Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Haha should keep insulting him so!

You're in the right thread for it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

portcrap wrote: »
    Absolutely the players are at fault. Mourinho all in all has got his tactics right (except for the chelsea match). Players are the only constant in the last four years of utter balls

Players might not be good enough but we've 500 million pound spent in 4 years, sometimes you need to look at who's signing all these players, someone needs to be held accountable.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well, was at a wake this evening. How **** were we?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ah well,this Thursday night football is as much craic as 20 kicks in the balls

• Schwiiing wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Shaw near a stone overweight?

I have said this already. Tbf to LVG prior Shaw's serious injury LVG had his fitness worked on and it showed at the early point of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Utter tripe of a preformance overall. Rooney's goal means I'd tick him up from awful to just bad, but every other player on the pitch were dreadful. You wouldn't think that was the same team who were all over Burnley at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Very good in th first half without creating too much.
    Pathetic in the second half without creating too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Losing in Turkey can happen, never a pleasant place to play, but we beat these easily last time out, there's a worrying lack of consistency and cohesion with united. We need a few gimme type results to keep our heads above water or this season could be down the pan before the new year.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Zlatan didn't look arsed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

We were at a wake as well....

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Zlatan didn't look arsed at all

Could accurately describe a vast swathe of his performances over the years.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Keeper was down over a minute and the ref adds 15 seconds!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Darmian and Shaw were terrible as attacking outlets. At least Darmian put in a shift but Shaw really was lacking everything I thought he'd bring to the team. Don't think he overlapped once.

Rooney, I was thinking all game he looks shot of confidence and he pulls that out at the end. Hopefully it's the start of an improvement from him.

That was our worst performance of the season, right up there with Chelsea for me. Piss poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Every single one of those players were muck today. the eejit mickyt looks like a u16. Ibrahimovic should be dropped, Shaw should be dropped, Rushford needs to be upfront. The attacking play is far to slow far too complicated for these players.

There's something very wrong at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Missed the first half, awful performance from the majority of the fans.

Also disappointed with how unbalanced Jose made the side in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Last 9 away games in Europe:

Won: 0
    Drew: 1
    Lost: 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

The most disappointing thing is that Fenerbache team is a team of rejects, Lens couldn't get a sniff with Sunderland, Emineke **** with West Ham, Skrtel **** with Liverpool and we made them all look useful.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Last 9 away games in Europe:

Won: 0
    Drew: 1
    Lost: 8

God, I knew it was bad, but not that bad..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Shambolic performance. No positives from that game at all.
    Our inability to make even some basic passes is just awful. Simply not good enough.

Personally, Iv never really been a fan of Ibra but thought he would at least score goals for us. Now that he is on a drought, my frustration at his performances is seriously increasing. Drops so deep, sloppy simple passes, slow on the ball and no movement at all.

But I'm most disappointed in Luke Shaw. Just what has happened him. Regressed big time. Looks quite overweight and unfit. Was awful in possession and didn't provide any overlaps for martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Second half was a terrible performance, thought things were ok first half and that we would eventually just score.

Martial was absolutely muck in that second half. Darmian was being asked to basically run the right wing on his own, total lunacy.

Just so bloody awful.

A bit of an under the radar positive, Rojo looked pretty decent again. Nice to see him gradually building back a bit. Won't dreg on about it as I don't think I'll be saying anything against the grain, just not good enough. Totally void of ideas in the final third.

Luke Shaw is looking pretty abysmal also. Getting roasted so much by average wide players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is it now safe to say there's a crisis at United? Shocking performance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cancer lads.

1 dimensional sh**e

Zlatan needs drop
    Blind needs drop
    Rojo needs shot
    Martial drop
    Shaw drop

Dropping wont even make a difference as we only play 1 way and that way isnt working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Whatever about the rest of the match, fair play to Jose for giving credit to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Players might not be good enough but we've 500 million pound spent in 4 years, sometimes you need to look at who's signing all these players, someone needs to be held accountable.

Well moyes spent 60m van gaal 250m and Jose spent the rest.

First 2 got sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

rooneymourinho-cropped_149clxlajhbxc1fdz4uab7l1wa-752x501.jpg

That's the door, get out and don't let it hit you on the arse.

°°°°°

duffman13 wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing is that Fenerbache team is a team of rejects, Lens couldn't get a sniff with Sunderland, Emineke **** with West Ham, Skrtel **** with Liverpool and we made them all look useful.

We spanked them last time out, lack of consistency is the real issue at United.

Glazers Out!

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is it now safe to say there's a crisis at United? Shocking performance

With a username like that you've got to be a farmer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

xabi wrote: »

Which one?

xabi wrote: »

Stupid post. Our only goal scorer in the last month, let's get rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Which one?

Left arse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

The obsession is real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Great strike the only thing to take from the night. Hopefully that'll ignite Rooney.

First half I thought we were OK, just couldn't get going in the final third, the second half was pathetic. Allowed them to completely dictate where we played the game and no penetration at all. Honestly, if that's what Mkhitaryan is doing in training then it's no wonder he's not playing.

Scraping for positives, I thought Herrera put in another decent performance and Martial looked more like his old self in the first half.

I wonder is Jose planning for the January window? Surely he won't accept that level of performance for much longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Back to 4-4-2 Jose, thanks very much.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Back to 4-4-2 Jose, thanks very much.

We don't have the players to play two midfielders. They can just about cope with a three!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Stupid post. Our only goal scorer in the last month, let's get rid of him.

When you say the last month are you narrowing it down to the 3 days of November or something because there was a 4-1 win in the reverse of this fixture and a 1-0 win over City and I'm pretty sure Rooney didn't score any of those, what with him being dropped for being sh*te and all that.

adox wrote: »
    Scraping for positives, I thought Herrera put in another decent performance and Martial looked more like his old self in the first half.

I wonder is Jose planning for the January window? Surely he won't accept that level of performance for much longer?

The issue, I guess, is if he tears the team apart, it pretty much is writing the season off. And will fans accept that.

I do think the team needs gutting. I do think he needs his own first 11. I just hope he gets the windows to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Can't think of any player in the squad who's capable of being a leader on the pitch who could give the team a lift like Roy Keane could. The last 1 we had was Vidic. Schweini could do it but he's finished imo.

Jayop wrote: »
    Great strike the only thing to take from the night. Hopefully that'll ignite Rooney.

You just know it won't though. He's finished at Utd IMO. It's just going to be a slow drawn out process. He's on a downward curve and the club would be wise to move him on as soon as possible if they can.

When you say the last month are you narrowing it down to the 3 days of November or something because there was a 4-1 win in the reverse of this fixture and a 1-0 win over City and I'm pretty sure Rooney didn't score any of those what with him being dropped for being sh*te and all that.

My mistake, got mixed up with the league form. He's no more ****e than anyone else in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The issue, I guess, is if he tears the team apart, it pretty much is writing the season off. And will fans accept that.

I do think the team needs gutting. I do think he needs his own first 11. I just hope he gets the windows to do that.

I would accept it. There is something terribly wrong with Utd and they need to accept that they have opted for Jose and give him time to restart everything.

If that means losing another season with the view to putting in place solid plans for the future then so be it.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I would accept it. There is something terribly wrong with Utd and they need to accept that they have opted for Jose and give him time to restart everything.

If that means losing another season with the view to putting in place solid plans for the future then so be it.

Scholes was talking about it there on BT sports a few minutes ago. Said we can't just keep switching managers and asking them to start over agains. At some point, you have to look at the players, cause the manager can only do so much once the players walk onto the pitch. Said he thinks/hopes the team will look very different in 18 months if Jose is given the chance.

Other than DDG, Mata and Herera, there isn't many players from pre Jose I wouldn't mind seeing replaced, especially when you look at the level of players Jose is able to attract.

Only last week when we played city I said it was a must win game for us more than it was for city and loads were saying here it was just as important for city as they hadn't won in 6. After this week the difference between the 2 teams is massive I'm sad to say. City are miles ahead of us, both in terms of style of play and attacking intent. There is a game plan in play when you watch them, we just seem to be a team of strangers thrown together

Scholes was talking about it there on BT sports a few minutes ago. Said we can't just keep switching managers and asking them to start over agains. At some point, you have to look at the players, cause the manager can only do so much once the players walk onto the pitch. Said he thinks/hopes the team will look very different in 18 months if Jose is given the chance.

Other than DDG, Mata and Herera, there isn't many players from pre Jose I wouldn't mind seeing replaced, especially when you look at the level of players Jose is able to attract.

Shaw martial and rashford??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bangkok wrote: »
    Only last week when we played city I said it was a must win game for us more than it was for city and loads were saying here it was just as important for city as they hadn't won in 6. After this week the difference between the 2 teams is massive I'm sad to say. City are miles ahead of us, both in terms of style of play and attacking intent. There is a game plan in play when you watch them, we just seem to be a team of strangers thrown together

Stating the obvious much, City, much as it pains me to say, have been building towards this since they were taken over in '08, whereas United once Fergie upped and retired, United fell into decline, which was going to happen eventually..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

My mistake, got mixed up with the league form. He's no more ****e than anyone else in the squad.

A real United fan would have known that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

adox wrote: »

Not sure he deserves more money.
    Man Utd have a very good squad & Mourinho cannot get the best out of them. Look at Chelsea this season. Its not always the players fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Scholes was talking about it there on BT sports a few minutes ago.

What do people think of Jose's comments after the game? My gut was that he was blaming the players and throwing them under the bus.

Agree? If so is it justified? My own thought is that it would breed resentment rather than building team spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I would be surprised if Jose doesn't look to add players in January it's looking obvious to most and I presume Jose that some lads just ain't good enough and I doubt Jose will stick with them.

2 good additions could make a huge difference.No natural winger/width is a problem as is getting the best from Pogba.

At some stage he has to surely give Micky Ryan a fair crack at it which might solve one problem,pity there are so many more issues to get right.

tinpib wrote: »
    What do people think of Jose's comments after the game? My gut was that he was blaming the players and throwing them under the bus.

Agree? If so is it justified? My own thought is that it would breed resentment rather than building team spirit.

Didn't hear his comments but I'd be kind of glad if he did blame the players. Too many seem to be sleep walking through their time at Utd.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement