...champions league money is something that United don't depend on. Cash is not going to dry up anytime soon, so wouldn't be too worried about that!!.....what we do need to worry about is the longer we stay in this rut of trying to buy our way out of trouble and not have any real plan in place to grow the club will be more damaging!!...

all down to the manager, he has team set up completely wrong. when have you ever seen a united team with 6 at the back, 2 of those backs being rashford and lingard!!! we are too easy to play against. that team i posted earlier is ideal for the players we have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Giggs unhappy with shirt swapping
    "You can get beat in a football match, but then you’re getting beat and you’re swapping shirts - which is something I don't like, call me old-fashioned," new Telegraph columnist Giggs said after the game yesterday.

"If you get beat 4-0, you congratulate the opposition, you thank the supporters and then you get off the pitch. You don’t stand around on the pitch, swapping shirts and laughing, with the team that’s just beat you."

This was odd viewing yesterday. DDG and Zlatan smiling with Chelsea players at full time (Mata and Hierra did seem annoyed). I can see now why Keano fell out with lots of people. Thrashed 4 nil and smiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

[QUOTE=IamtheWalrus;101447407
    This was odd viewing yesterday. DDG and Zlatan smiling with Chelsea players at full time (Mata and Hierra did seem annoyed). I can see now why Keano fell out with lots of people. Thrashed 4 nil and smiling.[/QUOTE]

Kept an eye on the players after the match.

he certainly had a chat with his compatriots but his demeanour wasnt of someone happy.

Zlatan on the other hand :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

so looking like bailly will be out for a while...

would love to see this lineup

de gea

valencia
    Smalling
    blind
    shaw

Carrick

Herrera
    Pogba

Mkhitarayan
    Rashford
    Martial

Looks a good team on paper, be interesting to see how opposition would react to that pace up front

all down to the manager, he has team set up completely wrong. when have you ever seen a united team with 6 at the back, 2 of those backs being rashford and lingard!!! we are too easy to play against. that team i posted earlier is ideal for the players we have

On the other hand, between the Pool game and the 6 at the back yesterday, Jose looks justified in not showing a massive amount of faith in his defense. Even with 6 at the back yesterday, we shipped in 4 super soft goals.

People gave out about the ultra-negative tactics against Pool, but yesterday was further evidence of why that was an important decision. Our defense is very, very shakey when a team comes at us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Lord TSC wrote:
    People gave out about the ultra-negative tactics against Pool, but yesterday was further evidence of why that was an important decision. Our defense is very, very shakey when a team comes at us.

Or else just like everyone said, Jose is the Portuguese pardew.

He will always be a negative manager who has always been blessed with cash.

Even Rafa had the odd game where he got a few goals

Jose just couldn't shake Conte's hand, say "well done" and leave it at that. There had to be some sort of gesture, knowledge imparted, some kind of last word on his part.

Conte's actions to the home crowd screamed to me "C'mon ta fúck, we're hammering Man United 4-0 in my first game against them, and I still can't hear you guys above the United fans." Not "Ahaha, let's point and laugh at this collection of clowns".

Of course the match was dismal viewing as a United fan yesterday, but I could understand Conte's joy and wouldn't begrudge him indulging in some harmless theatrics on the sideline.

I wouldn't mind if Jose didn't have a long list of priors himself. However, the "That'll do pig" walk he used to do down the touchline towards the dressing room a few minutes before the final whistle blew in a match his team were winning, that was way worse than anything he perceived Conte to be doing yesterday. Hope to fúck we never see him do that with United.

Jose was utterly humiliated yesterday. Like getting invited around to your ex-partner's house for a catch-up with them and the family. Jose wanted to show them all that he was doing well, instead he shat his pants at the dinner table. He needs to point that frustration in the right direction though, rather than adding to that humiliation by throwing the toys out of the pram at Conte.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    On the other hand, between the Pool game and the 6 at the back yesterday, Jose looks justified in not showing a massive amount of faith in his defense. Even with 6 at the back yesterday, we shipped in 4 super soft goals.

the other side of that is he is not showing enough faith in his attackers. Martial (our best outfield player last season) and mkhitayaran (best attacking player in germany) 1 on the bench and 2 not even in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

stankratz wrote: »
    Jose just couldn't shake Conte's hand, say "well done" and leave it at that. There had to be some sort of gesture, knowledge imparted, some kind of last word on his part.

Conte's actions to the home crowd screamed to me "C'mon ta fúck, we're hammering Man United 4-0 in my first game against them, and I still can't hear you guys above the United fans." Not "Ahaha, let's point and laugh at this collection of clowns".

Of course the match was dismal viewing as a United fan yesterday, but I could understand Conte's joy and wouldn't begrudge him indulging in some harmless theatrics on the sideline.

I wouldn't mind if Jose didn't have a long list of priors himself. However, the "That'll do pig" walk he used to do down the touchline towards the dressing room a few minutes before the final whistle blew in a match his team were winning, that was way worse than anything he perceived Conte to be doing yesterday. Hope to fúck we never see him do that with United.

Jose was utterly humiliated yesterday. Like getting invited around to your ex-partner's house for a catch-up with them and the family. Jose wanted to show them all that he was doing well, instead he shat his pants at the dinner table. He needs to point that frustration in the right direction though, rather than adding to that humiliation by throwing the toys out of the pram at Conte.

God forgot about how he did that hand shake before the game was over, hated that,

Tbf I was like Jose yesterday think I said something like why the f**k is he egging the crowd on ye are beating us 4-0, you only do that when you are hanging on to a one goal lead usually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

"You can get beat in a football match, but then you’re getting beat and you’re swapping shirts - which is something I don't like, call me old-fashioned," new Telegraph columnist Giggs said after the game yesterday.

"If you get beat 4-0, you congratulate the opposition, you thank the supporters and then you get off the pitch. You don’t stand around on the pitch, swapping shirts and laughing, with the team that’s just beat you."

This was odd viewing yesterday. DDG and Zlatan smiling with Chelsea players at full time (Mata and Hierra did seem annoyed). I can see now why Keano fell out with lots of people. Thrashed 4 nil and smiling.

That's modern day football for you. Defeats probably don't hurt as much as they may have in the past, probably because you know that you will still be paid 100k plus this week.

You see it every week with various teams. The Man Utd players should have been livid after that, not smiling with the opposition.

That's modern day football for you. Defeats probably don't hurt as much as they may have in the past, probably because you know that you will still be paid 100k plus this week.

You see it every week with various teams. The Man Utd players should have been livid after that, not smiling with the opposition.

I fear that if football's exposure increases and it becomes more and more about the money, we might see a football 'crash'. Mightened do any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

v3ttel wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly how it works.

Usually is what happens to a team that is so inconsistent like we are at the minute. Can you tell me where the positives are ? The boloxology of playing players out of position continues, and alienating players is his speciality. Look I just can't stand the man, couldnt when he was at any other club, not going to be hypocritical now just because we gave him the gig, he's lost 13 out of his last 27 games at 2 high profile clubs. Our brand of footy in big games is sad to watch.

Decided to get off the fence :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Do United need a director of football?

As Gary Neville has said about 3 years and £180m spent, United still can't field a balanced midfield. There is no continuation with transfer policies as each manager has had a totally different style and has made their own signings. Seem to be why United are a team of round holes square pegs.

Ye didn't need one with SAF as he was in charge for so long he filled that role and always had a vision for the club and actually delegated much of the day to day stuff anyways.

United just seem content to throw money at the issue and let each manager dictate who they want and you just end up with a frankenstein team. If you are changing manager every 2 years I think it's neccesary in modern football.

Lukker- wrote: »
    If you are changing manager every 2 years I think it's neccesary in modern football.

I mean, the obvious statement to make in response is that it's not been by choice we've cycled through managers. Moyes was meant to be long term, and LVG was meant to continue on through Giggs.

A DoF makes sense if you want to accept the cycle of managers, but I think it looks like both club and manager currently see the setup as long term. Though there was strong talks about Jose wanting a DoF in the summer just gone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We have nothing to worry about money wise just look at this thread for example we get beat four nil and we have loads of new fans and even some created accounts to join our gang.

But seriously that was poor stuff yesterday the second half the team just gave up its OK blaming jose it is mostly his fault but no matter how good tactics he uses he can't allow for that mistake from the defence at start of the match but he can make sure they are been coached and he was the one that settled on his squad for the year.

He has to pick up the team now and make sure that performance is used in the right manner to insure it's onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

secman wrote: »
    Usually is what happens to a team that is so inconsistent like we are at the minute. Can you tell me where the positives are ? The boloxology of playing players out of position continues, and alienating players is his speciality. Look I just can't stand the man, couldnt when he was at any other club, not going to be hypocritical now just because we gave him the gig, he's lost 13 out of his last 27 games at 2 high profile clubs. Our brand of footy in big games is sad to watch.

Decided to get off the fence :)

I have a feeling the best part of this post has been edited out before I've seen it.

We are 9 games in. We just had a very bad defeat. You have said you "can't stand" the manager, so of course you are going to jump to conclusions straight away. I get it. Instant gratification or "I told you so"

The main problem is that your logic is completely flawed. I really, really shouldn't have to explain why as it's very obvious but here are some pointers as to why it may not pan out as you've suggested (fitness, form, motivation, fixtures, transfers, normal variance, experience, new coaching ideas).

If your logic was correct, then why would teams bother to remaining 3/4s of the season at all? Just allocate the points now and be done with it.

It makes zero sense.

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    God forgot about how he did that hand shake before the game was over, hated that.

It was loathsome and highly disrespectful. Fair play to Paul Lambert on this occasion...

Keano :pac:

Tbf I was like Jose yesterday think I said something like why the f**k is he egging the crowd on ye are beating us 4-0, you only do that when you are hanging on to a one goal lead usually

Fair enough, none of us know Conte's intentions. I interpreted it as Conte trying to wake the Chelsea fans up, I even sensed that he was a bit bewildered at their silence given the scoreline, performance and the fact that it was against United.

No matter what Conte's intentions were though, at worst his behaviour was unsportsmanlike. You can give out about it Hoco, I haven't witnessed you yourself going against the "If you hate something, don't you do it too" mantra, but Jose is among the very last people who should be calling foul on another manager's sideline antics.

I thought it was a touch of class from Zlatan. He clearly gave his condolences to Willian and when asked for his shirt obliged.

I didn't see any other shirt swapping but if he has a problem with Ibra he needs to get over it

This dinosaur thinking of when you lose you storm home walk past your kids to bedroom pull the curtains and think about what you have done needs to stop. That's not dedication or passion that is a clear personality issue with those people. It's a game. Get a grip

Giggs probably doesn't know the friendship that develops at international level considering he just turned his back on Wales so much.

I've no issue with int team mates being friendly with each other. Anything else is pandering to ridiculous expectations of fans that they themselves wouldn't adhere too

Considering one of this squads biggest problems is a clear lack of leadership, a lack of mental toughness, a lack of some goddamn warriors prepared to drag us through tough times then yes, I do have a problem with our players leaving the field acting like Fifa ambassadors instead of angry men who just got their ****ing asses handed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

TheDoc wrote: »
    I thought it was a touch of class from Zlatan. He clearly gave his condolences to Willian and when asked for his shirt obliged.

I didn't see any other shirt swapping but if he has a problem with Ibra he needs to get over it

This dinosaur thinking of when you lose you storm home walk past your kids to bedroom pull the curtains and think about what you have done needs to stop. That's not dedication or passion that is a clear personality issue with those people. It's a game. Get a grip

Giggs probably doesn't know the friendship that develops at international level considering he just turned his back on Wales so much.

I've no issue with int team mates being friendly with each other. Anything else is pandering to ridiculous expectations of fans that they themselves wouldn't adhere too

Couldn't disagree more, it's called having personal and professional pride in your work. You've just been made a show of at what you do for a living. Should Jose have smiled and laughed with Conte after the game too? It's far from dinosaur thinking imo.

Considering one of this squads biggest problems is a clear lack of leadership, a lack of mental toughness, a lack of some goddamn warriors prepared to drag us through tough times then yes, I do have a problem with our players leaving the field acting like Fifa ambassadors instead of angry men who just got their ****ing asses handed to them.

I think it's a bit overstated though, Chelsea hammered us, who are their leaders? Likewise with Watford. The first and last goals yesterday were embarrassing mistakes for any level of football let alone the very top players playing for Manchester United.

BenK wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more, it's called having personal and professional pride in your work. You've just been made a show of at what you do for a living. Should Jose have smiled and laughed with Conte after the game too? It's far from dinosaur thinking imo.

I was going to reply but this one more than suffices.

• Advertisement

who are their leaders?

Who are ours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

v3ttel wrote: »
    I have a feeling the best part of this post has been edited out before I've seen it.

We are 9 games in. We just had a very bad defeat. You have said you "can't stand" the manager, so of course you are going to jump to conclusions straight away. I get it. Instant gratification or "I told you so"

The main problem is that your logic is completely flawed. I really, really shouldn't have to explain why as it's very obvious but here are some pointers as to why it may not pan out as you've suggested (fitness, form, motivation, fixtures, transfers, normal variance, experience, new coaching ideas).

If your logic was correct, then why would teams bother to remaining 3/4s of the season at all? Just allocate the points now and be done with it.

It makes zero sense.

My post was a sarcastic one aimed at those who point out that we are only 6 points off top. The only reason we are only 6 off is precisely because only 9 games have been played. There is nothing to suggest that our form will change from its current low. We are rudderless, no leaders on the pitch and off it by the looks of things. Players being played out of position, most of the player,s form has gone south. Wrong choice of selections, players being alienated. He has history, look how well Robbin played for Bayern Munich, when asked to be simply an attacking winger.
    I would love Mourinho to prove me wrong and I'll suck it up, won't like him but I'll suck it up. Just don't see it happening.

My edit in my previous post amounted to changing one word exactly. I called Mourinho a man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Well done Liverpool. Gave us a real hiding yesterday. Hazard was unreal, the Scouse Messi.

Who are ours?

The lack of leaders didn't cost us the game last night

Our Christmas period fixtures could catapult us into the title race if we do get our act together. Could go into it 6 or 7 points off the pace and find ourselves in the mix with a good run. All of them in the bottom half of the table.

From 14 December- 2 January Palace (A), West Brom (A), Sunderland (H), Middlesbrough (H) West Ham (A)

It's the hope that kills you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement