Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

....Every forward player will make mistakes a number of times in a game, yet only Rooney's ones are highlighted and extremely criticised. That was essentially my point in a roundabout sarcastic way. I don't see how my "snarky" or sarcastic posts warrant the lecture I received from cookie_dough though.

Let's get this out of the way right now is this the "lecture" you are referring to

Do you have a notification whenever Rooney is mentioned in a negative light on here? I was expecting you to come in posting as soon as he was mentioned.

Any time I've seen you posting in the last days it was been in defense and praise of Rooney where it was in a debate with other posters or in response to videos.

I get it, you think rate Rooney highly and think he's no worse than anybody else in the team. There's no changing your mind and that's fair enough as everybody is entitled to their opinion BUT there's no need to get into a Rooney discussion every time you post. You don't need to keep driving the point home really.

The poster already acknowledged the Rooney clips were cherry picked anyway.

The Rooney argument goes around in circles and there was an attempt yesterday to drag the thread away from the endless Rooney debate by having a lighthearted discussion and posting videos but still you were getting in defence of Rooney. Really everyone here is aware of your stance already.

Can we please not have the Rooney debate again people?

This was on 18/08/2016 and in response to a cherry picked video of Rooney's bad play where you sarcastically said "Do Martial and Mata next"

I don’t know why you feel the need to bring up a post I made 2 weeks ago (I don’t recall you responding at the time). If you have a problem with a post then report it!!

You brought the issue back up yesterday as I made a JOKE and subsequently APOLOGISED for (you didn’t acknowledge or accept my apology, thanks BTW ) You later acknowledged you found the joke funny to another poster so evidently my post had been eating you and you felt the need to bring it up and you didn’t have issue with the joke. I had made similar jokes before

This post was a series of observations on my part at the time-

I was NOT telling you how to post in this forum (you and others have been portraying me as someone here who is dictating to others what and how to post, this is not the case and I take offense to it) I acknowledged you rated Rooney highly and thought he was better/no worse than others and this is fair enough obviously. I had noticed at this time that all of your particular posts were relating to Rooney or alluding to him even when the thread was going off topic and trying to move on to something else thus bringing the thread back to him. Yes others were criticising him but had moved on and were able to talk about other things hence why I replied to you particularly.
    I chose to reply to you particularly,yes, that does not mean I have to respond to every individual poster who shares your opinion.
    Just because people criticise Rooney doesn’t mean they have to justify it by criticising others. The only comment I made about Rooney was that I thought he slowed down the play so it was not OTT or unjustified.
    I said that the Rooney debate was going around in circles and can we not have the Rooney debate again people (meaning everybody not specifically you)

You are making out that you are being targeted here and are crying victim, you would swear that I was abusing you down to the ground the way you’re carrying on. Your constant posts of "I am entitled to defend myself" etc- who's saying you can't? Also people are referring to your POSTS and not you personally. I am sick of having to defend ONE single post here, as I have previously said other people often post long replies to others and are not accused of lecturing or targeting them and are not being scruntinised weeks later. I am posting this one last thing on the issue as it is bothering me that I am being classed as a bully in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Any chance we could start a separate thread for Rooney discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why argue that Rooney shouldn't be playing when a three time Premier league winning manager, three time Premier league manager of the year, two time Champion's league winner and a World Coach of the year winner is the one picking him.

I get your point, and everyone when they say something similar, but you may as well give up ever trying to have any sort of footballing debate if you follow this kind of logic though.

At the end of the day, everyone in charge in football and making the decisions or commenting on them are more qualified or more experienced than the lot of us are. Doesn't mean we can't disagree with them on certain issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

No a thread for childish arguments would do. This is a load of bulsh1t arguing over a post that was made two weeks ago and the argument itself is going.on since yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

This was on 18/08/2016 and in response to a cherry picked video of Rooney's bad play where you sarcastically said "Do Martial and Mata next"

That wasn't sarcasm. I was serious. Why portray only Rooney as the only player that makes mistakes and had a poor game when there are other's too? That post wasn't addressed to you either.
    I don’t know why you feel the need to bring up a post I made 2 weeks ago (I don’t recall you responding at the time). If you have a problem with a post then report it!!

Already explained this. I was calling you out on your hypocrisy. A strongly worded lecture to me in response to a post I left that didn't mention Rooney where you made clear your feelings on my consistent Rooney posting (and no one else's), your feeling's on the Rooney debates, and your desire to not have another debate 2 weeks ago, but yesterday when someone starts a Rooney debate for no reason, which I wasn't involved in, instead of repeating your feelings on the Rooney debates and your desire not to have one, you instead bring me into it with a joke at my expense.
    You brought the issue back up yesterday as I made a JOKE and subsequently APOLOGISED for (you didn’t acknowledge or accept my apology, thanks BTW ) You later acknowledged you found the joke funny to another poster so evidently my post had been eating you and you felt the need to bring it up and you didn’t have issue with the joke. I had made similar jokes before

I'm under no obligation to accept your apology. You didn't even have to apologise, I already said I found your joke very funny.
    I was NOT telling you how to post in this forum (you and others have been portraying me as someone here who is dictating to others what and how to post, this is not the case and I take offense to it)

As I said at the time, from the tone of your post and reading between the lines, it was pretty clear that you wanted me to stop defending Rooney, but apparently didn't want others to stop criticising him since it was only me you addressed.
    I acknowledged you rated Rooney highly and thought he was better/no worse than others and this is fair enough obviously. I had noticed at this time that all of your particular posts were relating to Rooney or alluding to him even when the thread was going off topic and trying to move on to something else thus bringing the thread back to him.

You said yourself everyone is entitled to post what they want in your rant at me, so as Prof pointed out recently, why have a go at me and only me for posting what I want when in your own words everyone is entitled to post what they want?
    Yes others were criticising him but had moved on and were able to talk about other things hence why I replied to you particularly.

It had moved on until someone else posted a video of Rooney's "lowlights" from the Bournemouth game, which sparked another Rooney debate. My input on the matter was to call for a similar video for Mata and Martial, no mention of Rooney, which then prompted you to lecture me about my constant posting about Rooney. Do you not see a fault in your argument there?
    I said that the Rooney debate was going around in circles and can we not have the Rooney debate again people (meaning everybody not specifically you)

But it was after a rant directed at me in response to a post I made that didn't mention Rooney at all. Why didn't you express your desire to avoid a Rooney debate in reponse to the guy that posted a video specifically to spark a Rooney debate? Or in response to the people commented about Rooney after the video? Instead you responded to my post which didn't mention Rooney at all. And again yesterday, when someone needlessly started another Rooney debate, why didn't you respond to them or just post yourself expressing your lack of desire and interest for a Rooney debate? Instead, you dragged me into it with your joke. Do you not see how that is a bit hypocritical from my (or anyone's really) point of view?
    You are making out that you are being targeted here and are crying victim, you would swear that I was abusing you down to the ground the way you’re carrying on. I am sick of having to defend ONE single post here, as I have previously said other people often post long replies to others and are not accused of lecturing or targeting them and are not being scruntinised weeks later. I am posting this one last thing on the issue as it is bothering me that I am being classed as a bully in this situation.

As I've said already, I'm not "crying victim", I'm calling you out on your hypocrisy.

just an edit on this, I did respond at the time. And other's did too in my defence. Again, false accusations against me.

• An update on Miki:

When asked by journalists whether he would play in Armenia’s next game against Denmark on Sunday, Henrikh Mkhitaryan replied “I hope so”.
    Good news but I'd rather he didn't play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Done.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057642233#

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I was stupidly hoping the whole thing would have moved on by now. Problem is it's just going to pop right back up whenever he who shall not be named does something good, or does something bad.

Is there anyway people on both sides can just come together, admit they don't and probably won't see eye to eye and call a ceasefire. There's nothing wrong with bringing out an opinion but it seems the debates just go in circles, nothing ever changes.

Y8Q84Xb.gif

• Advertisement

Still can't understand the James weir transfer he looked to be a top young player why not just send him on loan...

Haven't see anything on United social media or on here but on SkySports completed deals they are saying that Joel Pereira and Dean Henderson have been loaned out for the season.

Henderson to Grimsby and Pereira to Os Belenenses. Hope both of them manage to get regular football, most interestingly though is Joel Pereira going to a top division side in Portugal, he's a promising young talent but it will be interesting to see if he can break into the team, it's a mid table team in Portugal, it would be brilliant for his progression if he did.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Still can't understand the James weir transfer he looked to be a top young player why not just send him on loan...

I was shocked by it too.

Could be a case where he wanted a move away, or maybe there is a buy back clause, it's hard to know with so little details out so far.

But surely more information will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

1 year ago today Anthony Martial was signed, his greatest moment in a United shirt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Strange alright. I'm surprised Blackett and Will Keane were sold and not loaned also. Was there not high hopes for them? I don't think Blackett got on well with his loan last season to Celtic. Sure we can always buy them all back at a later date if they turn into megastars ;):)

I also love how McNair, Love, Blackett, Keane and Weir all went to clubs with ex-Utd people in charge! Fair play anyway I hope they all do well.

Strange alright. I'm surprised Blackett and Will Keane were sold and not loaned also. Was there not high hopes for them? I don't think Blackett got on well with his loan last season to Celtic. Sure we can always buy them all back at a later date if they turn into megastars ;):)

I also love how McNair, Love, Blackett, Keane and Weir all went to clubs with ex-Utd people in charge! Fair play anyway I hope they all do well.

I can actually understand the blackett and keane sales they have already had loan moves and largely failed. Blackett only looked good at the start of lvgs rane I think and then he largely fizzled out.

I'm surprised at the sales of weir because.he never got a decent chance anywhere i think. If he had to go on a loan to Hull it would be a chance to see what he can do.

Also the sale of Fletcher surprised me. He looked promising on loan last season I thought he might get another loan to a higher level but he was sold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, let's draw a massive, bold line under the whole "who said what" with the whole Rooney thing. We've long since moved past discussing Rooney and are now just discussing the discussions, and starting to venture into post after post about other posters.

If you've got a post about Rooney, his ability, form, etc. Fine. Fire away.

If you want to just moan about other posters, then take it elsewhere, cause it's way off topic, and I'm beginning to think there are some posts deliberately looking to disrupt and hijack the thread.

Move on from the matter now. (And as usual, if anyone wants to discuss this warning, PM. But this is the end of the conversation on thread).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

WeIl said TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Does anyone know anything more about Mkhitaryan's injury on international duty last night? I just heard he was taken off early, hopefully just with an eye on Armenia's qualifier next week but it would be a loss if it turned out to be more serious than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jose has recruited Atletico's chief scout.http://en.as.com/en/2016/08/31/football/1472671625_806386.html
    Mourinho has signed Atleti's chief scout, Gerardo Guzmán, to join the scouting team at Old Trafford.

This kind of recruitment is just as important as signing the big name players,it ensures we get some top up and coming talent.That's 2 scouts recruited in 2 days.

Barca doing a Wenger....."We could have signed Pogba last season but decided against it"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-news-paul-pogba-barcelona-a7220006.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Back to Jose and his lack of giving youth a chance

bangkok wrote: »
    Back to Jose and his lack of giving youth a chance

Nope it's not as simple as that. Jose has by all means picked his 23 man squad weir was nowhere good enough to be in that squad but he was worth a punt in keeping around.

I don't honestly think it's jose that's making a decision on all these youngsters he wouldn't be around them enough to decide who needs to stay or go I think it's down to nicky Butt or that new dude they brought in. It has to be someone closer to the youth team that is deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Does anyone know anything more about Mkhitaryan's injury on international duty last night? I just heard he was taken off early, hopefully just with an eye on Armenia's qualifier next week but it would be a loss if it turned out to be more serious than that.

Nothing serious; He was taken off as a precaution after a strong coming together.

He'll be grand shur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Nope it's not as simple as that. Jose has by all means picked his 23 man squad weir was nowhere good enough to be in that squad but he was worth a punt in keeping around.

I don't honestly think it's jose that's making a decision on all these youngsters he wouldn't be around them enough to decide who needs to stay or go I think it's down to nicky Butt or that new dude they brought in. It has to be someone closer to the youth team that is deciding.

Hasn't the youth team been pretty poor the last while, didn't their manager give a pretty damning interview about their attitudes recently?

Maybe they feel that the current crop just don't have it (either skill or attitude) and need to get rid to bring others through. It probably has very little to do with Jose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Hasn't the youth team been pretty poor the last while, didn't their manager give a pretty damning interview about their attitudes recently?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/coach-warren-joyce-has-pop-at-embarrassing-manchester-united-u23s-417452.html

"“It’s not an automatic thing at this place that players just go on and be successful, as they have been in the last few years, where if they’re not good enough to play for Manchester United they drift into leagues and have successful careers.

“This group are almost deluded really, as to where they’re at. And there is certainly a lot of hard work to be put in during the coming season to keep our head above water, really.

“There’s no shame in not quite being good enough to play for Manchester United but you can’t be deluded and think you’re further along than you are as well."

Maybe they feel that the current crop just don't have it (either skill or attitude) and need to get rid to bring others through. It probably has very little to do with Jose

Well they did win the u21 league at a canter last season captained by weir so I donno what more they can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭Sand

zerks wrote: »
    Barca doing a Wenger....."We could have signed Pogba last season but decided against it"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-news-paul-pogba-barcelona-a7220006.html

I see he is also moaning about the PL having money and Barca having to make economic adjustments to sign players. I don't see how they can rule out TV deal income through FFP and I cant see Barca and Real campaigning for FFP within the context of the La Liga. The PL has just made better choices than Barca and the rest of La Liga.

Dunno if this was posted before,I knew about winning the first 3 games but being the first United manager in their history to win his first 4 matches is pretty damn good.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/770539326157520896

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Well they did win the u21 league at a canter last season captained by weir so I donno what more they can do.

Pretty sure it was the academy lads rather than the U21's he was talking about. They'd been tonked 4-0 by Derby and then lost to Liverpool as well.

Beat Everton 5-1 in the next fixture mind, so maybe it worked :D

Iago wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was the academy lads rather than the U21's he was talking about. They'd been tonked 4-0 by Derby and then lost to Liverpool as well.

Beat Everton 5-1 in the next fixture mind, so maybe it worked :D

Yep he complained about the academy but weir was the captain of u21s last season that won the league and he was one of the major performers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Think they might have taken their eyes off the ball a bit, seen how a few progressed into the senior setup last year and thought it was only a matter of time before following suit.

Some loan moves are the best options for them and with the likes of Weir and Love they've obviously made their mind up on them - 21 and have made little impact on loan or in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I stand corrected on Weir then, I mistook the interview as dealing with the 21's.

Still, I reckon Jose would have very little to do with the decision. IT was probably a bit like Pogba, the guy wanted guaranteed 1st team time and at most Jose would have said that he already has adequate cover this year so wait. Like Pogba, he choose to move.

We all face that sort of decision in our careers were we feel we can step up but the person ahead of us isn't going to leave. You either put up or move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I stand corrected on Weir then, I mistook the interview as dealing with the 21's.

Still, I reckon Jose would have very little to do with the decision. IT was probably a bit like Pogba, the guy wanted guaranteed 1st team time and at most Jose would have said that he already has adequate cover this year so wait. Like Pogba, he choose to move.

We all face that sort of decision in our careers were we feel we can step up but the person ahead of us isn't going to leave. You either put up or move on.
    It was the u23 side he was talking about in that quote. Started the first couple of games badly.

No issue with weir being sold, was at an age where he should be pushing the first team if he was good enough and not close to that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well you can look at all the individuals and positions if you wish but my points still is that in the current formation and apparent style being deployed the position on the right that Mkhitaryan would be playing would actually suit him.

As far as I'm concerned, looking at just a formation and one player in isolation does not work for figuring out whether that player is suited for the proposed role.
    Adamocovic wrote: »
    We are very much lining up with an attacking midfield line in between our CF and sitting midfield. Even with Dortmund Mkhitaryan would switch between AML, AMC and AMR quite a bit. With the position that Mata has been playing so far on the right it is quite clear that it is not a traditional winger position rather the attacking midfield on the right, where he has freedom to roam into a central position leaving space for the fullbacks to push forward and attack, something Mourinho seems to have used in previous clubs. However Mkhitaryan would attempt to dribble past people more than Mata in this position.

But at Dortmund Miki was playing in an attack with Aubameyang (extreme pace at CF), Reus (when fit; again lots of pace) and Castro (very good athlete). And all this in a team who are pretty much always exceptionally fit compared to other top level teams. That is a completely different situation from what is going on at United.

I'm not talking about us needing a traditional winger (if by that you mean someone hugging the touchline and getting in crosses), I'm talking about the team needing more pace in the attack and more athletic types to get up and down the field. Miki is an unremarkable athlete in terms of stamina and pace in a wide midfield role (whether cutting inside in possession or not). So is Martial. Ibra and Rooney are relatively slow, so they aren't providing that pace at the sharp end either.

Yes Mkhitaryan would be better than Mata in that right-side role, because, while not super athletic, he's more athletic than Mata and he runs with the ball at his feet much better. But being better than Mata, who really doesn't fit into this attack, isn't so impressive. So far, the attack that Jose has built at United has kept his usual narrowness, but lost the pace and stamina.

Yes Jose has usually played this type of narrow attack. However, he has usually filled it with very strong athletes - the likes of Ramires, Oscar, Willian and even the odd converted fullback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

@ProF

Wasn't Mkhitaryan's defensive work-rate and contribution supposed to be one of his most impressive features?

What do you mean by Athletic, big and strong? I know he's not the tallest at 5,9" but he seems quite strong, very fast and if he's good in the tackle and tracking then that should be plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If Oscar can be described as a very strong athlete I see no reason for mkhitaryan to be criticized in relation to such metrics.

If Oscar can be described as a very strong athlete I see no reason for mkhitaryan to be criticized in relation to such metrics.

If it's down to height there's little between them.

According to Google.

Mkhitaryan - 1.77m
    Oscar - 1.8m
    William - 1.75m

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Jayop wrote: »
    If it's down to height there's little between them.

According to Google.

Mkhitaryan - 1.77m
    Oscar - 1.8m
    William - 1.75m

Didn't cause Roy Keane any problems. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Mkhitaryan showed reason enough for him to be playing at 10 v. Hull.

For those who want to see it that is.

Mkhitaryan showed reason enough for him to be playing at 10 v. Hull.

For those who want to see it that is.

I don't that he should be playing. For me though Mourinho will be cagey enough for this one given the importance of it.

personally I'd love to see this...
    Zlatan
    Rooney - Mkhitaryan - Rashford

or...
    Rashford
    Rooney - Zlatan - Mkhitaryan

Harsh enough on Juan both times, but I don't see anyway he'll drop Rooney and if Martial goes then Rashford's pace will be vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Jayop wrote: »
    @ProF

Wasn't Mkhitaryan's defensive work-rate and contribution supposed to be one of his most impressive features?

What do you mean by Athletic, big and strong? I know he's not the tallest at 5,9" but he seems quite strong, very fast and if he's good in the tackle and tracking then that should be plenty.

Dortmund are one of the fittest teams around. I doubt Miki will be as fit at United as he was there, that's important to take into account I think. But, yes, from what I've seen, he has a good attitude towards defending. Seems like a player who sees danger and knows when it's his responsibility to deal with it. The problem I'd see, is if he is doing his defensive work he lacks the pace and athleticism to get up the other end to provide a threat to pull the opposition back line around.

By "athletic," in this case, I mean fast and with stamina. The type of athleticism a player needs to constantly get up and down the pitch, contributing at both ends. As opposed to, say, the type of athleticism that Ibra brings (strength and height).

Yeah, that was kind of misleading. I was talking about athletic for a #10 there. So that's less so than what you'd expect for a wide player. Oscar gets through a lot of work compared to most 10s. Miki might compare reasonably well to Oscar (probably a bit behind him in that regard). But when you think that Oscar, are hard working 10, used to play alongside fast and athletic players in Jose's team, that's what I'm getting at.

Lot of interest now in some of the young lads loaned out this year. Andreas Pereira getting experience in La Liga is going to be brilliant, same hopefully with Joel Pereira now playing in the Portuguese League, and Varela in the Bundesliga.

I posted a while back about Sam Johnstone's brother Max being given a trial with the United Academy, well today he was signed on by the club along with Alex Fojticek.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jun/manchester-united-confirms-new-academy-players-for-2016-17-intake-including-angel-gomes.aspx

Also keeping with the youth theme Kieran McKenna has been confirmed as the new coach of the u18 side. He used to be in charge of the Spurs youth team. Nice to have a bit of Irish in the club too and apparently he is a life long fan of United.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/kieran-mckenna-named-manchester-united-under-18-coach.aspx

Also for those who are missing club football during the break the u18 match against Middlesbrough is on Saturday on MUTV for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A lot of folks think he didn't mean it. I think he did but they probably think there's enough doubt to fight it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

A lot of folks think he didn't mean it. I think he did but they probably think there's enough doubt to fight it.

I think the people who think he didn't mean it have their blue tinted glasses on. Personally I think that it's a clear as day that he wanted to inflict the elbow. If he did connect to the jaw with the swing he intentionally took, it could easily have been a broken jaw or shattered teeth and people would still be saying it's an accident.

I thought I'd seen somewhere when Pep was asked about the incident that he said he didn't see it but if he did swing, he wouldn't contest the decision. Have to go routing for that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Does it matter if he meant it? Dangerous play is dangerous play whether you meant it or not I would have thought.

• Advertisement

I think what Pep was saying was something along the lines of "if he's gone we will still have eleven". Not that he wouldn't fight the ban, but that if he is banned they will get on with it. A nothing statement really.

Anyway, the only people I seen defending Aguero are most City or some Liverpool fans. City fans for obvious reasons, and some Liverpool fans because they're convinced that either United control the FA or that United somehow controlled Aguero's elbow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement