Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That's a strange one with Weir,he looked decent enough last season the few times I watched the reserves

Maybe he wanted the move away himself,best of luck to him anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

DM_7 wrote: »
    United can buy most players back any way.

Yeah for £89 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Meh, deaddonkey was the same as those going over the top with the Rooney criticism, just at the opposite end. He posted plenty of snarky comments as well so I've no sympathy for him. Also went out of his way to keep the Rooney thing going.

The joke was a light hearted joke ffs and I thought a nice tongue in cheek nothing comment but of course he has to wade in again with both feet.

He made a mountain out of a mole hill( not for the first time) and has escalated a mild stab at humour into a victim plea.

• Rossi IRL wrote: »

Time for me to be Jose critical
    He's sold a fair bit of youth this transfer window which I don't like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

adox wrote: »
    Meh, deaddonkey was the same as those going over the top with the Rooney criticism, just at the opposite end. He posted plenty of snarky comments as well so I've no sympathy for him. Also went out of his way to keep the Rooney thing going.

The joke was a light hearted joke ffs and I thought a nice tongue in cheek nothing comment but of course he has to wade in again with both feet.

He made a mountain out of a mole hill( not for the first time) and has escalated a mild stab at humour into a victim plea.

I've already made it clear that I have no issue with the joke, I thought it was very funny. I'd appreciate evidence for the bolded parts though.

Edit: In fact evidence for all your claims would be appreciated.

I'd appreciate evidence for the bolded parts though.

I seen this coming a mile away! :)

Haven't seen a request fullfilled as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It can be alright, don't like how its a free for all to say whatever you want to say about a player. Non existent line between criticism and personal abuse over there.

One of its few plus points for me. You can vent and call a player a knob without fear of a yellow card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

J. Marston wrote: »
    One of its few plus points for me. You can vent and call a player a knob without fear of a yellow card.

And that's bred a hive mind made up of idiotic children who all hate whoever the senior posters hate and love whoever they love.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Love, mcnair, weir, keane...... I dont mind, doubt they will ever become world beaters anyway.

Our u21 team has been terrible this season so far though and now has very small numbers to pick from.

Henderson and Pereira loans are good. Would of preferred Pereira to go to the championship though.

GSPfan wrote: »

I haven't either, and I'm not too optimistic about this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Well done.

It's pretty obvious from his posting history over the last few weeks. It's not like I'm revealing some subtle hidden gems that I need to dig up.

Call me lazy but I can't be arsed searching for quotes from his posts to present as evidence that were as obvious to anyone who cared to pay attention.

Anyway I've had enough of the likes of the above nonsense from posters on here. I'm going to take a break from here for a while and leave youse to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Love, mcnair, weir, keane...... I dont mind, doubt they will ever become world beaters anyway.

Our u21 team has been terrible this season so far though and now has very small numbers to pick from.

Henderson and Pereira loans are good. Would of preferred Pereira to go to the championship though.

The reason I'm more concerned about Weir leaving however is that he has been promising in the youths and hasn't had a spell away or gained any professional experience yet he has still been sold.

Maybe he won't become a world beater, but it just seems odd to me that a player who has been promising and done well in the youths is sold off rather than given a chance to prove himself on loan. Now maybe there is more to it, maybe he wanted a permanent deal, maybe there is a buy back clause, who knows.

It just kind of goes against the norm in my view for a player with his potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It's like a court of law in here at times.

Well done.

It's pretty obvious from his posting history over the last few weeks. It's nice like I'm revealing some subtle hidden gems that I need to dig up.

Call me lazy but I can't be arsed searching for quotes from his posts to present as evidence that were as obvious to anyone who cared to pay attention.

Anyway I've had enough of the likes of the above nonsense from posters on here. I'm going to take a break from here for a while and leave youse to it.

Asked to back up your statements about me and you run away instead. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Well done.

It's pretty obvious from his posting history over the last few weeks. It's nice like I'm revealing some subtle hidden gems that I need to dig up.

You'd be well missed on this thread. Speak a lot of sense a lot of the time and not afraid to have a laugh either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

We'll that's a waste of 15 minutes reading through 6 pages

Who ever was having a go at Cookie dough has made a mortal enemy of me... posters beware...

Hayley looks exquisite, why is that perma tanned yolk in Hayley's seat

Best of luck to James Weir but he's at an age where he'll not break into the first team squad never mind the actual team so time to move on and get first team football

• Jesus lads will yee chill the **** out
    International breaks / summer downtime = Everybody loses the head

Ah Adox come back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not unexpected though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Not unexpected though.

Not unexpected by Jose or the quality of what was sold?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

Yes, and when I feel I am about to go into a rant about a player when they misplace a pass or something I often check and find someone has called him a dirty ****in nonce who clearly noshes off Rui Faria to get a game, which obviously lightens my mood completely and gives me some perspective on things :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

brinty wrote: »
    Who ever was having a go at Cookie dough has made a mortal enemy of me... posters beware...

You already have me on your ignore list.

Well done.

Lazy.

You already have me on your ignore list.

...but that means he can't see this post

giphy.gif

It's like a court of law in here at times.

That couldn't be further from reality. Its the very definition of a Kangaroo Court in here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

On sale of some young pkayets. Its okay sobfar as its not like he sold Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick Jackson or Tuanzebe.

Edit: players also got loan deals which is better than keeping them around if they wouldn't get the game time needed.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Its not like he sold Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick Jackson or Tuanzebe.

I admit I might be in the minority about it and maybe I rate James Weir higher than others.

It just caught me by surprise selling him.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    ...but that means he can't see this post

giphy.gif

I know. It was for everyone else's benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is anyone gone that any of us had any real hope for?

We churn out a staggering amount of young players, the fact is that the majority are not and will not ever be good enough for the first team.

If he was to ship the likes of Rashers or TFM for example then I'd be annoyed, otherwise it makes no odds IMO.

That couldn't be further from reality. Its the very definition of a Kangaroo Court in here.

Depending on who you're arguing with. I get the impression some people only care about winning the argument, even if it's on a technicality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Please show evidence of this

• Advertisement

Depend on who you're arguing with. I get the impression some people only care about winning the argument, even if it's on a technicality.

I'm sorry but whenever I see that I just think of this..

No.

See... Just like a Kangaroo Court. Now all I need is a group of people to agree with me, disagree with you, and label you as something you may not be.

If he had shipped out Rashford or TFM this time last year before you were very aware of them (assuming) I don't think you would have been bothered either though, maybe even if you did know enough about Rashford cause he didn't pull up trees to be honest. The vast majority will not be good enough for the United first team obviously, so it is not unexpected to see youth players move on, nor to see Jose being decisive in that regard. All we can do is hope he gets more right then wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Jayop wrote: »
    Our u21 team is going to take a beating with all these lads going.

Does anyone really care? The u21 teams basic function is to provide players who are good enough their chance with the first team

• Is anyone gone that any of us had any real hope for?

We churn out a staggering amount of young players, the fact is that the majority are not and will not ever be good enough for the first team.

If he was to ship the likes of Rashers or TFM for example then I'd be annoyed, otherwise it makes no odds IMO.
    The youth squad are losing games week in week out at the moment. I'd argue that selling potential talent and limiting the squad further may have long term implications to the Utd setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No.

See... Just like a Kangaroo Court. Now all I need is a group of people to agree with me, disagree with you, and label you as something you may not be.

Was only pulling yer leg anyway dude :p

• If he had shipped out Rashford or TFM this time last year before you were very aware of them (assuming) I don't think you would have been bothered either though, maybe even if you did know enough about Rashford cause he didn't pull up trees to be honest. The vast majority will not be good enough for the United first team obviously, so it is not unexpected to see youth players move on, nor to see Jose being decisive in that regard. All we can do is hope he gets more right then wrong.

That's not my initial concern
    Just replied to Saul with my thoughts

Its the very definition of a Kangaroo Court in here.
    No.
    Lazy.

Brilliant. :)

International weeks are tremendous in fairness, anything happening deadline day?

Not following it at all as I doubt there will be much interest in it for a United fan

The youth squad are losing games week in week out at the moment. I'd argue that selling potential talent and limiting the squad further may have long term implications to the Utd setup

Not really, potential talent has always been sold every season, you have to decide if you think they are good enough or have improved year after year. Chances are if they are good enough, they will get their chance and be kept with squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

hi guys, any transfer ne....

fire_community.gif

• Advertisement

Also on Rooney, 3 games, 1 goal 2 assists this season. Decent start for a no 10

Winning or losing in itself isn't important but it obviously wouldn't be the best for morale to be getting beat every week.

Learning/developing is the goal though rather then winning.

That's not my initial concern
    Just replied to Saul with my thoughts

Sorry dude that post was actually supposed to quote Saul T Nutz and not meant to be a response to you.

• bangkok wrote: »
    Not really, potential talent has always been sold every season, you have to decide if you think they are good enough or have improved year after year. Chances are if they are good enough, they will get their chance and be kept with squad

The more competitive the youth setup is the more likely that someone like Rashford makes the step up to the next level
    So no I don't agree that stripping back the youth team further has any positive effect or will increase the likely-hood of blooding younger talent into the senior setup

Off topic but this gave me a laugh

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/771095388560515072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Everton like the overly attached girlfriend :D

Edit: continues

https://twitter.com/GraemeBailey/status/771096919670198272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He's off to Spurs btw on a 5 year contract apparently

bangkok wrote: »
    Also on Rooney, 3 games, 1 goal 2 assists this season. Decent start for a no 10

Martial. 3 games, 2 assists but he's clearly been sh*te.

Sissoko signing for Spurs is a good move for both of them.

Martial. 3 games, 2 assists but he's clearly been sh*te.

Both in the one game, 1st "assist" was hardly intentional and the second was a simple pass to Ibrahimovich. Offered nothing against Hull and missed a very good chance against Southampton, set up by Rooney of all people. Rooney has contributed in every game so far.

Sissoko signing for Spurs is a good move for both of them.

The best bit about it all is on Sky Sports News the headline is "Everton withdraw interest in Moussa Sissoko".. Yeah right, nothing to do with the fact that you got jilted :pac:

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    The best bit about it all is on Sky Sports News the headline is "Everton withdraw interest in Moussa Sissoko".. Yeah right, nothing to do with the fact that you got jilted :pac:

They never wanted him anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement