Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Pro. F wrote: »
    Not at all. In terms of passing when he they have time, sure. But Fellaini is far better at the close control side of it, which is a lot more important.

Half the time Fellanis second touch is a tackle.He only things Fellani has on Blind is physicality and height

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Billy86 wrote: »
    A shining example of what is wrong with British football punditry. This guy isn't even starting, FFS!

image.png

Am I missing something? Do the pundits pick the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jaysus West ham are all over the place, havent seen them so bad defensively in years

Robson99 wrote: »
    Half the time Fellanis second touch is a tackle.He only things Fellani has on Blind is physicality and height

Stop now that's ott Fellaini has a very good first touch also. That phrase was coined for Rooney in this thread and it was stupid even then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jayo26 wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Do the pundits pick the team?

No, but why is a player on the bench the main photo for the match? And if he it, then why is he being painted in a positive light and looking as if he just made a save, when the correct narrative would be uncertainty over his future and his dissatisfaction with it. But because he's England's #1...

• Advertisement

No, but why is a player on the bench the main photo for the match? And if he it, then why is he being painted in a positive light and looking as if he just made a save, when the correct narrative would be uncertainty over his future and his dissatisfaction with it. But because he's England's #1...

I'd assume it's because they have links to other stories on the page where they say about pep keeping squad happy? They should of put a pic of him crying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

You might be over-thinking things here.

Honestly who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pogba and Ibrahimovic haven't vmbww positively affecting results??

(Not being smart, but I'm assuming the typo is "been.")

In the way Phlegmy seemed to be talking about they haven't. He talked about Rooney having won the game and then talked about him doing that week in, week out and then went on to say if Rooney does that he's earned his crust. If that's what you mean by positively affecting results, then Pogba and Ibra haven't been doing that.

Maybe he just meant that our flagship players should be under the spotlight as soon as they have one quiet game, but I'd disagree with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No clean sheets in the PL for our next opponents.
    City currently leading 2-1.
    Meanwhile United have 2 clean sheets out of three games.
    So far.
    City have scored 8 and conceded 3 goals.
    United have scored 6 and conceded 1 goal.
    Hopefully City score no more and just concede now before the end of their game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Aguero to miss our game more than likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yep that was manky by him so it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

"You're just a sh1t Man Utd". West Ham fans at the Emptyhad :pac:

What did he do guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Elbowed Winston Reid in the face - missed by officials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

adox wrote: »
    What happened?

https://streamable.com/tzpb

titan18 wrote: »

That's is scummy. He actually looks like Diego Costa while doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Yeah actually could be an option and a role that could probably do. His lack of pace wouldn't be an issue per say. Always said he reminded me of an old fashioned sweeper, or at least that looked his ideal position and maybe the Fellaini role will be as near as gig will get to a sweeper role in the modern game.

I though I he was poor there under LVG, his lack of pace was a huge problem against teams who broke quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    That's is scummy. He actually looks like Diego Costa while doing it

Agreed old pal
    Very poor from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If anyone wants a good laugh go read AIGs last post on the match thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's not going to get banned.

He's committed to the gimmick, I'll give him that.

I'm avoiding anything to do with City/Chelea/Barca specifically because he's back from his laughable self imposed ban. It's a shame he's being let away with it.

J. Marston wrote: »

What not?

He's committed to the gimmick, I'll give him that.

Yup, the best troll I've ever seen

beno619 wrote: »
    I though I he was poor there under LVG, his lack of pace was a huge problem against teams who broke quickly.

True but a more compact Jose team may negate that somewhat. CBs stay much closer together under Jose too.

I'm avoiding anything to do with City/Chelea/Barca specifically because he's back from his laughable self posed ban. It's a shame he's being let away with it.

Yea he just details threads. How he's not been banned is beyond belief. Sometimes though he has me in stitches

• Advertisement

If pulling hair gets 3 matches that's 100%getting him banned.

On a side note horrible FF week

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yup, the best troll I've ever seen

Were you not here for the glory days of Spirit Of The Seventies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hate the international break. Would love 3 points against City. Draw should be minimum requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

This Manchester derby is going to be incredible!!!

Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

If pulling hair gets 3 matches that's 100%getting him banned.

On a side note horrible FF week

Aguro got away with a two footed lung against Luiz a few seasons ago and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets away with this.

Have to laugh at Henry on Sky, he didn't know what to make of the elbow until Quinn and Jamie said they thought it was a red, changed his mind after that.

What not?

The player in question and the upcoming match he'd be missing is too high-profile.

United vs City, Guardiola vs Mourinho. Aguero vs Ibrahimovic. They're not going to want to detract from the spectacle by banning one of the best strikers in the world.

Also, if he got away with this...

aguero46zdn.gif

He can get away with an elbow. Expect the ref to have it in his match report and consider it dealt with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Did the ref deal with it at the time? I was watching the Dublin game so missed it.

Also were the rules not changed so that the FA could look at the incident even if it was dealt with by the Referee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

The player in question and the upcoming match he'd be missing is too high-profile.

United vs City, Guardiola vs Mourinho. Aguero vs Ibrahimovic. They're not going to want to detract from the spectacle by banning one of the best strikers in the world.

aguero46zdn.gif

He can get away with an elbow. Expect the ref to have it in his match report and consider it dealt with

Jasis that's terrible, how did he get away with it, did the ref say he saw it at the time?

aguero46zdn.gif

But I thought the ref didn't see it? If not it will be looked at.

Also because he got away with that lunge at Luiz does not mean he gets away with everything off the ball. :confused:

I'd expect him to miss the derby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Massive + if he's out of that game. They're not the same side without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

aguero46zdn.gif

He got away with the Luiz tackle because the ref saw the tackle and gave a free kick, hence the situation was 'dealt with'. I don't think the rules are as stringent these days.

But as far as I saw with this incident, the ref didn't see it or take any action. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get a 3 game ban.

Edit:

Rooney, probably THE poster boy for the PL at the time, was banned for an FA cup semi final v City for swearing into the camera during a celebration in 2011.

• Advertisement

Can we just start a petition to bring back evra

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJptwsfjTbO/

Love him.

An File wrote: »
    Were you not here for the glory days of Spirit Of The Seventies?
    Lurking yes, never posting

jayo26 wrote: »
    Mike phelan is a boss

tumblr_n4lwn87_Mub1tp5565o1_400.gif

Laurel and Hardy!

Blatter, you're right about Rooney being banned but remember the FA has always choosen to make an example out of united players indiscretions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I remember Rooney getting banned for swearing in 2011 against West Ham

Christ that was such a pathetic ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Wasn't it more to do with the fact it was done directly into a camera rather than just swearing?

It was pretty understandable tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wasn't it more to do with the fact it was done directly into a camera rather than just swearing?

It was pretty understandable tbh.

It was, but in all fairness it was a stupid ban.

Swearing into camera or trying break fellas legs? Come on like

It was a ****e ban and another step in the efforts to completely wash football of its working class roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Fino76/status/769938536946597888

The earlier video has been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hard to know. Many sources claiming he will, and a lot of pundits online voicing their opinions he'll face retrospective action.

If so 3 match ban. To be fair, if he is banned he cant have many complaints and Guardiola himself said he didn't see the foul but if he is given a ban they will just accept it and move on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement