Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Apart from 2 or 3 games this is how we have been playing all season only different is we have taken our chances hopefully we keep it going now.

Honestly though, Carrick allows Pogba to do what he does best
    He doesn't have to worry about playing deep
    He can play further forward where he can do the damage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am not watching the game. But I have this sofascore.com website which updates automatically and continuously rates the players.

Our top three at the moment in ratings are:
    Zlatan 8.2
    Rooney 7.8
    Pogba 7.5

Our lowest three are:
    Darmian 6.4
    De Gea 6.5
    Fellaini 6.7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

dude seriously we get it you love Rooney but your embarrasing yourself no mention of the great goals scored by other players shows you agenda

I think it's Coleen...username kinda proves my suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am not watching the game. But I have this sofascore.com website which updates automatically and continuously rates the players.

Our top three at the moment in ratings are:
    Zlatan 8.2
    Rooney 7.8
    Pogba 7.5

Our lowest three are:
    Darmian 6.4
    De Gea 6.5
    Fellaini 6.7

Bit harsh on de Gea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Simple just keep Carrick fresh for PL games

No need for him to be playing mid week cup games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Easiest first half in a long long time.

• Quandary wrote: »
    Also have to give Ashley Young a lot of credit. He just gets on with it, does what he's asked to do and is a great squad player for us.

Great servant
    Same when LVG utilized him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah I like Young more now as a full back than I ever did as a winger. Very good player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honestly though, Carrick allows Pogba to do what he does best
    He doesn't have to worry about playing deep
    He can play further forward where he can do the damage

Yeh totally agree he does play better I said the other day Carrick does not do anything amazing he just does it all solid and allows pogba do his stuff. Ander in there instead of Fellaini would be a very energetic midfield 2 in front of Carrick.

• Advertisement

Bit harsh on de Gea.

Swansea's best ratings are 6.6 for both Rangel and Ki.
    Their worst is for their goalkeeper 5.2

Rojo is rated as our 4th best on the pitch at 7.3.

Bit harsh on de Gea.

Not really he has had fek all to do so he hasn't done anything exceptional. You want your keeper to be lowest rated because he wasn't tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Great first half bossed the game. Even Rooney looking good!

Nice to see Ibra back on form and Pogba free to do his thing!

3 more In the second half so!! Hopefully see some miki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Just read some of the post team announcement/pre kick off comments on here, they are brilliant:pac: Would reccommend.

Just goes to show football is very unpredictable.

• Hopefully see some miki.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Just read some of the post team announcement/pre kick off comments on here, they are brilliant:pac: Would reccommend.

Just goes to show football is very unpredictable.

#InJoseWeTrust :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lads, I need a swansea goal for a final leg in an accumulator, whats the chances of them getting one?
    Have a decent cashout option at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just realised there is no match thread? What happened to Zerks? He'll probably start one later tonight but when is the last time we had a league game with no match thread? Seems weird even though I never really go into them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Great first half bossed the game. Even Rooney looking good!

Nice to see Ibra back on form and Pogba free to do his thing!

3 more In the second half so!! Hopefully see some miki.

Mhikitarayn not on the bench.

I see United had 3 shots on target, 4 off target and 1 blocked shot at goal.
    92% pass accuracy.
    Swansea had 1 shot at goal and it was blocked with 80% pass accuracy.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Just realised there is no match thread? What happened to Zerks? He'll probably start one later tonight but when is the last time we had a league game with no match thread? Seems weird even though I never really go into them

Winning 0-3 at half time. I think he is fired :p

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Lads, I need a swansea goal for a final leg in an accumulator, whats the chances of them getting one?

On the first half they have no chance. Swansea created nothing and never looked like creating a thing. I'd take the cash out.

#Now watch them score within 30 seconds.

limnam wrote: »
    #InJoseWeTrust :pac:

They haven't got out of their own half at all, cash out or throw a few quid on Swansea to score, we have nothing at the back buy they haven't looked threatening at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

No need for one as I imagine the neutrals are too busy with their Sunday roast to post in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

As good as Carrick has been you put him in the team a gainist the top6 or 7 teams and he won't do anything. He'd get run all over the place and not get half the time he's getting from a poor swansea side

retalivity wrote: »

Havent really threatened at all

• sky88 wrote: »
    As good as Carrick has been you put him in the team a gainist the top6 or 7 teams and he won't do anything. He'd get run all over the place and not get half the time he's getting from a poor swansea side

That's all well and good but to win the league we have to get the "bread and butter" points on the board.
    This is why fergie loved him

We need to push on in the second half, should be thinking of goal difference in a game like today.

Unearthly wrote: »
    No need for one as I imagine the neutrals are too busy with their Sunday roast to post in it

Haha more worried about were all the Swansea fans would have went had they got a goal in early doors.

Mhikitarayn not on the bench.

Gay!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Zlatan's goal was the 25,000 goal in the premier league.

Why always him!

• Advertisement

20161106_155549.jpgDanny Dichio now thats a name I haven't heard in long time. Enjoying the Canadian sun by the looks of it.

Unearthly wrote: »

Sure Liverpool are playing at same time so a united match thread be to one sided!

• And you all laughed when my great m8 Phil was in the starting line up....just sayin'

That's all well and good but to win the league we have to get the "bread and butter" points on the board.
    This is why fergie loved him

Today's team is a team one would imagine Fergie would have played.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

sky88 wrote: »

If he was being played as part of a midfield two then I would completely agree with you but as part of a three he will nearly always get the additional time on the ball he needs to play that simple pass.

Jose realises we badly need that type of player in the team ahead of the centre halves. As has been the case at Utd for the last 6 odd years, we still don't have adequate cover for Carrick. IMO, Blind offers the closest like for like cover for Carrick but he needs to get a run in that position to see if he can do it consistently.

And you all laughed when my great m8 Phil was in the starting line up....just sayin'

His passing forward has been really good. Not tested behind at all yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    20161106_155549.jpgDanny Dichio now thats a name I haven't heard in long time. Enjoying the Canadian sun by the looks of it.

I somehow have ended up watching Bein Arabic. It's working fine so I'm not going to mess with it. Visitors in my gaff so hard to concentrate on the game.

Didn't get a chance earlier. We are winning without one so maybe this is the start of something new. Maybe I'll do a highlights thread for those who will watch motd.

zerks wrote: »
    I somehow have ended up watching Bein Arabic. It's working fine so I'm not going to mess with it. Visitors in my gaff so hard to concentrate on the game.

Yeh I seen it was on bein sport 7 but when ya have the option I went for english commentary haha it didn't seem to be on any of my nbcsn channels.

• Advertisement

• zerks wrote: »
    Didn't get a chance earlier. We are winning without one so maybe this is the start of something new. Maybe I'll do a highlights thread for those who will watch motd.

lol told ya bud

Either I do the match threads or if you do them we will lose :pac:

• Rojo is doing well. I was slating him a couple of weeks back but to his credit has done well since he has stepped in
    Surprisingly he's good in possession too

zerks wrote: »

OOOO lets try this. We need something new as we have lost our story segment

lol told ya bud

Either I do the match threads or if you do them we will lose :pac:

You need to add more panache and flair to yours.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If it stays like this it'll be a great weekend with all but Chelsea out of our title rivals dropping points!

• Pogbas fitness is a site to behold
    Honestly thought he wouldn't play today
    He's built like a tank has serious stamina

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If it stays like this it'll be a great weekend with all but Chelsea out of our title rivals dropping points!

Keep it classy now. Anyone that Gdont see pool as a rival clearly looking to start something.

Pogbas fitness is a site to behold
    Honestly thought he wouldn't play today
    He's built like a tank has serious stamina

Unreal stamina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Get martial on up front try get him a goal or 2. Might boost his confidence.

Time for rashers and Martrial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

jayo26 wrote: »
    Keep it classy now. Anyone that Gdont see pool as a rival clearly looking to start something.

Ah all kidding aside they're probably a top 4 rival with us and the gooners, with City v Chelsea for the league :(

But that's not as fun to type.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement