Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok Gary, tell us how you really feel...

https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/795278320858501121

Why are people surprised by the United line up. The ones he's left out have been S@@t!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads did Phil Jones complete 90 minutes and not explode?

Also can't wait to see a few of his funny faces from today :)

Because it was discussed very briefly the other day.

Ronaldo has signed a new contract with Real till 2021. At least we avoided the usual batting of eyelids this time round...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Shaw stuff is baffling, all the talent in the world but his mentality is becoming more questionable by the week and his family members slagging off Mourinho on social media was always going to work out well!

He needs to react to this in a positive way because he's contracted to the club until 2019 and Mourinho could make life difficult, if he starts pushing for a move to a rival team I'd imagine Mourinho could sit him in the stands indefinitely.

Mkhitaryan seems to be in the same boat, and Schneiderlin. It's important we put faith in the manager because if they believe he will be sacked if they don't perform the losing mentality we have will never be broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Nah, itd likely be Mkhitaryan or Smalling I'd say. Shaw had a double leg break, hard to criticise that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Nah, itd likely be Mkhitaryan or Smalling I'd say.

So far Mkhitaryan has appeared to be an honest, hard working professional. I can't imagine he'd be the one causing friction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Nah, itd likely be Mkhitaryan or Smalling I'd say. Shaw had a double leg break, hard to criticise that.

I was hit by a car when I was 10, gonna ring in sick for work tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

J. Marston wrote: »

Those quotes aren't quite accurate. Jose said culture issues not the culture so that would point it to Mkhitaryan rather than Shaw.

Interview;

The fact that we can read those quotes, and go "Oh, is he referring to X, Y or Z" sums up a lot of the issues with the players at the moment....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jayop wrote: »
    We really didn't today though and that's the point. Have we gave up a big lead this season?

We haven't had too many big leads this season:(

It's a pity we now have an international break coming up so any potential momentum is put on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

I know it's been said countless times at this stage but I'd love Phil Jones to get a run of games without getting injured. I feel he has a bit of character about him that the team could do with.

Phil Jones get a tattoo of Big Ben or what the hell is it?

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/795333051375087616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Is this quote real? Seems to be from before the match..

https://twitter.com/Zippy_Penguin/status/795279464435421184

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

PL 2015-2016 - Bournemouth v Man U - 2 - 1
    PL 2016-2017 - Bournemouth v Man U – 1 - 3 :D

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Southampton - 0 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Southampton – 2 - 0 :D

PL 2016-2017 - Hull v Man U - 0 - 1 :D

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Man C - 0 -0
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Man C – 1 - 2 :mad:

EL 2016-2017 - Feyenoord v Man U – 1 – 0 :mad:

PL 2015-2016 - Watford v Man U - 1 -2
    PL 2016-2017 - Watford v Man U – 3 - 1 :mad:

EFLC 2016-2017 Northampton v Man U – 1 - 3 :D

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Leicester City - 1 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Leicester City - 4 - 1 :D

EL 2016-2017 - Man U v Zorya Luhansk – 1 - 0 :D

PL 2015-2016 - Man U v Stoke - 3 -0
    PL 2016-2017 - Man U v Stoke – 1 - 1 :rolleyes:

PL 2015-2016 - Liverpool v Man U - 0 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Liverpool v Man U – 0 – 0 :rolleyes:

EL 2016-2017 - Man U v Fenerbahce – 4 - 1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

PL 2015-2016 - Chelsea v Man U - 1 -1
    PL 2016-2017 - Chelsea v Man U – 4 - 0 :mad:

EFLC 2016-2017 Man U v Man C – 1 – 0 :D

PL 2016-2017 – Man U v Burnley – 0 – 0 :rolleyes:

EL 2016-2017 – Fenerbahce v Man U – 2 – 1 :mad:

PL 2015-2016 - Swansea v Man U - 2 - 1
    PL 2016-2017 - Swansea v Man U – 1 - 3 :D

P17 - W9 - D3 - L5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's Shaw and Smalling according to M.E.N.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-mourinho-fury-12136445

Basically saying that they wouldn't play thru the pain barrier for the team and let their team mates down with Bailly and Valencia out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Did José say anything about Martial's agent and the whole silliness of the swapping shirt numbers?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Did José say anything about Martial's agent and the whole silliness of the swapping shirt numbers?

Was surprised to see all that rubbish resurface this weekend, thought everyone had gotten over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was surprised to see all that rubbish resurface this weekend, thought everyone had gotten over that.

Martial's agent apparently hasn't, it screams of childish petulance on his and Martial's part..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Can see this coming back to bite you

1 goal out.... Went for 4-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Would they all just shut the **** up and stop being absolute pussys. Your paid 100k, get the **** on with it.

Carrick excellent again today, such a different team with him in it. Gives freedom to pogba and his passes are fantastic. 100% record with him in the team this year. Class

We need to keep Young in the team. He gives 110%. Id keep Carrick in there too.

astradave wrote: »
    It's Shaw and Smalling according to M.E.N.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-mourinho-fury-12136445

Basically saying that they wouldn't play thru the pain barrier for the team and let their team mates down with Bailly and Valencia out.

‘There is a difference between the brave, who want to be there at any cost, and the ones for who a little pain can make a difference,’ Mourinho declared. ‘If I were to speak with the many great football people of this team, they will say many times they played without being 100 per cent. For the team you have to do anything. That is my way of seeing.’

He added: ‘We have players with problems. To compete you have to go to the limit. It is cultural for some - and this is my culture. More than me, it is Man United.’

While no names were mentioned in his post-match outburst, Mourinho had earlier told MUTV that Smalling ‘doesn’t feel that he can play 100 per cent with his pain’. He added: ‘Luke Shaw told me this morning that he was not in the condition to play so we had to build a defensive line.’

Jose praised Daley Blind saying he had problems ‘but he put himself available to be on the bench and to try to help the team’.

Sounds like the pair were saving themselves for the England v Scotland game.I can't see them lasting at United with attitudes like that,in the old days Keano,Robson etc. would murder them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Martial's agent apparently hasn't, it screams of childish petulance on his and Martial's part..

His comments were reasonable tbf.

Only saw now that Zlatan scored the EPL'S 25,000th goal.He was asked after the game if he was aware of the feat he was humble as usual: 'Ah, no I wasn’t. I thought it was only me who had scored 25,000…”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

astradave wrote: »
    Is this quote real? Seems to be from before the match..

https://twitter.com/Zippy_Penguin/status/795279464435421184

Technically yes but not in the same sentence or even from the same question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

beno619 wrote: »
    His comments were reasonable tbf.

They were reasonable 3 months ago but Martial needs to move on, his focus needs to be back on the pitch. He gets his head right in the next few weeks he could really kick on.

Even Deschamps has told him he needs to focus after dropping him from the French squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

zerks wrote: »
    Only saw now that Zlatan scored the EPL'S 25,000th goal.He was asked after the game if he was aware of the feat he was humble as usual: 'Ah, no I wasn’t. I thought it was only me who had scored 25,000…”

I'd say a lot of people on here with egg in their face after the lineup debacle :)

If smelling and Shaw are fit for England and play it's a disgrace and jose is right to highlight it. That's the problem with no leaders. If Keane was there and 2 young lads tried that they would hear about it .

HAHAHA @ Ibra, ****ing class. And he's been quality in nearly every game. His link up play is top notch.

In the 92nd minutes he was pressing defenders and screaming for our midfield to press higher up and got pissed when he turned to find 10 players behind the halfway line.

mod snip. No stream discussions please.

Think mourinho was bang out of order naming the 2 players. Should be all kept behind closed doors. Nothing good can come of naming them in public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

duffman13 wrote: »
    They were reasonable 3 months ago but Martial needs to move on, his focus needs to be back on the pitch. He gets his head right in the next few weeks he could really kick on.

Even Deschamps has told him he needs to focus after dropping him from the French squad

That's all well and true, but id imagine the question was asked and the agent answered. It doesn't sound like Martial instructed his agent to start shooting his mouth off all of a sudden.

bangkok wrote: »
    Think mourinho was bang out of order naming the 2 players. Should be all kept behind closed doors. Nothing good can come of naming them in public

The problem is that too a many players seemingly have grown very, very soft because they feel there will be no public repercussions for the negative attitudes. It's about time they get thrown under a bus.

Victor Anichebe cracked a rib in the first half yesterday,got patched up and played on.Some of our lads are just too soft.

I'm gonna hold fire, if both players report for England duty ill be fairly ****ed off. I presume both players were deemed fit by the club and said they didn't feel right. It'll be interesting to see what comes out. Shaw in particular needs to sort out his family on social media, that kind of **** wouldn't fly under Fergie.

I usually would agree with your sentiment on this one but it feels like Mourinho wanted to (or felt the need to) make an example of them

• Advertisement

All he said was they cried off as unable to play.Fergie would have said the same.

beno619 wrote: »
    That's all well and true, but id imagine the question was asked and the agent answered. It doesn't sound like Martial instructed his agent to start shooting his mouth off all of a sudden.

I agree but Martial has this guy hired to give him advice etc. If he can't keep his mouth shut and keep the (negative) focus away from Martial then that's not a good sign. His agent if looking out over his best interests would have just said Anthony is focused on getting a run of games etc. There is no need to fan the flames

All he said was they cried off as unable to play.Fergie would have said the same.

No chance would Ferguson have said it because they would have played, but if something did happen we would never hear about it, player would have been fined and that would have been the end of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If it is a case of players are not giving there all for the club well I for one would support mourinho if he has clearance from above to weed out players that are not 100 percent commit to the club I'd suffer lack short time success to achieve that I just hope its not jose falling out with people but we will only find out in time.

Are we suggesting Ferguson never publicly criticised a player? Because he has.

All managers do it

• Advertisement

Shaw and Smalling have been left out of the England squad anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,591 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Only problem is Liverpool have what seems an easier run in.They play flat out for 90 minutes,we got 3 and then just relaxed.

Let them, there are no points to be won for running around for the most km, or (as we found last year) possession, and goal difference is only worth half a point a season. Let them run around pointlessly, expend energy and increase their risk of injury.
    duffman13 wrote: »
    I've been on Rooneys case for a while but I think that was his best game in a long time.

It's good to know he can still perform when we're playing relegation candidates :p

Scrap the cap!

Rooney played well today but Swansea are terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Let them, there are no points to be won for running around for the most km, or (as we found last year) possession, and goal difference is only worth half a point a season. Let them run around pointlessly, expend energy and increase their risk of injury.

It's good to know he can still perform when we're playing relegation candidates :p

Such a silly way to look at it. They have a week or more to recover every week so going flat out for 90 minutes isn't a big deal. Also, smashing teams, winning away at your rivals and averaging almost 3 goals a game tends to build a bit of a fear factor. So it's hardly pointless running around, is it?

You'd wonder when people will actually stop laughing at Liverpool and realise they're miles ahead of us.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Such a silly way to look at it. They have a week or more to recover every week so going flat out for 90 minutes isn't a big deal. Also, smashing teams, winning away at your rivals and averaging almost 3 goals a game tends to build a bit of a fear factor. So it's hardly pointless running around, is it?

You'd wonder when people will actually stop laughing at Liverpool and realise they're miles ahead of us.

They are no more miles ahead. 11 games in. Wait the full 38.

Are we suggesting Ferguson never publicly criticised a player? Because he has.

All managers do it

In 26 years.... Rarely. Compared to mourinho, practically never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

In 26 years.... Rarely. Compared to mourinho, practically never

Ferguson was a fantastic manager but take the rose tinted glasses off he had his fair share of ousting players

The last fella you'd want Zlatan aiming a flying kick at,if he connected,Jones would have shattered like the T1000 in Terminator 2.

OWvDKEY.png

Lads, no talk of streams, streaming sites, etc.

Going to be deleting posts discussing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The last fella you'd want Zlatan aiming a flying kick at,if he connected,Jones would have shattered like the T1000 in Terminator 2.

OWvDKEY.png

Zlatan is godlike

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement