Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Frustrating result but overall good performance - Heaton put in a great performance. On another day that match is a 4-0 stroll. Just not today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm gonna get drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Play Martial or Rashford up front give Ibra a rest.

We played great today jesus I dunno how didn't score bloody annoying to be missing one of our players of season so far for next game.

Uh I dunno where a fair bit back already not looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ibrahimovic is poison.

Missed sitters against Stoke and Burnley have cost us. Even when we deserved nothing against Liverpool, he missed an easy header. Same at Chelsea when we were 1-0 down.

Needs to be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sand wrote: »
    Frustrating result but overall good performance - Heaton put in a great performance. On another day that match is a 4-0 stroll. Just not today.
    Ben Mee had a great game for Burnley too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

This game

Sums it up well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

We couldn't score from 19 corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Hugely frustrating, complete dominance and coming away with a point. The only thing you could criticise about today was the lack of finishing. Felt a lot like the Stoke game.

8 points off the top is the killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I think it's time to drop Ibrahimovich.

Agreed. Give Rashford or possibly Martial a crack at striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think it's time to drop Ibrahimovich.

Drop the h at least

• Advertisement

• A dose of man flu and the most frustrating game I have watched in a very long time....
    Hot Whiskeys or Hot Port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

There will be plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but there isn't really much to be said about that. We hammered them, we should have 3 points, but we don't.

Taken in isolation people would just shrug their shoulders and move on, but because of other dropped points this will become a crisis. It isn't though.

I do hope Jose takes Zlatan out of the team soon though, this is not the way a player like that should be utilized.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

J. Marston wrote: »
    1 league win in 7. We're done.

Don't know if I'd go as far as "We're done."

The results have been poor and but with Swansea and West Ham both struggling in the league they are must win games next month.

Worrying result alright but the league is not decided in October. Plenty of football left, but we do need to improve.

Goals still seem a problem. 1 goal in last 4 games. We need someone to hit some great scoring form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Played some good stuff to be fair. So much poor finishing though and a few good saves from the keeper.

Sending off changed the game and even then we should have won it. Ibra was just so ****ing wasteful.

Rooney and Memphis were horrendous when they came on.

Pogbas best game in a Utd shirt so far for me. He showed real composure when it was called for and flashes of brilliance.

Having said all that it's another horrendous result. We are drifting further and further from the top 4. Not beating Burnley and Stoke at home is unforgivable. The Stoke result was so much more annoying but this result could be oh so more damaging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

top 4 is going to be a struggle at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    A dose of man flu and the most frustrating game I have watched in a very long time....

Whiskey by the bottle Mick

No need for the glass

1 league win in 7. We're done.

Come back tomorrow and read you're post.
    You might reconsider it.

bangkok wrote: »
    top 4 is going to be a struggle at this rate

Things will turn,they have to if the team keeps playing like that and creating the chances.

Tom heaton wont be in goals every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Great performance let down by some awful shooting. We allowed Heaton to get a hand on all our chances and that shouldn't happen at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

A dose of man flu and the most frustrating game I have watched in a very long time....

Whiskey, i think Port is very sweet. Need something strong to get over that game

edgecutter wrote: »
    Great performance let down by some awful shooting. We allowed Heaton to get a hand on all our chances and that shouldn't happen at all.

The only one he didnt save was Mata's one off the post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

36 attempts at goal,that's about 33 more than what we'd have under LVG and no goals.Should have ended 6 or 7 nil.

Need to give Rashford ad Martial a go up top. Ibra and Rooney both look like they need to retire.

Terrible subs and also not helped by the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Things will turn,they have to if the team keeps playing like that and creating the chances.

Tom heaton wont be in goals every week

We were down as having had 35 shots on goal, 19 corners. Heaton made 11 saves, of which at least half were straight forward saves you'd expect any keeper to save. Heaton's a good keeper but he's not an elite keeper tbh. We were very poor in front of goal, and no matter what keeper we're up against, will struggle to score if we convert chances like that

zerks wrote: »
    36 attempts at goal,that's about 33 more than what we'd have under LVG and no goals.Should have ended 6 or 7 nil.

That's what is very encouraging. That and also the creativity between the 18 yard box, something we haven't seen in a long time.

Utd battered them really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

adox wrote: »
    You might reconsider it.

He won't. He's been incredibly negative about all things United recently. If I had to guess, I'd say he was very unhappy with the Mourinho appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

we were useless in front of goal. Could have done with Ronaldo, lethal, another hat trick today

39D8964F00000578-3885338-image-a-66_1477756728978.jpg

bangkok wrote: »
    we were useless in front of goal. Could have done with Ronaldo, lethal, another hat trick today

I think most of us today could have done better today.

Still couldn't believe he got a yellow for that and then John Flanagan doesn't get a caution for a blatant hand ball.

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    We were down as having had 35 shots on goal, 19 corners. Heaton made 11 saves, of which at least half were straight forward saves you'd expect any keeper to save. Heaton's a good keeper but he's not an elite keeper tbh. We were very poor in front of goal, and no matter what keeper we're up against, will struggle to score if we convert chances like that

Have to agree really. Heaton made some great saves at time but we were very wasteful also. Like many said it was promising to see that many chances made but it was so disappointing that we failed to convert on them.

When you create 30+ chances and have nearly 20 corners and fail to score, you really have to be upset/disappointed with your finishing.

Nobody seems to be in a scoring form which is the worrying part for us. Really need someone to step up and start getting a run of games scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

adox wrote: »
    You might reconsider it.

I won't. We're 8 points off top and 5 points off fourth. You can says it's only October to that but look at the top 5, each team is significantly better than United.

I won't. We're 8 points off top and 5 points off fourth. You can says it's only October to that but look at the top 5, each team is significantly better than United.

This is the problem here, we cant seem to kick on at all. We look likely to continue to drop points more than anyone throughout the season.

Rather disingenuous there, he clearly catches him

https://my.mixtape.moe/bvawar.mp4

titan18 wrote: »
    Rather disingenuous there, he clearly catches him

https://my.mixtape.moe/bvawar.mp4

He tried to stop but slipped and his momentum carried him forward.As usual Clattenburg wants to be the centre of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

He tried to stop but slipped and his momentum carried him forward.As usual Clattenburg wants to be the centre of attention.

Maybe he'll get another tattoo to commemorate this occasion for himself

12 attempts alone from Zlatan,at least we can't say he's hiding.Some of his interplay was a joy to behold.None of the bollix of last season of a striker getting the ball and the first instinct is to play it wide.

• zerks wrote: »
    12 attempts alone from Zlatan,at least we can't say he's hiding.Some of his interplay was a joy to behold.None of the bollix of last season of a striker getting the ball and the first instinct is to play it wide.

He needs to put the ball in the net though zerks
    His all round play was good but needs to be a complete performance
    He missed a sitter a the end

The first one where mata put him through and he didn't take it around the keeper was the worst.

We can say he's not hiding in regards to he's having chances but in his last 6 PL games Zlatan has had 35 shots, 0 goals and 0 assists.

I love him but I'm sorry that is very poor form from our main striker and the centre forward in our formation. If it was any other player we would be giving out more. He needs to start scoring or see himself dropped to the bench for a spell and someone else given a chance up front.

• Advertisement

True,I suppose my point is other players would drop deep and not even take on a shot or header.Even so,as you say he really should have scored at least 2.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    We can say he's not hiding in regards to he's having chances but in his last 6 PL games Zlatan has had 35 shots, 0 goals and 0 assists.

I love him but I'm sorry that is very poor form from our main striker and the centre forward in our formation. If it was any other player we would be giving out more. He needs to start scoring or see himself dropped to the bench for a spell and someone else given a chance up front.

Play Rooney..................................................not.

Martial should be given a run up top on Thursday night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Faria: "I just want to say fantastic work from the referee"

So that will be him banned from the touchline next game too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Imagine the fun chicarito would of had there today:( :( I hate lvg

Rashford should be given the shot up front with Mata behind him.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Imagine the fun chicarito would of had there today:( :( I hate lvg

Would have probably put 3 past them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Mata middle, miki out the right and either material or rashford in the left or front striker role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'd gladly leave out the interplay though and much prefer to see him putting the ball in the net. The sitter he missed at the end was completely unforgivable. I think he has 1 goal in the last 10 games in all competitions and that's not good enough at this level. At 35 years old, to me it looks like he's lost a half a second in reaction time and it's contributed to some of his misses in recent weeks. I loved his signing but I think the intensity of the PL is turning out not to be ideal for a player of his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

edgecutter wrote: »
    Ibra and Rooney both look like they need to retire.

Not so fast, lets try and sell Rooney to the likes of LA Galaxy for €50 million, or to the Chinese for €100 million before we let him retire..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

At 35 years old, to me it looks like he's lost a half a second in reaction time and it's contributed to some of his misses in recent weeks. I loved his signing but I think the intensity of the PL is turning out not to be ideal for a player of his age.

And there should be absolutely nothing surprising about this. Why he is playing every minute of every game is a definite criticism for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement