Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TheDoc wrote: »
    Gordon Taylor yesterday made some comments that to be honest will probably just inflame this situation. Insinuated the two players have personal issues that sounds like people involved in the club or int team know about. And went onto have a general pop at Mourinho painting him a bit of a "manager out of touch".

See also reports Mourinho has ordered an internal review of the medical department as he is unhappy with the injuries being picked up and feels there is an issue there. Surprised if Van Gaal didn't do this during his time.

And Zlatan seemingly unimpressed with the fitness training that is conducted by the club. Feels he is less sharp from being in France and thinks the fitness work the players do is outdated.

INTERNATIONAL WEEK YO

I always thought LVG said the same at the start of his reign said the techniques were out of date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

sky88 wrote: »
    I always thought LVG said the same at the start of his reign said the techniques were out of date

Surprised he didn't sort some of the issues considering he did plenty of work that was being identified as impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's overweight and unfit.
    Here is prime example why.
    Can't remember which but one of either Sterling or Nolito ran him ragged and he was beaten for pace so many times when we lost to City earlier this season.
    If you can't see that then you are closing the blinkers.

Didn't happen. You should go watch that match again because you have imagined this.

sky88 wrote: »

And Moyes too. It's standard new leader behaviour - complain about the job your predecessors did so it looks like you are doing something special by supposedly fixing things.

I really, really hope Jose doesn't bring in some dodgy medical staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

International week match ups

Jose V Gordon Taylor

Roy Keane V Ronald Koeman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pro. F wrote: »
    And Moyes too. It's standard new leader behaviour - complain about the job your predecessors did so it looks like you are doing something special by supposedly fixing things.

I really, really hope Jose doesn't bring in some dodgy medical staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Didn't happen. You should go watch that match again because you have imagined this.

Did so. I seen it..........no it didn't I seen it....not much better than lol to be fair.

I do believe the match in question was the 1 nil cup win over city. And Navas rinsed him badly in the 1st half by continually going down the outside. In the 2nd half shaw did get to grips and got the better of him.

Fantastic player. But don't use injuries as a means for being CLEARLY OVERWEIGHT. Jones has been out for 10 months, not a pick on the lad.

Shaw has been back training since April....you can't overlook this.

I do believe the match in question was the 1 nil cup win over city. And Navas rinsed him badly in the 1st half by continually going down the outside. In the 2nd half shaw did get to grips and got the better of him.

If that's the game he's talking about then it certainly doesn't prove his point. Shaw got rinsed in the first half, then sorted it out in the second half. That's some amazing fitness regime to be done and take effect during the half time break.
    Fantastic player. But don't use injuries as a means for being CLEARLY OVERWEIGHT. Jones has been out for 10 months, not a pick on the lad.

Shaw has been back training since April....you can't overlook this.

Where did I use his injury in relation to his weight? Quote please.

Also, it is not at all clear that he is overweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Gordon Taylor sickens my sh1t where was he when klopp said sturridge needed to be tougher and other managers had a pop at there players.

• Advertisement

• Pro. F wrote: »

Nope, you are raving again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I genuinely think that this Shaw debate is a convenient deflection from Smalling.

As has been mentioned before, Luke has the excuse of having recently suffered from a serious leg injury, and surely is psychologically affected by it. From experience, my brother done his ACL a couple of years ago, and found the mental side of gaining confidence (fearlessness) back on the pitch the hardest hurdle to cross.

Now I know Shaw has all the best medical amenities available to him, and is a professional athlete, but at the end of the day he is still in the embroynic stage of his career, and thus hasn't developed a steely determination yet to play through the pain barrier.

Smalling on the other hand is getting off largely scot-free. I mentioned last year (when he was in admittedly in good form), that the fact he was regarded as one of United's most important players was symbolic of how far the club had fallen. Between his downward spiral since January, to the ill-advised injury he sustained during his holiday after the Euros, and his horror-show against Chelsea, I think Jose may be in the process of assimilating him out of the starting XI (even with Bailly sidelined). He is a far bigger poster-boy to the "soft" United than Shaw.

Well done lad ya made the Football365 mailbox this morning, kudos!!

Relating to Shaw, there is a very clear issue in regards his weight. He could easily be on of those players, like Rooney, who isn't a natural athlete and has to work that bit harder to be at what is considered the "mean" for everyone else.

Pochetino, Hodgson, Van Gaal, Southampton coaches and youth staff. There is plenty of quoted material about Shaw and his weight.

I have to say I don't look at him and think he's a disgrace or question attitude. Van Gaal put him on that regime last summer and he looked ****ing incredible start of season .Lightning quick and strong. It's fine if that didn't happen over the summer with change of manager and if Shaw is on a different regime relating to his post leg break, but he is clearly a player that is going to have to work harder than the rest.

The issues for me arn't his speed in terms of sprinting. You can see him still making good recovery runs and lightning overlaps (he's actually incredible to see sprinting). The issue is his explosiveness/speed from a stop appears to have dropped dramatically. He has been roasted by a fair few average wingers this season and it's not for just pure pace. They are stopping him still, then throwing a shoulder and he's getting flung the wrong way and can't recover.

He's having a rough time of it, and is just unfortunate to likely be the easy target for Jose to make an example off. Head down, address the problem, work a bit harder, few good performances and Jose will praise him publicly and then it will be old news.

Relating to Shaw, there is a very clear issue in regards his weight. He could easily be on of those players, like Rooney, who isn't a natural athlete and has to work that bit harder to be at what is considered the "mean" for everyone else.

Pochetino, Hodgson, Van Gaal, Southampton coaches and youth staff. There is plenty of quoted material about Shaw and his weight.

I have to say I don't look at him and think he's a disgrace or question attitude. Van Gaal put him on that regime last summer and he looked ****ing incredible start of season .Lightning quick and strong. It's fine if that didn't happen over the summer with change of manager and if Shaw is on a different regime relating to his post leg break, but he is clearly a player that is going to have to work harder than the rest.

The issues for me arn't his speed in terms of sprinting. You can see him still making good recovery runs and lightning overlaps (he's actually incredible to see sprinting). The issue is his explosiveness/speed from a stop appears to have dropped dramatically. He has been roasted by a fair few average wingers this season and it's not for just pure pace. They are stopping him still, then throwing a shoulder and he's getting flung the wrong way and can't recover.

He's having a rough time of it, and is just unfortunate to likely be the easy target for Jose to make an example off. Head down, address the problem, work a bit harder, few good performances and Jose will praise him publicly and then it will be old news.

I think you are wrong on Pechettino and the Southampton coaches - link.

I just googled it now because I hadn't heard about Poch or the Southampton coaches having an issue with him before, so maybe there is a link that I've missed. But that one is the only quote from them I could find and it was actually complimentary about his fitness. And as the coach said, Shaw was a regular under Pochettino, which doesn't happen if you aren't super fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If that's the game he's talking about then it certainly doesn't prove his point. Shaw got rinsed in the first half, then sorted it out in the second half. That's some amazing fitness regime to be done and take effect during the half time break.

Where did I use his injury in relation to his weight? Quote please.

Also, it is not at all clear that he is overweight.

Just to be clear that was general for everyone not aimed at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I see united posted on their Facebook account about fellaini being injured and they wish him all the best with a speedy recovery..... Reading some of the comments posted, in fact the majority of them, I don't think I ever remember a more maligned player at the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

bangkok wrote: »
    I see united posted on their Facebook account about fellaini being injured and they wish him all the best with a speedy recovery..... Reading some of the comments posted, in fact the majority of them, I don't think I ever remember a more maligned player at the club

I can't believe you're taking anything you see commented under a united Facebook post seriously

I think you are wrong on Pechettino and the Southampton coaches - link.

I just googled it now because I hadn't heard about Poch or the Southampton coaches having an issue with him before, so maybe there is a link that I've missed. But that one is the only quote from them I could find and it was actually complimentary about his fitness. And as the coach said, Shaw was a regular under Pochettino, which doesn't happen if you aren't super fit.

I remember it cropped up under Hodgson. Think the timelines were just after the Van Gaal public comments
    The England boss said: “He might have had it mentioned to him a couple of times during the World Cup by people like myself and our physio Gary Lewin.”
    He said: “When Van Gaal talks to Pochettino, Pochettino will say ‘What you were saying to Luke is what I was saying to him’. Luke’s been aware of it.”
    Hodgson even said it is a long-running issue dating back to the 19-year-old's time under ex-Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino, who also had concerns over his fitness.

And I definitely remember a Southmapton coach talking about Shaw having some weight issues in their youth setup and requiring extra work. Struggling to recall if it was from a podcast where it was referenced or from a link I read.

I'd conceed I might have taken that up wrong, as I recall the reason I was reading/listening was that two coaches Shaw was close with were fired/left from Southampton.

I'd still stand by my point he isn't a natural athlete and needs to work harder then others to remain at the mean, but that is not a criticism, or inclination that he isn't doing it. And I think he should get some leeway in that regard from criticism. But at the same time, noticeable drop in his explosiveness (I feel anyway) from seeing him this season.

But that could be down to a totally different pre-season regime he did then from last year, when he looked incredible.

I can't believe you're taking anything you see commented under a united Facebook post seriously

A lot of them are Utd supporters. Not just on Facebook though, even down in the pub or talking to people in general, it only seems to be on boards that some people support him.

Really....facebook responses?

I don't follow Rooney on Twitter anymore, but when he would post things a barrage of United fans will follow with various "**** off" comments and the likes.

Not that is a barometer for anything, but I've never felt "alone" in the United supporter world for dieing for the day Rooney is gone.

Fellaini is just a scapegoat for an embarrassing transfer window under Moyes. Blaming him for taking the once in a lifetime opportunity to play for United is just ridiculous.

And the fact he has remained through two subsequent managers, just shows how clouded you are by pure bias against him.

Technically he might not be good enough, and I'd be comfortable saying of course he is not good enough. But if our squad as a whole showed the commitment and desire he does in games, and were able to execute instruction as he does, we wouldn't be anywhere near this mess.

To be honest I've found the scapegoating of him by certain sections of fans to be frustrating and embarrasing, and I'd be horrified if he thought everyone disliked him like say you do.

It's perfectly fine for a player not to work out for "not being good enough" but I can't remember many situations where I've felt he wasn't breaking his bollox to try make it work.

I remember it cropped up under Hodgson. Think the timelines were just after the Van Gaal public comments

And I definitely remember a Southmapton coach talking about Shaw having some weight issues in their youth setup and requiring extra work. Struggling to recall if it was from a podcast where it was referenced or from a link I read.

I'd conceed I might have taken that up wrong, as I recall the reason I was reading/listening was that two coaches Shaw was close with were fired/left from Southampton.

Yeah, I don't doubt that Hodgeson said it. But, so far the only link we have for a Southampton coach's opinion is one saying he thinks Shaw doesn't have a weight/fitness problem. So I've got to be sceptical about the idea that Poch and the club said Shaw had weight problems.

• Advertisement

A lot of them are Utd supporters. Not just on Facebook though, even down in the pub or talking to people in general, it only seems to be on boards that some people support him.

No1 bangs on about big fel as much as you pal. It's not that everyone here loves Fellaini it's that we hate the constant circles you go into with every story that comes about Fellaini the rest of us just accept him as a useful member of the team.

I myself have said this season how much better we look without him in midfield when we want to attack and create chances but I just move on then there is no point In letting it control your life.

Greizemann talking about united again and saying how he would love to play club football with pogba in the future. Think it will be a done deal next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Well done lad ya made the Football365 mailbox this morning, kudos!!

Doesn't make my point any less relevant though does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Greizemann talking about united again and saying how he would love to play club football with pogba in the future. Think it will be a done deal next summer

I get the feeling it will depend on simone if he stays theres less chance to come as he seems to love playing for him

Griezmann, quoted on dailystar.co.uk, said: “I always ask Paul Pogba about Manchester United. I think they are a huge club with a really good infrastructure.

“I ask Paul about some of the players, and if they’re really that good, or if Jose Mourinho is really that good.

“You hear a lot of things (speculation) about Manchester United and Paris St Germain but right now I don’t see me moving to a new club. But It would be awesome to play alongside Paul one day.”

Brace yourselves, a saga is coming

And separately, as it constantly confuses me. Is this a basic admission to tapping up, and Rooney weighting up options, or would this take place if we received an offer and accepted?
    “We indeed made an approach for Rooney at the beginning of the season but he’s informed us that he wants to stay in Manchester United,” Ning told a Beijing radio sports show.

“Rooney says he’ll keep playing in the Premier League as long as his health allows. We even met with his agent.”

So confusing. It was so much simpler when clubs made bids and were accepted or rejected.

Brace yourselves, a saga is coming

New contract for Griezmann so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jayo26 wrote: »

Thankfully he signed one in the summer so media can't use that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Luke Shaw looked good for a few games under LVG until his injury but never the finished article. He can't defend and is much like Valencia on the other side who has been mercilessly abused for his failings.

I hope Shaw gets himself together and becomes the player Utd spent the money on but right now he's not good enough.

Hococop wrote: »
    Thankfully he signed one in the summer so media can't use that

Plus he is a full blown united fan. Can't see it happening u less we turn things around and finish the season strong.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »

No smoke without fire, I said last year that this would be Greizemanns last season in Spain. I still think that is true And he will join United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Honestly could not be arsed about another superstar signing. To be honest, if we don't get CL football and he still came here, I'd question his ambition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nearing 10k, so closing the topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement