Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

It was hardly a lecture FFS!! So I can't express my opinion unless I refer to everyone who holds a different opinion to me? He's hardly getting hate, don't be so over dramatic!!

He used my joke as an excuse to bring something I said 2. weeks ago back up.

I had already apologised for the joke also. I don't see people getting this bent out of shape when others joke about Bangkoks Fellaini hatred (I'm using Bangkok as an example before anyone rushes in to accuse me of picking on him and take offence)

I also don't know where this opinion that I'm some kind of dictator in this thread

Also I haven't replied to Pro F yet as it's difficult to wrote long replies on phone and I'm busy

LECTURE: a long serious speech, especially one given as a scolding or reprimand.

Re-read your post from two weeks ago and you tell me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

James Weir off to Hull apparently - another player out of Schweinsteigers way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

GSPfan wrote: »
    Are people really championing him though?

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only just out of work no activity today so?

Just to clarify something also...

Bangkok gives unfair criticism to Fellaini,
    A group of people defend Fellaini against unfair criticism.

A group of people gives unfair criticism to Rooney,
    deaddonkey defends Rooney against unfair criticism.

You can see above that deaddonkey is the exact opposite of bangkok. Its the people giving unfair criticism who are similar to bangkok.

Yeah.

Disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Pro. F wrote: »
    Saying that was just in contradiction to your behaviour. "Everybody can say what they want" but you still complained to deaddonkey about the fact he was debating Rooney. You haven't complained about any of the people carrying on the debate who share a similar opinion to you on Rooney.

If you act like that you should expect deaddonkey to get on your case about it. Why should it matter that it was two weeks ago?

Do you even remember my post that he was referring to? No contradiction at all, obviously this is a discussion forum so I replied to deaddonkey, I didn't complain about him debating Rooney. I made comments on the fact that he can see no negatives and was constantly bringing him up at the time.

If I act like what exactly? I had said before to stop debating Rooney this was directed at both sides.

I had finished with Rooney, I made a joke today then apologised. Dd brought up my previous post today. I don't see what good dragging this thread back does. Why bring it back up 2 weeks later. Jesus's Christ, I don't see others having to defend posts from weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Awful lot of Sandy Vaginas in here today.

Disagree.

Champion as a verb : to fight for or defend any person or cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Between Podcasts, Twitter and what I read online, this is the only place I've seen anybody championing Rooney bar a few of his media buddies.

What's it like on Reddit, Redcafe etc?

I think championing is a bit of a strong word. Rooney splits opinions. For England and for us.

I've seen people complain about him on twitter, facebook, articles and other forums, just like I've also seen people support him. The same is said for whenever I meet up with other footballing fans, some criticise him others support him.

I find it hard to believe boards is the only place you have seen somebody defending Rooney, unless you spend your time online and in life with people who just all have the same opinion of him as you.

Personally whenever I've seen or heard anything positive or negative about him it's not long after I hear/see a counter argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Just to clarify something also...

Bangkok gives unfair criticism to Fellaini,
    A group of people defend Fellaini against unfair criticism.

A group of people gives unfair criticism to Rooney,
    deaddonkey defends Rooney against unfair criticism.

You can see above that deaddonkey is the exact opposite of bangkok. Its the people giving unfair criticism who are similar to bangkok.

Yeah Just to clarify - i posted about Rooney at the time giving my own opinion on him, I was not giving unfair criticism,I wasn't being half as critical as others

Deaddonkey is as extreme in his opinion of Rooney in so far as he cannot see any negatives the same way as Bangkok could not see any positives with Fellaini.

Are we done here?

Champion as a verb : to fight for or defend any person or cause.

touché

James Weir off to Hull apparently - another player out of Schweinsteigers way....

Any other details? Surely a loan deal? He really is an exciting talent. If he does go on loan it would be brilliant for him to get experience in the PL

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I think championing is a bit of a strong word. Rooney splits opinions. For England and for us.

I've seen people complain about him on twitter, facebook, articles and other forums, just like I've also seen people support him. The same is said for whenever I meet up with other footballing fans, some criticise him others support him.

I find it hard to believe boards is the only place you have seen somebody defending Rooney, unless you spend your time online and in life with people who just all have the same opinion of him as you.

Personally whenever I've seen or heard anything positive or negative about him it's not long after I hear/see a counter argument.

Well I'm never on Reddit or Redcafe, which is the reason I asked. I follow a lot of United people on Twitter, they all seem to think he isn't good enough anymore. Listen to a few podcasts and it's the same there.
    This really is the only place I do see people defend his performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Yeah Just to clarify - i posted about Rooney at the time giving my own opinion on him, I was not giving unfair criticism,I wasn't being half as critical as others

Deaddonkey is as extreme in his opinion of Rooney in so far as he cannot see any negatives the same way as Bangkok could not see any positives with Fellaini.

Are we done here?

Leave me out of this... I gave fellaini his dues when he played well for 4 or 5 games in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Well I'm never on Reddit or Redcafe, which is the reason I asked. I follow a lot of United people on Twitter, they all seem to think he isn't good enough anymore. Listen to a few podcasts and it's the same there.

The only person that matters is Jose mourinho and he knows more than anyone on boards, or reddit or Twitter or wherever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Yep many people were discussing him but you were unable to see any flaw with him IMO (note this is the important part in MY opinion).

And many posters are unable to see any positive with him, so why didn't you lecture them? Can you provide evidence for me being unable to see any flaw in Rooney please? I've asked a lot of people to post evidence from my posts to back up their claims recently and not one of them did. Personally I think my posts are best summed up by what GSPfan said:
    Are people really championing him though? Defending him against irrational criticism but hardly championing him.
    You can't seem to get over the fact that I directed a post to you

It doesn't bother me. I just don't understand why, when Rooney debates are so common and involve many posters here, did you only take issue with me and my right to express my opinion.
    Also you're a bit hypocritical complaining that I'm singling you out when you're doing just that to me now.

Not at all. I was one of many posters taking part in one of the many Rooney debates yet you only single me out for no reason to lecture me and basically tell me to stop posting my opinion on the matter whilst also mentioning how you don't want another Rooney debate (which I didn't start). It's rather two faced then that when another poster jokingly started another Rooney debate today out of nowhere, and for no reason, which other posters joined in with, rather than reprimand any of them for bringing up another needless Rooney debate you instead choose to make a joke at my expense. Me taking issue with that is not hypocritical and it's not singling you out for no reason like you did with me, it's calling you out on your own hypocrisy and double standards.

Saying that was just in contradiction to your behaviour. "Everybody can say what they want" but you still complained to deaddonkey about the fact he was debating Rooney. You haven't complained about any of the people carrying on the debate who share a similar opinion to you on Rooney.

If you act like that you should expect deaddonkey to get on your case about it. Why should it matter that it was two weeks ago?

Great post, pretty much sums up the point I'm making. Glad someone else see's it too. Or maybe I just hacked your account?

Sorry, reading back the bold it may have come across like I was having a go or something.

Have to say that's an odd one. Whenever Rooney does something bad or good I find a debate isn't far off. It's just something I see a lot, from people online and people I know myself. Perhaps it is more prominent in here as the debate keeps popping it's head in the forum.

No doubt he will divide opinions even after his retirement :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Cuadrado re-joins Juventus on a 3 year loan deal.......

Chelsea do some dodgy (looking at least) business it must be said

Sorry not the right thread

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

bangkok wrote: »
    The only person that matters is Jose mourinho and he knows more than anyone on boards, or reddit or Twitter or wherever

Speak for yourself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You see plenty at old Trafford defending and supporting him.

I like Rooney too fwiw.

Are we done here?

I don't doubt you are fair in your criticism of Rooney but your post to deaddonkey two weeks ago warranted his response to you today.
    So its only bangkok and deaddonkey using extremes? Not at all. Bangkoks extreme criticism of Fellaini is equal to a few posters extreme critcism of Rooney.

I enjoy both bangkoks and deaddonkeys posts so when someone tries to urge them to change their posting style I might have something to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I don't see others having to defend posts from weeks ago.

Others don't single out posters here and essentially tell them to stop posting their opinion in an ongoing discussion.

Again, can you post evidence for this please? I can think of one or two posters here who cannot see any positives with Rooney, so why didn't you lecture them for being extreme in their views?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well that escalated quickly.

Hayley.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The people saying Mkhitaryan played RW for Dortmund are wrong. He was cutting inside all the time. He is naturally a 10. He played like a 10 from wide, not a winger and he was in a team who are always super-humanly fit, so they don't need to concern themselves with rational team shape as much as United do. Sometimes you can use one of those types of players in the wider positions, sometimes they don't work. Mitch saying he'd rather we sign a quality RW makes sense, it would give more options. We've only really got one in the squad at the moment - Lingard - and he's still developing.

Jose wants his RW player to take up a central position in possession, its why he has Rooney and Valencia in the team. (Sorry if this was already discussed later in the thread)

I don't think Lingard is a RW either, he is more like an Iniesta who wants to operate in a more central area and move around.

EDIT: I see Adamocovic already posted about Mkhitaryan and where Jose will be playing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

From what I've read on redcafe, Rooney gets tonnes of abuse.

Don't read much on r/reddevils cause it's just a load of cringe most of the time.

I can't tell if this is now passive aggressive or just plain old aggressive? ;)

From what I've read on redcafe, Rooney gets tonnes of abuse.

Don't read much on r/reddevils cause it's just a load of cringe most of the time.

Redcafe is every bit as bad.

Hayley.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJyKofXjlRO/
    I'll take one for the team....

• Advertisement

Deadline day on sky just got interesting.

Just wish i could mute that dope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Jayop wrote: »
    Redcafe is every bit as bad.

It can be alright, don't like how its a free for all to say whatever you want to say about a player. Non existent line between criticism and personal abuse over there.

Jayop wrote: »
    You see plenty at old Trafford defending and supporting him.

I like Rooney too fwiw.

Yeah, and it's not something exclusive to Rooney. Not so long ago there was a big divide of opinions on Smalling and Fellaini too. Some players just divide the opinions of fans.

I know it is slightly off topic, maybe not too much since the player in question is a former Red, but your comment just reminded me of this.

During the Ireland Italy game in the Euros I was sitting in front of a fella who was complaining about Robbie Brady not being good enough for the entire game, he clearly didn't like him for some reason. His friends had the responses of tired fans who have had this argument with him many times. Now I'm a big Brady fan, was gutted when he left us despite it being the good move for him I just really liked him.

Well if the tension of the match wasn't enough I had to deal with this lad giving out every time Brady did something he didn't like, be it a poor pass or lose possession, anything, something he didn't do for any other player. It didn't help that he was sitting right behind me so his criticisms were always falling on my ears.

But when the goal went in he nearly jumped on my back celebrating it, at first he hadn't noticed it was Brady who knocked it in and he asked who got it. I turned around ready to tell him but was beaten to it by his friends. When he was told his friends burst themselves laughing and he actually looked a little annoyed that it was Brady, he just replied with something along the lines of about time he did something.

Us football fans can be a stubborn aul lot when it comes to our opinions on players. :pac:

• GSPfan wrote: »
    Hayley.

This better be good....
    I have changed over from the match...

It can be alright, don't like how its a free for all to say whatever you want to say about a player. Non existent line between criticism and personal abuse over there.

I posted there for years and that's one of the main reasons I quit the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mkhitaryan has gone off injured for Armenia

Mars Bar wrote: »

No fuken way

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/771075013697015809

Simon Stone @sistoney67
    James Weir to @HullCity will be a permanent transfer.

jayo26 wrote: »
    No fuken way

https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/771071336055701504

He was able to walk off the pitch which is hopefully a good sign

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    No fuken way

Apparently just precautionary, ahead of their WC qualifer.

Feck it.

DM_7 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/771075013697015809

Simon Stone @sistoney67
    James Weir to @HullCity will be a permanent transfer.

Surely not! Don't really follow twitter lads but hoping there is no truth in that.

If he is sold there better be a buy back clause. Really would be disappointed to sell him rather than loan him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

giphy.gif

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Surely not! Don't really follow twitter lads but hoping there is no truth in that.

If he is sold there better be a buy back clause. Really would be disappointed to sell him rather than loan him out.

It's a 3 year contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Looked bad at first but he seemed to be walking fine afterwards which is great.

Surely the substitution was just a pre-caution

• Advertisement

Our u21 team is going to take a beating with all these lads going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

It's a 3 year contract

Have to say didn't expect that. I hope there is some buy-back clause. He is a promising young talent, bit gutted to sell him myself. Would have preferred us to loan him out to get some experience.

• FFS
    Internationals are lethal for injuries
    Lower rank teams tend to lunge in on tackles regardless of it being a friendly or competitive fixture

United can buy most players back any way.

Its good to see other clubs buying from the likes of United now, too many young players get stockpiled and miss out on development. Loans are just not that good as the receiving club have no incentive to help a player improve long term.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement