Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Pretty sure I read a few articles that came out saying that Shaw was dumbfounded and upset/angry with the critisism.

Ill have a look and try find them.. I might be imagining things though :D

But he aint on international duty :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol

Great argument, well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

So who wants another new manager then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You know you're own body better than anyone else.

I don't believe shaw or smalling would intentionally force themselves out of reckoning for a game unless they felt it was necessary.

Nobody has suggested they did.

But the final part of your post is the relevant bit. They felt it was necessary.

Jose is saying, based on what I don't know, that they need to get on with it and drive through the pain, the team needs them.

I have no idea as to their actual medical condition, but I assuming that since it is open the the issues must be minor enough (as in not a broken leg or hamstring etc).

Either way, if I was Smalling or Shaw what is the point giving out or saying you are shocked? Jose is now the boss, either get on board or you will find yourself cast aside (or of course hope for another manager). Again, if you are either of the two players you should be seriously worried about your future with MU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    But he aint on international duty :):)

CcTgBC6WIAAX65o.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol

In fairness Pro.F makes a good point. Within that post, that is probably going to get missed.

Jose's squad management thus far has left A LOT to be desired. The only explanation is him feeling the pressure and being desperate, which is in turn also a massive concern since he's only 11 games into the league.

A big concern at the moment is him running Rashford into the ground, and Martial looking like the 50m flop that was predicted by some rags last season when he joined. The two being crow barred out wide left, resulting in no chances for Memphis, is hampering three players for no real gains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pretty sure I read a few articles that came out saying that Shaw was dumbfounded and upset/angry with the critisism.

Ill have a look and try find them.. I might be imagining things though :D

Thought that was Rooney,sounds very much like what he (or "the sources") said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pro. F wrote: »

He's not arguing, he's laughing.

Nalz wrote: »
    He's not arguing, he's laughing.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Awww r all the bitching and crap from press it now turns out that Luke Shaw is training at Carrington this week on a fitness programme. The chap did the same when lvg criticised him for starting pre season in bad shape when he joined united first so maybe jose knows what he is at again. Of course some of the rags are reporting it that he is forced to train alone but of course he is the rest of first team are on a break.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    In fairness Pro.F makes a good point. Within that post, that is probably going to get missed.

Jose's squad management thus far has left A LOT to be desired. The only explanation is him feeling the pressure and being desperate, which is in turn also a massive concern since he's only 11 games into the league.

A big concern at the moment is him running Rashford into the ground, and Martial looking like the 50m flop that was predicted by some rags last season when he joined. The two being crow barred out wide left, resulting in no chances for Memphis, is hampering three players for no real gains.

Only explanatiion well thats a load of crap considering there has been plenty of theories it might be the only one you will consider as you drum your anti Jose drum.

Rashford was rested the last day.

Martials slump is extended back to last season which he carried into the euros and now into this season, there actually has been some recent signs of improvement of late but not massive. But thats probably down to the player I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Korat wrote: »
    So who wants another new manager then?

Not the answer, just need this lot, manager and squad to pull together and climb the table. They are good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jose alienating quality players not really a surprise.
    Last few years his man management has been very poor. Ever since what at happened at Real seems to have affected hi where he fell out with the whole dressing him as he constantly blamed players individually.

Salah - One if the best players in Serie A
    Cuadrado - Poor under Mourinho but given few chances. Juve's best player this season.
    De Bruyne - World class player
    Lukaku - One the best strikers in the PL

4 top quality players sold by Mourinho. Mkhitaryan looks to be next to join this list.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Last few years his man management has been very poor. Ever since what at happened at Real seems to have affected hi where he fell out with the whole dressing him as he constantly blamed players individually.

Cuadrado - Poor under Mourinho but given few chances. Juve's best player this season.

4 top quality players sold by Mourinho. Mkhitaryan looks to be next to join this list.

I could swear this is a copy and paste from the last time you visited us..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Young footballers get better when they get older... shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

J

Yep, all he's done since is win a premier league and a league cup.

Useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Keep trying, keep fishing, but don't keep using the same lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think the only reason this is getting brought up with the press is cause they know jose is an easy story to write and there english theyll always try pick up for there own.

And on this jose alienating players every single manager does it. Klopp is doing it to sahko right now for attitude issues, lvg done it to valdes, capello done to beckham at madrid and im sure there plenty other times managers.

The key here is that jose does not alienate most of the squad like he has done at chelsea and madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Again, if you are either of the two players you should be seriously worried about your future with MU.

It could be just me but I get the impression that alot of players wouldnt worry about their future with man united, not saying smalling and shaw in particular but I have yet to think that a player was desperate to stay at United as there are so many options for them to continute their career. Past players yes Raf, Evans, Welbeck im sure were sad to leave but with exception of Mata and Herrera I doubt many would be to pushed.

Shaw would still get a great wage, Smalling also. I know I only see them for maybe 180 minutes a week, but for the past few years it hasnt felt that many players genuinely care about the club in the same vein we do.

I guess what im trying to say is that players care more about their own career then the club, which is fair enough, its a business to be fair and the club wont have much sentiment towards them if roles were reversed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Keep trying, keep fishing, but don't keep using the same lines.

Using sh!te as bait is proven to be pretty unsuccessful.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Some people talk some ****e, and I may be head of that queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mol.jpg

Seems Michael OLeary doesnt like Man U supporters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Oh Shaw is quality now that it fits your agenda? Wasn't long ago that Moreno was the better of the 2 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That job description is one of the best I've ever seen. I'd love to go work for him for a few years if I was 10 years younger and more ambitious.

Oh Shaw is quality now that it fits your agenda? Wasn't long ago that Moreno was the better of the 2 :pac:
    I have always thought Shaw was a good player. Just that Moreno is a better player going forward. Wouldn't call Shaw top quality though. He does seem a little bit heavy but Mourinho's individual criticism of him has been poor.

I have no agenda against Mourinho just think his man management style is very poor along with many hypocritical moments when things don't go his way. He is still a good manager but he has fallen behind the modern game.
    Unlike Ferguson who adapted as the game evolved in his 23 years as manager which made him one of the greats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What about Pep with selling Eto'o, Ibra and Toure, three world class players. He also publically lambasted his medical team at Bayern. I presume you are in the City thread jibbering on about that?

Or Klopp calling out Sturridge last year or freezing out Sakho this year, I presume you have issue with that?

I wonder though, what is the difference between the two above and Jose?

It couldn't be because he is managing United, could it?

You are honestly embarrassing yourself at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Muahahaha wrote: »
    mol.jpg

Seems Michael OLeary doesnt like Man U supporters

I'm a Dub fan, Utd fan and cyclist. If I meet O'Leary I'm going to challenge him to a fight for his business, winner takes all. My dislike of him is even greater than Jose.

Come on United.

What about Pep with selling Eto'o, Ibra and Toure, three world class players. He also publically lambasted his medical team at Bayern. I presume you are in the City thread jibbering on about that?

Or Klopp calling out Sturridge last year or freezing out Sakho this year, I presume you have issue with that?

I wonder though, what is the difference between the two above and Jose?

It couldn't be because he is managing United, could it?

You are honestly embarrassing yourself at this stage.
    The difference is that there is multiple examples of Jose alienating quality players rather one individual case. Main reason I'm discussing Mourinho because he is publicly criticising players nearly every week at this stage even after a win.

The difference is that there is multiple examples of Jose alienating quality players rather one individual case. Main reason I'm discussing Mourinho because he is publicly criticising players nearly every week at this stage even after a win.

Nearly every week? I can think of two occasions since the start of the season where he's done it. Shaw for ballsing up for a goal and this one where the players were named before the game, not after the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pro. F wrote: »

Sometimes it's easier to laugh at your statements than argue against you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'm honestly dumbfounded.. klopp says sturridge needs to play through the pain and the media drill up "the boss is in town, get with the programme or get out"

Wenger just criticised his teams mental fortitude in the north London derby. Glossed over.

Not a word said...

Quick jose commented that two players pulled out and questioned their pain.........HE'S LOST THE DRESSING ROOM....

Now we are saying give Shaw a break.....this is TWO top class managers irrespective of style they know what a winning team is and certainly can discern what an adequate fitness level is.

Get with the programme or fcuk off. These are not your children...theyre professional footballers who get paid inordinate sums of money. Money that if a CEO of a bank or MLC was getting paid you would be expected could walk the walk and have the mental fortitude to get the job done, not run off to the papers and have a whinge when the going gets tough.

For the first time in 3 years I'm enjoying watching United play. There is plenty of progression in our forward play and that's evident in both shots on goal and chances crested. All we need is to be a little more clinical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I have always thought Shaw was a good player. Just that Moreno is a better player going forward. Wouldn't call Shaw top quality though. He does seem a little bit heavy but Mourinho's individual criticism of him has been poor.

I have no agenda against Mourinho just think his man management style is very poor along with many hypocritical moments when things don't go his way. He is still a good manager but he has fallen behind the modern game.
    Unlike Ferguson who adapted as the game evolved in his 23 years as manager which made him one of the greats.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For the first time in 3 years I'm enjoying watching United play. There is plenty of progression in our forward play and that's evident in both shots on goal and chances crested. All we need is to be a little more clinical.

While the football is better then moyes and lvg im still not enjoying watching them but that may be because of results more than anything.

sky88 wrote: »
    While the football is better then moyes and lvg im still not enjoying watching them but that may be because of results more than anything.

How anyone can have watched the last 3 first halves and the second half from Burley and not enjoyed how we played is beyond me. Yes the Burley game was massively frustrating but we played excellent football. The Europa game was similar in that our general play in the first half was very good but the final ball was poor and we looked great against Swansea. Now you can talk about the quality of the opposition but we can only play what we're up against.

Hopefully with the Arse game being at home we'll not sit back so much and really have a right good go at them. Zlatan is a huge loss though.

Jayop wrote: »
    Nearly every week? I can think of two occasions since the start of the season where he's done it. Shaw for ballsing up for a goal and this one where the players were named before the game, not after the win.
    http://ghanasoccernet.com/5-times-jose-mourinho-has-already-publicly-criticised-man-utd-players-since-taking-over

One isolated incident is fine. But doing it after a very poor result is just trying as usual trying to deflect blame from yourself.

Since someone else brought up Klopp.

Klopp has often taken the blame for his players

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/653585/Jurgen-Klopp-Liverpool-injured-Alberto-Moreno-Europa-League-LFC-News

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/516630/Jurgen-Klopp-Liverpool-Sevilla-Europa-League

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10234029/liverpool-draw-adds-spice-to-second-leg-says-jurgen-klopp

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/swansea-3-liverpool-1-jurgen-klopp-defends-daniel-sturridge-after-fan-snub-and-takes-blame-for-a7009131.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Moreno now we know you are talking complete nonsense

I'm fairly sure I remember you arguing with a United fan that Liverpool were getting the better LB in Moreno. In fact you said you could see Moreno going on to be one of the best LBs in the world :pac: :pac: :pac:

Why don't you go an look up the repeated times that Mourinho took the heat for his players and insisted that he was to blame over the years. He was accused many times of trying to make it all about him but most recognized he was trying to take the blame on behalf of the players.

Sometimes it's easier to laugh at your statements than argue against you.

Obviously it is easier to write "lol" than it is to use your words to express the point you disagree with.

I'm fairly sure I remember you arguing with a United fan that Liverpool were getting the better LB in Moreno. In fact you said you could see Moreno going on to be one of the best LBs in the world :pac: :pac: :pac:
    IIRC I argued Moreno at 12m was a better deal than 30m for Shaw & that he is better going forward than Shaw. Don't think I ever said Moreno was going to be one of the best LBs in the world. That would be the Man Utd fans who claimed Darmian was a much better player than Clyne lol.:pac:

• Advertisement

• It's ok we are all gob****es now according to Pro F
    So yes, I will ****ing laugh at you

IIRC I argued Moreno at 12m was a better deal than 30m for Shaw & that he is better going forward than Shaw. Don't think I ever said Moreno was going to be one of the best LBs in the world. That would be the Man Utd fans who claimed Darmian was a much better player than Clyne lol.:pac:

Zing!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92909313&postcount=750

Ghanasoccernet

:pac:

I hadn't bothered clicking it initially but I just did and it's lol worthy what they are saying is the 5 examples of him publicly humiliating his players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You are COMPLETELY deflecting the argument.

The point I was making is that Klopp and Pep are seemingly above reproach despite doing EXACTLY the same things that you are bitching about Jose for doing.

There is one reason and one reason alone that you are doing that.

You know it.

I know it.

Everyone on here knows it.

:pac: Had forgotten I had said that. That prediction is not going to happen unfortunately. Still think Moreno can be a good LB but his defensive game will mean he won't ever reach that level. He is still just 24 though so still young especially for a defensive position where experience is vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Everyone on here knows it.

The mods don't seem to know it.

• Advertisement

No no no no... Mourinho is never to blame!! He just throws all his players under the bus(!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement