Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »

I know I'm crap at explaining it but basically fel has his role I get that but if we want to give pogba a free role to get forward as much as he can well fel ain't the partner for him in midfield because he will be up there beside him more often then not and midfield is exposed.

Again this only happened at Chelsea, Herrera and Fellaini made a solid base for Pogba to play a free role vs Pool and he did nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    Just for you Bangkok,2 Fellainis.:P

39C6DD3300000578-0-image-a-26_1477591855340.jpg

Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Must win game tomorrow.

Burnley are no pushovers but hopefully home advantage will help.

Go at them from the get go like we did against Leicester and hopefully over run them by half time.

Burnley are poor away from home they have conceded 9 goals in 3 games and giving up loads of chances. At home they are a different story only conceded 4 goals in 6 games and picked up 10 pts from 6 games. I'd be shocked if utd didn't win by at least 2 tomorrow. Both ex utd players have been great for them heaton and Keane. Heaton is as good as any English keeper out there IMO.

beno619 wrote: »
    Again this only happened at Chelsea, Herrera and Fellaini made a solid base for Pogba to play a free role vs Pool and he did nothing.

We played ultra defensive, 6 at the back nearly, impossible for pogba to do anything without support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

WIN DRAW LOSE
    PL 2015-2016 - Bournemouth v Man U - 2 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Bournemouth v Man U - 1 -3

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Southampton - 0 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Southampton - 2 -0

PL 2016-2017 - Hull v Man U - 0 -1

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Man C - 0 -0
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Man C - 1 -2

EL 2016-2017 - Feyenoord v Man U - 1-0

PL 2015-2016 - Watford v Man U - 1 -2
    PL 2016-2017 - Watford v Man U - 3 -1

EFLC 2016-2017 Northampton v Man U - 1-3

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Leicester City - 1 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Leicester City - 4 -1

EL 2016-2017 - Man U v Zorya Luhansk - 1-0

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Stoke - 3 -0
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Stoke - 1 -1

PL 2015-2016 - Liverpool v Man U - 0 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Liverpool v Man U - 0 -0

EL 2016-2017 - Man U v Fenerbahce - 4-1

PL 2015-2016 - Chelsea v Man U - 1 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Chelsea v Man U - 4 -0

EFLC 2016-2017 Man U v Man C -1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Where's our smilies polo

zerks wrote: »
    Just for you Bangkok,2 Fellainis.:P

39C6DD3300000578-0-image-a-26_1477591855340.jpg

beacon.jpg

Where's our smilies polo

You can only use 15 :) in 1 post :(

:confused: Unless I quote my own Posts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    You can only use 15 :) in 1 post :(

:confused: Unless I quote my own Posts :pac:

Off topic but you learn something new every day!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D

:pac::pac:

Edit: Polo_Mint even if you quote your own post you won't be able to add anymore as it calculates the total images including any quoted post...

• Advertisement

Off topic but you learn something new every day!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D

:pac::pac:

Edit: Polo_Mint even if you quote your own post you won't be able to add anymore as it calculates the total images including any quoted post...

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    :(

Just link to your last post and start a new post every so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If we had 11 players with the intensity and passion of Herrera and Mata, we'd be flying.

Quotes from Herrera last night.

"I feel it like them. I know I'm not English & I'm not from Manchester, but I really love this club & I have enjoyed my time here. I don’t want to be just one more player. I want to show that I am very happy here and I want to be here for as long as possible."

He loves the fans, I was at the leicester game last season and he came out of the tunnel with his own marker in hand to sign autographs. got lucky after the museum tour two days later and met him before the player of the year awards, spent a few minutes chatting with my son and another kid. A real class act. A lot of other players could do with taking a leaf out of his book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

39CDB5E800000578-3881490-image-a-2_1477642157750.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It will be bein sports with Richard and Andy for me nobody does it better.

No Hayley though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

beno619 wrote: »

That doesn't explain why his touch was crap and he lost every 50/50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've been watching United's u-23's away to Spurs and at halftime it's 1-1.

I've heard about Sean Goss before but not for a while and they were saying this is his first game back after a long spell out. Well the good news for you guys is he looks like the real deal so the injury didn't do him much harm by the looks of things.

Two other United players that have impressed and one of them is Joe Riley who scored the United goal, he looks really talented and it won't be long before he is challenging for a first team place by the looks of things.

The other guy who looks a little raw but massively talented is Olosunde. He seems to be able to beat players easily but just seems to overuse the ball a bit. He looks like like a serious talent though who will make it big if he can iron out those little flaws. He has buckets of pace too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Predictions for tomorrow? Really hoping we can get an "easy" win and finish the game in the first half instead of looking to scrap a goal in the final mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Predictions for tomorrow? Really hoping we can get an "easy" win and finish the game in the first half instead of looking to scrap a goal in the final mins.

I'm gonna say 3-0 United.

Pheonix10 wrote: »

My prediction is that I fill up on Sambo's at my nieces birthday and then fall asleep at half time after a dour 0-0 first half. I will wake up after to find out that Rooney came on at half time and scored a 15 mins hattrick and we won 4-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

astradave wrote: »
    My prediction is that I fill up on Sambo's at my nieces birthday and then fall asleep at half time after a dour 0-0 first half. I will wake up after to find out that Rooney came on at half time and scored a 15 mins hattrick and we won 4-0

And then you actually wake up and it's still 0-0

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    And then you actually wake up and it's still 0-0

...plus one of the kids mistook you for a sink while you were sleeping, and got sick on you. Still though, better than actually watching the 0-0.:pac:

Gonna go with a win for tomorrow myself, 3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Dont care how we win just need a win

Kind of good news from jose about miki basically says he wants to give him time to settle and build up his level. Says they still believe in him and he will be a top player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Kind of good news from jose about miki basically ting he wants to give him time to settle and build up his level. Says they still believe in him and he will be a top player.

Read that too. I'm not overly worried yet about him but he really should have been given some time over the last week given how many games we've had. What better way to acclimatize to English football than playing a few games.

Seems he has a lot of admiration for Carrick and that he says that he needs to manage him as he can't play him like Rashford or Herrera who can play 4/5 games in a row.

Press conference

https://youtu.be/8f3Z4T2H3d4

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/792004145075089408?lang=en
    Our #EFLCup quarter-final at home to West Ham will be played on Wednesday 30 November, with kick-off at 20:00 GMT. #MUFC

Jose calls Carrick a genius..... Finally he has seen the light

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

bangkok wrote: »
    Jose calls Carrick a genius..... Finally he has seen the light

Really? Jose actually said that??

Quandary wrote: »

No he didn't, Jose praised Carrick as being "Phenomenal"

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/28/phenomenal-michael-carrick-impossible-to-replace-says-jose-mourinho-6220811/

Quandary wrote: »

Sorry was actually phenomenal...

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen eventually.. just don't think it will happen soon.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/791975950795898880

That's an interesting one. Makes me think there's something going on in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just caught the end of Jose talking about Mickey Ryan,

Will we see him back in action tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Jayop wrote: »
    That's an interesting one. Makes me think there's something going on in the background.

I'd say its more likely he was asked a question about Rooney at a press conference and gave a complimentary answer about the player just to move on. Its not like Koeman called a press conference to announce he was looking to sign Wayne Rooney. If and when Rooney moves on it will be to a club that matches or exceeds his current contract. I don't think Everton are that desperate.

José's full quote about Carrick.
    It's one thing to be 25 years old, another thing to be 35 years old. That's the logic of things. But the only thing I can say is he's phenomenal. No doubts about it. Do I have to manage? I think I have to. I can't expect from Michael what I can expect from Rashford or Herrera in terms of playing three, four, five, seven consecutive matches. But he's phenomenal and when you say he played in the last two wins, I think the last three maybe because he also played against Northampton - there is no relation with victories - but for sure when he is on the pitch he gives us important things. He gives us stability in our game, he gives mental freedom to the other guys around him to be more offensive.
    He's not just a player, he is somebody who has a big understanding of the game and it's a pity sometimes you can't stop the clock. In five years' time I think Messi will be 34 and we will be crying that the guy is 34. Michael is such an important player and is a player that it is very difficult to replace.

Sand wrote: »
    I'd say its more likely he was asked a question about Rooney at a press conference and gave a complimentary answer about the player just to move on. Its not like Koeman called a press conference to announce he was looking to sign Wayne Rooney. If and when Rooney moves on it will be to a club that matches or exceeds his current contract. I don't think Everton are that desperate.

If he's not playing at all then he'll move for a lesser contract with perhaps an extra year on it. Weekly wage isn't everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney should take the paycut and go to Everton.

We'd be saving over 30 million in wages if he goes in January, would be surprised if we asked for more than 10-15 million fee if there was even a fee at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rooney should take the paycut and go to Everton.

We'd be saving over 30 million in wages if he goes in January, would be surprised if we asked for more than 10-15 million fee if there was even a fee at all.

I could see him pushing a loan if Jose has given up on him, and then a sale for 10m in the summer with us paying a chunk of his wages for a few years (ala Nani).

Schweinsteiger is happily sitting on no games, no training, no squad photos or involvement and a tasty contract and hes a the sort of combative, self respecting, world class figure that some say still has the drive and leadership to give something to Man Utd. Rooney has a 300K per week contract to the summer of 2019. Thats worth over 45 million sterling to Rooney and his family. By 2019 he will be 33 or 34 years old, probably having played only a bit part at United for 2-3 years and his top level earning potential will be over. He doesn't strike me as the chatty type to reinvent himself as a pundit or media figure off the pitch. This is the contract that secures not just his own families well being for the rest of his life, but likely his children's and his grandchildren's and maybe even his great grandchildren's presuming it isnt all blown on bling.

He is not going to walk away from his family's financial security for selfish reasons like a few more games a season. If he leaves United and that contract it will be because there is more money on the table. And that's entirely understandable - anyone in his position would do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Schweinsteiger is happily sitting on no games, no training, no squad photos or involvement and a tasty contract and hes a the sort of combative, self respecting, world class figure that some say still has the drive and leadership to give something to Man Utd. Rooney has a 300K per week contract to the summer of 2019. Thats worth over 45 million sterling to Rooney and his family. By 2019 he will be 33 or 34 years old, probably having played only a bit part at United for 2-3 years and his top level earning potential will be over. He doesn't strike me as the chatty type to reinvent himself as a pundit or media figure off the pitch. This is the contract that secures not just his own families well being for the rest of his life, but likely his children's and his grandchildren's and maybe even his great grandchildren's presuming it isnt all blown on bling.

He is not going to walk away from his family's financial security for selfish reasons like a few more games a season. If he leaves United and that contract it will be because there is more money on the table. And that's entirely understandable - anyone in his position would do the same.

Rooney is already set for several lifetimes (or should be). He's been on 100k+ contracts for over a decade. Countless endorsements off the pitch and even when he retires, he'll still be able to make millions doing more or less nothing. A sentimental move back to Everton isn't out of the question.

Don't think he's going anywhere until he falls over the line for the goalscoring record anyway.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rooney is already set for several lifetimes (or should be). He's been on 100k+ contracts for over a decade. Countless endorsements off the pitch and even when he retires, he'll still be able to make millions doing more or less nothing. A sentimental move back to Everton isn't out of the question.

Don't think he's going anywhere until he falls over the line for the goalscoring record anyway.

Rooney has had a couple of emotional returns to Goodison and the Everton jersey already in various testimonials. I could see him turning out for the Everton Masters in future years, and having a season ticket for decades after that but would you trade your kids future for selfish vanity?

Fans have this one-way street mentality on loyalty. If a player they want to keep leaves, he is a traitor, lower than low. Like Sterling moving from Liverpool to City. How could he turn his back on the club, never liked him anyway etc. If a player they want rid off sticks around, its incomprehensible that the player just wont shag off. Suddenly loyalty, bonds, team spirit - means nothing, we don't need you anymore so why are you still here? There is the door, show yourself out. Rooney has seen both sides of this - there is still an element to the fanbase that despises him for 'holding the club to ransom' a few years ago, yet now he is deemed surplus to requirements so should waive his contract.

A contract was signed. Rooney's ultimate loyalty is not to Man United or to Everton - it is to him and his own family. He would be a fool to ignore the money contracted to him and his family simply because its suddenly convenient to United to move him on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok lads and lasses, try not to all laugh at once.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/726282/Manchester-United-Manchester-City-Jose-Mourinho-Barcelona-Luis-Suarez-Transfer-News

MANCHESTER UNITED are prepared to spend £135million on Barcelona star Luis Suarez, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/726282/Manchester-United-Manchester-City-Jose-Mourinho-Barcelona-Luis-Suarez-Transfer-News

MANCHESTER UNITED are prepared to spend £135million on Barcelona star Luis Suarez, according to reports.

To use an Axl Rose quote from a few years ago, "Not In This Lifetime".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

e8a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Agent Evra has been buttering him up over the past few days. Done deal.

• Advertisement

tumblr_lka3ob1_J5i1qdaaw6o1_500.gifphotos upload

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

e8a.gif

George of the jungle was such a good movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A contract was signed. Rooney's ultimate loyalty is not to Man United or to Everton - it is to him and his own family. He would be a fool to ignore the money contracted to him and his family simply because its suddenly convenient to United to move him on.

i think it's been a LONG time since Rooney had to worry about money

rooney_the_rat.jpg

rooney_the_rat.jpg

Wtf is that all about :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement