Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we only play half as well against Swansea and improve just a touch on our finishing like last week, we will win with few to spare.

Easier said on message fourm though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So how much more money do we need to spunk away before we're back to a team that's gonna win things then?

It's obviously not that simple though!?

Just say for example we finish outside the top 5 this season do we keep blaming the manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

So how much more money do we need to spunk away before we're back to a team that's gonna win things then?

It's obviously not that simple though!?

Just say for example we finish outside the top 5 this season do we keep blaming the manager?

Stick with Jose I'd say but the squad has issues.

In need of a CB, RB, DM, a Hazard/Silva/Coutinho type (who can take ball from midfield and either dribble or slide a pass through)* and a top striker who won't be 36 next season.

Quality players in those positions don't grow on trees and will they sign for united over others if we don't make champions league again?

*Maybe Miki will be the man there but he needs to get playing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Stick with Jose I'd say but the squad has issues.

In need of a CB, RB, DM, a Hazard/Silva/Coutinho type (who can take ball from midfield and either dribble or slide a pass through)* and a top striker who won't be 36 next season.

Quality players in those positions don't grow on trees and will they sign for united over others if we don't make champions league again?

*Maybe Miki will be the man there but he needs to get playing!

I think there's a deeper problem there coming from someone or something. It seems to of went off the wall since Fergie left.

It kinda has a feeling of when the teacher left the classroom everyone used to go mental and trash the place..... Once there was someone there who knew how to how everyone in line and paper over the issues everything got by somehow.

No amount of money is going to sort that as long as certain influences hang over the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ronaldo wants a 5 year deal from real, at 32 no way will they offer it to him imo after the bale deal..

if ever it happens now is the time to bring Ronnie home give him a good deal. he is an absolute athlete 37 is definitely doable for him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Traveling squad for Fenerbache has been announced. Mkhitaryan, Martial and Jones are in. Smalling, Memphis and Carrick are out. http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Nov/travelling-squad-confirmed-for-manchester-united-ahead-of-fenerbahce-trip.aspx

United squad: De Gea, Romero, Johnstone; Blind, Jones, Darmian, Fosu-Mensah, Rojo, Shaw; Fellaini, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Mata, Pogba, Schneiderlin, Young; Ibrahimovic, Martial, Rashford, Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can't wait for Jones to look solid for 45 minutes and not be seen for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ronaldo wants a 5 year deal from real, at 32 no way will they offer it to him imo after the bale deal..

if ever it happens now is the time to bring Ronnie home give him a good deal. he is an absolute athlete 37 is definitely doable for him
    I think it would be great if Ronaldo went home & played his final years at Sporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think it would be great if Ronaldo went home & played his final years at Sporting.

Good try. Top marks for effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

MD1990 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I swear to God, every year is "the time to bring him home" :P

He's not necessarily what we need. But by God, is he what I want...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Traveling squad for Fenerbache has been announced. Mkhitaryan, Martial and Jones are in. Smalling, Memphis and Carrick are out. http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Nov/travelling-squad-confirmed-for-manchester-united-ahead-of-fenerbahce-trip.aspx

United squad: De Gea, Romero, Johnstone; Blind, Jones, Darmian, Fosu-Mensah, Rojo, Shaw; Fellaini, Herrera, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Mata, Pogba, Schneiderlin, Young; Ibrahimovic, Martial, Rashford, Rooney.

Just resigned at this point to Memphis going in January. And wish him all the best. An immense talent that I certainly hope makes us look absolutely foolish for not giving him more patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just resigned at this point to Memphis going in January. And wish him all the best. An immense talent that I certainly hope makes us look absolutely foolish for not giving him more patience.

You want results now and you also want penitence to be given to a player who's not making the most of any opportunity given to him.

Fans difficult to please? My arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

He has done very little to show he's an immense talent. If he did leave in January I wouldn't be too downbeat about it going on what he has shown so far at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I still think we have a squad good enough to finish in the top 4 at least. i think the main problem is we have players that dont suit the managers chosen style of play/formation. i think this happened with lvg and now jose. i think to get the best out of these players i think a tweak to the formation is needed.

Jose had long enough in the summer to get the players he wanted and clearly saw that he wanted to the signings he completed.

We have a good enough squad to win the league, never mind top 4

crkball6 wrote: »
    You want results now and you also want penitence to be given to a player who's not making the most of any opportunity given to him.

Fans difficult to please? My arse.

He's not been given an opportunity, to call hes game time this season as an "opportunity" is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think it's a stretch to assume someone like Memphis would get some gametime in Europa league and domestic cups, which thus far he has had a half against Northampton.

Pretty much everything else cannot be classified as an opportunity. It's ridiculous to even suggest he is getting a fair crack at the whip.

BenK wrote: »
    He has done very little to show he's an immense talent. If he did leave in January I wouldn't be too downbeat about it going on what he has shown so far at United.

Erm, I guess maybe that stuff he did to make us pay £20m+ might have been a little indicator?

He's not been given an opportunity, to call hes game time this season as an "opportunity" is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think it's a stretch to assume someone like Memphis would get some gametime in Europa league and domestic cups, which thus far he has had a half against Northampton.

Pretty much everything else cannot be classified as an opportunity. It's ridiculous to even suggest he is getting a fair crack at the whip.

With how average all wingers/forwards have been he should have been given a lot more chances same with carrick and morgan and of of micki

I'm not suggesting he's getting a fair crack at the whip but when he's been given anything he's not made the most of it.

He looked lack luster strolls around like he hasn't a care in the world. Not strong on the ball.

If you get the last 90 seconds in a game you should bust a gut in that 90 seconds and show at every chance you want to play, that you care. He doesn't do this.

If he trains like he plays then it's not surprising he's not getting chances.

My point to you is you demand results now, you're not willing to wait. But at the same time you want players in the team who are not making the most of the chances regardless how little to be given even more time to waltz around.

It's like many others saying I'd love to see X and Y up front like we're playing friendly matches each week and the same people then jump up and down complaining the managers making the wrong decisions.

We don't have the luxury at the moment to be "testing" or "trying" Jose needs to put out each week 11 players he can trust completely. Memph is not behaving like one of those players in the small chances he gets and I'm assuming he's not showing it in training.

• Advertisement

crkball6 wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting he's getting a fair crack at the whip but when he's been given anything he's not made the most of it.
    What would constitute "making the most" of a 10 min,15min or 5 min cameo in games? For a winger. A goal, and assist? Run around and "graft"?
    He looked lack luster strolls around like he hasn't a care in the world.
    This is a nonsense myth that has latched on. Martial was just as slack last season but no one cared as he was scoring, confident and doing well. So either we are going to properly criticise our wide players for not "grafting" all the time, or we can stop using it as a stick to beat Memphis with.

In his most recent appearance, ten minutes against Burnley, he showed plenty of aptitude for "running a lot".
    Not strong on the ball.
    Yah he's so weak

790820ab5a034198819beef83023d9ee.jpg
    If you get the last 90 seconds in a game you should bust a gut in that 90 seconds and show at every chance you want to play, that you care. He doesn't do this.
    OK so some more nonsense. So crazy **** man, but players get instructions when they play from the manager, and substitutes get instructions also. Crazy I know. But unfortunately when Memphis gets his little cameos, which recently was even up front, he's not supposed to be chasing the ball over the pitch.

He's an attacking player and an outball, and the piddly minutes he has come on, he's been playing as that outball. And in fairness to him, plenty of instances of him tracking back and working hard. But keep perpetrating the myth. Cause it's so evidently clear Memphis doesn't care.
    If he trains like he plays then it's not surprising he's not getting chances.
    Why do I keep feeling the need to deal with this myth. If there was actually an issue with his attitude or aptitude in training, he would have been gone in the summer. Even our snakey leak doesn't ever mention about Memphis work ethic, by all accounts he works extremely hard in training.
    My point to you is you demand results now, you're not willing to wait. But at the same time you want players in the team who are not making the most of the chances regardless how little to be given even more time to waltz around.
    What are you even dribbling? It's the Europa league, in a group we should cake walk. It's ridiculous he is not in the squad. And it's ridiculous he doesn't get gametime in the league cup. And what the **** knows will happen with the FA Cup.

Of course I don't expect him to start in the league at the moment, but I expect him to get some chances. Rashford clearly flagging, MArtial been all out of sorts, what is there to actually lose giving him a proper chance?

I'm not demanding anything of the Europa league or domestic cups, so don't know what you are on about. And as you say there are no friendlies,so you need to use matches to test things out, and what better way in competition. Like this really shouldn't need explaining.....

Erm, I guess maybe that stuff he did to make us pay £20m+ might have been a little indicator?

No need to be smart. Just because United paid what they paid doesn't really mean a whole lot. They paid for potential that has so far failed to work out.

He performed very well in the Dutch league (which is a while ago now at this stage), as have plenty of other players who have failed to work out at even mediocre premier league clubs.

I'd be reluctant to completely write him off just yet but I think he's been a big disappointment at United.

The only other suggestion which you might like is, Jose is clearly a bad manager.

He's not capable of seeing Mephis blow everyone else away in training be so strong he can lean back into two players on the by-line and all these other talents that are so obvious to you.

We need to hire a manager who can see the "real" memphy and find the formation that will lead him to winning us a treble.

No need to be smart. Just because United paid what they paid doesn't really mean a whole lot. They paid for potential that has so far failed to work out.

He performed very well in the Dutch league (which is a while ago now at this stage), as have plenty of other players who have failed to work out at even mediocre premier league clubs.

I'd be reluctant to completely write him off just yet but I think he's been a big disappointment at United.

But it's as if people just totally forget the good performances he did have under Van Gaal at times, and the clear flashes he shows of what can come if afforded the chances.

I just don't understand why Memphis gets such a rough ride, apart from it being a clear case of a)This myth of his attitude being allowed to form as fact and b) people being just a touch ridiculous linking the car he drives to his attitude.

Basically it all just seems that people are hung up on rumours from last year about his attitude which makes no sense.

I could literally form the same arguments about Martial and you would laugh me out the thread. But they would be based in the same realms and hold weight, but because there isn't a perception of issue with attitude with Martial, I'd be laughed at.

I think it's a bit mental how quickly people wrote Memphis off if I'm honest.

But it's as if people just totally forget the good performances he did have under Van Gaal at times, and the clear flashes he shows of what can come if afforded the chances.

I just don't understand why Memphis gets such a rough ride, apart from it being a clear case of a)This myth of his attitude being allowed to form as fact and b) people being just a touch ridiculous linking the car he drives to his attitude.

Basically it all just seems that people are hung up on rumours from last year about his attitude which makes no sense.

I could literally form the same arguments about Martial and you would laugh me out the thread. But they would be based in the same realms and hold weight, but because there isn't a perception of issue with attitude with Martial, I'd be laughed at.

I think it's a bit mental how quickly people wrote Memphis off if I'm honest.

It's about performances for me, not attitude, or apparent attitude. I honestly couldn't care less about what clothes he wears, cars he drives etc. He gets a rough ride for the most part because he has simply disappointed.

The reason Martial doesn't get the same criticism about his attitude (not getting into whether it appears to be a good or bad attitude) is because he has performed well for the most part. The other stuff just doesn't come into it when a player is performing.

In my view Martial has offered far more than Memphis has to date. Hopefully he can kick on though and take any more chances he might get.

What would constitute "making the most" of a 10 min,15min or 5 min cameo in games? For a winger. A goal, and assist? Run around and "graft"?

Whatever the situation demands at the time. What I don't expect is Rooney to come from behind you to close down a man who is in front of you for example.
    This is a nonsense myth that has latched on. Martial was just as slack last season but no one cared as he was scoring, confident and doing well. So either we are going to properly criticise our wide players for not "grafting" all the time, or we can stop using it as a stick to beat Memphis with.

I don't think Martial graph's enough and a lot of the time I don't like his attitude either. You're right all players should be held to the same standard. I've no problem with that.
    In his most recent appearance, ten minutes against Burnley, he showed plenty of aptitude for "running a lot".

Really? Rooney had to come from behind him to close a man down.
    Rojo then had to tell him who was his man to close down (on his side of the wing) As it looked like he was expecting Rojo to do. Lack luster.

OK so some more nonsense. So crazy **** man, but players get instructions when they play from the manager, and substitutes get instructions also. Crazy I know. But unfortunately when Memphis gets his little cameos, which recently was even up front, he's not supposed to be chasing the ball over the pitch.

He is suppose to know who to close down and go and do it though.
    He's an attacking player and an outball, and the piddly minutes he has come on, he's been playing as that outball. And in fairness to him, plenty of instances of him tracking back and working hard. But keep perpetrating the myth. Cause it's so evidently clear Memphis doesn't care.

Rashford is been used as an attacking player...an outball.
    how would you compare the two's attitude?

Do you think Rashford stands waltzes around the place thinking "I'm an outball, I don't chase people around"

What are you even dribbling? It's the Europa league, in a group we should cake walk. It's ridiculous he is not in the squad. And it's ridiculous he doesn't get gametime in the league cup. And what the **** knows will happen with the FA Cup.

This is your teenage 90's dream again. We'd no right to cake walk anything. As Fey showed us. We're not in a privileged situation anymore where can say it's "just" this cup or "just" that cup after 3 yrs of mediocrity we need to get back a winning mentality we need to build that up everywhere in every competition in every game.
    Of course I don't expect him to start in the league at the moment, but I expect him to get some chances. Rashford clearly flagging, MArtial been all out of sorts, what is there to actually lose giving him a proper chance?

I'm not demanding anything of the Europa league or domestic cups, so don't know what you are on about. And as you say there are no friendlies,so you need to use matches to test things out, and what better way in competition. Like this really shouldn't need explaining.....

If Jose wants to win them which to be fair to him it looks like he does then he's going to put out teams he trusts to win them, if Memph is not getting in then he's simply not displaying at least to Jose that he can trust him

Do you think Jose just reads forums all day, decides that he's just lazy because other people say so and then don't give him a chance? Is there a conspiracy I'm missing ?

You've latched onto an example there twice of Memphis not closing down I assume against Burnley.

You are aware he came on as a second striker alongside Zlatan? In what world are we expecting, when trying to score, our striker tracking back to the left back position?

It's about performances for me, not attitude, or apparent attitude. I honestly couldn't care less about what clothes he wears, cars he drives etc. He gets a rough ride for the most part because he has simply disappointed.

The reason Martial doesn't get the same criticism about his attitude (not getting into whether it appears to be a good or bad attitude) is because he has performed well for the most part. The other stuff just doesn't come into it when a player is performing.

In my view Martial has offered far more than Memphis has to date. Hopefully he can kick on though and take any more chances he might get.

But this could be said for so many of our players, yet the patience seems so much less with Memphis. And I strongly believe it is based on this myth about this attitude.

I've been somewhat surprised at the general lack of enthusiasm for him, and lack of support. Too many far too quickly throwing him into the trash heap, when hes a player our fanbase should absolutely love and crave.

And so many appeared to be afforded the clean slate post Van Gaal, bar Memphis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You've latched onto an example there twice of Memphis not closing down I assume against Burnley.

You are aware he came on as a second striker alongside Zlatan? In what world are we expecting, when trying to score, our striker tracking back to the left back position?

One where we are down to ten men and the other striker is 35?

• Advertisement

I latched on to it because you brought up the burnley game.

It happened after everyone was back for a free kick. I don't see what your point has to do with anything

When there's a player in front of you with the ball, I don't care what position you're "suppose" to be in you close that ball down. You shouldn't have another striker coming from behind you to close it down for you.

You can defend him all you like for last year, there's no defense for the examples I gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I think Memphis is going to fall down in the respect that he is a wide attacking talent who perhaps can't do the same shift the likes of Rashford do when Jose decides to play like he did against Liverpool. Say, Rashford can do the job in the job in the Burnley type games where we dominate and are on the attack as well as doing the auxillary left back job versus Liverpool and Chelsea. Memphis can't be trusted to do the second. Joses penchant for working with smaller squads and consistent first elevens then means Memphis is of limited use to him so he may well be cut loose.
    I have a great fear that Martial will end up in the same boat as Memphis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

But this could be said for so many of our players, yet the patience seems so much less with Memphis. And I strongly believe it is based on this myth about this attitude.

I've been somewhat surprised at the general lack of enthusiasm for him, and lack of support. Too many far too quickly throwing him into the trash heap, when hes a player our fanbase should absolutely love and crave.

And so many appeared to be afforded the clean slate post Van Gaal, bar Memphis.

Everyone would love for him to turn it around, it would save us having to shell out 50m on another winger but he has been poor.

His competition Martial & Rashford have actually won us football matches, it should't be to hard to see why people dont really care about Memphis.

However I agree he should have started non PL games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Memphis has shown nothing since he has been at the club to show he is worthy to be part of the squad. Another player with bags of potential, has done nothing in the game yet thinks he's a superstar

One where we are down to ten men and the other striker is 35?

And totally dominating the game with very little threat from the opposition.

Rashford didn't chase back when he moved up front? Are we to now question his attitude?

ericzeking wrote: »
    I think Memphis is going to fall down in the respect that he is a wide attacking talent who perhaps can't do the same shift the likes of Rashford do when Jose decides to play like he did against Liverpool. Say, Rashford can do the job in the job in the Burnley type games where we dominate and are on the attack as well as doing the auxillary left back job versus Liverpool and Chelsea. Memphis can't be trusted to do the second. Joses penchant for working with smaller squads and consistent first elevens then means Memphis is of limited use to him so he may well be cut loose.
    I have a great fear that Martial will end up in the same boat as Memphis.

Well it was the worry with Mourinho I pointed out before his appointment, he has a horrible track record with traditional wingers, and we have four young ones in important times in their developement.

I figured Henrik was bought to address the RW and being the finished article that wouldn't need coaching or developement. And I guess remains to be seen if he joins the long list of wrecked wide players under Mourinho :)

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Memphis has shown nothing since he has been at the club to show he is worthy to be part of the squad. Another player with bags of potential, has done nothing in the game yet thinks he's a superstar

There it is again.

I could put the same argument to you about Pogba.

Selfies to beat the band
    Attention seeking stuff on social media
    Ridiculous hair styles
    Gold covered boots
    Crazy amount of media commitments for advertising for Addidas
    Ridiculous Transfer unveiling

Is anyone putting the critique down to Pogba that maybe he should give up all his distractions and put the head down and start performing?

*To be clear I'm not, the point being it would be so easy to construct an argument to paint so many players in a negative light, based on nothing more then conjecture and a ridiculous notion about how players are supposed to behave.

For example, go have a read of Martin Samuels latest column. It's basically along the lines of "Would SAF put up with the selfies and Pogba's hair". If you read the article and find yourself nodding in acknowledgement....well....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Fair point Doc. Pogba has flattered to deceive since his transfer. Some nice bits of play here and there but nothing like the superstar he's being portrayed as. People seem far more willing to give him a chance than Memphis, who IMO needs a consistent run and a fair chance to show whether he can follow through on his potential. A cameo here and there isnt really giving him an opportunity.

KH25 wrote: »
    Fair point Doc. Pogba has flattered to deceive since his transfer. Some nice bits of play here and there but nothing like the superstar he's being portrayed as. People seem far more willing to give him a chance than Memphis, who IMO needs a consistent run and a fair chance to show whether he can follow through on his potential. A cameo here and there isnt really giving him an opportunity.

Yup.

It's incredible how easy it would be to construct something like that for so many players. But as I said, if I constructed that argument against Pogba and Martial, and I could do the same as Rashford, constructions with no real basis in reality, I'd be laughed out of the thread. Because we have seen and we believe these three players to be the real deal.

But it is a fantasy accepted as the main issue and point of failure against a player who hasn't had the breaks and as of yet proved his worth to the majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

People have given out about Pogba's performances on this thread. The original disagreement was doc saying Memphis was an immense player being potentially let go. BenK pointed out that he may have been immense in Holland but hasn't done anything in a United shirt to warrant that tag which I'm sure most people would agree with. Doc then said people are hard on Memphis because of his perceived lifestyle even though BenK already stated he didn't care about any of his off the field stuff. All bangkok did was give TheDoc ammunition to back up that part of his argument whereas most people on here I would bet don't give a shiny sh!te about his personal life and judge what he does on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

There it is again.

I could put the same argument to you about Pogba.

Selfies to beat the band
    Attention seeking stuff on social media
    Ridiculous hair styles
    Gold covered boots
    Crazy amount of media commitments for advertising for Addidas
    Ridiculous Transfer unveiling

Is anyone putting the critique down to Pogba that maybe he should give up all his distractions and put the head down and start performing?

*To be clear I'm not, the point being it would be so easy to construct an argument to paint so many players in a negative light, based on nothing more then conjecture and a ridiculous notion about how players are supposed to behave.

For example, go have a read of Martin Samuels latest column. It's basically along the lines of "Would SAF put up with the selfies and Pogba's hair". If you read the article and find yourself nodding in acknowledgement....well....

Pogba is world class and has proved that over the last 3 seasons. He has also done well since he has started in the team this season. Covers more ground than any other United player and will be a United legend.

Depay is a lazy player, awful work rate and very poor in his passing and general application. Even dropped from one of the worst Holland squads of all time and told to change his attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pogba played for Juventus at a much higher level than Memphis has. Starter in a good French team.

Pogba while hasn't delivered as much as we hoped should not be compared to Memphis at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We have a good enough squad to win the league, never mind top 4

That statement is been consistently thrown around. Ye simply do not have a squad good enough to win the league. Gaps in quality all over the pitch bar GK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

rob316 wrote: »
    That statement is been consistently thrown around. Ye simply do not have a squad good enough to win the league. Gaps in quality all over the pitch bar GK.

lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That's a profoundly poor post, like really, one of the worst posts I've ever read and I sometimes re-read my own posts.

Any of the top 5 or 6 clubs have a squad good enough to win the league. All you need to do is consistently beat the weak teams and drop as few points as possible against the good teams. Sides with much worse squads than ours have either won the league recently (Leicester) or come very close to winning it only to bottle it in the end (Liverpool), so to say that this United team don#t have the quality to win the league is pretty farcical.

mewe wrote: »
    All bangkok did was give TheDoc ammunition to back up that part of his argument whereas most people on here I would bet don't give a shiny sh!te about his personal life and judge what he does on the pitch.

Then people would probably be better served not adding in that unnecessary adjective about his work ethic and just be specific about his performance issues be it technical or tactical.

Look at bangkok, he literally just posted above doing it again. People simply can't get away from it. They've painted their own picture of him being a lazy git, and simply cant deal with the fact it has no basis in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jose on SSN now. Decision to bring him back made last Thursday. Tldr..needs bodies in the squad especially numbers for training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If he (Bastian)leaves,he'll be ready to play for new team. If he stays he could get a place in the first team depending on need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Only City have a good enough squad to win the league by your ridiculously stupid metric. Maybe Arsenal at a push.

Of all the years to post something like that, you do it in the same year that Leicester win the league with a rag-tag bunch of misfits. Well done.

Every single of the top 8 have gaps in quality. Actually you can go through every single team thats won the league and you could find gaps in quality especally in the last 5 or 6 seasons in the pl.

Dont have problem with you disagreeing, but if you are telling me players like Smalling, Shaw, Mata, Pogba,Bailey, Herrera, Martial and Zlatan would struggle to get into a team competing for the league then you're very wrong in my opinion.

"Gaps in quality all over the pitch" is what you said. You telling me none of the above would get into a Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Spurs side?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement