Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So when do extra match bans come into place. What's the criteria for that?

It has to be deemed a frivolous appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Jayop wrote: »
    Wayhayyyy

Over to bluemoon for the lols.

Popped my head into the forum to see how the City fans were taking it over there, my word there were a lot of conspiracy theories going on :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

City are appealing the date.

They have asked for the match to be rescheduled to a later date.

If this appeal is turned down they will make an appeal that 5 aside training games should be included in the ban.

They also intend to launch an appeal that the Earth is indeed flat, they claim to have strong evidence that Andre Marriner has never saw the earth from an angle that proves its round characteristics.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was watching the US Open tennis the other night, and Mats Wilander was talking about Swedish tennis, he said Borg inspired futre players like Ed Berg and he inspired others to be tennis players, now it is Ibrahimovic and all Swedes want to play for Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Just found blue moon and I think I'm going to be a frequent reader
    Football vs Mourinho- this is what this game should be titled. In theory any decent football-loving fan should be supporting us. Anytime that sexist scumbag gets away with parking the bus, it's a defeat for football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Armenian FA have confirmed that Mhkitaryan has a "third degree thigh bruise" (whatever the feck that is) and will likely be out for 7-10 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

astradave wrote: »
    Armenian FA have confirmed that Mhkitaryan has a "third degree thigh bruise" (whatever the feck that is) and will likely be out for 7-10 days

Third degree? Isn't that the least severe of the degrees? So basically he has a bruise?

Bruised Mickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Although in saying that didn't John O'Shea get a dead leg some years back and miss half a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mickey Ryan isnt injured at all

Just wants some time off to go and support Tipp on Sunday :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GSPfan wrote: »
    Although in saying that didn't John O'Shea get a dead leg some years back and miss half a season.

Dead leg turned into blood clots. Was very serious, Oshea could have had his leg amputated it it wasn't found quickly at the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just found blue moon and I think I'm going to be a frequent reader

They are a rational bunch over there,almost makes RAWK look sane.
    The only reason sergio got banned was due to the media / sky / red tops , it has been non stop , they want to give the Rags an advantage in attempt to get them back in the limelight at the top of the league , well they succeeded in removing the only world class striker in Manchester from the derby game , but they under estimate Guardiola's tactical nous , he will set up to win this game convincingly without Aguero . The only chance PEG has , is if he starts the pre-match nonsense that he and the Rags are renowned for , and his negative tactics , combined with their players trying to kick us off the park , if we rise above all this crap , another sick swan is a possibility .Never been more confident going into a derby game , they are a team of ego's and individuals , we are a TEAM.
    "The straw that broke the camels back for me. Sky is getting cancelled."

Hardly a surprise - I will be looking very closely at a certain Costa at Chelsea and Fellani at the swamp. So glad I cancelled my Sky subscription and never buy a paper! Lets hope the FA act similarly when certain teams try to kick the **** out of Silva later in the season.

Not in the slightest bit surprised by this just proves what I already think, the game is indeed corrupt.

Bent bastards

This stinks big time

Hang your head in shame mr fecking magoo

Didn't see it well what the feck are you paid to do

Marriner you lying piece of ****

The issue is that Mop head & Rooney have escaped numerous times for same "offence". Inconsistent decisions always seem to be at our expense

the FA are not known for having a consistent bone in their proverbial. I agree no corruption but a definite bias, Utd players get away with murder and have done so for years - A one match ban would have been the right compromise. How many of us have seen Rooney berate the referee a few inches from his face with foul and abusive language, caught on TV, only to get away with it? Either way we will be fine, and I suspect Pep will revert to pan B,C, D or E in his absence. It's great having a top manager isn't it.

how many on video watch from now on every single fecking game united play and that **** fellaini who does this every single game i seen him play
    manchester city should be be right on it and come down on the media but bet your life skysport/bbc will not use any video replays to hurt united this season

The good thing is you, me and certainly Jose won't have a fecking clue who will play.

Small mercies.

(LFC fan) That's a blow... Absolute joke. That's the FA kissing up to their beloved United.

You still have what it takes to win. And it will make it even sweeter as well when you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zerks wrote: »
    They are a rational bunch over there,almost makes RAWK look sane.

Ye Gods that's some deluded hilarity, what's the name of the forum again?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ye Gods that's some deluded hilarity, what's the name of the forum again?

Bluemoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Dead leg turned into blood clots. Was very serious, Oshea could have had his leg amputated it it wasn't found quickly at the time

That's sounds like something that would happen to Phil jones. Deadleg ends up with amputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Grasping at straws really, nothing anybody else has ever done is anyway relevant to Aguero (again) losing the head and trying to hurt an opponent.

Anyway, I took a look outside my window and my field of ****s is barren unfortunately.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Those bluemoon quotes are so petty, I love how they are considerate enough to give Rags a capital R. What does PEG stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Those bluemoon quotes are so petty, I love how they are considerate enough to give Rags a capital R. What does PEG stand for?

Was about to ask this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Portuguese eye goucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

They should be happy that they even have a chance to compete v Man Utd considering their natural level before winning the Arab lotto was relegation fodder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Why do they call us RAGs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Football, ABUs and the internet...

What a COCKtail

MrMac84 wrote: »

Not really sure but it's ironic seen as they were the peasants until the Arabs came along

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

MrMac84 wrote: »

Something to do with ManUtd being broke in 1930s and the state of the kits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They still are peasants.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Apologies if posted

Mkhitaryan out for 7-10 days with knee injury

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/771988991814098944

Bollix

• Oh ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bastian left out of the europa league squad. The classification of players is different to the PL - TFM and tuanzebe named ahead of him.

Schweinsteiger not in Europa squad so was prob in Prem squad cos he had to be

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/771995460835901440

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Schweinsteiger not in Europa squad so was prob in Prem squad cos he had to be

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/771995460835901440

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/771989399705821184

Any number of U21 players can play in PL but in CL there is different criteria.

• Advertisement

SKY saying is Mkhitaryan injury is his thigh. Either way not looking good for derby.

Had been hoping he'd start along with Rashford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Just when he was beginning to pick up form!! That sucks!

Hopefully we see more Memphis or Lingardbthen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Sorry if already posted but any idea on Fellaini injury.... nothing online about it oddly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Portuguese eye goucher

Not gonna lie, I laughed at that one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hardly surprising

https://twitter.com/gnev2/status/772011485333684225

Edit: mark halsey said he was told to say he didnt see incidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hardly surprising

For me the real problem is action can't be taken if the ref admits they saw an incident but called it wrong - which leads to a situation where they may just lie and say they didn't see it. It's a stupid ideal of the ref is always right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Can we sign Phil Neville's son for corner kicks?

https://twitter.com/radiomestalla/status/772015752077537299

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

No Fellaini news? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

City are such a massive club

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hardly surprising

so was Arsene Wenger...

Hardly surprising

As if the city lads didn't feel hard done by enough.

The under 18s under the new manager we got from Spurs beat Middlesbrough u18s this afternoon it was actually a good game to watch even though we hammered them 5-1.

A player of note was Idris Kanu he is a highly rated 16 year old and plays for westham but on trial for United he had an excellent game scored a goal and by all means will be snapped up asap by looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

TheDoc wrote: »
    City are such a massive club

Very appealing... .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

[quitee="Giggsy11;100892091"]https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/771989399705821184

Any number of U21 players can play in PL but in CL there is different criteria.[/quote]

With Europe a player whose U21 needs to be with the club for two seasons otherwise he'll need register. So Martial has to register but Shaw doesn't
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Something to do with ManUtd being broke in 1930s and the state of the kits.

Think it was to do when United had to play their games at Maine Road after Old Trafford was bombed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Jayop wrote: »
    It has to be deemed a frivolous appeal.

Plus frivolous appeal bans are only ever given to Manchester United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote:
    Can we sign Phil Neville's son for corner kicks?

No
    We've got Phil Jones for corners 😋

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

It was to do with when we almost went bankrupt in the 30's and quite literally played in Rags

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A nice picture of Mourinho and Fergie with Wenger in the background.

https://twitter.com/sportoctagon/status/772065863667163136

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shaw has withdrawn from the England squad after being rested this morning, apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement