Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

City is the most difficult job Pep has had to date. He had an absolutely brilliant spell with Barca and that team was unbelievable however I don't think he lived up to that with Bayern (despite his Bundesliga record) they were not as enjoyable or impressive as the Heynckes side that won the treble.

Realistically I don't think anyone doubts Pep is a world class manager but City will be the first job where he will basically have to rebuild a squad to an extent. I don't think the obituaries will be written for either Mourinho or Pep regardless of the result this weekend or even this season. Both sides are a work in progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Why didnt he win with Real ?Should have been a walk in the park compared to Inter or Porto

So zidane must be any amazing manager if he could win it with Real by that logic!!!!

As someone said anyone could've won two or three or five champions league with that barca team, if Enrique or Zidane wins another one does that put them on equal footing with pep cos they've both won two

Let's not forget he left the Barca job cos it was "too stressful" after four seasons

I'll agree that Pep and Jose are two of the best three managers in football right now but this pedestal some people put him on is a bit over rated for me

He's yet to show he can handle a year or two years of bad performance

But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Enrique already has 5 major trophies with Barca to Pep's 7 despite only being there half the time Pep was. He'll eventually pass him out surely.

I think when you weigh up the achievements of both Pep and Jose, Jose clearly comes out on top so far. England is the match point for Jose, if he comes out on top here even the biggest ABU couldn't deny his superiority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lmfao at this post.

I don't support City, Barcelona or Bayern Munich but I have to respond to this drivel.

Guardiola broke records in the Bundeliga and that is not an easy feat when you take over a club like Bayern Munich. He is one of three coaches to win three titles, he leaves there with a 100% championship record in the Bundesliga. He has the highest points per game average of any coach in the history of the Bundesliga.

It's insane to suggest he failed because he didn't win a Champion's league title in three years.

Surely it'd be easier to do it with the most successful club in German football that with the likes of Schalke, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I highly doubt many fans on this thread would have said Jose was a better manager than Pep this time last year. In fact my recollection is that the majority of fans wanted Pep to be the new United manager over Jose.

I have many times said that United should have hired Jose years ago, that I rate him better than Pep and that I wouldn't want Pep at United. Others have said the same. Perhaps don't generalise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I have many times said that United should have hired Jose years ago, that I rate him better than Pep and that I wouldn't want Pep at United. Others have said the same. Perhaps don't generalise.

And for years I've said I hate peps style of football. Brilliant yes, but I found it incredibly boring to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lmfao at this post.

I don't support City, Barcelona or Bayern Munich but I have to respond to this drivel.

Guardiola broke records in the Bundeliga and that is not an easy feat when you take over a club like Bayern Munich. He is one of three coaches to win three titles, he leaves there with a 100% championship record in the Bundesliga. He has the highest points per game average of any coach in the history of the Bundesliga.

It's insane to suggest he failed because he didn't win a Champion's league title in three years.

It's insane to suggest he failed but some of the points to highlight Pep is just laughable. Bayern were miles better than any team in the league and he also signed rival's best players and the same rival team also lost few other top players.

League was a cake walk for him, anything but a league win was a failure. Blanc also have 100% championship record, that's not doing better than expected, that's the minimum expectation considering how far better the team is compared to second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I highly doubt many fans on this thread would have said Jose was a better manager than Pep this time last year. In fact my recollection is that the majority of fans wanted Pep to be the new United manager over Jose.

Well I'm one of the United fan on Boards.ie who wanted Jose to take the throne when SAF retired and most of my United mates not on Boards were hoping for the same. I would always take Jose over Pep, by virtue of their managerial records. Unlike Pep, when Jose started out years ago, he never inherited a team of gifted superstars. And unlike Pep, Jose came from complete obscurity bringing a small team to the summit of European football. And until Pep goes and manages a small team and makes them into the kings of Europe like Jose did, then for me, he will always be inferior to Jose. Pep has only ever known big teams (excluding City who obviously aren't a big team, but do have the oil money). I also view Jose as a much better tactician, who can adapt his team to suit an individual opponent. Pep on the other hand, seems to be a man stuck in his own system and has less tactical flexibility. Mourinho teams also always seem to possess a mental strength & resolve that I've never seen from a Pep team. And even if we lose the two derby games this year, I always take Jose over Pep without a moments hesitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Another recruit.
    Manchester United have lured the country’s top spotter of young talent to Old Trafford after West Brom’s Steve Hopcroft agreed to join the Red Devils’ Academy.

Hopcroft has been responsible for developing a string of players who have now earned Premier League title and international honours and will be tasked with repeating the feat under Jose Mourinho.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-swoop-west-brom-8787555#ICID=sharebar_twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

This time last season they were Chelsea were PL champions, so many/few might have said Jose was better manager. Also considering he was managing our rivals there is a good chance many/few wanted Pep as ManUtd manager.

In football opinions change very quickly. Jose from the best manager to the manager who ''almost relegated'' Chelsea according to other fans.

I used to say Pep was the best manager in the world but after failing to even reach finals of CL and getting beat every time he faced Spanish teams in semi finals, I would say Simeone is the best manager in the world. Pep and Jose haven't achieved much in the last 3-4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

In fairness, they are both pretty damn good managers.

Forget about arguing over which is better, the final league tables will tell us that. It doesn't matter that Pep never took a lower team to the top, that is not the job is is being asked to do at City.

What is great is that after the last 3 years we are back talking about MU having a top class manager.

IMO, City are better placed to win the league this year, purely because I think they massively underperformed last year due to simply stopping playing for the manager. MU will need a bit of time to repair the damage of the last few seasons and that might give City the edge.

But MU are back, be it the very top of just fighting for the top, it is a vast improvement on the last few seasons and whole attitude of the club, players and fans have changed from the, frankly, depressing acceptance of mediocrity cumulating in the truly awful LVG to the brash slightly arrogant attitude that is coming back.

• Looks like Shaw is 50 / 50 to start on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Looks like Shaw is 50 / 50 to start on Saturday

Fudge
    Who'll play there??
    Rojo?? Blind?? Young????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

brinty wrote: »
    Fudge
    Who'll play there??
    Rojo?? Blind?? Young????

Is that you Louis?!!

I would think maybe

Val-Bailly-Smalling-Blind
    or

Val-Bailly-Blind-Darmian.

Hopefully not Rojo anyway, he often makes mistakes (IMO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Fudge
    Who'll play there??
    Rojo?? Blind?? Young????

Rashford.... oh wait it's not lvg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Shaw will be a big loss going forward if he's out on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Shaw will be a big loss going forward if he's out on Saturday.

And with Valencia very likely to not play, that is a massive part of United's attacking thrust so far this season off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Looks like Shaw is 50 / 50 to start on Saturday

Is that based on fresh info or just the leaving of the England camp etc earlier in the week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

And with Valencia very likely to not play, that is a massive part of United's attacking thrust so far this season off the pitch.

I had forgotten about Valencia. It will be a very subdued performance attacking wise if they're both out.

• Advertisement

• jaykay74 wrote: »
    Is that based on fresh info or just the leaving of the England camp etc earlier in the week ?

"Shaw was last week sent back early from England duty after complaining of discomfort in his leg, but has been able to perform light jogging duties in the last 24 hours. It's understood the player has also undergone a series of strength and responsive tests with the club's Carrington medical staff. United insiders state Mourinho will now take a closer look at training on Thursday before deciding whether to include him in Friday's final first-team session. Shaw is desperate to feature in his first Manchester derby following the horror leg break he sustained playing against PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League 12 months ago. United's staff won't take any unnecessary risks although they did expect Shaw to still experience some discomfort and fatigue at this stage after such a long time out. If Shaw is held back from facing Pep Guardiola's team, United are likely to recall defender Chris Smalling and move Eric Bailly over to the left-back position."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Oh yeah, I forgot about Valencia too. Though we have Darmian and Rojo, I suppose. It will be interesting anyway. Hoping for a win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

"Don't turn around but the voyeur is looking at you in a weird way Jose".

CrbtzsJXEAAfvti.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

We'll find out for sure tomorrow at the press conference.

Without Shaw and Valencia I wouldn't be too confident:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

We'll find out for sure tomorrow at the press conference.

Without Shaw and Valencia I wouldn't be too confident:(

We would be losing out massively on the attacking side of things but overall, a defence of Smalling, Blind, Bailly and Darmian would be much harder to break down IMO.

It's vital that Rashford plays if that's the case and Mkhitaryan too if there's any hope of him being fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Would hope that Blind dosent get put LB, Sterling would destroy him for pace

• Advertisement

Would hope that Blind dosent get put LB, Sterling would destroy him for pace

Sterling would primarily play on the opposite side. Anyway, Blind would destroy him positionally :pac:

Losing our 2 fullbacks would put us on the back foot in a massive way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jayop wrote: »
    Losing our 2 fullbacks would put us on the back foot in a massive way.

Also going to play into the "Jose parks the bus" mentality as well...

I've a feeling Mkhitaryan will be alright come Saturday. We have to find the pace and ability to beat a man elsewhere if Shaw and Valencia are out.
    Mata may find himself on the bench regardless. He usually pops up with something in the big fixtures...

I think Shaw and miki be grand I'd say it's just a bit of a smokescreen tactics wise or to throw city off a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Atleast we have DDG and Pogba for another year and a bit.

Real and Athletico banned from signing players for 2 windows.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Atleast we have DDG and Pogba for another year and a bit.

Real and Athletico banned from signing players for 2 windows.

That's what makes madrid summer activity more baffling the are stuck with what they have now. It affects the young oddeguard chap too he won't be able go on loan now in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's what makes madrid summer activity more baffling the are stuck with what they have now. It affects the young oddeguard chap too he won't be able go on loan now in January.

It won't affect them selling or releasing players and presumably loaning them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's a registration ban so they can buy who they want ala Barca and Arda Turan. They just can't register any new players for 2 windows They can loan out or sell anyone they want too.. just can't see that happening though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Definitely will need to fork up the release clause for Griezmann then. Won't be getting him otherwise...

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It won't affect them selling or releasing players and presumably loaning them out.

I think it will because they can't re register players after they return from loan.

I think it will because they can't re register players after they return from loan.

Not sure about the ins and outs of player registration and particularly how it is applied for loans but I'd imagine a player isn't completely unregistered from a club when loaned out as FIFA would have to have a record as to who is the parent club.

I'd highly doubt this will affect their ability to loan out players given it applies to the Men's teams of all age groups as well as the female team etc.

Not sure about the ins and outs of player registration and particularly how it is applied for loans but I'd imagine a player isn't completely unregistered from a club when loaned out as FIFA would have to have a record as to who is the parent club.

I'd highly doubt this will affect their ability to loan out players given it applies to the Men's teams of all age groups as well as the female team etc.

Not sure if this will link properly as I'm on mobile but it's kind of along the lines of what I was thinking.

Real Madrid to push through Martin Odegaard loan deal before FIFA transfer ban is enforced | Daily Mail Online
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3730456/Real-Madrid-push-Martin-Odegaard-loan-deal-FIFA-transfer-ban-enforced.html

Apparently there's a great article by Butt in the times today. Would anyone have access to it's paywall that might shoot me a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Apparently there's a great article by Butt in the times today. Would anyone have access to it's paywall that might shoot me a copy?

Here
    Marcus Rashford’s emergence at Manchester United is a timely reminder that the club’s famous talent production line, now overseen by Nicky Butt, is working. Butt came through the system with the Class of ’92, and as local lad, lifelong fan, former player and now head of United’s academy, he takes great pride in Rashford’s development.

“You couldn’t pick a better player to be at this club, or any big club, than Marcus,” Butt says. “He still parks his car out the front, not round the back with all the first-team players. He comes in, looks you in the eye, talks to you, listens, asks questions. He sits next to his mates, eats his dinner with them when he can, but obviously has to eat with the first team sometimes. If you gave him £8 million, he wouldn’t get carried away.

“Marcus will get opportunities in the first team because he’s that good. Lee Sharpe was the best player in the country, as a youngster, but you couldn’t hold Ryan Giggs back much longer. Here it’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney, Anthony Martial or whoever’s up top. If Marcus keeps doing what he’s doing with his pace and directness, it’s impossible to hold him back.

“He wasn’t a centre forward as a youngster; he probably developed into that more out of necessity last season than design.

“He actually was on the left. I believe his best position is off the side.”
    Echoing Thierry Henry cutting in? “Yes. Blistering pace. When Marcus runs at you, you can’t stop him.

“Until he gets his physicality about him he’s going to find it very hard to play up against some of these centre halves. It depends how the manager [José Mourinho] is going to play; if he plays a Michael Carrick, who can clip balls in for Marcus to run on to, then it’s all different, he can run in behind all day.”

Butt has discussed Rashford with Mourinho. “It’s quite flattering for someone of that stature to come and speak to me,” he says. “I spoke about the younger ones, and he was really gracious. He said: ‘I don’t know these guys. I’ve seen them in reserve games every now and again, I’ll take your opinion and I’ll work with you.’ It’s great.”

Butt understands some of his pupils will have to wait. “The pathway for the next year, 18 months, two years maybe, might not be there for them,” he says. “But, if I’m honest, if I’m manager of that team I wouldn’t give them a pathway straightaway because we need to get back to winning ways. We need Ibrahimovic, [Paul] Pogba, [Henrikh] Mkhitaryan, [Eric] Bailly and Carrick, players who know how to win, to get us back to winning ways. The manager’s one of the best ever, he’s got to get his team winning before he introduces the players. Youngsters who go into a struggling team can die.”

Mourinho sold academy graduates such as Paddy McNair, Tyler Blackett, Donald Love and Will Keane, while Adnan Januzaj has been sent on loan. “They’re really good lads and will have a good life, nice houses but they weren’t at the level for United,” Butt says. “It doesn’t hurt me as much as, say, if Adnan Januzaj went and never came back. He’s got the level to play for United and win leagues and Champions Leagues. Maybe he’s not been as dedicated, a case of too much too soon, a millionaire now.

“I’d definitely bring in trust funds. When we first signed our contracts at 17, I remember [chairman] Martin Edwards and the manager [Alex Ferguson] said: ‘You’re having a grand a week, and the rest will be put away.’ The rest was put with an accountant who still works for all of us now. It was the best thing that ever happened.

“Some kids now come up and expect things too soon — and get given it too soon. It’s the fear factor of losing him to another club and end up losing a £50 million player. For the sake of an extra £4,000 a week.

“At Manchester United, we can compete with anybody if we want to. You’ve seen with Pogba. That’s the first team but we’ve bought a few young players who’ve cost us a lot of money. If we don’t pay it we know City, Chelsea or even Everton, who are really aggressive in the market, will pay it. Economically, they’re right to do it. If you get a player like Marcus, and he does what he did last year this year, he’s a £50 million player straight-away. It’s an investment.

“It’s massive for us to have Pogba, the record transfer to come through our academy. Ultimately if the manager [Ferguson] doesn’t want to put them in [when Pogba broke through initially], it doesn’t mean the academy has done a bad job. It just means he’s not right for him at that time.”

Appointed in February, Butt works hard at the academy, addressing issues such as the safety-conscious modern age’s effect on kids. “I see players in our academy and they can’t move,” he says. “Our lads don’t know how to fall, roll, and you should see the amount of injuries we get from popped shoulders or their arms. I probably fell out of a tree 15 times and never hurt myself. I don’t think my son’s ever climbed a tree.

“Body mechanics lose so much when you’re not climbing trees, not playing basketball, cricket, rugby. I played rugby, cricket, football, basketball. This might sound bizarre but we’ve had a guy come in from the circus, telling the kids how to do spinning plates, jumping through hoops, circus tricks to get their biomechanics working. We had a free runner, the ‘parkour’ lads who jump over buildings, set up a course.

“You look at Giggs, top players, they just flow with their movement, doing it with ease. Look at the athleticism. Look at the United squad, they’re giants. Pogba, Carrick, Zlatan, [Morgan] Schneiderlin, [Chris] Smalling, Bailly — athletes.

“I’m a softie parent. I don’t let my kids go anywhere. My daughter’s 12, I don’t think she’d be able to cross a road. The whole life now is middle class: all kids have iPads and PlayStations. Social media’s a massive problem. We had a player who put his address on Facebook and gets a knock at the door from people asking why he’s chatting up this girlfriend. We reiterate to them every six weeks about what to do and not do on social media.

“They’re not streetwise. We’re looking for leaders on the pitch, so when you’re down, they fight back, somebody like [Paul] Scholes who was playing football on the streets at 12 and knocking around the park at 15. They get a lot of street knowledge through that.

“If you’re a 19-year-old going into United’s first team, and you’re not able to stand up to the bigger pros, be a man, respect them but tell them what you think is right, you have no chance of surviving. We should put them in the reserves for four or five months, polish the diamond before the first team.”

The gems of the Class of ’92 continue to shine in a range of areas, including their co-ownership of Salford City. Butt, Giggs, Scholes, Gary and Phil Neville have combined with Rob Draper, the respected football journalist, to write a revealing book about the club.

“Every kid wants to come to Old Trafford or the Etihad but it’s not always possible,” Butt says. “We want to be the third team; they can come here, enjoy good football in a good environment for a reasonable price.” The book also chronicles how their careers were shaped.

Butt learned so much from playing alongside warriors such as Bryan Robson in the reserves. “If you take the foot off the pedal for a split instant, you see him charging all over, giving everyone a rollocking. You’d get rollockings from Bryan Robson, Clayton Blackmore, Dion Dublin, Brian McClair, Micky Phelan, loads of them. If it weren’t for them, we wouldn’t be on the cover of a book because we’d probably get a bit carried away with ourselves, stagnate, in quicksand and sinking.

“People like them give you rollockings on the pitch, then give you another go at half-time, then the coach, Jim Ryan, would give you a go. The next minute the door gets smashed open, and Sir Alex is giving you a rollocking. You’re getting it from everywhere. It keeps you on your toes.”

He worries about the academy system. “There are rules put in by the FA and Premier League I just shake my head at,” he says. “Every kid under 16 has to play 50 per cent of their games. So if you’ve got a Rashford in the academy, scoring three goals every game, but we come up against Liverpool, our arch-rivals, and it’s 1-1, 15 minutes left and you’ve got a kid on the bench who’s never going to play for the first team, the rules are we have to give him 50 per cent of all the season’s games, 45 minutes here, 20 minutes there, or we’re liable to being sued by his parents.

“Everyone’s looking for excuses in life. Ninety per cent of the parents are good parents but there’s 10 per cent repeatedly on the phone to me, repeatedly questioning the coaching, asking why their son’s not in this team. It angers me. There’s that much money in football that it can change the family’s life; a 17-year-old lad could be carrying the whole weight of the family on their shoulders. There has to be a rule if you’re taking money off a club for your kid to be a scholar then let them get on with the job and develop them as players and human beings.

“And the under-23s league is crap. If you’re not in the first team by 20, you’re not going to make the first team, so why have it 23? You’re just stagnating people. Twenty-one was bad enough. I’d really throw all money at the under-19 league, go alongside Europe. The Premier League have their own way of making money, which ultimately is what it’s all about in my opinion.” About recruitment rather than development? “Yes.”

“The technical quality’s there,” Butt emphasises. “It’s ridiculous. I look at the kids and they’re miles better than I was at their age — technically. We’ve got some unbelievable players. Angel Gomes [a 16-year-old midfielder] is a young talented player we’ve massive hopes for.”

His thoughts turn to Saturday, and the most eagerly awaited Manchester derby in years at Old Trafford. “For me, and I’m biased, United’s the pinnacle of football,” he says. “Forget the last three years. Old Trafford’s where you go to watch fast, attacking football. It’s a working class area. People earn their money through the week, go there and spend their money to be entertained.

“It’s the whole euphoria when you walk up to Old Trafford. This Is The One [by the Stone Roses] comes on when you walk out the tunnel. It’s been tarted up a lot but it’s still the old-fashioned stadium, it’s not far from the pitch. It’s the colour red, the Red Devil. It’s about winning.

“The last couple of years have been a blip for us. José can change that. He’s a winner. Straightaway you can see he has that arrogance to win, that mentality that, ‘I’m the best and there’s nobody better than me.’ Sir Alex had it. All the best players, [Eric] Cantona, [Roy] Keane, Robson, all had the arrogance that they’re the best. That’s what United is.

“When we went away with England, there were stories of the eight of us players sat on our table on our own and it was ‘Arrogant United’. It wasn’t the case. Stevie Gerrard, Robbie Fowler and Sol Campbell came and sat with us but we had this belief: ‘We come from the best club.’ It’s not arrogance, it’s a siege mentality. That’s what you get when you go to United: fans, club, players, coach all in it together, against everyone else.

“There have been superstars who’ve come to this club and can’t live with it. Juan Verón comes to mind. Verón was the best player I’ve ever seen, except Cantona. In training he was like something I’d never seen. I was suspended against Everton [in 2001], he played and I sat there and thought: ‘I’ll never play for United again, that’s me done, I’ll have to get a move.’

“But as much as Verón was a great lad, and an unbelievable footballer, he didn’t know what it meant to be a United player. He didn’t know the feeling of the club. He couldn’t handle the pace, the tempo. The fans didn’t want the little rollovers, the technical outside of the foot passes.

“They wanted blood and thunder, give it to Peter Schmeichel, throw it out to Giggs, attack, attack, attack. Players need to know that.” Rashford, one of United’s own, certainly does.

• Advertisement

I think Nicky likes Carrick :)

Loving what he said about Rashford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I think Nicky likes Carrick :)

Considering he's been a class midfielder for united over the past 10 years and won everything at club level I'm not really surprised

bangkok wrote: »
    Considering he's been a class midfielder for united over the past 10 years and won everything at club level I'm not really surprised

Yeah I know. Just thought it funny the way he name dropped him a few times, hinting that he should be playing.

Not sure if this will link properly as I'm on mobile but it's kind of along the lines of what I was thinking.

Real Madrid to push through Martin Odegaard loan deal before FIFA transfer ban is enforced | Daily Mail Online
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3730456/Real-Madrid-push-Martin-Odegaard-loan-deal-FIFA-transfer-ban-enforced.html

Below is an article from January saying that both clubs at that point would be allowed to recall loaned out players but it says it remains uncertain whether they'd be allowed to loan out players.

Can't find anything more specific yet but perhaps there'll be a couple of better write-ups tomorrow about it.

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to tbh, FIFA are penalising a player in that respect and not the club with the punishment if they've no intention of playing them.

http://as.com/diarioas/2016/01/14/english/1452788833_361640.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Loving what he said about Rashford.

So do I and I also love that Rashford turned up for his friends non league game this evening and even paid the £5 admission fee :)

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So do I and I also love that Rashford turned up for his friends non league game this evening and even paid the £5 admission fee :)

He's coming across well in pretty much everything he does.

I just wish he'd do the dab more! :pac:

Below is an article from January saying that both clubs at that point would be allowed to recall loaned out players but it says it remains uncertain whether they'd be allowed to loan out players.

Can't find anything more specific yet but perhaps there'll be a couple of better write-ups tomorrow about it.

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to tbh, FIFA are penalising a player in that respect and not the club with the punishment if they've no intention of playing them.

http://as.com/diarioas/2016/01/14/english/1452788833_361640.html

Because it's a registration ban I know it looks like they are punishing players but when a player transfer to a club on loan is registered at the new club when he moves back he has to be registered again.

I agree I dont see why but seemingly that's the rule.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Was just reading that earlier but was too lazy to go look for the tweets to share it. Seems so grounded.

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKHA091Dk_l/ This guy says "back at it for Derby weekend" sounds good to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement