Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Was my post directed at you? Show me where I quoted you.

I don't know or care who it was directed at. It was a garbage post regardless of who or what it is that you have a problem with in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

QC has spoken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't know or care who it was directed at. It was a garbage post regardless of who or what it is that you have a problem with in the thread.

Have a problem with my posts? Report them to a mod. Other than that put me on ignore.

Then again who am I to tell you what to do? You know best.

As always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

4 wins from 4 including charity shield, world record smashed signing pogba.
    Ibrahimovic wears the no9 up top for us, one of the best no 10s in the world signed, a top class centre half, Luke shaw back from injury, de gea our no 1, we should be rejoicing and celebrating a fantastic start to the season yet the thread has gone off the rails lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Hopefully in a couple of years some of these lads will be household names, some great play.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/772837981702934528

Watched the highlights earlier on.

Gomes looks awesome, the passage of play for the 4th goal was unbelievable, the strength and balance from Bouffange was Messi like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Watched the highlights earlier on.

Gomes looks awesome, the passage of play for the 4th goal was unbelievable, the strength and balance from Bouffange was Messi like.

Yeah he has looked brilliant so far. Scored a hat trick the game before too.

Indy Boonen has looked serious too, hopefully he can keep it up.

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Have a problem with my posts? Report them to a mod. Other than that put me on ignore.

Then again who am I to tell you what to do? You know best.

As always.

Tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Can ye all stop feckin' sniping at each other.

Just feckin'#DareToZlatan and enjoy the good start to the season.

Rachel Riley is a babe.

20 times.

• It's OK to be wrong you know

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Pretty sure I never put forward that opinion.

There is simply no escaping Rooney is in a downward spiral, no matter what his supporters say or feel, he's becoming detrimental to two teams.

It shows how utterly brain dead he is dropping that deep against a 10 man team sitting deep, when England already had two deep players. Goes to show prove that experience cliché is a myth too.

Couldn't believe how Allardyce allowed that continue and then defended it afterwards.
    As a Jose critic, what would sway me in his favour would be if he had the balls to bench Rooney
    The influence he holds against both club and country is pretty amazing tbf
    I think only if he gets injured will the opportunity present itself for either Miki or Mata to play #10 though
    Same goes for the England setup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As a Jose critic, what would sway me in his favour would be if he had the balls to bench Rooney
    I think only if he gets injured will the opportunity present itself for either Miki or Mata to play #10 though

And yet so many in the media question him also. He has such a weird relationship and powerbase there.

Thought it was classy of him to have a few digs at Hodgson there in his post match interview.

Tbh I'm just staying out of the Rooney debate, hes a ****ing snake and I can't wait until he is gone. Feel i'll be sitting here smug and correct before the season is out.

His last season at the club for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

TheDoc wrote: »
    Tbh I'm just staying out of the Rooney debate, hes a ****ing snake and I can't wait until he is gone. Feel i'll be sitting here smug and correct before the season is out.

For someone who is saying they are staying out of the debate I feel you have done a poor job there :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Tiresome.

Great contribution. Keep them coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its a measure of his standing right now that I don't think United would particularly miss Rooney were he to be injured or banned for an extended period. He has done a fine job so far this season but if he were missing other players would come in and the team would probably be just as effective as it is now, how many marquee players can you say that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

TheDoc wrote: »
    And yet so many in the media question him also. He has such a weird relationship and powerbase there.

Thought it was classy of him to have a few digs at Hodgson there in his post match interview.

Worst staying out of a debate EVER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Tonight reminded me why I don't like international football outside of tournaments. Crap to watch.

Have to start planning Saturday morning now to make sure the wife and kid are gone out or just quiet in another room at least so I can watch this game properly. Only just seen its in Old Trafford so I want a win badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He will bench rooney if he doesn't play good enough for him. Can you actually imagine jose just letting him play for a whole season playing ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So your problem with Rooney is not, in fact, that he isn't as good as he used to be or that he has 5 or 6 bits of play that frustrate you in a game - because Ibra and Ronaldo and the majority of high profile attacking players over the age of 28 are the same. Actually, your problem is that he doesn't score enough and win enough games.

Well, he has had the misfortune of being managed by LVG for the last two seasons and that manager severely impeded the entire team's ability to score and create goals.

So far this season, under the new manager, Rooney has created or scored a goal in each game we've played. That's more than Ibrahimovic. So I'd say you're mistaken to be criticising him and lauding Ibra on that front at the moment.

I'm making another point, not pin pointing a problem I have.

Rooney is not playing well. Simples.
    It hasn't just been the last two years, I would go back further.
    Using the first 3 league games and then saying I'm mistaken... Look back at their careers, or just the last 5 years. Ibrahimovic not getting anything for being 4 years older in a new club and league?

Rooney has glimpses of goodness but the bad outweighs it and the bad has been getting worse and more consistent. I'm not surprised he has dipped, I'm surprised at how much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So Clattenburg is going to Ref the Derby, don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing these days. He has become very inconsistent these days.. bit like most of the refs in the league.

astradave wrote: »
    So Clattenburg is going to Ref the Derby, don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing these days. He has become very inconsistent these days.. bit like most of the refs in the league.

I find clattenberg likes to be at the centre of attention, likes to make big calls either way but is more leniant towards english players

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    I'm making another point, not pin pointing a problem I have.

Making another point is fine. But let's be clear, your first criticism of Rooney was so wishy washy that it can also be applied to Ibra, Ronaldo and the majority of high profile forwards over the age of 28.
    It hasn't just been the last two years, I would go back further.
    Using the first 3 league games and then saying I'm mistaken... Look back at their careers, or just the last 5 years...

Rooney has glimpses of goodness but the bad outweighs it and the bad has been getting worse and more consistent. I'm not surprised he has dipped, I'm surprised at how much.

Let's go back to five years ago then.

12/13 Rooney: 0.5 non-penalty goals & 0.45 assists per 90 minutes
    13/14 Rooney: 0.52 non-penalty goals & 0.37 assists per 90 minutes

And the 13/14 season was with David freaking Moyes in charge.

This isn't scoring and creating enough for you? You can't be serious.
    Ibrahimovic not getting anything for being 4 years older in a new club and league?

Ibra has been playing well. He doesn't need any mitigating circumstances to be provided, I'm not criticising Ibra. Rooney has been playing better - both in terms of general play and production - but you are criticising Rooney and saying nothing about Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This thread...

aZMIoEH.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wish someone would just stop responding o the other, let us be the winners by putting an end to the Rooney debate.
    The rest of us don't care, but it feels like we have been to confession and we did something really bad and are doing a lot of penance at this stage.

I am going to pelt this thread with complaining posts the next time there is some discussion going on that I'm not interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Quality contribution. Keep them coming.

So was yours implying that the majority of fans are idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I am going to pelt this thread with complaining posts the next time there is some discussion going on that I'm not interested in.

converastion-over.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So anyways derby match this Saturday
    Anyone expecting changes in the line up Assuming everyone is fit I'd say Jose goes with the same 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

brinty wrote: »
    So anyways derby match this Saturday
    Anyone expecting changes in the line up Assuming everyone is fit I'd say Jose goes with the same 11

Would like Mkhitaryan in for Mata and Rashford in for Martial. As much pressure as possible should be put on Stones and Kolorov through the middle. We don't know the status of Fellaini but it may be possible an extra player such as Carrick will be put into the middle as Jose likes to stifle in big games.

astradave wrote: »

Probably the best ref in the world at the moment. Loves himself a lot but still a very good ref

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Would like Mkhitaryan in for Mata and Rashford in for Martial. As much pressure as possible should be put on Stones and Kolorov through the middle. We don't know the status of Fellaini but it may be possible an extra player such as Carrick will be put into the middle as Jose likes to stifle in big games.

Mkhitarayan is doubtful to even make the squad, martial scored for France and has his mojo back. If anything Rooney will drop back to make 5 in midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

This weekend we'll find out where we really stand. Paul Scholes is right about the PL, it's not as good as Spain, Germany or Italy so it's foolish to get carried away beating the likes of Leicester or Hull and even beating City isn't the standard we should ultimately be aiming for.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus are the level we should be competing at. Hopefully we can take a big step in that direction at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Korat wrote: »
    This weekend we'll find out where we really stand. Paul Scholes is right about the PL, it's not as good as Spain, Germany or Italy so it's foolish to get carried away beating the likes of Leicester or Hull and even beating City isn't the standard we should ultimately be aiming for.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus are the level we should be competing at. Hopefully we can take a big step in that direction at the weekend.

Do you think any of these teams would dominate the PL over the long term these days??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The top 3 teams in Spain are better then the ePL best 3 and in Germany the best team is better then any team in the premier league but outside of them four clubs over the course of a season not just one off games in cups I'd say the English clubs would fair better.

Juventus would not be near as good in the premier league.

Entertainment wise no league beats the premier league in my opinion its fantastic. Maybe not for style of play but for results and the story of a season it is.

Scholes at the moment says he prefers watching non league football over the premier league what will he say when Salford inevitably get promoted to the league he will prefer watching league two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

How many times did Juve reach semifinals and quarter finals of CL in last 5 years?

The PL is the most competitive league in the world.

In Germany, leaving Munich out then Dortmund would be the HEAVY favourites every year.

In Spain, aside from Barca or the two Madrid teams, how likely is it anyone else would compete for the title.

In the PL there are at least 8 teams gunning for the top 4 spots and a minimum of 4 to 6 teams that would be considered title contenders.

That's what makes it the best league in the world from an entertainment point of view.

With the money that's awash in the league and the likes of Pogba moving to it then it could potentially become the destination of choice for the best players in the works over the next decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    How many times did Juve reach semifinals and quarter finals of CL in last 5 years?

They reached 1 final and one quarter final since 2006. Not exactly setting the world alight.

So I agree there not at the level of the other mentioned clubs.

I really don't think any of those will be miles ahead either given the rate English clubs are signing top players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I don't really care where we are in relation to real, barca or the rest because we can't face any of them this season (unless they have a collapse in the Europa). I'm much more interested in how we perform against City and Fenerbache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I really don't think any of those will be miles ahead either given the rate English clubs are signing top players.

With all these top players coming to England why have Utd, supposedly the richest team in the PL, got a 34 year old free transfer, a youth player and Wayne Rooney as the only striking options?

Why haven't we signed Muller, Neymar, Bale, Messi or Ronaldo? Surely they should be jumping at the chance to play in the best league in the world. The facts and rhetoric about the PL don't match up.

With all these top players coming to England why have Utd, supposedly the richest team in the PL, got a 34 year old free transfer, a youth player and Wayne Rooney as the only striking options?

Why haven't we signed Muller, Neymar, Bale, Messi or Ronaldo? Surely they should be jumping at the chance to play in the best league in the world. The facts and rhetoric about the PL don't match up.

Love the way you posted that.... A 34 year old free transfer, not like we signed some div 2 striker, we signed one of the best strikers in the world who happened to be out of contract.

I would pay money to watch that youth player you talk about, speed skill bags of potential.

And Wayne Rooney...lol

You forgot to mention we signed the best player from both Italy and Germany this summer also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll score plenty of goals this season.

• Advertisement

Dont think anyone said we were ahead of them clubs at the moment we have a long way to go and arguably we could never prise messi or Ronaldo away from their clubs even if they played for another 20 years but what we can do is make sure the next generation of world class players will want to play for united and we may not be too far from that.

Ibra, Rooney, Rashford and Martial - that's a fine collection of strikers.

• bangkok wrote: »
    Mkhitarayan is doubtful to even make the squad, martial scored for France and has his mojo back. If anything Rooney will drop back to make 5 in midfield

He does that naturally he doesn't need to be instructed

Ibra, Rooney, Rashford and Martial - that's a fine collection of strikers.

If they were all deployed as strikers it would certainly help.

Was Keane2097's post deleted?

Was Keane2097's post deleted?

Looks like it lol.

For the record I've nothing against the rooney debate or any football matters I just don't like the constant sniping and constant you said that he said that style of crap that goes with some of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

tumblr_mwltvp1C4z1t0i9qbo1_400.gif

If they were all deployed as strikers it would certainly help.

We have two good number 10s in Mata and Mkhitaryan too, so the only reason the strikers would be needed anyewhere else on the pitch is in the wide attacking midfileld roles. So yeah, we might be short in that position, but we aren't short at striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The thing is, there is now an entire thread set up and dedicated to Wayne Rooney discussion. Perpetual discussion of him is fine, but would be better in his own thread surely?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The thing is, there is now an entire thread set up and dedicated to Wayne Rooney discussion. Perpetual discussion of him is fine, but would be better in his own thread surely?

He will keep coming up in here. Having another thread is fine, but people aren't going to stop talking about him in this thread and they shouldn't be expected to.

There is perpetual discussion about all sorts of things in this thread. Should all those posts be directed to seperate threads too?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement