Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

On a sidenote about other people who haven't posted on this thread in ages, Mikeyt's articles on balls.ie are always a joy to read.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Game is at six tomorrow, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Game is at six tomorrow, yeah?

Says so on the Beeb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

scudzilla wrote: »
    Have him back in a heartbeat, he knew what our club was/is all about, sacrilege he was sold for what, 10mill? My hatred for the dutch idiot stemmed from that sale

Stupid decision. I hated the way Moyes basically let him rot on the bench too only bringing him on when he was desperate.

mewe wrote: »
    Nah he's too bitter to post on this thread lately. I'll get me coat and close the door on the way out.

hmB4zX4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Watched highlights of games on TV last night,Griezeman took his two goals really well. Probably would be very difficult to prize him away from Athletico next summer but would love to see us try anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Predictions tonight? Do we qualify if we win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Draw 1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Van Persie to score the only goal and united to win 0-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hopefully a nice win tonight with plenty of chances created. Our best chance of champions league football next season is winning the Europa league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

bangkok wrote: »
    Hopefully a nice win tonight with plenty of chances created. Our best chance of champions league football next season is winning the Europa league
    I tottaly agree with This,

On a separate note did any of you see this article by dunphy??... the man is nuts " Eddie Howe should get the united job"?? madness!!
    Dunphy article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Your writing us off ?

Joyce takes over at Wigan this morning I really hope he does well he has served united really well over the years and you never know miracles happen we may see him back at some point.in a higher capacity.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Your writing us off ?

Not altogether but can't see us finishing ahead of city arsenal or Liverpool and perhaps even Chelsea. We will do very well now to finish 4th

Only talking about depay yesterday, I just noticed he didn't make the 21 man squad for tonight's game. Surely that is the end of him at United now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Only talking about depay yesterday, I just noticed he didn't make the 21 man squad for tonight's game. Surely that is the end of him at United now?

I don't think he is far off being out the door but he came on against Burnley so probably not the end just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Raggy newspapers suggesting he didn't perform in training as well as others and team mates "surprised" he came on against Burnley.

duffman13 wrote: »
    I don't think he is far off being out the door but he came on against Burnley so probably not the end just yet

Maybe trying to put him in the shop window same as bastian back in first team. Would like to see depay going on loan somewhere in jan

Not altogether but can't see us finishing ahead of city arsenal or Liverpool and perhaps even Chelsea. We will do very well now to finish 4th

Ah jaysus, we are into top 4 talk already. At least wait until after Christmas for that depressing ****. In the meantime, let's target the top 1 spot.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope we don't play a strong team, we need to beat Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Memphis will be sold next summer, freeing up the number 7 for Griezmann.

We need a good start to November and get a bit of form going. There are negatives and positives from recent games.
    We are suffering from a problem we have suffered for years at this stage - since the start of the Moyes and Van Gaal adventures - not scoring enough goals.
    Hopefully we turn this around as we still have everything to play for. The league or top 4 is not won or lost by November 1st, but we are in a part of the season where we need to stay in touch and get results.
    Last year we went briefly top of the league in October, but then when we needed momentum we lost it.
    We will know a lot by January 2nd where we really stand, but the business part of the domestic season really starts now.
    The results have to come, we can't afford more Burnley type games where we create so many chances to win and come away with one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, we are into top 4 talk already. At least wait until after Christmas for that depressing ****. In the meantime, let's target the top 1 spot.:P

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mourinho not a big fan of selfies...

YYofxpxl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

RobertKK wrote: »
    Memphis will be sold next summer, freeing up the number 7 for Griezmann.

Would he not get the freed up no 10 shirt? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

J. Marston wrote: »

YYofxpxl.jpg

Don't know about selfies but he doesn't appear to be a fan of photos?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

J. Marston wrote: »

YYofxpxl.jpg

it wasn't a time to be taking selfies while 70,000 or so fans are stressing around them.

I know conte is having joy from it but I always thought we would have benefited from 3-5-2 with the width provided from shaw and val. front two of martial and rashford would be ridiculous to deal with if they can gel.

Blind between smalling and bailly as the distributor and a midfield of Herrera, pogba and mata at no 10.

Never gonna see it but would think it would be effective at ripping apart the teams set up to frustrate us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We ripped Burnley apart at weekend just could not score

Jaysus we nearly killed lvg for daring to try 352. As most other people have said I'm happy with the performances apart from 1 or two games we have been tons better then past 3 years.

The players are laying for the manager and just need to get the shooting boots on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jayo26 wrote: »
    Jaysus we nearly killed lvg for daring to try 352. As most other people have said I'm happy with the performances apart from 1 or two games we have been tons better then past 3 years.

The players are laying for the manager and just need to get the shooting boots on.

Now im not sure that 352 would work and it certainly didnt work for LVG but i think the problem he had was it was a defensive 352 and was all about possession. Contes version seems a high pressing more attacking version.

think more of a 4312, 442 diamond which are pretty much the same formation anyway to or 433 would suit the players best.

For one thing we rarely have 3 fit cbs so that's a problem.

I'm really hoping for more of the same tonight. We proved on Saturday that we're more than capable of complely nullifying a team by attacking them constantly and freak misses and saves aside we'd have won at a canter.

• Advertisement

Before naming his squad, Deschamps offered the following warning to the 20-year-old.

“Jose Mourinho and I expect more from Martial,” said the manager. “It’s up to him to rediscover his form.”

Martial dropped from French squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We ripped Burnley apart at weekend just could not score

The game panned out much the same as all of Burnley's away games. Chance after chance for the home team and Burnley offering nothing in attack. I said before the game I'd be shocked if utd didn't win by a couple of goals and they way the game worked out it should have ended like all of Burnley's other away games with a comprehensive defeat. I don't think you can learn anything from the game. Those being negative it was a good performance and ended being one of those freak outcomes when the ball just won't go in and the opposition keeper has a great game. Those taking a positive from it the game was much the same as Burnley's away games at Leicester, Chelsea and Southampton total one way traffic. Burnley at home are a different story and the games against Liverpool and arsenal and Watford as it was on sky are the times most on here may have seen them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Screenshot-29.png

Basically what your saying zerks is our taking of chances is dirt :)

13 goals in 10 games is fairly pathetic. One of those was a pen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

zerks wrote: »
    Screenshot-29.png

That and the shot accuracy implies that we couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

I wonder how much Pogba and Rojo blasting aimless shots into row z from outside the box is accounting for the low % of shot accuracy.

That and the shot accuracy implies that we couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

I wonder how much Pogba and Rojo blasting aimless shots into row z from outside the box is accounting for the low % of shot accuracy.

Pogba aint gonna change that's his game always has been but at least he has a chance of finishing but rojo has never came close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

jayo26 wrote:
    Pogba aint gonna change that's his game always has been but at least he has a chance of finishing but rojo has never came close.

Didn't the keeper tip one over the bar from him from 30 yards or so in the game v Burnley?

Is the game tonight on TV?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Didn't the keeper tip one over the bar from him from 30 yards or so in the game v Burnley?

Is the game tonight on TV?

Yhh its on bt I donno about itv and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Think Eir Sport 2 is the only other one on the TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Schneiderlin starting and Mhkitaryan on the bench.. hope he sees some minutes

Jayop wrote: »
    13 goals in 10 games is fairly pathetic. One of those was a pen too.

We scored one goal in October......one

Also I get what Zerks is doing/trying but that is kind of misleading. You'd maybe want the numbers broken per game to get a better view of who is consistent etc.

Scoring goals evidently is the clear problem. City especially have hounded out a few early drubbings scoring 3's and 4's, as have Arsenal (I think)

Our numbers I'd imagine are pretty inflated from the Stoke and Burnley games. Didn't we have like pathetic numbers from Liverpool + Chelsea?

Anyway, October pretty much a write off. Hopefully the team can start scoring.

I agree with the general consensus it's not far away, just need to start burying chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Any team with Mata benched is a bad team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Be very happy with that team if not for Schneiderlin and Herrera together. Guess it's their chance to show they're not incompetent together all the time...

Interesting lineup. Could be Schneiderlan anchoring alone in a 4-3-3 ?

I'm not seeing the benefit of Rashford playing. He looks like his flagging a bit and we could be doing a Martial again, stupidly relying on a kid when we really shouldn't. It's gone from the measured approach Jose had with Rashford at the start to including him non stop.

I'm always weary of overplaying young players developing. A number of options to start there for him and it is a good shout to give him a rest.

Hopefully its an attempt to win the game in the first half and replace him with Henrik second half.

Rooney could do with a good showing. Goal would be great, but just some semblance of what Zlatan is doing in general play would be nice. Wouldn't hurt for Zlatan to feel a bit of pressure/competition for his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

At least Mickey made the bench,

Holy Morgan Schniederlin Batman!

cCsnb4Z.jpg

Great line up. Hopefully Rooney can get a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hoping Schneiderlin can put in a big performance. It would be brilliant to see him get back to his Southampton form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement