Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I was up to speed on things in them Moyes lvg going go on here, not so much now work has taken over. Doc not picking ya out, on ya here, I respect your thoughts just finding things very funny with your posting regards new manager being out the loop alot lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

TheDoc wrote: »
    Won't traipse over what is likely already to be well covered ground.

But at the end of the day all of it(which you've likely covered) it just another excuse for dropping points against weak opposition.

Another absolutely pathetic result from a pathetic set of players, who seemingly are totally unaware, and not being made aware, of the legacy they are destroying which took two decades to build. While I wouldn't blame Mourinho at all for today, bar his ridiculous sending off, and someone needs to have a word with him, I'm seeing absolutely nothing to display why we replaced Van Gaal, nothing.

And that could be a damning as anything.

You after the Chelsea game.

Quote by theDoc
    This dinosaur thinking of when you lose you storm home walk past your kids to bedroom pull the curtains and think about what you have done needs to stop. That's not dedication or passion that is a clear personality issue with those people. It's a game. Get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »

And he was still taken off for fellaini. Crazy

Yeah, that was crazy alright!!! Want that fella gone ASAP. He "can do job" "do what is asked of him" what can he not do what another midfielder can is the question..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ibra for fellaini would have made a bit more sence

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

A few rumbles? Pretty much everybody has said that Zlatan has been poor and needs to come out of the team, everybody has pointed the finger at him and quite rightly put the blame on the chances he has missed.

Nobody has overlooked it, multiple people have posted it.

Alright maybe I exaggerated in saying only a few rumbles were said after his miss, since some commented about him being dropped, but in terms of the point I was making I would describe it as rumbles. My comment you quoted was saying how I found it funny that even when playing very little of the game Rooney was still being criticised by some posters. Surely you would have to agree that had Rooney made that miss there would be post upon post of people complaining and calling for him to be dropped.

I certainly would disagree with your opinion that pretty much everyone has been critical of his form and would be looking at him possibly being dropped. Sure the most thanked post about him after the game was the following:
    zerks wrote: »
    12 attempts alone from Zlatan,at least we can't say he's hiding.Some of his interplay was a joy to behold.None of the bollix of last season of a striker getting the ball and the first instinct is to play it wide.

Anyway, hopefully Zlatan can start finding the net, but if he doesn't soon I don't see how he keeps his place in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Obsessives are still talking about us

Until the bar is past that is the way things will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

25 years of hurt will do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I dont mind a bit of slagging tbh, good to keep one grounded.

What I find rather amusing is despite the wealth of stuff that could be aimed at us, there are a couple of people that still have to resort to making things up to try and have a pop.

Truth be told, it shows a staggering lack of intellect and wit. Its a sure fire Darwin Award indicator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The worry is we're very close to killing our top 4 chances, lose or draw against Swansea and we'll need to maintain title winning form until the end of the season just to break 80 points which will probably only guarantee a top 4 spot this year looking at the top few teams.

Quickly becoming an uphill battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Like the Stoke game, we were very unlucky. One thing I will say about Zlatan he's getting himself into the right positions so you have to think the goals will come. Like the team, I do think luck hasn't been on his side of late when it comes to goals return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Obsessives are still talking about laughing at us

Fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Would love to see Martial and Rashford play up front, running in behind defences, sheer pace and good finishers . Rooney and Ibra are not the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fixed.

So, still focused on us then yeah?

I understand you would like to wallow in some self pity and complete negativity but to borrow a phrase from Ashley Young marlo-stanfield.jpg

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It goes with the territory lads, suck it up. We have had plenty of laughs over the last 2 decades, it's their turn for now.

The usual crowd that whinge their little eyes out when it's the other way around giving it loads now, their posts don't count. You don't give them a second thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

Don't forget, MOTD is repeated @ 7.35am on BBC 1 in case anyone missed it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I know Pogba is getting abuse but I must say he is an incredible crosser of the ball. He should really have more assists. He whips a great ball in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The worry is we're very close to killing our top 4 chances, lose or draw against Swansea and we'll need to maintain title winning form until the end of the season just to break 80 points which will probably only guarantee a top 4 spot this year looking at the top few teams.

Quickly becoming an uphill battle.

Swansea are awful. I wouldn't worry about that game. there's a few banana skin games coming after but I'd say focus should be on winning next 5 games. Win all these and outlook will be very different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

8-10 wrote: »
    Swansea are awful. I wouldn't worry about that game. there's a few banana skin games coming after but I'd say focus should be on winning next 5 games. Win all these and outlook will be very different.

Obviously like, but the fact that we've only won 4 in 10 doesn't exactly inspire confidence!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

their posts don't count.

Don't count where? How does that work?

will anything extra happen to Mourinho btw after being sent to the stands while being charged with misconduct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,766 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

mewe wrote: »
    Like the Stoke game, we were very unlucky. One thing I will say about Zlatan he's getting himself into the right positions so you have to think the goals will come. Like the team, I do think luck hasn't been on his side of late when it comes to goals return.

Yeah, Torres was great in getting into the right positions as well!

Of all the people to blame for yesterday, the most lies with him. He had a clear cut chance, and fluffed it again.

We were totally dominant yet he failed to deliver.

That is his job, the one he is being paid a huge amount to do.

We now have a 300k aw who is only just about getting on the bench, and another 200k+ who can't fecking score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just watched MOTD. Not a worrying performance, just unlucky.

But Mourinho's sending off was stupid. Clear dive by Darmian and he get's himself send to the stands.

I imagine that has to some impact on how the team play.

Good performance but that was silly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gosplan wrote: »

But Mourinho's sending off was stupid. Clear dive by Darmian and he get's himself send to the stands.

I think we played better in the second half, up to the red card. Between the start of the half and that moment, we were laying siege in a massive way, and a goal was creeping closer and closer.

But going down to 10 and that forcing us to drop our #10....that was the turning point :/ We still got a few chances, and Ibra's miss at the end was unforgivable, but it all changed when we got the red. :/

As I said yesterday, not frustrated by the match in isolation, but by the overall context of our league form. Ibra has been the cause of us dropping points imo; the tactics have been spot on in 90% of matches, defence and midfield are doing their bits (lets ignore the Chelsea match for now...), but he's letting us down by missing chances being served to him on an absolute platter.

I'm not overly worried about top 4 chances yet; we're still only 5 points behind 4th, and 8 off 1st-3rd. In October thats nothing; City were five clear of everyone else recently, and that evaporated in a matter of days. If Ibra had scored one of the sitters against Stoke and Burnley, we're 4 points better off and right on everyone's tails.

But we really, really need to kick on our finishing in a massive way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

In the context of the modern game where any contact in the box is a penalty that should have been given. The defender left his leg out and Darmian threw himself over it. Not the way I like to see the game being played but in the 'spirit' of football now contact = penalty.

Apart from all this I thought Darmian was very impressive yesterday.

There's always a hilarious new thread when United pick up a bad result :pac:
    #Zlatan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

A lot of OTT reactions going on here.

Augero the best striker in the world was on a serious goal drought until yesterday and no one blinked an eye lid. Ibra is a 35 yr old, playing in a new team in a new league. People seem to forget this because he scored a few goals early on and he's well ibra. Although his confidence doesn't seem to be at the highest at the moment he's constantly offering himself up for the ball and continuing to try to score.

To be fair to him there was only one chance yesterday where it was inexcusable for him not to score although this could be argued.

You can't walk away from yesterdays game and complain about performance, disappointing for sure. For me more lays at Jose's door. Although I believe it was a pen getting sent into the stands at this stage did no good especially lf he's there for future games.

Taking Mata off was a mistake. You could argue for it in a "normal" game but as Burnley were going to offer up nothing 10 men or not. Mata was the best player on the pitch and should have stayed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Apart from his stupid shot near the end,I felt Rojo actually played well at CB. At full back he's a liability though.
    As for Rooney, he came on fresh and the first thing he did was fall over the ball and gave it away. It's depressing watching him do stuff like this. I was hoping the rest would have helped him and he'd have a positive effect on our attacks but he defaulted to the usual nothing sideways safe passes.

Decuc500 wrote: »
    In the context of the modern game where any contact in the box is a penalty that should have been given. The defender left his leg out and Darmian threw himself over it. Not the way I like to see the game being played but in the 'spirit' of football now contact = penalty.

Apart from all this I thought Darmian was very impressive yesterday.

Yeah, fully agree.

Darmian just needed to be less obvious about it.

Penalty decisions are all over the place at the moment though.

Alexis Sanchez yesterday had a clear one denied.

Huth had a rediculous one given against him.

I feel that Darmian could have had one but any doubt in the refs mind would have been hugely exaggerated by him throwing his legs back and dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That was never a penalty for Darmian. I reckon he should have been booked to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

That was never a penalty for Darmian. I reckon he should have been booked to be honest.

Going the the refs these days anything could be a penalty. Definitely would have been soft but it wouldn't have surprised me if it was given.

Stuck a leg out nowhere near the ball and caught the player, penalty all day long for me. How the player reacts is irrelevant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is something that I actually hate about referees nowadays.

Darmian is flat on the ground. Either it's a penalty (he's gone to ground cause there's contact) or it's a dive (he's gone to ground with no contact). If it's a dive, then it's a yellow.

The amount of refs who stick their fingers in their ears and just decide to pretend it didn't happen, so as to get out of making a tough decision, is really crazy. But it's one or the other. As a ref, you shouldn't get to walk away without making that judgement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Zlatan not crafty enough. He gets the ball and shoots . Needs to use his skill to swing ,turn and hit the target ,not the last man .

Stuck a leg out nowhere near the ball and caught the player, penalty all day long for me. How the player reacts is irrelevant.

But it's not a non contact sport.

Touching a player is irrelevant. You have to impede them. This is all AFAIK by the way.

Darmian just dropped. He didn't show that he was impeded at all.

A striker as opposed to a defender probably would have won the penalty. Darmian's just not good at that.

Nonetheless, my original point was that it's a fairly silly thing to get sent to the stands over.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This is something that I actually hate about referees nowadays.

Darmian is flat on the ground. Either it's a penalty (he's gone to ground cause there's contact) or it's a dive (he's gone to ground with no contact). If it's a dive, then it's a yellow.

The amount of refs who stick their fingers in their ears and just decide to pretend it didn't happen, so as to get out of making a tough decision, is really crazy. But it's one or the other. As a ref, you shouldn't get to walk away without making that judgement...

If he is not 100 percent sure he can't give a yellow. I have seen it 7 or 8 times and I still don't know was it a pen.

But it's not a non contact sport.

Touching a player is irrelevant. You have to impede them. This is all AFAIK by the way.

Darmian just dropped. He didn't show that he was impeded at all.

A striker as opposed to a defender probably would have won the penalty. Darmian's just not good at that.

Nonetheless, my original point was that it's a fairly silly thing to get sent to the stands over.

If you stick a leg out to take someone down when you can't get the ball, expect a whistle against you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

niallo27 wrote: »
    If he is not 100 percent sure he can't give a yellow. I have seen it 7 or 8 times and I still don't know was it a pen.

But it's either a foul or a dive. There is no middle ground. That's why he got Herrera's second yellow right. It was an accident but he still did catch the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The argument that it is either a penalty or a dive is extremely flawed

• Advertisement

FatherTed wrote: »
    But it's either a foul or a dive. There is no middle ground. That's why he got Herrera's second yellow right. It was an accident but he still did catch the player.

I don't think it is a player can get caught without it being a pen. I don't think he wanted to double punish utd by giving a yellow as well. Refs have to be given some latitude within the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Darmian definitely could have, and should have, stayed on his feet. The contact was definitely not enough to warrant a penalty and it's debatable whether it even happened inside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I think we need to target a top class striker in the summer. Mourhino obviously doesnt trust Rashford or Martial for the job and Rooney and ibra will be well past it for next season.
    What top class striker we can obtain is a difficult one.!!!. Maybe Grizeman an be got and play him there
    Maybe Kane or Lukaka might be the answer. Both have age on there side and we would get 4-5 years out of them.
    I would think both would have had a hat-trick yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That poster who opened Zlatan thread keeps the tradition of opening up stupid threads for stupid reasons I see.

That poster who opened Zlatan thread keeps the tradition of opening up stupid threads for stupid reasons I see.

??? Im going through the threads he started on soccer and don't really see a problem
    but hey go to your teams thread to have a lil bitch with the guys about something you don't like.

BMMachine wrote: »
    ??? Im going through the threads he started on soccer and don't really see a problem
    but hey go to your teams thread to have a lil bitch with the guys about something you don't like.

Yeah he said that poster keeps up the tradition not that poster started the tradition but hey, go into the United thread for a hypocritical "little victory" eh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

7 points off 4th now, may as well be 8 with the goal difference :(

Yeah he said that poster keeps up the tradition not that poster started the tradition but hey, go into the United thread for a hypocritical "little victory" eh...

02b.jpg

but yeah my mistake. My post doesn't count Fred, you can cross it off on the little on going league in your head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

xtal191 wrote: »
    7 points off 4th now, may as well be 8 with the goal difference :(

If we manage to claw those points back, the GD will look much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

November in two days is it time for potential window shopping of new recruits yet. Schweinsteiger and Mkhitaryan may as well be given a run out at this stage or will they stay off radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Chelsea 10 points better off after 10 games Utd 5 points worse off
    The mourihno effect

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement