Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm surprised the media haven't been all over that incident of the crowd falling threw the advertising boarding it could of been alot more serious it's first time I seen it from that angle.

Hate the fact that Rashford got booked for that too they really do want robots playing football.

I dunno, if anything, I understand the booking more watching that incident. Crushes (and that was a minor one) terrify me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm surprised the media haven't been all over that incident of the crowd falling threw the advertising boarding it could of been alot more serious it's first time I seen it from that angle.

Hate the fact that Rashford got booked for that too they really do want robots playing football.

I think he deserved it to be honest, while celebrating with fans is a nice idea in theory, it can lead to a crush, someone could have been hurt.

Harsh but fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I dunno, if anything, I understand the booking more watching that incident. Crushes (and that was a minor one) terrify me.
    thelad95 wrote: »
    I think he deserved it to be honest, while celebrating with fans is a nice idea in theory, it can lead to a crush, someone could have been hurt.

Harsh but fair.

Totally get the safety aspect on it but how many times do we see people going to the edge to celebrate and not getting booked? The difference in this case was the barriers around the pitch were none existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jorge Mendes is in Monaco tonight. Maybe we are still after Fabinho,especially after he said he could still leave this transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rashford's cameo was brilliant. It was not only just the goal but the impact he had. Nice dribble and superb shot matched by superb save, dangerous cross which could have been attacked and the goal.

Against City he should start the game along with Mkhitaryan. I'm sure Rooney won't be dropped but we need pacey players to play on counter against City. At least Mata should be benched for Mkhitaryan or Rashford.

Rashford also showed how to play as wide forward by providing width. Him playing as winger shouldn't be a problem at all. Hopefully Martial regains his form. He wasn't bad btw, he was lively in the games but just missing the final touch. Must be lack of fitness/sharpness.

Also Smalling was unlucky. Was our best CB last season and this season he can't even get into first 11 and fans are not even bothered. Bailly and Blind are playing that good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Also Smalling was unlucky. Was our best CB last season and this season he can't even get into first 11 and fans are not even bothered. Bailly and Blind are playing that good.

Yeah I really don't care who plays. I trust Jose's judgement and if that means Blind and Blind are our first choice pairing, then so be it.

If it means Herrera and Mata are on the bench for the season, then so be it. That hurts me to say. I'm a horrible human being. Oh God what have I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah I really don't care who plays. I trust Jose's judgement and if that means Blind and Blind are our first choice pairing, then so be it.

If it means Herrera and Mata are on the bench for the season, then so be it. That hurts me to say. I'm a horrible human being. Oh God what have I said.

Good problem to have. 3 very good CBs and there is a healthy competition for places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Against City I'd like to see;

DDG

Valencia Bailly Blind Shaw

Herrera Schneiderlin

Mikhitaryan Pogba Rooney

Ibrahimovic

I think Pogba has the skills and the legs to support Ibrahimovic and help gain superiority in midfield when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You cloning blind for Jose?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So apparently Adre Marriner has said he did not see the Agureo incident, so it's going to the FA. Possible/probable three match ban :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So apparently Adre Marriner has said he did not see the Agureo incident, so it's going to the FA. Possible/probable three match ban :D

That would be good news as it was completely scummy and sly. Although if he gets banned and we win the derby, the City fans (and possibly the media) will probably use that as an excuse as obviously their team would be weaker without their main goalscorer.

That would be good news as it was completely scummy and sly. Although if he gets banned and we win the derby, the City fans (and possibly the media) will probably use that as an excuse as obviously their team would be weaker without their main goalscorer.

They'll make excuses regardless, but 3 points is 3 points in my head, and Jose beating Pep in the first El Manchestico would be a nice boost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Then their main goalscorer should not elbow people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You cloning blind for Jose?

You've to get out of bed very early in the morning to get things past our Mars Bar

They'll make excuses regardless, but 3 points is 3 points in my head, and Jose beating Pep in the first #ElManchesterico would be a nice boost :)

fyp

gotta hash tag that kind of stuff

• Advertisement

They'll make excuses regardless, but 3 points is 3 points in my head, and Jose beating Pep in the first El Manchestico would be a nice boost :)

It would be good to gain points on them alright, also it would be so sweet to beat them, I think we could and should beat them with or without Aguero. I couldn't care less what their fans will say if we win ;)
    Hococop wrote: »
    Then their main goalscorer should not elbow people :)

Obviously he shouldn't and I would never try to justify it :) It was scummy and looked vicious even if he didn't make contact with his face (as it looked like he intended). It looked like there was alot of force behind it. A ban would be well deserved IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Does anyone really care if they make excuses if we won.. I sure as hell wouldn't.. 3 points is 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Iheanacho isn't a bad replacement if Aguero is banned. Both United and City are still in good shape if they lose their first choice striker.

astradave wrote: »
    Does anyone really care if they make excuses if we won.. I sure as hell wouldn't.. 3 points is 3 points

Exactly, I couldn't care less but if we win we should get full credit for it rather than it being played down cos Aguero isn't there.

Anyway ATM it's all speculation, don't know if Aguero will be banned and don't know if we will win :o

Hopefully we get through the international break without any injuries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

With this being the first big game of the season could we see a change in formation? Jose has talked about using 433 and 4231 this season, having the extra man in midfield especially if Fellaini is out injured could be vital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

Seriously WGAF what city fans will moan about, 3 points against a main rival is all that matters. Aguero should have walked anyways , don't know how Mariner missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

When was the last run up to transfer deadline day when we had all our business done well before? First time for Ed anyway I guess :)

The new players are already settled into the club and helped put points on the board.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/770572709109633025

Macheda released by Cardiff,went from that game against Villa to journeyman.

Bastian wants to help the team when needed and has no problem with Jose.At least he is being professional about it and not moaning to the media or getting his agent to stir sh1t.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-schweinsteiger-11817761

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rooney to retire from international football after the 2018 World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

RobertKK wrote: »
    Rooney to retire from international football after the 2018 World Cup.

Wants to focus on winding up this thread full time I believe :pac:

A twist to the Bastian is happy at United story,Duncan Castles is claiming he has been offered to Sporting Lisbon on a free.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-offer-bastian-schweinsteiger-8735077

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

zerks wrote: »
    Bastian wants to help the team when needed and has no problem with Jose.At least he is being professional about it and not moaning to the media or getting his agent to stir sh1t.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-schweinsteiger-11817761

If the reports of his regular midweek jaunts back to Germany last year and him píssing off his teammates are true, then it's a bit late for him trying to be a professional. I'd drive him back to Germany for free and cover all his expenses, just to get rid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If the reports of his regular midweek jaunts back to Germany last year and him píssing off his teammates are true, then it's a bit late for him trying to be a professional. I'd drive him back to Germany for free and cover all his expenses, just to get rid of him.

Still a class player, would like to see him kept for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Schweinsteiger seems to only be a big United fan when it suits him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

He has claimed when he was growing up that Cantona was his favourite player.

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

See spurs ended their interest in zaha after a second bid of 18m was rejected. If I remember correctly United had a 50% sell on clause so palace were probably hoping for more tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Aguero been charged with violent conduct :D:D

scudzilla wrote: »
    Aguero been charged with violent conduct :D:D

https://twitter.com/fa/status/770656180582703104

Awesome news. Odds have been shifting in our favour today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Will Keane is 23 and his career hasn't really got started. Hope he has better luck at Hull City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

It would be a nice surprise for United to buy someone else before tomorrow but in all honesty we have gotten almost everything we collectively wished for so it's great we don't have to be worrying about the season ahead.

Monaco VP saying their window is done and no one is leaving, so no Fabinho I guess.

Wonder if we will see any last business with the deadline closing soon. Tomorrow is it.

• Advertisement

I'd say we might get some youth players in but nothing major

Monaco VP saying their window is done and no one is leaving, so no Fabinho I guess.

Wonder if we will see any last business with the deadline closing soon. Tomorrow is it.

Ahh for fuk sake woodward is useless. Waste his summer on Pogba and forget about fabinhos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Considering I've no idea who Fabinho is and how well Valencia has started I can't be bothered to care.

Bastian out at the last minute is probably the only interesting story for us to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GSPfan wrote: »
    Considering I've no idea who Fabinho is and how well Valencia has started I can't be bothered to care.

Bastian out at the last minute is probably the only interesting story for us to watch.

Valencia hasn't been that good since preseason. He was back to his usual poor crossing self at the weekend. I'd still rather Darmian got a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Would it shock you to see Aguero cleared due to "inconclusive evidence" in terms of determining his intent?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Would it shock you to see Aguero cleared due to "inconclusive evidence" in terms of determining his intent?

No way he can avoid a ban it was as clear as day what he tried to do.

• Advertisement

David Luiz back to Chelsea 30m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

SkySports will have their work cut out trying to make tomorrow seem exciting. All the major clubs seem to be finished their transfer business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Blind & Blind Personal Injury Lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

bangkok wrote: »

748.gif

bangkok wrote: »

No he isn't. Sky sources claim Chelsea have made a move and bud 32 million to bring him back but he is not "back at chelsea"..........................YET!

typical bangkok #vile

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement