Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• If any other manager said it there would be noting about it

But when its Jose,the mediarivals just lose the run of themselves

fyp

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The mods don't seem to know it.

One person reported one post. One. I don't know how often I have to say this; if you think someone is trolling, report it, ignore it. I don't read every post in here, and I'd wager the other mods tend not to read anything in here, no more than I'm reading the Chelsea or Liverpool or Arsenal threads. So on days like today, where I'm out for a few hours, it's going to be reported posts that get stuff like this shut down quickly. Especially in terms of creating a paper trail than I can point to and go "Look, this user is very obviously winding up people, and here's proof".

Anyway, MD1990; card issued and because it's third this season, it's a two week ban. No more discussion on him, please, since he can no longer reply.

While I'm at it, sReq | uTeK, Pro F and M!Ck^, get back on topic rather than the stupid "lol" posts. If ye want to have moans at each other, PM. Otherwise, back on topic.

I only got to watch the full match last night so I'm late to the debate. It's a relief to see the team pick up three points on the road or anywhere, but is there any chance we can play that Swansea from the first-half every week please? They were barely fúcking present.

Although it can be said that the game was over by halftime, hence argued that our lads eased off in the second half, I don't take comfort in that second half performance. Swansea got back into the game, if not the scoreline, a little too easily and less than ten minutes after starting to play some football and compete in the game, they had a goal.

Moyes' Sunderland, never mind Moyes' United, would have scored in that first-half against that Swansea. I didn't like how much space they were given in the second half and how easily their fast players got behind our defenders. Did we allow them to play better because of the scoreline? Or did they simply just wake-up and we were unable to deal with it at times in the second half? Our defence had it easy in the first half, but would that have been the case if Barrow and Montero (the effective Swansea subs) had started the game?

Anyway, along with the three points I can definitely take some positives from the game outside of the win - Zlatan back scoring, as well as his good link-up play this is a great thing for the team, Rooney putting in a worthy and effective performance, Pogba even more so, Mata continuing to make his importance to Jose's United known, Michael Carrick making a case for being a definite starter against teams outside of the top six, Phil 'Indiana' Jones and the Temple of Resurrection, some really effective link-up play with our attacking players...many good things despite Swansea being absent for 45 minutes.

Another poster said a few pages ago that this was standard level for Rooney these days (in a negative way), but as someone who has pointed out his flaws and will again, I disagree with that. Never mind the two assists, his work-rate and more importantly what he produced from it was a positive contribution to the team and the win. He did make sloppy passes unfortunately which ended one or two attacks early on in the game, he did choose to take on a terrible shot when Zlatan was unmarked at the six-yard box in the first-half, but because these were in the minority compared to his positive moments in a prolific performance, I can only say that he had a very good game where he played for the team, rather than himself.

In isolation with this one game, that is a good thing. Overall though, I would not be saying that he is back to his best or that this is extremely positive for his future at United, but it is promising. It also shows that like Michael Carrick, there is a time and a place in the team for those players who are in the latter end of their careers.
    HAHAHA @ Ibra, ****ing class. And he's been quality in nearly every game. His link up play is top notch.

In the 92nd minutes he was pressing defenders and screaming for our midfield to press higher up and got pissed when he turned to find 10 players behind the halfway line.

...resetting themselves and readying for the final minute of injury time where Swansea would make one last attempt to score. You're right, Ibra's link-up play is impressive, but your recollection of the bolded part misrepresents what actually happened and I disagree with the 'Good Guy Zlatan' sentiment behind it.

United had just given away a free-kick deep in Swansea's half near the corner which their keeper was running over to take. At that point going into the final minute of injury time, just about everyone watching would expect the GK to hoof it up into our half. For some reason though, he chose to play it short to one of the defenders beside him in the corner. That's why there was such a berth between Zlatan and the other United players. Only Superman would have gotten up to support Zlatan then.

We don't have Superman, but we have potentially the next best thing on a football pitch, Paul Pogba. Swansea tried to play it out from that GK's short free-kick and eventually got dispossessed by Pogba at the MF line, who dashed forward playing a one-two with Zlatan. But once Pogba didn't play Zlatan through after that he totally checked out of the play and started waving his arms in frustration. There is a case that Zlatan was through, there is also a case that Pogba thought that Zlatan had ran offside or had not got the pace at that point in the game to beat that final Swansea defender. More than any of that, maybe Pogba was holding onto possession because he would rather face repercussions from his team-mate than his manager.

In the meantime though, Pogba still was advancing with possession and was fighting off two Swansea defenders in the box. Zlatan made absolutely no attempt to get back onside (it was Pogba advancing his position with the two Swansea defenders that brought Zlatan back onside) or any attempt to help Pogba out. He just stood there, the nearest United player to Pogba, as a waiting bystander. When Pogba eventually got pressured over the line and gave away the goal-kick, Zlatan just waved his arms in frustration once again.

Zlatan scoring two and his overall play are impressive enough. People don't need to invent or spin events (unintentionally or otherwise) to big him up.

There was a similar one about a month ago beatifying Zlatan while Rooney got crucified for not breaking United's defensive shape and pointlessly pressuring with Zlatan in the final minutes when United needed to see out a very nervy and unimpressive 1-0 win against Zorya at Old Trafford. Working and pressing late in a game as a lone striker is admirable even if it is a minimum requirement for this level, but waving your arms regularly in frustration at your team-mates for acting as a team late in the game is just petulant. I don't begrudge Zlatan or any player a brief "Why didn't you pass it to me? I was clean-through..." look of frustration in the moment (Zlatan rightfully had one of Rooney in the first half against Swansea), but these moments that get highlighted as 'Zlatan the Great' serve the opposite effect for me. Despite a selfish nature being a positive part of the player he is, there are times when he has to realise that the team is more than just him and these are a few examples.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pro. F wrote: »
    Jose is doing a great job of pinning the blame for our problems on the players. The gobshíte majority are always going to jump at the chance to vent about "over payed prima donas" and the like.

Why don't you complain on redcafe about their majority of gob****es instead of here?

Jose is right to pin blame elsewhere, specifically the players if he thinks they are not doing what they should be. The players do deserve blame for their performances so I am not sure why he would protect them, they need to earn that courtesy. Jose needs to improve himself but the players have to share in that need to improve.

On Shaw, so far, it was a terrible signing, LVG saw problems with his fitness, he barely played in his first season then suffered a terrible injury that could stop him reaching his potential. He has a lot to prove so people here or the majority elsewhere are right to question his ultimate progression and current worth/value to Manchester United.

I don't disagree that Jose should question players commitment should that be what's needed, and for the most part I do believe that is what's needed with many of these players. However, in Shaw's case it is different. It is barely 14 months since his leg break and has he even played 10 matches yet since recovery? He's very much still in recovery IMO. Shaw needs to get back to fitness asap and realise that he is far from the finished article, tell his brother to shut the fúck up on social media, but he's a different case then some of our other injured players. Daley Blind making himself available despite being in pain is great, but again there's a difference between his case and that of Luke Shaw.

There was a Guardian article yesterday which expands on Jose's history with injured players, calling it "darkly productive". Not a bad read...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/07/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-luke-shaw-chris-smalling-injuries?CMP=share_btn_tw

I'm all for Jose trying to push these well paid players beyond their limits, just once it's not too soon or at the expense of their longevity. What he did with Phil Jones on Sunday was close to a miracle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Look if Shaw has a problem because of the leg break get him out of the squad and into the gym.

On the other hand if the medical team deemed him to be fit and he withdrew himself from the squad because of a niggle or whatever the case was then that's fine to discuss we can't keep going oh but he had a horrible leg break, he had if it's nothing to do with the current situation.

The problem is we don't really know what it was Jose seems to think it was nothing and Jose knowing about the leg break i don't seem him doing this if there was legitimate concern for the leg.

So lets stop going on about the leg break. It was horrific. It's either an issue let the medical team deal with it or it's not and he's game to be critiqued the same as anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

stankratz wrote: »
    However, in Shaw's case it is different. It is barely 14 months since his leg break and has he even played 10 matches yet since recovery?

What does he need though? He returned to training last April, thats nearly 7/8 months of training, pre-season training and 11 appearances this season to get fit and it seems he still hasn't managed to do it? If he isn't match fit now then when is he going to be?

So is it a mental thing? Is he still struggling to get involved in games out of fear? That happens after bad injuries I know but again, what does he want? A hug and a cuddle and to pick and choose when he feels "right" enough for playing? It again comes back to the increasingly likely conclusion about some of our players, they are mentally fragile.

And of course the most important point of all still remains. Whatever the reason for his poor form he still needs to keep his mouth shut and do his talking on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What does he need though? He returned to training last April, thats nearly 7/8 months of training, pre-season training and 11 appearances this season to get fit and it seems he still hasn't managed to do it? If he isn't match fit now then when is he going to be?

So is it a mental thing? Is he still struggling to get involved in games out of fear? That happens after bad injuries I know but again, what does he want? A hug and a cuddle and to pick and choose when he feels "right" enough for playing? It again comes back to the increasingly likely conclusion about some of our players, they are mentally fragile.

And of course the most important point of all still remains. Whatever the reason for his poor form he still needs to keep his mouth shut and do his talking on the field.

Like I said yesterday, it takes a lot longer than 5 months to recover from a broken leg. He had a double leg break ffs almost a career ending injury. There is still a bit to go until he is 100% recovered, he was still getting injections to get him through games. Shaw is a class left back, best left back in the league when he was 18. I think Jose is still bitter he signed for United over Chelsea when he was manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    Like I said yesterday, it takes a lot longer than 5 months to recover from a broken leg.

The leg break was 14 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There is no way a doctor can sign off on a player if there is any chance they could get seriously injured as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I think Jose is still bitter he signed for United over Chelsea when he was manager

tumblr_n7ogf1Scer1sr2rgro1_250.gif

The leg break was 14 months ago.

I meant 5 months on the field from training to where he is now. How many games has he played since he has broken his leg? 10, 15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'm fairly sure I remember you arguing with a United fan that Liverpool were getting the better LB in Moreno. In fact you said you could see Moreno going on to be one of the best LBs in the world :pac: :pac: :pac:

Well James Milner had other ideas

tumblr_n7ogf1Scer1sr2rgro1_250.gif

Mourinho speaking about shaw when he wasn't even his manager....

‘If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead,’ he said. ‘We would have killed our stability with financial fair play and killed the stability in our dressing room.

‘Because when you pay that much to a 19-year-old kid – a good player, fantastic player – but when you pay that amount of money, the next day, we would have had players knocking on our door.
    ‘They would have been saying, “How is it possible I play 200 games for this club, won this and that, yet a 19-year-old comes here and gets more money than I get.
    ‘It would’ve killed immediately our balance and we couldn’t allow that.’

He was bitter at the time he chose Utd over Chelsea..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bitter is a bit clutching at straws, disappointed would be more an appropriate term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jose bitter over Shaw not signing for Chelsea? So that's what all the Shaw thing is about? :pac:

Wtf is going on with this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Bitter is a bit clutching at straws, disappointed would be more an appropriate term.

Trying to justify missing out on a transfer target would be an even more appropriate term.

Maybe not bitter but I think he maybe has taken a bit of a dislike to shaw....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Typical manager bull**** is also appropriate.

No bearing on the situation today of course.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

‘If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead,’ he said. ‘We would have killed our stability with financial fair play and killed the stability in our dressing room.

‘Because when you pay that much to a 19-year-old kid – a good player, fantastic player – but when you pay that amount of money, the next day, we would have had players knocking on our door.
    ‘They would have been saying, “How is it possible I play 200 games for this club, won this and that, yet a 19-year-old comes here and gets more money than I get.

So he now decides to punish a player that he highly rated, when he has him at his disposal, at the team he has wanted to manage for some time.

:confused:

I've seen some nonsense, tin foil hat stuff about Jose, stuff that's expected from some of our concerned observer's, but that will take some beating fella.

:pac:

• Advertisement

I think we get your feeling that he should put his players on a pedestal and that he owes them his loyalty.....he owes them jacking ****ing ****. You keep brining up Fergie and this and that. Fair enough but Fergie arrived at a united team who won nothing and he weeded out PLENTY of players in his early days and got rid of a serious drinking culture. The likes of whiteside and McGrath.

His team the team HE built he would die for. The same team that would die for him.

This bunch wouldn't give a **** if jose was run over...why should his sentiment be any different.

Respect is a two way Street my friend. Earn it and you'll receive it.

Plenty of the top players in the world have nothing but good to say about him.

Also please stop referring to Fergie when he was winning title after title. He did to United whatyjose is doing now in his early years. He was no Saint but the players who stuck with him. Ryan Giggs, Bruce, Pallister and helped him to glory reaped the rewards.

So? I don't need him to be his best friend, I need him to either get the goods out of what is an asset that the club paid a huge amount for and are continuing to pay a huge amount in wages. If he can't get what he needs from him then he needs to get rid.

Of course I'd prefer them to get on well, and I'd prefer Shaw to be the player we all think he can be, but if that doesn't happen and he finds someone else can play LB better then I'll shed no tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I think we should all move on from these quotes...more importantly. How's is there another ****ty international break!?!

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I think we should all move on from these quotes...more importantly. How's is there another ****ty international break!?!

2 weeks for one international game. It's depressing.

Jayop wrote: »
    2 weeks for one international game. It's depressing.

It's stupid decision making at it's finest.

Its not a dislike ffs. If it was a dislike he wouldn't be pissed off that he withdrew. If it was a dislike he would be rotting in the reserves. If i was a manager and a player I lauded before was at the club I joined I'd be estatic not bitter.

It's a blatant man the **** up or bye bye.
    Are you forgetting that LVG said the same about him. His fitness is in doubt. You keep on referring to this leg break, news flash he wasn't suffering from a double break when LVG said the same thing about him. It forced him to kick into gear and play some of his best stuff..

But hey I guess LVG was just bitter he didn't sign for Chelsea too.

Christ almighty the mind boggles.

It's stupid decision making at it's finest.

I'd love it if they ran a tournament the summer before the WC or Euros to see who qualifies. Then have no international breaks during the season. The players would get more down time and there would be less fixture congestion.

So he now decides to punish a player that he highly rated, when he has him at his disposal, at the team he has wanted to manage for some time.

:confused:

I've seen some nonsense, tin foil hat stuff about Jose, stuff that's expected from some of our concerned observer's, but that will take some beating fella.

Hey, he scouted for months and eventually signed mkhitarayan and we have seen **** all of him, hardly in any squads at the moment so you wouldn't know what is going on in his head!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Goalposts of these arguments today have moved so far apart they are not even in the stadium anymore.

Shaw start the next game after working his ass off for the next two weeks and it will be because mourinho hates him but he has to put him in the shop window.

• Advertisement

What does he need though? He returned to training last April, thats nearly 7/8 months of training, pre-season training and 11 appearancesthis season to get fit and it seems he still hasn't managed to do it? If he isn't match fit now then when is he going to be?

Whatever about training, 11 appearances and actual competitive football matches is still a short time in terms of recovery. And yes, for clarity I'm talking about mental issues. That fear of putting his leg into the unknown, it's something that can only be gotten over (or see if it can be gotten over) after a lot more than 11 appearances. I've read that this is a common occurrence and hurdle for players returning from serious, potentially career-ending injuries, that the mental battle can be just as challenging as the physical battle. You say that you are aware of this, but then get a bit extreme with "what does he want? A hug and a cuddle?".

Luke Shaw has things to work on. It would do no harm for him and a few others to be administered a kick up the hole. But given his age and the short amount of competitive* games he has played since his leg got broke in two places I'm going to wait and see how he responds on the field to Jose's words before putting him in the sicknote/mentally fragile camp.

*That is key. Both for the mental end of things and in the physical sense to get Shaw used to collisions and tough challenges again and for him to see that he was just really unfortunate to get done by the clumsy, reckless Hector Moreno that night. Shaw needs competitive games where the safety net and restrictions of training are removed.

Jayop wrote: »
    I'd love it if they ran a tournament the summer before the WC or Euros to see who qualifies. Then have no international breaks during the season. The players would get more down time and there would be less fixture congestion.

That'd be a great idea, but then on the flipside we'd have to see/read about England being hyped up before, only to see them come crashing down hard..

International breaks just bore me...

adox wrote: »
    Jose bitter over Shaw not signing for Chelsea? So that's what all the Shaw thing is about? :pac:

Wtf is going on with this place?

rsx3LoV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fellaini got injured against Swansea and was sent home from Belgium duty

https://twitter.com/BelRedDevils/status/796029198267809792

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mars Bar wrote: »

He must have played thru the pain barrier as he played 90 mins.. Shaw and Smalling should take note

*Runs*

Mars Bar wrote: »

Phil Jones went to hug him after the game and walked on his foot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jose is right to pin blame elsewhere, specifically the players if he thinks they are not doing what they should be. The players do deserve blame for their performances so I am not sure why he would protect them, they need to earn that courtesy. Jose needs to improve himself but the players have to share in that need to improve.

It's not about protecting the players in the press, that's not what is being discussed. What's important is treating the players reasonably and fairly. Shaw has played a good number of games so far this season, had already had one injury, is only a year on from his leg break and was on a run of playing on the 26th, 29th and 3rd, with the Swansea game coming on the 6th. It was reasonable to expect that Shaw might not be fit to play in that game. But that wasn't good enough for Mourinho and he decided to very publicly complain about it and call Shaw's commitment into question. That is ridiculous behaviour. To make it even worse, when Shaw had previously done what Mourinho wanted (play through pain) in the City game, Jose singled him out for criticism after the game.
    DM_7 wrote: »
    On Shaw, so far, it was a terrible signing, LVG saw problems with his fitness, he barely played in his first season then suffered a terrible injury that could stop him reaching his potential. He has a lot to prove so people here or the majority elsewhere are right to question his ultimate progression and current worth/value to Manchester United.

Questioning his progression is one thing (like I said at the time, £27m was a stupid price for a young full-back, and now people will be overly harsh on him because of that price tag), but swallowing and regurgitating the guff that Jose is spouting on this topic is another. Instead of questioning Jose for not building and handling the squad to properly deal with Thursday night games, people are now questioning the players' attitudes when the team consequently suffers with fitness problems.

On LVG, never mind what he said. He was a shambles of a manager and never managed to get the team fit enough to play his daft system.

Pro.F you are using fitness in too broad a way and I'd like you to explain it clearer. Jose mentioned Blind who only made the bench as someone not 100% fit (i take as a injury type lack of fitness) and jones who would be lacking from fitness playing games.(but has recovered from injury)

So clarify what you mena about Shaw on his fitness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I genuinely think that this Shaw debate is a convenient deflection from Smalling.

As has been mentioned before, Luke has the excuse of having recently suffered from a serious leg injury, and surely is psychologically affected by it. From experience, my brother done his ACL a couple of years ago, and found the mental side of gaining confidence (fearlessness) back on the pitch the hardest hurdle to cross.

Now I know Shaw has all the best medical amenities available to him, and is a professional athlete, but at the end of the day he is still in the embroynic stage of his career, and thus hasn't developed a steely determination yet to play through the pain barrier.

Smalling on the other hand is getting off largely scot-free. I mentioned last year (when he was in admittedly in good form), that the fact he was regarded as one of United's most important players was symbolic of how far the club had fallen. Between his downward spiral since January, to the ill-advised injury he sustained during his holiday after the Euros, and his horror-show against Chelsea, I think Jose may be in the process of assimilating him out of the starting XI (even with Bailly sidelined). He is a far bigger poster-boy to the "soft" United than Shaw.

Pro.F you are using fitness in too broad a way and I'd like you to explain it clearer. Jose mentioned Blind who only made the bench as someone not 100% fit (i take as a injury type lack of fitness) and jones who would be lacking from fitness playing games.(but has recovered from injury)

So clarify what you mena about Shaw on his fitness?

When I used the term fitness in my last post I said it in the context of the whole team. The team have not been fit enough this season, in terms of energy levels in games to implement Jose's tactics. And now, recently, we've been short of players at the back because of injuries, another thing you could describe as a fitness issue.

I didn't use the word "fitness" talking directly about Shaw, but if you want my opinion on that - his energy levels have been more or less the same as the rest of the team but he is now starting to have injury problems (or is starting to miss games to prevent injuries). That shouldn't be surprising given the games he's played in this period when he is returning from a leg break.

Jones is another issue we should be looking at. He's had a horror show with injuries and in his first game back he played the full 90 minutes. That is not a good idea.

I genuinely think that this Shaw debate is a convenient deflection from Smalling.

As has been mentioned before, Luke has the excuse of having recently suffered from a serious leg injury, and surely is psychologically affected by it. From experience, my brother done his ACL a couple of years ago, and found the mental side of gaining confidence (fearlessness) back on the pitch the hardest hurdle to cross.

Now I know Shaw has all the best medical amenities available to him, and is a professional athlete, but at the end of the day he is still in the embroynic stage of his career, and thus hasn't developed a steely determination yet to play through the pain barrier.

Smalling on the other hand is getting off largely scot-free. I mentioned last year (when he was in admittedly in good form), that the fact he was regarded as one of United's most important players was symbolic of how far the club had fallen. Between his downward spiral since January, to the ill-advised injury he sustained during his holiday after the Euros, and his horror-show against Chelsea, I think Jose may be in the process of assimilating him out of the starting XI (even with Bailly sidelined). He is a far bigger poster-boy to the "soft" United than Shaw.

You can keep on saying that he's been poor since January and it will keep on not being true. I'm sure you would be delighted if it turned out Jose wanted rid of Smalling, but wherever he ends up, as long as he's not kept out by injuries, he will continue to be a quality centre-back.

• Advertisement

• He's overweight and unfit.
    Here is prime example why.
    Can't remember which but one of either Sterling or Nolito ran him ragged and he was beaten for pace so many times when we lost to City earlier this season.
    If you can't see that then you are closing the blinkers.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's overweight and unfit.
    Here is prime example why.
    Can't remember which but one of either Sterling or Nolito ran him ragged and he was beaten for pace so many times when we lost to City earlier this season.
    If you can't see that then you are closing the blinkers.

Nolito creamed him in the first half of the cup match alright but he did much better in the second.

Shaw put his head down and worked hard when LVG commented on his fitness.

Hopefully he will do the same for Jose.

If he isn't prepared to then that's a pity but we move on.

No time for passengers at this stage.

In other non Luke shaw related news, Donald trump is the new president of America. I blame fellaini

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

In other non Luke shaw related news, Donald trump is the new president of America. I blame fellaini

Its all Jose's fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

With Brexit and now Trump, my confidence in the voting system is restored anyway... although I do expect him to be assassinated within the next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

With Brexit and now Trump, my confidence in the voting system is restored anyway... although I do expect him to be assassinated within the next year.

The experts say Suarez won't join United. He'll be wearing the Jersey next season the way things are going:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah please, can we keep that out of this thread. So much of the Internet is toxic this morning, can we all agree to just keep this as a safe space? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

zerks wrote: »
    The experts say Suarez won't join United. He'll be wearing the Jersey next season the way things are going:)

Ah now I wouldn't go that far :pac:
    Trump is a tool of the highest order but he was the only card to play for the ordinary American citizen who is sick and tired of being f*cked over by their government. Things might just stay the same but he is the candidate that wanted to throw a spanner in the works. I'd imagine most of them voted for him through gritted teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah please, can we keep that out of this thread. So much of the Internet is toxic this morning, can we all agree to just keep this as a safe space? :(

Isn't that your job??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gordon Taylor yesterday made some comments that to be honest will probably just inflame this situation. Insinuated the two players have personal issues that sounds like people involved in the club or int team know about. And went onto have a general pop at Mourinho painting him a bit of a "manager out of touch".

See also reports Mourinho has ordered an internal review of the medical department as he is unhappy with the injuries being picked up and feels there is an issue there. Surprised if Van Gaal didn't do this during his time.

And Zlatan seemingly unimpressed with the fitness training that is conducted by the club. Feels he is less sharp from being in France and thinks the fitness work the players do is outdated.

INTERNATIONAL WEEK YO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement