Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Can someone provide me with something to fish in, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

I have a horrible feeling it's going to be another terrible second half. We really need to stick it to teams like this when others are running up fives and sixes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney's hospital passes are unreal. Does he not actually see the Swansea players?

• Get Pogba off IMO, no need to get a yellow now and miss the next match
    Ah fs lads

Right get Pogba off 1 yellow from a ban next game arsenal

Balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Don't think he was onside at any point of that move, but good header nonetheless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Rojo, always a liability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Ah all kidding aside they're probably a top 4 rival with us and the gooners, with City v Chelsea for the league :(

But that's not as fun to type.

no fun in bringing trash talk into the thread either its bad enough.

• 3-3 bet just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Hope that lad didn't cash out 😦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

We need to wake the **** up here and get a bit more control in this game. We are just strolling about here

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    3-3 bet just incase

have us and pool -2 very annoyed now

• Well ****
    Ibra out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I swear to God we need to relearn how to do what Fer just did. We are terrible at the cynical end of the game these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Squeaky bum time against Swansea...... need someone to take charge.

Ffs zlatan yellow. Are united trying to make it difficult on themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Why no changes ffs.

Rooney on a hatrick and mata shoots wide ffs mata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Mata had about 3 kicks to take him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Rashford and/or Martial should really be brought on now.

• Advertisement

• Rashford and/or Martial should really be brought on now.

Agree, Ibra should have been taken off earlier. Now he's missing for the Arsenal game

Feck looked even.

• **** off never offisde

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Great first half, dreadful second half.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Great first half, dreadful second half.
    Wasn't that bad, always was going to be a Swansea fight
    Jose should have made subs earlier if I was to be ciritcal

That's more like it. Kill the game off early and stroll through the rest of the game. Only pity is Zlatan banned for Arsenal he'd have been brilliant for getting through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

duffman13 wrote: »
    Well after having a **** attack looking at our team I just seen the Swansea back 4, two inexperienced CBs and the same at LB. Both teams to score, United to win and Ibra two or more. Get on it, should be an interesting game

MOTM goes to duffman13. He was on the money today!

That puts us up to 6th as well on GD over Everton and we're not too far from the top 4 either. Get the win over Arsenal and we're only 3 points away from it somehow despite the terrrible start to the season. It's a mad league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Good win, but not going overboard and say that we are back. Swansea are in a relegation battle for a reason and they looked very poor today. The amount of room given to our players in the first half was criminal and we made them pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jayop wrote: »
    That puts us up to 6th as well on GD over Everton and we're not too far from the top 4 either. Get the win over Arsenal and we're only 3 points away from it somehow despite the terrrible start to the season. It's a mad league.

To quote Fergie, football, bloody hell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wasn't that bad, always was going to be a Swansea fight
    Jose should have made subs earlier if I was to be ciritcal

Its probably greedy of me, but I hate when a team switches off at 3-0 at half time. With how close things are, goal difference could play a major role this year, and if we came out in the second half to continue the way we did in the first, we could have put another 2 or 3 past them.

As I said, very happy with the first half; was everything that Stoke and Burnley wasn't in terms of taking chances. But the second half, to me, was back to the worst of things; no desire, no creativity.

Put it to you this way; Liverpool went into half time against Watford 3-0 up, but their attitude afterwards was to score three more. Thats what I want to see more of.

But **** it, at least its a win going into the international break :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Finally, a scoreline that reflects the performance.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Good win, but not going overboard and say that we are back. Swansea are in a relegation battle for a reason and they looked very poor today. The amount of room given to our players in the first half was criminal and we made them pay for it.

The last three games we've been very good in the first half but today we managed to finish our chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hope that lad didn't cash out 😦

I did :/

retalivity wrote: »
    I did :/

Sorry! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sunderland won with Moyes in the stands, we win with Jose in the stands, coincidence, I think not... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Beating Arsenal in 2 weeks time would be huge, handy enough run of fixtures after that game we could be back in the shake up by Christmas.

Beating Arsenal in 2 weeks time would be huge, handy enough run of fixtures after that game we could be back in the shake up by Christmas.

Only problem is Liverpool have what seems an easier run in.They play flat out for 90 minutes,we got 3 and then just relaxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I've been on Rooneys case for a while but I think that was his best game in a long time. He was flying around the pitch, some really good close control, seems to be going towards goal a lot more than in recent times years and busted a gut going forward. Nice to get a win again, hopefully the start of a little run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nice to have one of those games you just know from early on is in the bag. Swansea are dreadful. Was just keeping a mild eye on stream while playing games, genuinely. That early Rooney pass I just went **** off and moved the game to second monitor.

Ridiculous leaving Pogba and Zlatan on that late in the game running the risk of a suspension.

But nice to have that kinda no frills or spills game. So well done to manager and team for a comfy win.

zerks wrote: »
    Only problem is Liverpool have what seems an easier run in.They play flat out for 90 minutes,we got 3 and then just relaxed.

If we can get over Arsenal and hopefully Everton are still shaken from the hiding they got last weekend then we've Middlesborough, Sunderland and Weat Brom in three games.

It's not going to be easy but if we don't take 12-13 of those 15 points we will be as far off the top at Christmas as we are now.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't get carried away over Rooney,he had a similar performance once this season and people heralded it as a turning point.Between the assists he had some horrible moments.At least he was more positive in actually running towards goal but this performance is his level these days.

Playing flat out for 90 minutes is stupid once the game is won.

The thing is we relax a bit too much and give teams a chance.

Did Jose say anything of note after the game? I gave up on the stream.

duffman13 wrote: »
    I've been on Rooneys case for a while but I think that was his best game in a long time. He was flying around the pitch, some really good close control, seems to be going towards goal a lot more than in recent times years and busted a gut going forward. Nice to get a win again, hopefully the start of a little run

You're not allowed to say anything remotely positive about Rooney here.

The thing is we relax a bit too much and give teams a chance.

We really didn't today though and that's the point. Have we gave up a big lead this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

They've a lot less games without any European games. Hence they'll always have more stamina.

Julez wrote: »
    They've a lot less games without any European games. Hence they'll always have more stamina.

Doesn't matter they can still run out of steam later in the season if they play like that every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Did Jose say anything of note after the game? I gave up on the stream.

He said it was the effects of the Thursday match that affected the 2nd half, as they arrived back in Manchester at 4am, something about problems with planes and then arriving in Swansea last night at 8pm, so he said tiredness affected the 2nd half.
    Praised Young, Rojo and Darmian. Also praised Jones saying he was not ready to return but he was mentally ready and played great despite the lack of football.

• Advertisement

I thought Darmian was poor with the ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement