Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Pogba starts!

• Fellaini yes!!!!

Told Ya so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

yermandan wrote: »
    POGBA STARTS

Guarenteed 2 points on ff.

The comeback is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mufcshirts was clearly way off with the team news. Would like to have seen mkhitaryan in the starting line up but it's really as could have been expected. Will be interesting to see if fellaini plays deeper today, as Herrera did last time out, to give Pogba some freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Nice to see Fellaini and Mata both starting, Pogba too of course :P

I'm worried with the pace up front for Southampton but lets see how this goes, time to enjoy the match.

Fellaini beside Pogba our own bash brothers cant wait for Jose to gets us playing that flying V

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Fellaini beside Pogba our own bash brothers cant wait for Jose to gets us playing that flying V

GO DUCKS!!!!!

Tony V is that kid that was so fast he couldnt stop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I really want to see Mkhi start but he just mustn't be ready. The guys on second captains were saying that Gundogan said in an interview one that Mkhi struggled to settle in Dortmund off the field in his first season. Maybe it's the same story in Manchester.

GO DUCKS!!!!!

Tony V is that kid that was so fast he couldnt stop :)

Ha ha ha thats brilliant perfect description...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba was always going to start, will prob play 90mns as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I really want to see Mkhi start but he just mustn't be ready. The guys on second captains were saying that Gundogan said in an interview one that Mkhi struggled to settle in Dortmund off the field in his first season. Maybe it's the same story in Manchester.

I said it before, Miki took a few months to find his feet at Dortmund, it won't be unusual for him to do the same in England I imagine.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

bangkok wrote: »

Bet ya he won't play 90 minutes, good to see him begin his partnership in midfield with "The First Name On The Teamsheet" Fellaini too. The sooner they get on the same wavelength the better

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Lads, I love way we've gone from the barest midfield in England to having an awful headache over who starts there due to being so stacked

unfortunately to the point Schweinsteiger of all players can't get game time but wow we're a different beast and hopefully the depth will really give us a push on all fronts over the next few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm really excited to see the Pogellini or Felogba partnership. Could actually work a treat.

Don't be expecting us to be unreal tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see the Pogellini or Felogba partnership. Could actually work a treat.

Don't be expecting us to be unreal tonight though.

I like Felogba!

I expect us to press like hell after seeing Ander say Jose wasn't happy with a 1 goal lead. We're playing against a team with a fresh manager and players too so our extra quality should see us through comfortably IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »

Jaysus. He wasn't always going to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

So excited to see how Pogba plays in the Premier League!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Says it's the top of his career. FU Madrid, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I'm like a pig in sh1t here

20160819_192446.jpgjpg images

#pogstarts

#prayforbrinty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Depay, Jones, Carrick, Rojo, Darmian and Schweinsteiger left out of the squad kinda resembles what a United transfer list would show like maybe apart from Carrick.

• Advertisement

• Giggs is doing well tbh

adox wrote: »
    Jaysus. He wasn't always going to start.

To be fair to Bangkok he was calling it and very adamant about it, proven to be right in this case.

Anyway great stuff to see him starting, I think it can be difficult to make an impact coming on especially first game back. I'm really looking forward to this game, my god the time feels like its dragging on :P

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I'm like a pig in sh1t here wooohooo
    20160819_192446.jpg

#pog starts

#prayforbrinty

Good man, practically same seats as me last year. Enjoy!

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I'm like a pig in sh1t here wooohooo
    20160819_192446.jpg

#pog starts

#prayforbrinty

My god I'm jealous :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Me, watching this muck

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Didn't even realise giggsy was in Sky Sports there for a minute.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    To be fair to Bangkok he was calling it and very adamant about it, proven to be right in this case.

Anyway great stuff to see him starting, I think it can be difficult to make an impact coming on especially first game back. I'm really looking forward to this game, my god the time feels like its dragging on :P

Bangkok is quite adamant about lots of stuff he spent most of the summer saying Rooney would play midfield this year

Adamocovic wrote: »

But I mean it's a 50-50 bet when calling it. To say he was "always going to start" is just nonsense and his usual attempt at self validation.

Anyway let's hope he has a great (re)debut and is on the winning team. Be interesting to see how long he lasts.

Bangkok is quite adamant about lots of stuff he spent most of the summer saying Rooney would play midfield this year

Well let's not go down that path, no need for it.

I'm just saying he has been adamant Pogba will start so of course it wouldn't come as a surprise to him when it is announced and he'll obviously take the opinion then that Pogba was "always going to start" like he said.

Anyway no point getting caught up on stuff like that, time to enjoy a big match at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just in, turn on the TV and there's Henry the sap on Sky :(. Time for MUTV I think until the match starts.

• Advertisement

• Haha

Pogbas impression of Zlatan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pogs comes across so well.

He has an absolute swagger about him but has humility about him too.

He is going to be our icon for years to come.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Oh my god Sky Sports has finally gone full BT ..... fcuking hell :(

irishfeen wrote: »
    Oh my god Sky Sports has finally gone full BT ..... fcuking hell :(

A lot of it is really cringeworthy tonight. Obviously too much time to fill.

The "who's poster did you have on your wall" chat was all kinds of awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

FNF is on easily 30mins too early. Some amount of garbage to fill 90 mins to kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Im just glad i didnt tune in.

How happy does Jose look, he can barely contain a massive grin.

I'm sure its not just me, but ****ing hell it is still something special watching our line up go across the screen and seeing the names Pogba, and Ibrahimovic in the team!

Pogba looks fair happy himself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

So nervous ha

Really feels like a moment this.

A real start of a new era hopefully.

• adox wrote: »

Oh no

For a minute I thought....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

adox wrote: »

One could say the force is returning. A New Hope, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Really felt like Blind had to do a lot already, but having Pogba and Fellaini in the team really dents our bid for best hair in the Premier League. Only so much Blind can do by himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We are playing well.

Moving the ball forward alot faster. So refreshing to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We've got some above of French speaking players in the squad now. Fellaini, pogba, schneiderlin, martial and bailly.

Nice to see smiles on the faces, couple of (United) goals now wouldn't go amiss!

Shaw keeeps losing Tadic, tighten up lad!

Final ball lacking a bit but we look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pogba is incredibly strong!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement