Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Then people would probably be better served not adding in that unnecessary adjective about his work ethic and just be specific about his performance issues be it technical or tactical.

Look at bangkok, he literally just posted above doing it again. People simply can't get away from it. They've painted their own picture of him being a lazy git, and simply cant deal with the fact it has no basis in reality.

No basis in reality?? Have you not seen him play last season? He was awful, just jogging around the place, no real effort put in, crap lazy passes to no one. Cost us points at both Chelsea and Stoke making stupid decisions. Dropped from worst Holland squad in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bangkok wrote: »
    Pogba is world class and has proved that over the last 3 seasons. He has also done well since he has started in the team this season. Covers more ground than any other United player and will be a United legend.

That is not the point. Pogba has flattered to deceive on numerous occasions since his arrival. But no one is constructing arguments that his lifestyle or his clear interest in attention seeking extravagance is linked to his form.

This is not happening because as you say, he is a recognised world class player. I could probably get a bit more anal here and highlight how his time in Italy was one of the least competitive spells that region has ever experienced, but thats being picky. Most will agree he is a top quality talent.
    Depay is a lazy player.
    Myth
    awful work rate
    Myth
    very poor in his passing and general application
    Was fine towards the start of his United career then was absolutely ripped from the squad, way too harshly and simply hasn't recoevered.
    Even dropped from one of the worst Holland squads of all time and told to change his attitude.
    Myth

Danny Blind
    “I have spoken to Memphis and while he feels fit, I’ve told him I think that it is important that he first concentrates on getting back a spot in the 18-man squad at Manchester United,”

He is Danny Blind again, after stories appeared bringing Depay's worth ethic into question while on Int Duty
    “I’m not saying anything about how he is or what he’s doing. I talk to him about that. He’s going through a tough phase. That is clear. It’s been a tough season for him, where he played less and less. That wasn’t good for his confidence and rhythm.”

The story if interested was
    ‘The squad were running a warm-up drill called ‘hoedjes,’ where the players use a set of small cones to sprint through, then turn at the final cone before heading back. The entire Dutch squad properly executed the drill, except Memphis, who turned before the final cone.’

He also rubbished the report, claiming there was no issue with his application. And sarcastically whipped that if a player mi****s a pass in training, should he question their attitude and work ethic?

I see some stories again surfacing this evening, with not even a source, outlining he was omitted from the squad for "failing to impress in training" so I'm sure we can just continue painting the picture Memphis is just a massive slacker with no work ethic.

That is not the point. Pogba has flattered to deceive on numerous occasions since his arrival. But no one is constructing arguments that his lifestyle or his clear interest in attention seeking extravagance is linked to his form.

This is not happening because as you say, he is a recognised world class player. I could probably get a bit more anal here and highlight how his time in Italy was one of the least competitive spells that region has ever experienced, but thats being picky. Most will agree he is a top quality talent.

Myth

Myth

Was fine towards the start of his United career then was absolutely ripped from the squad, way too harshly and simply hasn't recoevered.

Myth

Danny Blind

He is Danny Blind again, after stories appeared bringing Depay's worth ethic into question while on Int Duty

The story if interested was

He also rubbished the report, claiming there was no issue with his application. And sarcastically whipped that if a player mi****s a pass in training, should he question their attitude and work ethic?

I see some stories again surfacing this evening, with not even a source, outlining he was omitted from the squad for "failing to impress in training" so I'm sure we can just continue painting the picture Memphis is just a massive slacker with no work ethic.

Ok, it's all a myth, he is not lazy, he does give 100%, he should be starting week in week out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

TheDoc wrote:
    Look at bangkok, he literally just posted above doing it again. People simply can't get away from it. They've painted their own picture of him being a lazy git, and simply cant deal with the fact it has no basis in reality.

Yeah but you're saying people are saying this where as far as I can see only bangkok is saying it. He didn't do himself any favours last season with his performances but like everyone else of course he deserves a clean slate this season.

For whatever reason Mourinho has tried to use him as an impact sub this season when we've badly needed a goal. I'm not saying it's Mourinho's tactic with him but you could see how if he did come on and score that all important goal it could give him a real confidence boost and feel like he could contribute again. He hasn't had much of a chance yet this season but we've a long way to go yet and maybe Mourinho's management of him will bear fruit later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ok, it's all a myth, he is not lazy, he does give 100%, he should be starting week in week out

Strawman nonsense. No-one, literally no-one has ever suggested that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

mewe wrote: »
    Yeah but you're saying people are saying this where as far as I can see only bangkok is saying it. He didn't do himself any favours last season with his performances but like everyone else of course he deserves a clean slate this season.

For whatever reason Mourinho has tried to use him as an impact sub this season when we've badly needed a goal. I'm not saying it's Mourinho's tactic with him but you could see how if he did come on and score that all important goal it could give him a real confidence boost and feel like he could contribute again. He hasn't had much of a chance yet this season but we've a long way to go yet and maybe Mourinho's management of him will bear fruit later on.

To be fair to Doc I don't think he specifically means people here. I know that's not what I meant in my last post. Generally I've seen a lot of people in different places make similar comments on Memphis.

Absolutely agree with the rest of your post though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Funnily enough I was just wondering for a while whether there was a secret "dress-code" under Fergie that we didn't know about? I mean bar a few monstrosities of haircuts (like Rio's cornrolls, Beckham's mohawk and Ronaldo's hair on his debut), most players were by and large cleanly shaven and professional looking. I can't imagine Fellaini's fro and Pogba's perpetual visits to the barber would be part of the atmosphere in Fergie's time.

One thing I have definitely noticed is an increased "presence" among United players on social media in the post-Fergie era. (Lingard and Memphis immediately spring to mind). Heck even the commercial side of things have exploded with in the club. Although that could be directly correlated to the general swell in social media even in the three years since Sir Alex retired.

I know the NY Yankees have an appearance policy which states that their players must have their hair-cut above the collar and no beards are permitted. And they are the most successful team in baseball. You can't beat a bit of professionalism.

Kind of side-tracking from the Memphis yay or nay debate (no harm to be honest), but I think it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

See there you are just operating in extremes.

I'm tackling the issue of Memphis constantly, whenever most people talk about him, having an adjective of being lazy or having some attitude problem.

I'm not suggesting he start, I'm not saying he is our best winger. Yes, I am saying that he should be getting chances in lower important games to build himself back up, but there is no denying that he is in poor form, and suffering from a somewhat catastrophic confidence shattering.

Why can't you ever deal in the realm on the middle ground, where all the true answers lie in football?

What is a fine statement in my eyes is
    Ok, it's all a myth, he is not lazy, he does give 100%, he should be getting some proper chances

Or
    Ok, it's all a myth, he is not lazy, he does give 100%, but it cannot be ignored he is totally out of form and doesn't warrant a place for our important games

But at the current state of things, he needs to come on in a cameo and fire a rocket into the top corner to get noticed or feel he has done something constructive. so absolutely totally understandable why he has tried some outragous ****. He took a long range shot against Burnley, and tried that ridiculous volley that he sky'd.

But I've so much sympathy. I've been there, and that is probably why I do defend him so much cause I just feel empathy there. I made a step up to what would have been considered a bigger team after a dominant season before, after an initial run of games got benched extremely harsh, and all I ever got was tid bits and scraps. 20 minutes here and there where I felt I had to do something ridiculous to get noticed and stake a claim. A hollywood pass, a top corner rocket, beat loads of people on a dribbleAnd it's a vicious cycle.

You are trying to do the outlandish to get noticed and show you can stake a claim, but you sometimes do so at the expense of the easier option, you lose possession, you fire shots miles of target, or you overhit your passes. This frustrates your manager, and then you find yourself dropped again.

But it's incredibly hard in small cameos to just keep things simple as that is not what sets you apart, that isn't what leaps you ahead of the regular starters, but at the same time your trying to hard and making the situation worse.

He needs a total back to basics when he plays. Keep it simple simple simple. Build it up. But at the same time, when your not getting the proper chances, you fall straight abck into the "I'm going to do something amazing and get noticed" and the cycle continues.

Funnily enough I was just wondering for a while whether there was a secret "dress-code" under Fergie that we didn't know about? I mean bar a few monstrosities of haircuts (like Rio's cornrolls, Beckham's mohawk and Ronaldo's hair on his debut), most players were by and large cleanly shaven and professional looking. I can't imagine Fellaini's fro and Pogba's perpetual visits to the barber would be part of the atmosphere in Fergie's time.

One thing I have definitely noticed is an increased "presence" among United players on social media in the post-Fergie era. (Lingard and Memphis immediately spring to mind). Heck even the commercial side of things have exploded with in the club. Although that could be directly correlated to the general swell in social media even in the three years since Sir Alex retired.

I know the NY Yankees have an appearance policy which states that their players must have their hair-cut above the collar and no beards are permitted. And they are the most successful team in baseball. You can't beat a bit of professionalism.

Kind of side-tracking from the Memphis yay or nay debate (no harm to be honest), but I think it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

A time and a place man. Social media only really exploded at the tail end of fergies reign as did most of these mad haircuts.

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    To be fair to Doc I don't think he specifically means people here. I know that's not what I meant in my last post. Generally I've seen a lot of people in different places make similar comments on Memphis.

Absolutely agree with the rest of your post though.

It's a general theme with him. And you see it here more noticably on a match day when he does play and make a mistake, or not run where someone expects he should.

There is an instant, frustrating reaction to mistakes he makes, and it nearly always includes a description of something relating to his work ethic or attitude.

I've kinda banged this drum a little this afternoon, sorry all, I don't know exactly why, but just am massively concerned he will leave and become the player I think he can somewhere else. And I do fully believe he could be an incredible player.

I'm somewhat assuming he knows this himself and is applying himself as best he can, remaining proffesional and hopefully as the fixtures mount up and the FA cup starts he can start getting a better chance and actually put in a few decent performances to build from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Dont have problem with you disagreeing, but if you are telling me players like Smalling, Shaw, Mata, Pogba,Bailey, Herrera, Martial and Zlatan would struggle to get into a team competing for the league then you're very wrong in my opinion.

"Gaps in quality all over the pitch" is what you said. You telling me none of the above would get into a Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea or Spurs side?

Yeah I'd agree with you that Man Utd have a squad capable of competing and winning the premier league title, but as has already been said six teams probably have a squad that are capable of doing it. I think it's that close quality wise this year. As an Arsenal fan it's the strongest squad we have had for years, Liverpool and Spurs are looking strong. The other usual suspects Man City and Chelsea are looking impressive too.

I used to always say as an Arsenal fan that the league is still a possibility so long as you don't fall 10 points behind the leaders at any stage. Man Utd are currently 8 points adrift, so they really wouldn't want to fall too much further behind as I think 10 points behind is quite an ask, even this early on.

The social media presence is a club dictated policy, well looks that way to me. It's actually pretty obvious.

It's worth remembering in the "fan world" we are actually pretty close to that of English fans. There are certain things we are impressed by and care about from our footballers and somethings we do not.

Does anyone here actually read any of the post match tweets from our players and take them...well..take them in anyway shape or form? They follow what is a very obvious script and template.
    Win a game
    "Good three points today and deserved. Fans were excellent as always. Thank you for your support! <insert smiley or hashtag>
    Lose a game
    "Disappointed with the loss. Fans were brilliant today as always. We move on !<insert emoji or hashtag>

But when you look at other regions of fans in the likes of Asia, India, Middle east and certain areas of Europe, our fans absolutely lap that **** up. I mean absolutely love it. The club has various former players on a constant world tour going to these places in organised fan meetups where fans gather and then watch the match televised.

The club has it's own licensing to show matches in certain regions, where they arrange official fan viewings. They are massively popular in India I know for example. And if you just look at our clubs twitter in matchday, you see the re-tweets from all over the world from the official meetups.

I don't know what Ferguson would have thought about it, or what input he had in the clubs financial strategy, but this is something that Woodward has driven, and by all accounts it's been massively succesfull. While we think it's a bit cringey and "ugh", we actually have what many would constitute a brilliantly constructed and managed social media presence and digital presence that is catering too and harnessing massive fanbases across the world.

I'd say Fergie probably would have been fine with it, when he saw the bottom line figures of what it would do for his transfer kitty. I can't recall any monster gaffs that have happened or continue to happen that might have put him off it.

I thought one of his big strengths was being able to seamlessly work with changing generations and not turn into a big dinosaur :D

I know what he definitely would have not stood for was the circus that surrounded Pogba and his unveiling and all his media commitments. Thought I remember him being pretty strict and serious with Beckham when he started to become a bit of a commercial behemoth. Nothing really ever came to light about Ronaldo. He always appeared to be able to deal with it and accept it as part and parcel, aslong as it didn't turn into a circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You sure that wasn't the Home-Run Homer episode of the Simpsons?

See there you are just operating in extremes.

I'm tackling the issue of Memphis constantly, whenever most people talk about him, having an adjective of being lazy or having some attitude problem.

I'm not suggesting he start, I'm not saying he is our best winger. Yes, I am saying that he should be getting chances in lower important games to build himself back up, but there is no denying that he is in poor form, and suffering from a somewhat catastrophic confidence shattering.

Why can't you ever deal in the realm on the middle ground, where all the true answers lie in football?

What is a fine statement in my eyes is

Or

But at the current state of things, he needs to come on in a cameo and fire a rocket into the top corner to get noticed or feel he has done something constructive. so absolutely totally understandable why he has tried some outragous ****. He took a long range shot against Burnley, and tried that ridiculous volley that he sky'd.

But I've so much sympathy. I've been there, and that is probably why I do defend him so much cause I just feel empathy there. I made a step up to what would have been considered a bigger team after a dominant season before, after an initial run of games got benched extremely harsh, and all I ever got was tid bits and scraps. 20 minutes here and there where I felt I had to do something ridiculous to get noticed and stake a claim. A hollywood pass, a top corner rocket, beat loads of people on a dribbleAnd it's a vicious cycle.

You are trying to do the outlandish to get noticed and show you can stake a claim, but you sometimes do so at the expense of the easier option, you lose possession, you fire shots miles of target, or you overhit your passes. This frustrates your manager, and then you find yourself dropped again.

But it's incredibly hard in small cameos to just keep things simple as that is not what sets you apart, that isn't what leaps you ahead of the regular starters, but at the same time your trying to hard and making the situation worse.

He needs a total back to basics when he plays. Keep it simple simple simple. Build it up. But at the same time, when your not getting the proper chances, you fall straight abck into the "I'm going to do something amazing and get noticed" and the cycle continues.

But at least give 100% when he does get 15min or whatever, not just jog around the place, keep it simple and run your socks off, close down opposition and make yourself available for a pass. Not asking for much in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You sure that wasn't the Home-Run Homer episode of the Simpsons?

DAMNIT MANNINGLY I TOLD YOU TO TRIM THOSE SIDE BURNS!!!!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

DAMNIT MANNINGLY I TOLD YOU TO TRIM THOSE SIDE BURNS!!!!

:mad:

Go home, you're off the team!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

One match touchline ban and £50,000 fine for Jose.

MEN reporting Carrick may have picked up an injury.

KH25 wrote:
    Fair point Doc. Pogba has flattered to deceive since his transfer. Some nice bits of play here and there but nothing like the superstar he's being portrayed as. People seem far more willing to give him a chance than Memphis, who IMO needs a consistent run and a fair chance to show whether he can follow through on his potential. A cameo here and there isnt really giving him an opportunity.

I think one factor that's counting against Memphis in not getting more game time is that we have other players who can do a job on the wing whereas we really need an on form Pogba in the team. Also the fee the club paid for Pogba makes him a player that's hard to drop realistically.

Maybe Mourinho's management of him is quite shrewd aswell in the sense, say he does give him more consistent run outs and starts in the less important games and he bottles it, like he has done previously for United, where do we go then? You're left with a player who's confidence is even more damaged. For me, coming on for the odd cameo when we desperately need a goal there's less pressure and expectation as the team out there already can't get that goal. I'm sure Mourinho, like the rest of us, wants Memphis to succeed and become an important player for United and maybe in time his management of him will prove to be quite shrewd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just actually read Nevilles book the other day and he says Fergie had a dress code and the only one that ever broke it (and got away with it) was Cantona. He was speaking about clothing, I think the lads were all good to do what they wanted with their hair.

Also Becks wore a sarong in the late 90s which would mean the dress code really only applied to club outings etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fuken he'll doc have you been possessed by prof I'm not use to seen you with essays for arguments :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fuken he'll doc have you been possessed by prof I'm not use to seen you with essays for arguments :)

Doc used to always write in great detail IIRC. He was just having a break over the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

adox wrote: »
    One match touchline ban and £50,000 fine for Jose.

MEN reporting Carrick may have picked up an injury.

I wonder is that why Basti is back in training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

These days you can, Yankees haven't won a pennant or World series since 2009. Just look at the Red Sox team of 2013 where they had players that refused to shave for the majority of the season.

Social media has become a huge part of the running of sports clubs, baseball teams and players where some of the first sportspersons to use Twitter to interact with their fans.

Most of the social media profiles in Soccer these days are run by PR people and I personally think it's refreshing to have a player that does his own and laughs and jokes on SM ala Pogba and Evra.

Speaking of Pro.F did he drop from the thread the same time Rooney from United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I wonder is that why Basti is back in training

If that is the case then I wonder how bad Carrick injury is as Basti isn't in the Europa squad. Would be great if he got another chance in the team and bossed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just on Schweinsteiger.. this is from the United website.
    Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has clarified the situation with Bastian Schweinsteiger, explaining it was a "human decision" to include the midfielder in first-team training again.

Schweinsteiger, who has not made an appearance for the Reds this season, was pictured being put through his paces with the senior squad on Monday. But the German was not in the squad that flew to Turkey for Thursday’s game against Fenerbahce, as he is ineligible for the Europa League group stages.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Mourinho revealed that the decision to include Schweinsteiger in training was taken last Thursday and the German was informed a day later. The manager feels the World Cup winner will benefit personally and could also be an option if there are injuries in midfield, like United are currently experiencing in defence.

"It's a decision based on the fact that we are in a period of the season where it's really difficult to train with everyone together," Mourinho said.

"At the moment, the day after we've played, the players train in a separate group – they do a specific recovery session. The group, instead of being 23 or 24, becomes 13 or 14, and then, with injuries, maybe 10 or 11.

"Many times, we go to the Academy to bring some young boys to have a group with the perfect numbers to train, match after match, week after week. Now, for example, on Friday, the players that play here [in Istanbul] are not going to train with the main group and this is the normal routine.

"Looking at Bastian and the way he was working professionally with the fitness coach, we think that it's a human decision, a professional decision, to bring him back to the team. He'll be much better prepared and in much better condition in case his future decision is to leave the club; he'll be much better prepared for competition if he stays with us.

"It becomes one more option. At the moment, we have no problems in midfield like we have in defence but, if we have problems in midfield, it's another option for us. It's a human decision based on the training numbers and methods, but also a decision that can be positive for the group. It's positive for us and for him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

"Looking at Bastian and the way he was working professionally with the fitness coach, we think that it's a human decision, a professional decision, to bring him back to the team. He'll be much better prepared and in much better condition in case his future decision is to leave the club; he'll be much better prepared for competition if he stays with us.

"It becomes one more option. At the moment, we have no problems in midfield like we have in defence but, if we have problems in midfield, it's another option for us. It's a human decision based on the training numbers and methods, but also a decision that can be positive for the group. It's positive for us and for him."

I guess that makes Jose a pathetic donkey clown then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Speaking of Pro.F did he drop from the thread the same time Rooney from United?

No.

If that is the case then I wonder how bad Carrick injury is as Basti isn't in the Europa squad. Would be great if he got another chance in the team and bossed it.

Imagine he came in and made himself undroppable and managed to get into better shape than he's been since he got here. I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ElChe32 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    You should get a new computer ElChe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jayop wrote: »
    Imagine he came in and made himself undroppable and managed to get into better shape than he's been since he got here. I'd be delighted.

Hopefully Jose will make a "human decision" about Mickey Ryan and give him a start tomorrow night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

An Armenian in Turkey is going to get dogs abuse if he plays tomorrow...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    An Armenian in Turkey is going to get dogs abuse if he plays tomorrow...

...and a Portuguese in Turkey is going to get dogs abuse if he doesn't :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MD1990 wrote: »

WxkkD_s-200x150.gif

So sassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

MD1990 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Now that Pro F has been accounted for, anyone see Vic Vinegar about lately?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Doc used to always write in great detail IIRC. He was just having a break over the summer :)

I had a quiet afternoon in work :P

I had a quiet afternoon in work :P

If your boss looks out the window and sees your flash car then with that workrate you're f*cked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

It's like a broken record with Jones but my god I'd love for him to have a nice consistent injury free spell. I know others think he's not good enough or worth the trouble anymore but I still rate him and think when fit he's a very useful player to have.

Be delighted to see him get a good chunk of the match. Knowing him though he'll get through the match unscathed and showing promise and then get injured in the next training.

• Advertisement

Delighted to see Falcao back on form for monaco he has two goals tonight. Always liked him.

Delighted to see Falcao back on form for monaco he has two goals tonight. Always liked him.

Maybe the answer to our scoring problems is going for him on loan ;)

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Maybe the answer to our scoring problems is going for him on loan ;)

We would Never get him without champions league football.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    It's like a broken record with Jones but my god I'd love for him to have a nice consistent injury free spell. I know others think he's not good enough or worth the trouble anymore but I still rate him and think when fit he's a very useful player to have.

Be delighted to see him get a good chunk of the match. Knowing him though he'll get through the match unscathed and showing promise and then get injured in the next training.

Wasnt he the man of the match in the real Madrid game jose mentioned earlier he had so much potential its unreal people forget how good he used to be. Blasted injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Felt like he always tried hard for us but just had no luck at all. Nice to see him do well.

Wasnt he the man of the match in the real Madrid game jose mentioned earlier he had so much potential its unreal people forget how good he used to be. Blasted injuries.

Very talented player. I think his big flaw is probably mentally. He likes to get stuck in which seems to get him hurt. It's something I love about him at the same time but I think if he was a bit smarter at times he might avoid some of the injuries.

I'm hoping he can avoid any out of his hand injuries and we can start to see him get a few games under his belt and build some consistency.

He has the experience, has the talent, just needs someone to help him improve a bit and a bit of luck I think.

• Advertisement

stankratz wrote:
    Now that Pro F has been accounted for, anyone see Vic Vinegar about lately?

Nah he's too bitter to post on this thread lately. I'll get me coat and close the door on the way out.

Confirmed Warren Joyce has taken Wigan job.

A big loss but best of luck to him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh, is there anything to be said for bringing Hernandez hoback? I miss his cute little face :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sigh, is there anything to be said for bringing Hernandez hoback? I miss his cute little face :(

Have him back in a heartbeat, he knew what our club was/is all about, sacrilege he was sold for what, 10mill? My hatred for the dutch idiot stemmed from that sale

Jayop <3 Javier

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement