Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone here actually buzzing for the derby? The last 3 seasons we were going into such games with trepidation, jaysus,we were even nervous waiting to face the likes of Swansea. The positivity makes a nice change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Pro. F wrote: »
    He will keep coming up in here. Having another thread is fine, but people aren't going to stop talking about him in this thread and they shouldn't be expected to.

There is perpetual discussion about all sorts of things in this thread. Should all those posts be directed to seperate threads too?

Nope, and obviously talking about a United player, in the United thread is going to happen, but when its just the same back and forth over and over and its hardly like anybody is going to give any ground I think its reasonable to take that kind of thing to the Rooney thread.

What was the point of creating the thread otherwise? Just close it if it is not going to help by taking some of the brunt of it

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• zerks wrote: »
    Anyone here actually buzzing for the derby? The last 3 seasons we were going into such games with trepidation, jaysus,we were even nervous waiting to face the likes of Swansea. The positivity makes a nice change.

Grand to be positive but there are alot of areas to improve and it's still very early days for Jose.
    Big test, a win would be huge but it's going to be tough. City have vastly strengthened since last season as have we.
    The question I ask is will Jose play defensively and try grind the win? History suggests he may do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nope, and obviously talking about a United player, in the United thread is going to happen, but when its just the same back and forth over and over and its hardly like anybody is going to give any ground I think its reasonable to take that kind of thing to the Rooney thread.

What was the point of creating the thread otherwise? Just close it if it is not going to help by taking some of the brunt of it

I do think creating the Rooney thread was pointless. It just causes the conversation to happen in two places rather than one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

zerks wrote: »

Choo choo motherf*ckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there was no point to creating the other thread.

Rooney will be discussed in here, regardless. It is the natural place for discussion to take place.

I have my opinion on Rooney - and I know deaddonkey and ProF (as two examples defending Rooney) aren't for changing on theirs at the moment (just the same as me) so i just don't engage the conversation any more. It is all that can be done.

If I feel Rooney has played well, I will say it in here.
    If I feel Rooney has done crap, I will say it in here.
    If I feel he has done crap overall, but scored a good goal or played a nice assist, I will say it in here too.

The other thread is pointless - just something people can point at and say "go post there" - it serves basically no other purpose with respect to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Grand to be positive but there are alot of areas to improve and it's still very early days for Jose.
    Big test, a win would be huge but it's going to be tough. City have vastly strengthened since last season as have we.
    The question I ask is will Jose play defensively and try grind the win? History suggests he may do so.

I have no problems with defensive tactics against strong teams it was just not on doing it against teams like Bournemouth.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I do think creating the Rooney thread was pointless. It just causes the conversation to happen in two places rather than one.

I agree actually in practice.

In that the thread should just be closed because it is going to be no help whatsoever, much like Mitch I have my own view on Rooney, you have yours, Doc has his and I just don't engage about him anymore.

I apologize for allowing the boredom/frustration of skim reading through the never ending Rooney posts to get to me this morning.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I agree actually in practice.

In that the thread should just be closed because it is going to be no help whatsoever, much like Mitch I have my own view on Rooney, you have yours, Doc has his and I just don't engage about him anymore.

I apologize for allowing the boredom/frustration of skim reading through the never ending Rooney posts to get to me this morning.

Don't ever apologise for something on here mate, it'll fall on deaf ears. You're one of the best posters we have and I for one enjoy reading your views because they're generally well thought out and put forwarded.

I understand the non-engagement on Rooney and I'm doing likewise.

It would be great to have a bit of chat and excitement about the friggin derby this weekend and what we might see. I think Mo might get a start if the big man is still out. sit him at the base of midfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

brinty wrote: »
    Don't ever apologise for something on here mate, it'll fall on deaf ears. You're one of the best posters we have and I for one enjoy reading your views because they're generally well thought out and put forwarded.

It would be great to have a bit of chat and excitement about the friggin derby this weekend and what we might see. I think Mo might get a start if the big man is still out. sit him at the base of midfield

On that, do you think Morgan or Herrera are more likely to start? Herrera obviously gives you that bit more going forward, but you'd have to be wary of the pace in that City attack if Herrera pushes up and loses the ball. I'd assume (barring injuries) that we'll see most of the same XI that's started the season, I can't see Mou completely changing the team just to try to counter city's setup.

• brinty wrote: »

Fully fit and available dude

Fully fit and available dude

Thats my guy M!Ck^

On that, do you think Morgan or Herrera are more likely to start? Herrera obviously gives you that bit more going forward, but you'd have to be wary of the pace in that City attack if Herrera pushes up and loses the ball. I'd assume (barring injuries) that we'll see most of the same XI that's started the season, I can't see Mou completely changing the team just to try to counter city's setup.

I think if Fellaini is out it'll be Mo, gives you a better balance in that he'll sit back and break things up. Has the legs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Gutted Bailly isnt available. Possibly offset by Aguero's absense.

Silva is by far their main danger man at the moment and will need serious attention. Anyone know who the ref is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trond wrote: »

Silva is by far their main danger man at the moment and will need serious attention. Anyone know who the ref is ?

Is Bailly injured? There are no internation matches that would keep him out of the Derby (they were due to play last night, match cancelled).

Mark Clattenberg is the ref at the weekend.

• Advertisement

• Trond wrote: »

Pep has him playing more like a CM so not 100% sure who will be marking him
    I expect Mike to slot in for Baily if he is unavaiable (not sure about that) with Blind holding his position
    Shaw & Tony V unchanged
    Felaini to sit in front of back 4
    Pogba to free roam in mid
    Martial to retain left wing based on encouraging performance for France
    Rooney to hold #10 with in Ibra up front
    Lingard might get the nod @ right wing, bit of pace which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Wait..what happened Bailly?

Pep has him playing more like a CM so not 100% sure who will be marking him
    I expect Mike to slot in for Baily with Blind holding his position
    Shaw & tony V unchanged
    Felaini to sit in front of back 4
    Pogba to free roam in mid
    Martial to retain left wing based on encouraging performance for France
    Rooney to hold #10 with in Ibra up front
    Lingard might get the nod @ right wing, bit of pace which is good.

I think playing either Rashford or Martial on the left and hopefully Lingard on the right could be key. Need to push them up as far as possible and leave them there. Im far from convinced Peps system suits his current full backs.

Once teams get familiar with playing against their system I can see both Zabaleta and Clichy being shipping out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Manchester derby weekend, probably one of the best goals scored in premier league history......

https://youtu.be/gKLC7ITp3T0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah that's January Trond...don't be putting the heart sideways in me please.

4 posts in a row all saying the same thing.. can't edit now Trond :D

bangkok wrote: »
    Manchester derby weekend, probably one of the best goals scored in premier league history......

I'll never forget that goal, was nursing a horrible hangover in a pub in Bucharest, surrounded by a group of City fans on a stag do. Roared the place down. Magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I vote that we ban Trond for scaring the ****e out of us.

hehehe wdf! Not sure what happened there!!!

I heard he was injured last night. My apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

A great goal.

Trond wrote: »
    hehehe wdf! Not sure what happened there!!!

I heard he was injured last night. My apologies!

Could happen to anyone...

Poor adox will be along now in a couple of hours breaking this news!!!!!

• Advertisement

Could happen to anyone...

Poor Zerks will be along now in a couple of hours breaking this news!!!!!

If you are going to make the Joke at least use the correct person ffs Brinty :P

astradave wrote: »

I knew i had the wrong name when i was putting it in.

Sorry zerks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I knew i had the wrong name when i was putting it in.

Sorry zerks...

But yet you still wrote it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My favourite Derby win was the 1994 one on a Thursday night beating them 5-0.

Thursday my mum used get me Match Magazine. So get shopping and magazine and in it is a game for Nintendo. I think it was Donkey Kong(open for correction)

So I'm there at 9.30pm that night about go bed for school thinking this is best day ever. United win 5-0 and I got free game for Nintendo!! Life does not get much better.....

Only to realise on the Saturday when I opened it that the game was just a Demo. A fecking demo .

When things are too good to be true, it usually is. I was only 10 though.

Sometimes you have gone too far to turn back :)

don't know if you're trying to be funny or not???

i was typing the name and saying i'm fairly sure this isn't right, it happens ;)

Thursday my mum used get me Match Magazine. So get shopping and magazine and in it is a game for Nintendo. I think it was Donkey Kong(open for correction)

So I'm there at 9.30pm that night about go bed for school thinking this is best day ever. United win 5-0 and I got free game for Nintendo!! Life does not get much better.....

Only to realise on the Saturday when I opened it that the game was just a Demo. A fecking demo .

Was that the night Kanchelskis banged in a hat trick ;)
    Man he'd do some damage in the modern game with the speed he had.
    Think the chant that night was... whats the time... five past Tracy!!!!

Ah the Demolition Derby, good times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was that the night Kanchelskis banged in a hat trick ;)
    Man he'd do some damage in the modern game with the speed he had.
    Think the chant that night was... whats the time... five past Tracy!!!!

It sure was. He was immense that night

• Advertisement

It sure was. He was immense that night

That whole season
    Then he went to Everton and the Russian mafia links started appearing

astradave wrote: »

200.gif

:p:p

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-elbow-man-city-halsey-11844777

Calls for Aguero's ban to be temporarily lifted while Mark Halsey's claims are investigated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-elbow-man-city-halsey-11844777

Calls for Aguero's ban to be temporarily lifted while Mark Halsey's claims are investigated.

Couldn't even make it further than the first few paragraphs. The whine of it all.
    Justice was served, end of story.

I can imagine a few of my City supporting mates (well, all 2 of them) turning up to the FA offices likes this alright

raw

• ^LOL straws be grasped
    tut tut Mark

• Advertisement

Couldn't even make it further than the first few paragraphs. The whine of it all.
    Justice was served, end of story.

Yeah they conveniently leave out the fact that Aguero did something wrong and was rightly punished for it. What's their explanation for the ref seeing it and not doing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

In other news...
    Luke Shaw talks about rejecting Jose and Jose criticising over what he wanted to be paid.
    "We spoke about it. He said it to me at first. I was just going to leave it, but he had a joke about it. There are no hard feelings," Shaw said.
    "I just thought that I had a better chance of playing at United (than at Chelsea). Patrice Evra was leaving (United), whereas Chelsea had a solid back four that I knew Jose liked.
    "So even though Chelsea were much closer to my home, I felt United were the better choice. I was never focused on the money. It was about football."

Raiola says he is happy for Pogba and Ibrahimovic (he forgot to mention Mkhitaryan) as they are at a winning project.
    Raiola also said he doesn't like Klopp and how he treated poor Mario B "I’m not judging him as a trainer - I don't like him as a trainer at all - but you have to let him play.”

Raiola also said the Pogba deal was being worked on for over a year.
    "Pogba was a deal that we were working on already for a year – maybe longer.” “It was a complex deal as it involves a lot of parties and involves a lot of high stakes rights and it is difficult to get them all aligned.”
    “I work for the player, that is always very clear, so try to do what is in the interests of the player, what is his wishes, and I try to keep that always in mind.”

A £200 million signing just a few years away says Raiola: “How the economy is evolving, especially in the Premier League, we will not be far away - within three or four years - from a £200m deal.

Raiola is reported to have received a £7 million fee for the transfer of Mkhitaryan. A very profitable summer for Mino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Yeah they conveniently leave out the fact that Aguero did something wrong and was rightly punished for it. What's their explanation for the ref seeing it and not doing anything?

To be honest I think the ref did see but thought nothing of it at the time. Seen the reply after the game and said to himself I should have given him a red. He is only human, he made a mistake. Then he told the fa he didn't see, aguero gets the ban he fully deserved.

To be honest I think the ref did see but thought nothing of it at the time. Seen the reply after the game and said to himself I should have given him a red. He is only human, he made a mistake. Then he told the fa he didn't see, aguero gets the ban he fully deserved.

That's plausible and maybe a lot of refs actually do do that, but it leaves a system where refs either admit a mistake and leave the player unpunished while they are open to scrutiny or pretend you didn't see it and leave the slow motion replays to the committee.

If anything, they should be campaigning for a better review system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Was there not a rule change that allows the FA to take action even if the ref has seen it but didn't action it? Or did I imagine that?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement