Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thats the worrying thing you have city who will be there and abouts for 1st place Chelsea now in some serious serious form and very much so title contenders. Then you have Arsenal also in great form and obviously the big if IF they can keep it going will be up there to. Thats not even including Liverpool and Spurs.

Where do United come into all of this....

For a start lets just start winning games again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

seen a funny thing today about Utd....

united are trying to turn into all their rivals at once...

Spending money like city
    sacking their managers like chelsea
    trying to make top 4 like arsenal
    talking about their history like liverpool

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Quandary wrote: »
    Hopefully he can clear out all the dead weight and negative influences over the next two transfer windows.

That article is very plausible and really does highlight just what is going wrong at the club.

I made the same mistake many people did in that I looked at the squad and judged them a good enough set of players to be challenging for titles, and there is no doubt that there are talented players there. But the problem isn't talent, its becoming increasingly clear that the problem is the mentality, we have good players but we also have a bunch of weak characters and bad influences and we are seeing the effects of that on the field.

Most other teams would look at our squad and love to have our players, but if they are weak characters then they are absolutely no use to us at all. So forget title challenges, let the manager **** them all out and build a proper team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

bangkok wrote: »
    seen a funny thing today about Utd....

united are trying to turn into all their rivals at once...

Spending money like city
    sacking their managers like chelsea
    trying to make top 4 like arsenal
    talking about their history like liverpool

:pac:

cry1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah that wasn't funny at all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Win tomorrow and only 6 points off City (assuming they are title favourites). For as bad as we've been that's not the worst. Now if we could win 2/3 matches in a row :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

We need to win tomorrow. I don't think it's time to panic yet. As it stands only one team above us got full points. City dropped points, Everton dropped points and their GD was annihilated.
    The rest play each other so at least more will drop points.

If we win tomorrow by 2 goals we'll go 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

We on the box tomorrow or will I need to use other means :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

astradave wrote: »

Other means. 3pm kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »

If I have to listen to Jim Fukking Beglin I'll pull the speakers off the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

nicklauski wrote: »
    Other means. 3pm kick off.

No chance it's one of the 3pm ones that only Sky ireland have?

zerks wrote: »
    If I have to listen to Jim Fukking Beglin I'll pull the speakers off the TV.

There is some times I'm glad to be deaf :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Win tomorrow and only 6 points off City (assuming they are title favourites). For as bad as we've been that's not the worst. Now if we could win 2/3 matches in a row :)

Or lose and be 5 points from relegation zone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    No chance it's one of the 3pm ones that only Sky ireland have?

Afaik, that's Saturday only, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Afaik, that's Saturday only, isn't it?

Saturday only. Check liveonsat to see what channels have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

He's been largely ineffective lately and could do with a rest. Hopefully it's not an injury.

So long S he is shunted out wide, Rashford has been offering very little. Good news for Mkhi I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rashford is one of our best finishers it's no surprise when you put him wide with Ibrahimovic in middle he won't influence games as much. Put him on bench a d let him make an impact from 60 minutes up top instead of ibra if needed.

When have I ever disappeared when I was wrong about something and what have I been wrong of?

Well the one that annoyed me the most in recent times was your insistance Jose would play Rooney in centre mid.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Rashford is one of our best finishers it's no surprise when you put him wide with Ibrahimovic in middle he won't influence games as much. Put him on bench a d let him make an impact from 60 minutes up top instead of ibra if needed.

Ah he has played loads people saying dont burn him out and they are right plus give Mick his chance.

And Im ready :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Well the one that annoyed me the most in recent times was your insistance Jose would play Rooney in centre mid.

After Jose said at the start of the season he would never play Rooney centre mid and I said he would? Quote please

Ah he has played loads people saying dont burn him out and they are right plus give Mick his chance.

And Im ready :pac:

Yeh that's fair enough if it's a rest but if it's because of form I wouldn't agree with it.

After Jose said at the start of the season he would never play Rooney centre mid and I said he would? Quote please

Dont turn it into the bangkok show

#vile

Yeh that's fair enough if it's a rest but if it's because of form I wouldn't agree with it.

Ah he hasnt been anywhere near the bad enough to be dropped. Id say rest Jose does seem to be doing a decent bit of rotating

No intention of getting into a back and forth where you are moving the goalposts, read what I said again and if you still dont get it PM me sure.

Ah he hasnt been anywhere near the bad enough to be dropped. Id say rest Jose does seem to be doing a decent bit of rotating

If he aint gonna be in lineup where we gonna get pace? I can't see him starting with Miki already.

If he aint gonna be in lineup where we gonna get pace? I can't see him starting with Miki already.

I think when we play with Ibra up front tactics will dictate less of a need for pace unfortunetly. Martial looked a bit better on Thursday so he wil be the outlet on a counter I'd guess

Just see we after signing a new Belgian scout at least it's good to see them looking after the behind the scenes and future part of the club. Intresting that it was lvgs video analysis dude was the only member of his staff that stayed on he is one of the chief scouts or something now too i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In terms of his key staff (LVG's) Mourinho has a similar policy of instilling his own regular people in those roles so not surprising really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

In terms of his key staff (LVG's) Mourinho has a similar policy of instilling his own regular people in those roles so not surprising really.

No not surprising that jose changed staff I was more surprised that he was kept on as a club staff as such I thought he was really loyal to lvg but seemingly he had his blessing and doesn't look like lvg be needing him in a hurry.

I expect to see Martial and Young on the wings tomorrow with Mkhi on the bench again.. maybe even Mata out wide with Rooney at 10..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Today is one of those games where I would gladly take victory from a shot that takes two deflections on the way in!

Could turn out to be a crucial weekend,in the season if Utd could pick up 3 points and likes of Arsenal only get a point like City did yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we don't win today we can kiss top 4 goodbye.

Every point matters now and dropping another 2 or 3 points is going to leave us with no room to work with, we'll have to maintain 2.2 ppg just to hit 75 points and it might not even be good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

If we don't win today we can kiss top 4 goodbye.

Every point matters now and dropping another 2 or 3 points is going to leave us with no room to work with, we'll have to maintain 2.2 ppg just to hit 75 points and it might not even be good enough.

Ach sure you don't really want top 4 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Still only 8 points off the top 4 so a win today will put us back in the mix, defeat against Swansea is unthinkable.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

garra wrote: »
    Ach sure you don't really want top 4 anyway

Does anyone even remember when we used to have good trolls on this forum? :(

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Does anyone even remember when we used to have good trolls on this forum? :(

Maybe you don't get the reference, as long as Rayne does its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The reference is obvious.

Doesn't make it any less inane.

• Advertisement

I get the reference..

Still a **** joke..

Edit: and are you actually admitting to being a Wum and trying to get a rise from Rayne.. looks like you are..

The reference is obvious.

Doesn't make it any less inane.

Oh excuse me, Master adjudicator of comment quality and self-appointed overlord of all things said about Manu.. Comment was for Rayne and his silence would have been the end of it!!

Boys, break it up. If you think someone is trolling or WUMing, please report it and explain why. Otherwise, ignore.

Back to the game at hand today....

Edit: NVM didn't see mod note..

Oops :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Anyone know how your game is a 3pm ko.
    Theres been a rule the last few seasons that non-televised Sunday games must ko off at the same time as a televised game, which would have meant a 2.15 or 4.30 ko (bit like the way non-televised Hull v Southampton is 2.15 today).
    Why is todays game different.

Most boring question ever asked obviously. :)

Lord TSC wrote: »

Back to the game at hand today....

Yes I hope my iptv provider is up to Scratch as this is the first game this year not covered by English TV live.

Reallly hope we get a good win today we need a few goals badly to lift the spirits of every one in club.

• Team butchered today due to the amount we are missing.
    Herrera :(
    Skybox f3 is fooked too :(

Carrick surely gets a start

Yes I hope my iptv provider is up to Scratch as this is the first game this year not covered by English TV live.

Reallly hope we get a good win today we need a few goals badly to lift the spirits of every one in club.

I was thinking the same but I'll probably just have the pool match on the TV and source the United match thru other means from reddit or something on the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

We could quite easily lose/draw this game today with the players we have available :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement