Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Anybody notice a change in Pep and Jose behaviour to each other? They seem much more cordial, friendly even, these days.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Would like to see more of that Herrera, Pogba, Carrick midfield - I think it is balanced well. Or bring Schneiderlin in for Carrick. We need to provide a platform and some freedom to Pogba and Herrera, imo.

Would also like to see more of Ibra on the bench. Absolutely rubbish again last night. Put Rooney or Martial up front instead (or Rashford, with martial taking the wide spot from Rashford)

Only true for first half
    Not true for second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are normally pretty good at going over what happened in a game but you seen a different game to me last night. I thought Ibra was excellent doing an old fashioned centre forwards job, actually very similar to what Drogba did for Chelsea in his first couple of years there under Mourinho.

Thought his passing, control and finishing were terrible. Was in the right positions, where I would want him to be, but screwed up or did little of note way too often.

Was very good on the goal and slipped a lovely pass into Rashford for a chance he hesitated on, but thought his use of the ball was very poor quite a lot last night.

Only had the game on the laptop though and was watching tv with the other half at the same time so maybe I missed more of his good play and was overly frustrated by his poor play when it did occur - in addition to him being fairly poor in previous games.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Only true for first half
    Not true for second half

fair enough - will have to give the second half a more concentrated look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

I thought Ibra and Pogba both stepped up in the second half. More intensity and effort from them. Ibra was weak in terms of passing but I thought his ball control and ability to hold players off was very good in the second half. More required but it was good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Pogba and Ibra gave the ball away too much in my opinion, could both do with doing the simple pass from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anybody notice a change in Pep and Jose behaviour to each other? They seem much more cordial, friendly even, these days.

Maybe the Spanish media and fans are way more bloodthirsty it things go bad?

Hococop wrote: »
    Mourinho stated in the summer that he couldn't battle Pep in the same way he did in Spain, because in England it isn't a 1vs1 (Barca vs Real) situation (At. Madrid have changed that now).

Maybe he was telling the truth and his battles with Pep before were mindgames. Maybe the more friendly atmosphere now is BS and will change if United and City are directly competing for trophies in a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Like I said yesterday he could have played it two ways, and going with the strong team he made it an important game and a game he couldn't lose. Deserves some credit for doing that, as it could have been easier to field a weaker team and have the excuse ready.

Performance was pretty ok. Ibrahimovic was pretty poor but have to say I've been surprised by his work ethic. He keeps going, doesn't hide and tries to play his way back into a game where he's poor. He had some lovely little touches and sliced open their defence a few times. Although missed a sitter and first half he was a bit all over the place. Can appreciate why he is being persisted with as opposed to say when Rooney was in his rut.

Pogba again, flashes of what will hopefully come, flashes of why he is in a rut. A bit too much flicks and trying to replicate his Adidas ad. He's losing possesion a lot, needs to get back to basics and play his way back into confident form.

Herrera has just solidified himself as one of the first names on the teamsheet. Dogged, aggressive and harrying people while being good in possesion. Those little neat turns he does under pressure are so good. His understanding and play with Mata is also clearly something to harness. The two of them are just always on the same wavelength.

Was happy for Rojo. He has had a torrid time. By all accounts he's a likeable person with a good work ethic that has just had a rubbish time with injuries and consistency. Was a bit wasteful in possesion but thought he was showing glimpses of that no sense, aggressive style of defending. Don't think I recall him putting a foot wrong, so happy for him and hopefully a confidence builder for him.

Shaw was a massive concern. Navas is a one trick pony and an utterly underwhelming winger for a club like City. That he was getting roasted for pace so consistently was such a massive worry. I'm still yet to be convinced by Shaw that he was money well spent. I suppose I need to be more patient with him, but his pace was supposed to be his coverup for his clear defensive defencies and lapses. That was massively concerning to see him get roasted like that.
    Mata with another good performance. Really does seem to delivery in big games.

Outside of that nothing really major. Rashford starting to look less and less influencial, one good run from memory but its going to be hard being a winger under Mourinho and I tend to just dislike strikers being shoehorned out wide.

West Ham at home you'd be confident of picking up a win, and I guess from the team selection last night this is probably a trophy worth going for in Mourinhos mind. A trophy is never to be sniffed at, although the League Cup is never anything to go mental about. But might just put a bit of faith into the manager and methods if a trophy arrives(from players and fans).

Atmosphere came across really well on TV. Was good to see 74k+ for a cup game. Be nice if the atmosphere was like that more often. Still feel OT is way too flat.
    A chance for the team to now change the narrative and mood a bit. Potential to go 4 wins on the spin before Arsenal

All of that and you didn't have it in you to say Carrick played well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jesus, what he said was completely innocuous. Thats ridiculous.

Squad picture 2016

14570386_10154163653387746_5944297052759176813_n.jpg?oh=75546c75a4afb02f21d23ec9f64db901&oe=588F9655

Better quality but too big to embed without killing the site:
    http://www.manutd.com/~/media/655736795C7B48BCB471DAB754C58DA2.ashx?w=2560&h=1600

Jebus Christ, they put Phil Jones up on the bench at the back, were they trying to kill him? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bangkok wrote: »
    All of that and you didn't have it in you to say Carrick played well..

I don't believe Carrick did anything to say, convince me (or Mourinho imo) that he should be in the team for league matches or big games.

Carrick has quickly become a player that improves the longer he is out of the team.

It's a merry dance we and you can keep having, but neither of us are going to concede so why bother?

Squad picture 2016

14570386_10154163653387746_5944297052759176813_n.jpg?oh=75546c75a4afb02f21d23ec9f64db901&oe=588F9655

http://www.manutd.com/~/media/655736795C7B48BCB471DAB754C58DA2.ashx?w=2560&h=1600

Where is the F.A. Cup?

Jesus anyone see Moyes in his post match interview. That looks a career quickly coming to an end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hococop wrote: »

City fans not to pleased that Pep said he was happy after the game.BTW his 'reserve' side cost just shy of £241 million for those who want to say we just beat their B team.
    Between the EPL and ECL, City have just 3 points from an available 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoc wrote: »
    I don't believe Carrick did anything to say, convince me (or Mourinho imo) that he should be in the team for league matches or big games.

Carrick has quickly become a player that improves the longer he is out of the team.

It's a merry dance we and you can keep having, but neither of us are going to concede so why bother?

See that's the thing Carrick doesn't need to do anything and that's what we need. We need him to just sit deep and pass the ball forward or break up some attacks and fill space that stops the opposition passing balls in to the forwards between the center back.

Compare it to having fellaini in there and you have fellaini driving forward with the ball meeting a opposition player and turning around and passing ball back or else been caught forward with the other two more attacking midified players having to run back to fill the gap he left behind.

Carrick didn't stand out last night but he still passed forward and when we were defending he was there to force play wide or drop deep into the box thats all we need and leave the attacking for the front four or five.

It's not blowing Carrick up he is just the most disaplind defensive type midfielder we have and that's hat we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Squad picture 2016

The lads in the front row are flashing a fair bit of leg/thigh!! :eek:

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Jesus anyone see Moyes in his post match interview. That looks a career quickly coming to an end

He looks shook as **** tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »

Some damage for 3 people and a pensioner.

• Advertisement

They didn't want to pee sure it wasn't one of the top priority for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

They can't piss on target either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

Always knew there were only piss artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The people who damaged the urinals must be really IQ challenged given Man City will have to pay for the damage and it only cost their own club, not United.
    Some people are unfortunate to be so stupid.

1d2kv9.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

I do feel sorry for him. Seems like a decent guy in a downward spiral.

zerks wrote: »

Thought this was a representation of Stones, Kompany and Otamendi.

Crumbling into pieces spraying piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Delighted to get that win last night. I'm on holidays and I remember when we played city in the league Cup semi final a few years back I was on holiday too so the omens were bad. Not the greatest performance of all time and had their young striker scored that early chance it.moght have been a difficult night.

Also Mata is love.

Be like patrice because he is cool

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMEnILGjekV/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RobertKK wrote: »
    The people who damaged the urinals must be really IQ challenged given Man City will have to pay for the damage and it only cost their own club, not United.
    Some people are unfortunate to be so stupid.

Are they not sinks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Bobby pisses in the sink so often he doesn't see a difference any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »
    Compare it to having fellaini in there and you have fellaini driving forward with the ball meeting a opposition player and turning around and passing ball back or else been caught forward with the other two more attacking midified players having to run back to fill the gap he left behind.

Bit unfair on Fel, he did there job asked if him by Mourinho at Chelsea.

He's been great playing a proper midfield role this season.

beno619 wrote: »

I think fel has been OK too but mostly when we are under the cosh and been attacked he is good at getting himself about and breaking stuff up but when we are looking to play anything advanced he is playing backward or else up the field.

I know I'm crap at explaining it but basically fel has his role I get that but if we want to give pogba a free role to get forward as much as he can well fel ain't the partner for him in midfield because he will be up there beside him more often then not and midfield is exposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

beno619 wrote: »

Great?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tumblr_m7ccr0ACnX1qevziqo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why would you touch Urinals anyway. I mean the smell and all that. Write Augueroooo on the wall or something.

• Advertisement

Why would you touch Urinals anyway. I mean the smell and all that. Write Augueroooo on the wall or something.

I think a prerequisite of writing something is to actually be literate.

Its pretty clear that the kind of mouth breathers that do stuff like this are not Mastermind candidates.

• Herrera would make a good captain

On the match at the weekend I don't think it's televised

Any dodgy channels got it?

Herrera would make a good captain

It's on sky sports 5 Ireland at 3 o clock.

It's on sky sports 5 Ireland at 3 o clock.

you cant get much more dodgy than sky tbf :D

you cant get much more dodgy than sky tbf :D

It will be bein sports with Richard and Andy for me nobody does it better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

It will be bein sports with Richard and Andy for me nobody does it better.

Mute is better than any commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mute is better than any commentary

I wish there was no commentary in matches, I've watched a Superclásico match years ago (Boca v River Plate) and it was so unreal just to listen to the crowds chanting and the sound affects on the field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Herrera would make a good captain

google ultimatemania.rocks

Jose Mourinho isn’t the only Manchester United employee living a strange existence in the city’s Lowry Hotel.

Every morning, Henrikh Mkhitaryan leaves his five-star accommodation early and is the first player to arrive at United’s Carrington headquarters, preferring to eat breakfast at the training ground rather than his hotel.

A speaker of six languages, Mkhitaryan is friendly and articulate. Club staff describe him as ‘an absolute gentleman’ around the place.

The trouble is, Mourinho doesn’t seem quite so taken with the player United signed from Borussia Dortmund for £26.3million in the summer.

But United fans have been left bemused by Mkhitaryan’s treatment, with some comparing it to Mourinho’s handling of Bastian Schweinsteiger.

There is a key difference here. The United manager signed Mkhitaryan, he did not inherit him from Louis van Gaal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3879812/The-mysterious-case-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-Manchester-United-s-26-3m-signing-stuck-stands-Jose-Mourinho-unconvinced.html#ixzz4OKmRUNpY
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just for you Bangkok,2 Fellainis.:P

39C6DD3300000578-0-image-a-26_1477591855340.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If HM doesn't feature on Saturday, he's finished here and it'll be the weirdest transfer flop ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Almost 7 weeks since Mkhitaryan had a game, and his last input was being hauled off after a very poor half against City.

If he doesn't feature Saturday I'd imagine he's finished, bizarre really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

#TheDortmundCurse

Honestly, it is bizarre. But so has the past 4 seasons

Must win game tomorrow.

Burnley are no pushovers but hopefully home advantage will help.

Go at them from the get go like we did against Leicester and hopefully over run them by half time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement