Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    I presume Carrick is there as cover for CB if we get an injury to CB then he will slot in there.. Fellaini and Morgan have both been used as box to box midfielders.

there is def a spot on the bench for mkhitarayan, was the perfect game to give him some minutes,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Give me some examples of this long history of Jose buying a player in the summer, playing him and then suddenly not playing him (after injury)

There must be plenty, considering he has a long history of doing "this"

Bonus points for getting examples of players where he has already publicly explained what is happening, as in the case with Miki.

Fair enough not players he has bought over the summer, maybe Salah - think he may have been january though. Cuadrado, de bruyne, kaka , mata (chelsea days),bastian, Lukaku were always frozen out by Jose. It seems once you get on Jose's **** list, it is very hard to claw your way back(bar Mata but his situation was different).

Don't think the injury has anything to do with it because Jose has said he is training fine. I find the whole situation frustrating and bizarre. He was the signing I was most excited about over the summer. He looked great in his cameo against Hull and should never have played against City.

What is your theory on it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    there is def a spot on the bench for mkhitarayan, was the perfect game to give him some minutes,

There is obviously a bigger issue there stopping him playing than "Fel needs the bench space"....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There is obviously a bigger issue there stopping him playing than "Fel needs the bench space"....

bigger issue is he wont hang around when he cant even make he bench. wouldnt be surprised to see him force a move in january. lad is class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

duffman13 wrote: »
    Not a hope in hell, Dortmund have thrown a few digs Uniteds and Mkhitaryan so bridges are firmly burnt

Didn't they do something similar when Gotze left for Bayern?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Feel sorry for Valencia, he's clearly more than double hard, you could see when it happened the other night and he was in a lot of pain but played on like a boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Didn't they do something similar when Gotze left for Bayern?

Possibly but it's been a couple of years with Gotze going back. I think having a swipe at United being in the Europa League and Mkhitaryan not playing is probably not gonna endear them to United or Mkhitaryan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mkhitaryan claims he doesn't know what the fook is going on either.
    Rahul Singh ‏@forevruntd 51m51 minutes ago
    Hayrapetyan (President of the Football Federation of Armenia): "I've talked with Mkhitaryan, he also doesn’t know what Mourinho is thinking"

Rahul Singh ‏@forevruntd 49m49 minutes ago
    Ruben Hayrapetyan: “Mkhitaryan trains & is in good shape, but no one knows the reason."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mata as captain makes me happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is martial injured??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The novelty of Ibrahimovic has worn off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »

Totally agree. It's a shame having him there and Rashford stuck on the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Mata makes me happy
    FYP

What does Pogba do exactly?

What does Pogba do exactly?

professional footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It seems madness to be playing him every game at his age.Today would have been perfect time to rest him and have Rashford up top.saying that played 90mins on Wednesday as well which seemed a strange move .

Great save

yabadabado wrote: »
    It seems madness to be playing him every game at his age.Today would have been perfect time to rest him and have Rashford up top.saying that played 90mins on Wednesday as well which seemed a strange move .

its funny actually, jose says he cant play carrick much as he is 35... yet zlatan has played every game and is the very same age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

As poor as we can be, there are still passages of play in these games that we never would have seen under Van Gaal, thats worth something at least.

Should be 2 up .some decent passages of play but need to up it big time second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Nice to see them laying siege to a team, Heaton pulling off some super saves. Could get nervy if we don't make the breakthrough early in the second half though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Frustrating that its 0-0
    Heaton having one of those days ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Freak of a keeper keeping it nil nil.

Nice to see them laying siege to a team, Heaton pulling off some super saves. Could get nervy if we don't make the breakthrough early in the second half though.

Burnley you would think will drop deeper in the second half as it goes on,which will make the job even harder

Also I cant understand when a player goes down in the box like Darmian did,if the ref thinks there was no touch why not just book the player for diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Clattenburg usual **** tbh

If it isn't a foul on Darmian its a yellow for him, nothing happens though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Brad Friedel made a living with these types of performances against United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lingard is fukcing horrendous. Can't pass the ball, and keeps on moving infield allowing Burnley to crowd the centre. If that's Mourinho's instruction, Mourinho is braindead.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Frustrating that its 0-0
    Heaton having one of those days ffs

Havent seen a keeper put in a performance like this since Rick Stewart from Roy Of Rovers comics :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pogba looking decent to. I think he's looked quite good most games but if hes not doing something of major note he will have all kinds on his back.

A smaller price tag and he wouldn't be getting the stick he's getting considering how many games he's played and what's going on at the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Clattenburg usual **** tbh

If it isn't a foul on Darmian its a yellow for him, nothing happens though.

He has to be sure its a foul to give a penalty. He has to be sure its a dive to book him. Obviously he couldn't be sure of either.

titan18 wrote: »
    Lingard is fukcing horrendous. Can't pass the ball, and keeps on moving infield allowing Burnley to crowd the centre. If that's Mourinho's instruction, Mourinho is braindead.

should bring on mkhitarayan.......... oh wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yet United have looked their most dangerous while playing within the width of the 18 yard box.

Too many frothing at the mouth here.

Pogba looking decent to. I think he's looked quite good most games but if hes not doing something of major note he will have all kinds on his back.

A smaller price tag and he wouldn't be getting the stick he's getting considering how many games he's played and what's going on at the team.

His positional play has been very good today. Noticed a few times that when a cb of fb takes the ball on pogs is showing great discipline and filling the gaps. Of course if he's not putting them in from the 30 yards some will say he's been poor.

Lingard has had a decent half. Some people really annoy my hole with half arsed assessment of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Been dominating the chances, as to be expected to be honest. Really need to put them away second half.

You would expect that if we keep this up it's only a matter of time before scoring.

• Advertisement

Bring on Young. Should stretch Burnley a lot more ,Lingard isn't good enough to be a starter imo.
    It's a real pity Mickey Ryan isn't in contention for whatever reason.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lol, Jose sent off.

Mark "Look at me" Clattenburg strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Mark "Look at me" Clattenburg strikes again.

I don't know. Maybe I'm alone but I do find him to be one of the better referees.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I don't know. Maybe I'm alone but I do find him to be one of the better referees.

he is one of the best refs in the world

• Advertisement

• The football is great to watch to be fair
    Mata having a stormer creatively again
    Got to put the chances away though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Jayop wrote: »
    Lingard has had a decent half. Some people really annoy my hole with half arsed assessment of games.

He's given the ball away far too much. He's fecked up easy passes and had Burnley breaking at one point cos of it

He's given the ball away far too much. He's fecked up easy passes and had Burnley breaking at one point cos of it

He's trying to thread balls and sometimes they don't come off. Welcome to football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Cuadrado. Signed in February 2015 for £23-26 million, gone in August 2015.

Cuadrado is still a Chelsea player

We are not beating Heaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I hope this is the end of the Lingard experiment.

Surley it's only a matter of time

Some of the play around the box today has been really, really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ah here..what have we got to do to score.

Aidric wrote: »
    Ah here..what have we got to do to score.

Kill Tom Heaton it would appear

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement