Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Guess Rooney will survive another week after that assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

you little ****ing daisy marcus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Get the funk in

Rasherssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love Jose

Instead of celebrating, asks Smalling to get ready

always has the mind on the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Rashers!!!

Haaaaaaallllllleeeeeeeuuuuuaaaahhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Rashers my boy

And great run Wayne well done sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Fooking Love Rashford :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

and this is why Rooney will never be dropped

• Advertisement

Mourinho is some boyo.

Second the ball hits the net he's getting Smalling ready to come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Soon as Mourinho saw the goal he practically ran to Smalling to tell him to get on the pitch. Guess he wont be looking for a second goal then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Rashers <3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Get in!!!

Feels like the old days of us piling on pressure and the goal just not coming but then deep in stoppage time we pull it out of the bag.

Brilliant run by Rooney and Rashford showing his instincts to cap off a billiant cameo.

Have to say I think Mkhitaryan and Rashford deserve to start next game, when they came on the game completely changed, I know Hull tired but we had more pace in our attack and those two took people on.

I'm buzzing after that finish haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Guess Rooney will survive another week after that assist

A goal and 2 assists in 3 games. He should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

We are a force again.
    YES WE ARE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The difference in that was the tempo we never stopped trying go forward to score there was no sideways passing on the halfway line.

The options on the bench were brilliant that was well deserved 3 points we dominated second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    kstand wrote: »
    Anyone know of a bar in New York where Reds get together to watch games? I'm in Times Square with my young lad.

Nevada smiths used be the place but it's closed down. There's a sports bar called tonic near time square that should have the game.

http://tonicwest.com/m/home
    Watched the game in Tonic, having a celebratory pint. Proper Fergie style second half and last minute smash and grab - the good times are back!

Hard on Hull but thank fcuk for the Rashman'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Gotta love those late goals, the neighbours probably heard me screaming!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Blind and Bailly looked very good again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

We are a force again.
    YES WE ARE
    You can sing it! Red Army!

All over,

Had plenty of chances but Hull had one of those days,always seemed to get body in the way,fair play they kept going and got the goal in the end

Great stuff grinded out the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Rooney actually had a good game.

I still think the side will function better without him but the goals and assists can't be ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Phelan will do very well for Hull if they decide to keep him. Gotta love that Rashers kid!

glued wrote: »

They have had put down a soft 90 minutes :D

Love Bailly's approach to the game,always attacks the ball and Blind is just a cool mother fu*ker next to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Our boy Marcus, what a kid, United born & bred and we are blessed to have him.

Yep he even kept up his record of winning headers it's unbelievable ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Bailly is a beast. Has taken to the PL like a duck to water. Looks solid with Blind alongside him. Mike Smalling will have a hard time getting back into that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Mata has the right attitude but i don't think he works on the right, too eager to come inside. Martial looks lazy, seriously lazy. Play Rashford and Mick instead and it increases the pace in the team dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Officer999

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Bailly is a beast. Has taken to the PL like a duck to water. Looks solid with Blind alongside him. Mike Smalling will have a hard time getting back into that team.

Long-term, a Bailly Smalling centre half pairing looks formidable but Blind is rightly undroppable at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Have to say I think Mkhitaryan and Rashford deserve to start next game, when they came on the game completely changed

Absolutely, both of them caused havoc from the moment they stepped on the field. They didn't even need time to settle into the game, they were straight out of the blocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bailly won so many challenges he had no right to win. Even from behind every tackle was really clean. What a signing

Jose needs to figure out how to put Micky, Rashford, Zlatan, Pogba and Rooney all in the one side.

Wish I could include Martial but something is not right with him atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great finish. Rashford deserved to start the next game before scoring the goal. That just rubber stamped it. Mykhitaryian really impressed and should start too.

Fair ****s to Rooney. Great run and assist for the goal. Can't believe some people on here actually sound disappointed he got the assist.

Thought Zlatan was great up front as were the two lads at the back and the fullbacks.

Oh and yet again, and despite not having a great game, Fellaini stays on the pitch after getting an early yellow. Too many on here(or maybe it was the match thread) jumping the gun again with him.

Dirty win. Too static in the attacking third for large parts, the two subs changed the game. That felt like on of Fergies grinded out late won games and I love it.

I reckon that win will do more for team confidence than the previous two wins where Utd looked more impressive.

Only major real negative was Martial. Starting to get a little worri d about him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Think rashford has to start over martial, martial has been rubbish so far.

Thought Rooney had another poor game, but did brilliantly for the assist.

Was very pleased with mkhitaryan when he came in too, hopefully we start to see a lot more of him after the international break.

Finishes like that better than any drug..

Jose needs to figure out how to put Micky, Rashford, Zlatan, Pogba and Rooney all in the one side.

To be fair it's not that hard to figure out. He just did it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Best thing I can say about that is that it was exactly like it was under Fergie. Just battering them away from home for 30 mins and confidence there that eventually their luck will run out and we'll get one. In the last 3 years we'd have been as likely to lose that away from home, would be struggling to even get in the ascendancy. There it was just them hoofing to halfway while we camped in their half. Even if we didnt knick one, was brilliant to see

Is that match thread worth a read?

• Advertisement

and this is why Rooney will never be dropped

Because he delivers.
    adox wrote: »
    Fair ****s to Rooney. Great run and assist for the goal. Can't believe some people on here actually sound disappointed he got the assist.

You better believe it.

adox wrote:

WTF are you smoking

I think most his detractors said fair fudge to him,but it shouldn't mask some of the sloppy aspects earlier

Great that Rashford got the goal though. Was getting concerned at his lack of playing time so it's brilliant that he not only got on, but actually scored the winner from an excellent Rooney assist. Plenty of great attacking options in this side, exciting times ahead.

jayo26 wrote:
    Is that match thread worth a read?

Never bother with match thread mate

brinty wrote: »
    WTF are you smoking

I think most his detractors said fair fudge to him,but it shouldn't mask some of the sloppy aspects earlier

Eh maybe read the thread again before the little digs.

brinty wrote: »
    WTF are you smoking

Shush brinty your on the funny sh1t again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ha ha love Ibra celebrating when Rashers scores with his hands over head like a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Officer999

Martial looks low on confidence. I think it took a dent after the Euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I don't think the issue with Rooney is that he is terrible, as his assists etc continue to show he has something to offer.

But at this stage, surely we can all see that Rash, Micky offer more. Rooney does not seem to have the 'xfactor' anymore.

Anyone know what the change of formation was with Micky and Rashford on?

Instantly changed the game. Effective substitutes. Something we haven't seen much of since the Fergie days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Anyone know what the change of formation was with Micky and Rashford on?

Instantly changed the game. Effective substitutes. Something we haven't seen much of since the Fergie days

Well the four attacking players were free flowing to an extent but it seemed Rooney moved out to the left more, Mkhitaryan central and Rashford on the right. Then with Ibra dropping at time it would alternate with Marcus and Rooney moving further forward.

It's nice to see the four players moving around and switching positions, it torments defenders.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement