Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's more fascination tbh. The fall of Camelot. It's been generally box office viewing since Ferguson left.

Maybe that's a better term for it alright.

I've no issue with opposing fans giving a bit of slagging or making actual contributions to the discussion, there are a number of people whose posts I really enjoy but then there is the other side of the spectrum, those that don't bother posting or getting involved in discussion unless things are going badly for opposition teams.

Its very easy to differentiate between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

zerks wrote: »
    Did I imagine it or did Jose say that there was a mental issue with the players over last season? There seems to be an "ah sure whatever" mindset with players win or lose. Nobody really seems to have the mentality of the likes of Keane, Neville etc. where not winning really hurt.

If he said it then he was right to say it, there is a serious lack of leadership in that squad.

Imagine that dressing room if the manager didn't go into it after the game, can you really picture the players tearing strips out of each other and calling each other for not doing their jobs? Because I can't.

Regardless of the armband it was always the case that we had a bunch of captains, a bunch of strong characters with a strong positive influence. Right now all we have is a bunch of twittering children and you can see it on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If he said it then he was right to say it, there is a serious lack of leadership in that squad.

Imagine that dressing room if the manager didn't go into it after the game, can you really picture the players tearing strips out of each other and calling each other for not doing their jobs? Because I can't.

Regardless of the armband it was always the case that we had a bunch of captains, a bunch of strong characters with a strong positive influence. Right now all we have is a bunch of twittering children and you can see it on the field.

The last 2 managers got little or no respect from the players. They hated Moyes,seemed to like LVG as a man but not a coach. Jose's biggest job is to weed out that mindset and have a cohesive unit instead of a group of cliques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's more fascination tbh. The fall of Camelot. It's been generally box office viewing since Ferguson left.

Let's not pretend this has nothing to do with Liverpool flying high either. We were sh*te last year too but there wasn't much of a Liverpool presence in here because they were even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

When Klopp's lost, he's come out and given a reasonably fair analysis of the games and said basically that we (him and the players) must do better. When Jose's lost (and this is is recent history - not just United) there's been stropps and excuses and blaming. None of this, as we all saw at Chelsea, really galvanises the players.

In short, Klopp looks like a manager players want to play for. Mourinho doesn't. I think you need to be more concerned about his attitude than your psoition on the table. Sort out the first and allow him the time, and the second will get better.

That was pretty much what I was going to post. I think it's fine for a manger to come out saying "We played badly....we must do better....we need to do this..." but Jose seems to have a siege mentality and my gut yesterday was that he was throwing the players under the bus.

It was all 'the players' and not 'we'. I'd be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Klopp has had 12 months in charge.

He didn't turn you boys around over night.

Ye were wildly inconsistent last year or have you forgotten that?

Pretty much every LFC fan was rightly saying that he should be allowed time.

He has brought in some players he wanted in key positions as well as having quite a settled squad in the main and its begun to reap rewards.

Why shouldn't José be allowed that?

Oh I know, cos its Jose and he is managing United.

The faux concern from a lot of you lads is laughable tbh.

Hold on a second.

Three immediate points jump from reading that post

a) Liverpool squad significantly poorer then ours in terms of quality
    b) Klopp very quickly put in place his methods that very quickly was visible within the team
    c) in some rather big teams Liverpool blew away the opposition

That is some obvious cause for optimism, patience, content and positivity. So obviously there would be patience among their fans to wait for a transfer window or two so he could get in players to his specific style and system.

Across the board there was plenty of adjustment to the hype with Klopp with people pointing out the team weren't overly better off than Rodgers. And that adjustment was "we start to judge this team after the summer"

So he had his summer, and they look bonafied title challengers.

We have a similar situation in regards moving from Van Gaal, but there is very little cause for optimism or hope at present. Sorry lads but saying the performances are better is a bit of a cop out. We are currently worse at this stage of the season then under Van Gaal or Moyes, with a significantly better squad.

Probably also helps Klopp isn't going around like someone pissed in his cornflakes.

So of course Mourinho should be afforded time and it may well transpire there is some major surgery to be done, but I don't think at this point in time we can really correlate to the Liverpool situation. There was really evident signs of progress early on, irregardless of points acquired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheDoc wrote: »
    but there is very little cause for optimism or hope at present.

Only if you don't want to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I think you must've reached your quota of Southampton players by the time he was being sold :p

Nothing he did stood out for me bar getting an early yellow card. Think Jose just took him off after Pogba went off injured so he could put another attacking player on instead of keeping Morgan as a holding player

Haha Southampton v2 is well and truly on now if the talks about Van Diljk are true. We really should just go for whatever players they're going for from now on. Save us the hassle :pac:

Morgan and Clyne were the only 2 I really wanted tbh but its actually worked out well for us with Lallana and lovren both finding form. Lambert is the only failure and he was on a free.

tinpib wrote: »
    That was pretty much what I was going to post. I think it's fine for a manger to come out saying "We played badly....we must do better....we need to do this..." but Jose seems to have a siege mentality and my gut yesterday was that he was throwing the players under the bus.

It was all 'the players' and not 'we'. I'd be worried.

As I said earlier, we are getting year three Mourinho in month three. It's ridiculous.

Look I'm all for lashing players out of it, but this is a coach/manager who had a core principle of developing an unshakeable bond with players so they would execute his requirements and tactics without question.

That core principle has been in question since Madrid and a big question before he arrived here last year. Has he lost that, is he a paranoid freak who doesn't trust players anymore and won't do what he did at Porto, Chelsea and then Inter.

Like if that is gone, it's a pretty massive problem for him. If players arn't breaking their bollox for him and executing his instructions to the hilt, that's a serious issue especially considering how he asks some players to play in certain situations.

• Advertisement

Only if you don't want to see it.

Pretty much back myself to be able to interpret tactics and patterns/styles of play and what is an improving team that is being unlucky and a team with fundamental flaws.

I won't even ask what I'm not seeing, because you's will just tell me how drawing 0-0 at home to Burnley was cause for optimism. I suppose yesterday was a step in the right direction too yeah?

Or is it just the same as under Van Gaal, one step forward, two steps back, this team incapable of building anything resembling momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So ye actually have nothing better to do than laugh at others? Are you really that petty....wait don't answer that...

FYP BTW

It's still early in the season, Liverpool still have plenty of time to have their usual implosion, don't worry ;)

I have plenty of things to be doing, but I make time for discussing Mourinho's stuttering start.

Ye lost both finals. So he guarded his best players to go and win the cups but they didn't win either with a fully fit and well rested team. Does that mean Klopp is a bad manager? Of course it doesn't, same as Jose isn't a bad manager because he has had a rocky beginning to his tenure.

If this time next year we are still struggling then absolutely questions will need to be asked.

LVG was given backing by most fans til probably Christmas last year. When it became clear we were not improving then that's when fans became restless.

Jose absolutely must be given a minimum of two years, even if we fall outside of the CL places this year.
    The post I quoted said that Klopp has had time to bring in his own players and its reaping rewards. I was just saying that he had 3/4 of a season without one player of his own and he got us to 2 major finals. We were wildly inconsistent I'd agree but that was down to the players learning the system. When we looked good we looked very good and there was flashes of that all year. Klopp also got players, who looked like their careers were over at the club, performing miles better than we'd seen them under Rodgers (lallana, Lovren, Henderson). From his first game in charge we saw the system and the style of play he was after introducing so it would have been silly to not give him time to sign his own players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

hefferboi wrote: »
    Haha Southampton v2 is well and truly on now if the talks about Van Diljk are true. We really should just go for whatever players they're going for from now on. Save us the hassle :pac:

Morgan and Clyne were the only 2 I really wanted tbh but its actually worked out well for us with Lallana and lovren both finding form. Lambert is the only failure and he was on a free.

Nah they would have to actually play for Southampton first so that they look like hot sh!t but ultimately they will fail/underwhelm when they make the step up (not just L'Pool players BTW, I'm including Shaw and Morgan here)

Though I may excuse Shaw a bit as he's probably still bothered after the horrific leg break...

Nah they would have to actually play for Southampton first so that they look like hot sh!t but ultimately they will fail/underwhelm when they make the step up (not just L'Pool players BTW, I'm including Shaw and Morgan here)

Though I may excuse Shaw a bit as he's probably still bothered after the horrific leg break...

Yeah Shaw was another I wanted actually. And he was flying before the break. I'd like to see him live up to the potential.

Not at United obviously :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hold on a second.

Three immediate points jump from reading that post

a) Liverpool squad significantly poorer then ours in terms of quality
    b) Klopp very quickly put in place his methods that very quickly was visible within the team
    c) in some rather big teams Liverpool blew away the opposition

That is some obvious cause for optimism, patience, content and positivity. So obviously there would be patience among their fans to wait for a transfer window or two so he could get in players to his specific style and system.

Across the board there was plenty of adjustment to the hype with Klopp with people pointing out the team weren't overly better off than Rodgers. And that adjustment was "we start to judge this team after the summer"

So he had his summer, and they look bonafied title challengers.

We have a similar situation in regards moving from Van Gaal, but there is very little cause for optimism or hope at present. Sorry lads but saying the performances are better is a bit of a cop out. We are currently worse at this stage of the season then under Van Gaal or Moyes, with a significantly better squad.

Probably also helps Klopp isn't going around like someone pissed in his cornflakes.

So of course Mourinho should be afforded time and it may well transpire there is some major surgery to be done, but I don't think at this point in time we can really correlate to the Liverpool situation. There was really evident signs of progress early on, irregardless of points acquired.

If you don't see any change between LVG's United and Jose's United then we will have to agree to disagree because i do.

If we had even a smidgen of luck against Burnley or Stoke we would be 4 points from the top instead of 8.

First half vs City we were completely outplayed.

We got schooled by Chelsea after conceding within 30 seconds.

I didn't see last nights game barring a few highlights but going from reports we were outplayed by Fener.

So 2 and a half games of being very poor out of 13 or 14 competitive games.

For the time being that is acceptable for me.

As I said, if this time next year we are having the same conversation then I will begin to be concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mourinho is not the manager to build something bar the 14/15 season where Chelsea were superb in the 1st half of the season but stumbled over the line in the 2nd half of the season playing poorly.

He consistently leaves clubs in disarray in his 3d season due partly to his arrogance that nothing is his fault & his constant blaming of players. He lost Ronaldo in the middle of the 3rd season at Real after blaming him after a 2-1 win in the cup over Valencia after he failed to see a pass. This was after he split dressing room in Real to Spanish vs Portuguese/South American players until both sides turned against him this was all widely reported in Marca at the time.

There has been the public criticism of certain players Mkhitaryan & Shaw(coming back from an horrific injury) in particular. While Ibrahimovic who has went 32 shots without scoring & Pogba a world record fee have escaped any criticism from Mourinho at all most likely because they were his buys. Pogba needs time even though he was at Man Utd as a youth player while Mkhitaryan has to perform instantly despite coming back from injury.Things like this will only create problems within a squad & is poor man management. Need to treat all players equally to have good team spirit which is very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If you don't see any change between LVG's United and Jose's United then we will have to agree to disagree because i do.

If we had even a smidgen of luck against Burnley or Stoke we would be 4 points from the top instead of 8.

First half vs City we were completely outplayed.

We got schooled by Chelsea after conceding within 30 seconds.

I didn't see last nights game barring a few highlights but going from reports we were outplayed by Fener.

So 2 and a half games of being very poor out of 13 or 14 competitive games.

For the time being that is acceptable for me.

As I said, if this time next year we are having the same conversation then I will begin to be concerned.

You could also say if Hull had a smidgen of luck they would have hung on for another 2 minutes and Utd would be 10 points of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Is there some rule where he has to put out a strong team in that mickey mouse Europa League?
    I'd send out the U21 squad along with anyone returning from injury. Its as meaningless as the League Cup and does untold damage playing the games on a Thursday night. People might not think it but I think the team has suffered from playing EL games on Thursdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

kstand wrote: »
    Is there some rule where he has to put out a strong team in that mickey mouse Europa League?
    I'd send out the U21 squad along with anyone returning from injury. Its as meaningless as the League Cup and does untold damage playing the games on a Thursday night. People might not think it but I think the team has suffered from playing EL games on Thursdays.
    It's prob UTDs only chance left of getting into the CL!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

MD1990 wrote: »

There has been the public criticism of certain players Mkhitaryan & Shaw(coming back from an horrific injury) in particular. While Ibrahimovic who has went 32 shots without scoring & Pogba a world record fee have escaped any criticism from Mourinho at all most likely because they were his buys. Pogba needs time even though he was at Man Utd as a youth player while Mkhitaryan has to perform instantly despite coming back from injury.Things like this will only create problems within a squad & is poor man management. Need to treat all players equally to have good team spirit which is very important.

Stop drumming out the same points that have been dismissed numerous times.
    He said very little about shaw and mikky no more so than klopp recently about a number of situations arsne/koeman/conte

Shaw has came out and stated he has no problem at all about what was said because it was a non story. It was blown up by the newspapers what he said wasn't actually that bad and other managers include Alex ferguson etc have said a lot worse about their players when it was needed.

Shaw not closing down against city had nothing to do with his injury it was a moment of laziness. Miki's performance against city had nothing to do with injury. It was just a woeful display miles of the pace of the game. I'm happy for Jose to take the blame for that he corrected it at half time and on we went. Miki had another chance last night and didn't do much with it.

Beating the drum on what happened at chelsea or real or some guy on nearly 200k a week got a dressing down in a press conference. Non stories.

If you want to discuss, discuss tacitcs, personal, performances on the pitch. Discussing something that was said months ago about a player not closing a player down? utter nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I would back Mourinho for as long as it takes the club is rotten to it's core player power has become too big an issue at United we've seeing it under past 2 managers, It's not just as simple as let him sign a few players and where back there's 3-4 years of rebuliding to be done let him weed out the players he doesn't trust and get his own footprint on the club 16 games into the most difficult job in football he is people need to calm down

crkball6 wrote: »
    Stop drumming out the same points that have been dismissed numerous times.
    He said very little about shaw and mikky no more so than klopp recently about a number of situations arsne/koeman/conte

Shaw has came out and stated he has no problem at all about what was said because it was a non story. It was blown up by the newspapers what he said wasn't actually that bad and other managers include Alex ferguson etc have said a lot worse about their players when it was needed.

Shaw not closing down against city had nothing to do with his injury it was a moment of laziness. Miki's performance against city had nothing to do with injury. It was just a woeful display miles of the pace of the game. I'm happy for Jose to take the blame for that he corrected it at half time and on we went. Miki had another chance last night and didn't do much with it.

Beating the drum on what happened at chelsea or real or some guy on nearly 200k a week got a dressing down in a press conference. Non stories.

If you want to discuss, discuss tacitcs, personal, performances on the pitch. Discussing something that was said months ago about a player not closing a player down? utter nonsense.

Man Utd's playing style is outdated.
    Might work in certain games in getting a point but Mourinho's team do not press so it is easy for players like Shaw to be confused as to when to press as it usually is 10 men behind the ball protecting the 18 yard box.

Not a surprise Man Utd are bottom in terms of running statistics. The game plan seems to be try to be defensive in certain games & then rely on a moment of brillance from Pogba or Ibrahimovic.

Bar Herrera not one player's performance has improved under Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You're right, to an extent. But when you see the shots on target, chances created, etc....who do you blame then when those chances aren't being converted? Jose can't run onto the pitch and put the ball into the net himself. He can set up the team, tell them how to play to give them the best chances, but if the players are playing well except for putting the ball into the net, that's a player problem. Thats players not taking their chances.

Tactically, I find it hard to fault Jose **** all, except for the opening 25 minutes against City. In pretty much every other game, he's got his end of things spot on, and then was badly let down by the players.

I think both the players and manager are responsible and collectively have to put it right. We have a manager and a group of players capable of winning the league.
    He consistently leaves clubs in disarray in his 3d season due partly to his arrogance that nothing is his fault & his constant blaming of players. He lost Ronaldo in the middle of the 3rd season at Real after blaming him after a 2-1 win in the cup over Valencia after he failed to see a pass. This was after he split dressing room in Real to Spanish vs Portuguese/South American players until both sides turned against him this was all widely reported in Marca at the time.

Except for Porto, Inter Milan, and Chelsea in his first spell there where they almost won the Champions League after he left. Why do people consistently say this when it just isn't true? Same with this "throwing the players under the bus" phrase that I think I've only ever seen used with regards to Mourinho. Sometimes the players are to blame, such as the defensive f*ck up in the first minute against Chelsea or the likes of Pogba and Ibrahimovich consistently missing sitters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think both the players and manager are responsible and collectively have to put it right. We have a manager and a group of players capable of winning the league.

We think we have players capable of winning the league. We hope we do. But the majority of players have not won the league. The ones who have have not won the league for years, or are well on the decline.

We know the manager can win the league. He did it two years ago. But as it stands, there is nothing to suggest the players are capable of winning. All we can do is look at how they have preformed at the club for the last few years, and a lot, a scary amount, are far too inconsistant to say they can win it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

If Pogba is out of Swansea game it will be interesting to see if Carrick or Schneiderlin are preferred in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Man Utd's playing style is outdated.
    Might work in certain games in getting a point but Mourinho's team do not press so it is easy for players like Shaw to be confused as to when to press as it usually is 10 men behind the ball protecting the 18 yard box.

Which style? The style that nullified Liverpool to 1 chance.

The style that had 37 attempts on goal against Burnley?
    The style that beat the current premier league champions twice?

Which of the many "styles" that he's played is outdated?
    The style that won the premiership recently?
    What are you basing the fact it's outdated on?

What do you think of Southampton's style? Bournemouth? Leicester? Crystal Palace? West Ham?

Style is outdated, doesn't know his best 11, he just parks the bus. These are canned phrases for people who cannot enumerate what they're watching and come up with their own opinion.

4-4-2 can be classed as an outdated style/formation, it's the style of the current premier league champions and they're most likley going to top their CL group.
    Not a surprise Man Utd are bottom in terms of running statistics. The game plan seems to be try to be defensive in certain games & then rely on a moment of brillance from Pogba or Ibrahimovic.

Bar Herrera not one player's performance has improved under Mourinho.

So far he's been defensive in 1 match. So from 15 games inc CS he's played defensively once.

Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

We think we have players capable of winning the league. We hope we do. But the majority of players have not won the league. The ones who have have not won the league for years, or are well on the decline.

We know the manager can win the league. He did it two years ago. But as it stands, there is nothing to suggest the players are capable of winning. All we can do is look at how they have preformed at the club for the last few years, and a lot, a scary amount, are far too inconsistant to say they can win it....

We have more league winners than Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. We have a better squad than Leicester did last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

CwapiNcWIAEc61s.jpg:small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

None of that is true.

It is 'Goal of the Month', including youth sides and all comps.

No one HAS to vote in it either.

Poor joke.

There's no such thing as an outdated style. This sh*t only comes up when you're not winning.
    Leicester's style was apparently "outdated" last year too.

• Advertisement

What do you think of Southampton's style? Bournemouth? Leicester? Crystal Palace? West Ham?

Style is outdated, doesn't know his best 11, he just parks the bus. These are canned phrases for people who cannot enumerate what they're watching and come up with their own opinion.

4-4-2 can be classed as an outdated style/formation, it's the style of the current premier league champions and they're most likley going to top their CL group.

So far he's been defensive in 1 match. So from 15 games inc CS he's played defensively once.

Nonsense.
    Not sure why you are bringing up other teams who are mid table & I said nothing about there playing style.
    Among the top 4 in the PL a common theme is pressing & it is also a huge factor in why Chelsea are improving too with Kante being a huge signing for them.
    Here is a good article on it http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10611288/how-the-pressing-game-is-powering-the-premier-leagues-top-clubs

Better than you rambling on about things that have nothing to do with what I said.
    Fitness is critical in the modern game.

Nonsense.

If you are going to use this a plus for Jose you should also point out that this style allowed liverpool to have only their 2nd clean sheet in over 20 games.

"If you don't play like us you're doing it wrong"

None of that is true.

Poor joke.

Ah god Mitch, that is the perfect response for them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nonsense.

Did you not get the memo?

Mourinho doesn't gegenpress so he's outdated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

"If you don't play like us you're doing it wrong"

They seem to forget what way dortmund went with klopp too. I fully expect it to go the same way with them after limited success.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If Pogba is out of Swansea game it will be interesting to see if Carrick or Schneiderlin are preferred in midfield.

With Herrera out both could end up starting

kona wrote: »
    They seem to forget what way dortmund went with klopp too. I fully expect it to go the same way with them after limited success.
    2 Bundesliga's.German Cup & a CL final lol.
    Final season disrupted by injury & a crisis of form but turned it around finishing in a EL spot & making a cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

2 Bundesliga's.German Cup & a CL final lol.
    Final season disrupted by injury & a crisis of form but turned it around finishing in a EL spot & making a cup final.

Yeah but this is Liverpool. Success to them is a few league cups and they have already had their European final.
    The mayo of the premier league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kona wrote: »
    Yeah but this is Liverpool. Success to them is a few league cups and they have already had their European final.
    The mayo of the premier league.

Against Sevilla?

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

None of that is true.

Poor joke.

I actually thought it was funny.. At the end of the day if we all are good enough to post trash In the humour thread when we winning we should be able take it when they get excited about us losing.

Can't wait for the Swansea game a big win there sure we be all whooping and delighted because this season has been judged game to game by everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp has had 12 months in charge.

He didn't turn you boys around over night.

Ye were wildly inconsistent last year or have you forgotten that?

Pretty much every LFC fan was rightly saying that he should be allowed time.

He has brought in some players he wanted in key positions as well as having quite a settled squad in the main and its begun to reap rewards.

Why shouldn't José be allowed that?

Oh I know, cos its Jose and he is managing United.

The faux concern from a lot of you lads is laughable tbh.

He didn't turn us around overnight and it remains to be seen can we kick on even further after a excellent first 10 games.

However, Klopp got the team playing fairly quickly. The first match a draw at WHL, the pressing stats were insane and far above anything we had produced. Pressing which is a key hallmark of Klopps philosophy. He came in after 10 league games so didn't have any pre season or chance to buy a single one of his own players unlike Jose who has been earmarked as United manager since he left Chelsea.

Immediate improvements in players like Origi, Lallana, Firmino, Sakho, Lovren.

Excellent results against the big teams - Destroyed City twice in the league, draw to Arsenal, hammered Chelsea, 2 draws with Spurs.

Yes we threw away points where we shouldn't have but the signs were there, a playing style and spine of the team was emerging. He didn't buy a single player, went through one of the worst injury periods I have seen at the club and managed to get us to 2 cup finals (beating Dortmund, Villareal and United in the process)

Klopp didn't gut the squad, of the starting XI against Palace, he brought in 3 players the rest were bought by Rodgers.

I don't think United are willing to allow Jose time, he is brought into clubs for immediate success. You don't break a world record for Pogba, bring in Ibra and Mkhitaryan for a long term project. United are looking for an instant impact, to get back into the CL, challenge for the title and show they are the biggest club in England again.

I don't have any faux concern for United, every bad result I'm delighted with, but I do like to discuss the decline of a team I spent every day of my childhood hating for their dominance and success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Which style? The style that nullified Liverpool to 1 chance

[Picky mode on] It was 3 chances [/Picky mode off]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Had a read through all of today's posts just now. Some of the posts were excellent but the hack of the posts referring to Mourinho's tactics as being outdated and lying about him putting 10 behind the ball. This is just trite nonsense being recycled from articles written by professional journalists who should know better.

Hopefully Mourinho can get this show on the road soon so that we don't have to listen to the footballing connoisseurs beat on about "but dat pressing game tho" like they actually have a clue what they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I like the pressing game, but you would swear it was invented in last 2 seasons. Also its interesting reading people posts last year on giving Klopp time, but this season you have to deliver asap.

anyway roll on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We haven't won a game after any of our Europa League games this season. 2 losses and a draw.

Ah we are just getting our digs in earlier as we know he will turn it around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

J. Marston wrote: »
    We haven't won a game after any of our Europa League games this season. 2 losses and a draw.

Sunday is something to look forward to so! I didn't realise that at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Other side is Swansea have one point from their last five games.

The other side is that's the same number of league goals we have scored in he last handful of league games :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Other side is Swansea have one point from their last five games.

The other side is that's the same number of league goals we have scored in he last handful of league games :pac:

This Sunday! The movable object meets the stoppable force!

Who will emerge triumphant in this colossal battle of mediocrity!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement