Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    I was thinking the same but I'll probably just have the pool match on the TV and source the United match thru other means from reddit or something on the laptop

Its actually funny someone tagged me in a Facebook live stream of the game last week it was literally some dude holding his phone in front of the TV and streaming it to Facebook was the worst attempt I ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Bad sign when you are 'nearly' happy that it's not on tv. Lovely day out there.

Wimmer just scored a cracking header in the London derby just a pity it was in his own net.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Can be no excuses for not winning today,missing players yes but the squad is still plenty strong enough to get a result

Jose said a few weeks back that the teams above us all have to play each other in the coming weeks so now it's time to make a start at sorting out this mess and get back winning matches,starting today

No excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Wimmer just scored a cracking header in the London derby just a pity it was in his own net.

Thought it might have been called offside but I don't mind as I get some points for Ozil.. still think Spurs will score

Thought it might have been called offside but I don't mind as I get some points for Ozil.. still think Spurs will score

Should of been offside but them you see who the ref is.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Should of been offside but them you see who the ref is.

I'm surprised he didn't challenge for the ball himself :D

I'm surprised he didn't challenge for the ball himself :D

Rumours have it he gonna get his hair done like pogba to stand out.

Edit: just as I say it that was a dodgey peno to give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

1.1 now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

If we don't win today, I'll put a few quid on relegation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The rumored United team for today is one of the worst sides I have ever seen.

De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Young, Fellaini, Carrick, Pogba, Mata, Rooney, Ibrahimovic.

A terrible, TERRIBLE team.

The rumored United team for today is one of the worst sides I have ever seen.

De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Rojo, Young, Fellaini, Carrick, Pogba, Mata, Rooney, Ibrahimovic.

A terrible, TERRIBLE team.

Any word on the bench?

https://twitter.com/RobDawsonMEN/status/795256168075628544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Who will replace Jones after 10 mins due to injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Anyone care to P message me a good site to try to watch this. Legal of course !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I think this is the 5th year in a row where we've gotten to winter and are bereft of defenders. Has to be more than a coincedence at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    If we don't win today, I'll put a few quid on relegation...

Yeah if we can't beat bottom of the table Swansea then we're in huge trouble.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pogba can't be playing today can he? Would have thought he'd be rested after the knock in Turkey especially with the international break coming up next week. Don't want him named in the French squad if he is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

JONES?! What the heck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Hard to see that back 4 keeping a clean sheet. Hard to see us scoring more than 1. Exciting.

• Advertisement

Mkhitaryan not on the bench either.

I can't understand what Jose is at - the team, the absent selection - its perplexing. Is he giving up?

I can see the sense in the lineup apart from Jones I don't understand why blind is on the bench and Shaw not near the team I didn't think he was injured but midfield picked itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'M BAAAAAACK!

article-2306398-19332643000005DC-743_306x423.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Holy God

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Seeing that team not one bit confident

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There was an article linked yesterday that said when Mkhi was subbed off vs City, he demanded a transfer. You have to imagine there was some sort of bridge burning to not even make the bench today. Would love to know what happened.

Be interesting today, that's to say the least...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'M BAAAAAACK!

article-2306398-19332643000005DC-743_306x423.jpg

We're all making faces worse than that seeing the line out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That's just terrible unbalanced team

It's going to be a long day I fear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Slowest team in the history of the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We are doooooooooooooooooooooooomed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Carrick and Fellaini will at least give Pogba the licence to roam he seems to need. But with no width whatsoever and no pace it may not make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Glad to see Shaw getting a rest. He has been very poor lately. Not much pace in this team though. Hopefully Pogba will have a good game. He will likely get plenty freedom in a midfield with Fellaini and Carrick.

Wouldn't mind seeing TFM get a run out in midfield today at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Mourinho Mourinho I am perplexed , looking forward to the excuses and antics today. But we live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That's the slowest God Damn team I've ever seen.

Can't shake the feeling that Mourinho is giving up with that team selection. No pace, little creativity. Looks like a big 'fcuk you' to Shaw, Schneiderlin and Mkhitaryan too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sweet mother of Jesus, a serious lack of pace in the team, Young playing full back again, Rojo inside him is an accident waiting to happen!

Pogba back from the dead leg quickly though.

Martial and Rashford on the bench. At least some options available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Strange team to say the least. No mkhitarayan again. Rojo ahead of blind. See what happens, happy to see Carrick there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Is there anywhere to watch this match?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Might be the first game in years i wont watch.........that line up is depressing. :(

Edit: It aint on tv so atleast i have a reason not to watch, feck looking for a stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

De Gea
    TFM Blind Rojo Darmian
    Carrick Schneiderlin
    Mata Pogba Martial
    Rashford

And that's just using players from the bench. Such a better looking team imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Even the official twitter account seems bemused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If we don't get 3 points today I predict there will be a meltdown after seeing that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'm thankfull this isn't on tv and I can use that as an excuse not too match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

One thing that was difficult to critique Jose on previously was team selection it's never been rafaesque defuq.

Today win lose or draw even with a few players out that line up is pretty horrific.

I don't mind seeing shaw dropped he was pretty bad mid week. Rojo ahead of Blind is mind boggling. Miki didn't do himself any favours mid week either but I'm still shocked he didn't even make the bench.

No excuses today for Jose, this one is definitely on him should it go wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I do get why people are frustrated.

But Swansea have five points out of ten games this season. That team should still ****ing murder Swansea. Even if the defence is weak, the attacking line up....Mata, Rooney, Ibrahimovic and Pogba all together? They should be putting four or five past Swansea easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Looks like he's trying a diamond?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mkhitaryan not on the bench either.

I can't understand what Jose is at - the team, the absent selection - its perplexing. Is he giving up?

Ludicrous team selection. Absolutely ludicrous.

Rivals drop points and with our own history of not having the bottle to capitalise, we pick THAT team.

Hererra completely ommited? Carrick and Rooney starting? Shaw not in squad? Memphis at this stage gone in January.

Anything less then a win and there could well be an implosion. What a risky squad for this game

*Have been reminded of Herrera suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Even though I don't rate him I thought Rojo was one of the few players to do ok in the last few games he has played. I also think Jose preferred Jones to Blind because of Blind being left footed and playing o. The right. He commented on it in his post match interview.

Also, as much as I loved Schneiderlin at Southampton and I was delighted when we signed him, he really hasn't done anything lately to show he deserves a place in the first 11. Neither has Henrikh M. Lingard also deserved to be rested.

After seeing how lack lustre some of our players have been I think this line up is
    Jose giving a chance to a few players to stake a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ludicrous team selection. Absolutely ludicrous.

Rivals drop points and with our own history of not having the bottle to capitalise, we pick THAT team.

Hererra completely ommited? Carrick and Rooney starting? Shaw not in squad? Memphis at this stage gone in January.

Anything less then a win and there could well be an implosion. What a risky squad for this game

Suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I do get why people are frustrated.

But Swansea have five points out of ten games this season. That team should still ****ing murder Swansea. Even if the defence is weak, the attacking line up....Mata, Rooney, Ibrahimovic and Pogba all together? They should be putting four or five past Swansea easily.

I agree with you completely. But playing weaker teams shouldn't trigger "strange" team selection. By all means rest players if needed but this seems bizarre.

With all the problems at CB we need to get a pairing with some understanding and we won't get that if we keep swapping them out especially when he's choosing to play the weaker of the pairings.

Considering what you said above wouldn't it be the perfect match to give miki some premier league minutes to?

We have to at some point, we have the break and then arsenal. His selection is not based on "rest" it looks like team picked to punish the mid week performance rather than to win today.

/Takes off tinfoil hat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement