Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Headshot wrote: »
    Damn it must be true about José falling out with Darmian

Feck

Why are you so surprised?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    Damn it must be true about José falling out with Darmian

Its a real shame. Those first few weeks he was with us, he was brilliant, and then that Arsenal game just seemed to be a turning point he never recovered from :( Seemed to lose LVG's trust, and now Jose seems to prefer Valencia too. Wonder if it's a work attitude, a more defensive mentality, or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Does only 5 defenders in a match day squad seem a little short?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its a real shame. Those first few weeks he was with us, he was brilliant, and then that Arsenal game just seemed to be a turning point he never recovered from :( Seemed to lose LVG's trust, and now Jose seems to prefer Valencia too. Wonder if it's a work attitude, a more defensive mentality, or what.

I always thought Darmian seemed to have a good work ethic tbh, so don't think it's an attitude issue. Disappointed not to see him given a chance, but maybe he will in the Europa games.

I would have thought he would be decent enough as a back-up bench option anyway, even if not to be starting, so that does seem to point to something....

jharr100 wrote: »

Yeah. I guess Smalling and Blind can cover the full back positions if needed in an emergency, and maybe Fellaini or Schnderlin could cover centre back in an apocalyspe. And sure, with the way Rooney wants to try every position before he gets dropped, he can cover centre back as well if needed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jharr100 wrote: »

It seems pretty fcukin exciting to me tbh.

I'd love to see us go at them hard from the outset.

Their defense is still quite brittle and Stones is prone to brain farts.

New keeper starts for City too.

Try and rattle them with an early goal and build on it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah. I guess Smalling and Blind can cover the full back positions if needed in an emergency, and maybe Fellaini or Schnderlin could cover centre back in an apocalyspe. And sure, with the way Rooney wants to try every position before he gets dropped, he can cover centre back as well if needed :P

Would hate to break up the CBs mid-game though (e.g. moving Blind out) when Darmian on the bench could potentially cover both LB & RB - especially with Val coming back late after the internationals, and Shaw's calf issue. A bit of extra cover might have made sense if Val tires late on etc.

Great success, my Ma ended up being called into work today at short notice so she had to cancel her plans with my wife, means I get to watch the match live.

Yaaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Carragher just posted a photo of them in commentary position. Graphic had the Utd front he four as lingard Mkhitaryan Rooney and Ibra. Rest of team as per last few games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Carragher just posted a photo of them in commentary position. Graphic had the Utd front he four as lingard Mkhitaryan Rooney and Ibra. Rest of team as per last few games.

I could live with that. Big injection of pace.

How were they lined up? Lingard right, Rooney left, mkhitaryan in the hole?

Jayop wrote:
    How were they lined up? Lingard right, Rooney left, mkhitaryan in the hole?

Graphic had Jesse left, Rooney middle and Miki right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The team hasn't been announced yet so that's just speculation.

Graphic had Jesse left, Rooney middle and Miki right

I'd prefer my way but could live with that. Serious pace on the wings and Jesse is good for a goal in a big game.

Seems unusual to be speculation. I don't think one person here would have guessed Lingard in the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

bangkok wrote: »
    but hes not good in the air apparently :)

He's not. And four headers won is not something to be getting excited about in itself.

But today isn't the day to be changing a CB partnership.

Confirmed now

Telegraph just confirmed it.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/774555497429082113

So, guessing...
    De Gea
    Val - Blind - Bailly - Shaw
    Pogba - Fellaini
    Lingard - Rooney - Mkhitaryan
    Ibra

Didn't see Lingard starting but lad has been good in big games. Come on Utd. That City team looks strong even without Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Miki and lingard starting is a great move very direct.

Beat ya Lord! ;)

We haven't had a bench like that in a long long time

Lord TSC wrote:
    De Gea Val - Blind - Bailly - Shaw Pogba - Fellaini Lingard - Rooney - Mkhitaryan Ibra

Sky have the Wingers the other way around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Advantage city after seeing line ups! Lingard is the safe option.not starting one of rashford or martial is a mistake imo

Didn't see Lingard starting but lad has been good in big games. Come on Utd. That City team looks strong even without Aguero.

City played 4 times without Aguero in the league last year, didn't win any of them and didn't score in 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nice to have such a strong bench to call upon.. loads of pace in that side.. same with the city side.. think we will trouble them alot at set pieces though.

We haven't had a bench like that in a long long time

Most expensive bench ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lingard coming in is a big shock. Martial hasn't been great this season alright but both mata and rashford have been in solid form. Surprising selection.

Very solid bench though if things are still in the balance with half hour to go.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Beat ya Lord! ;)

With 20 posts a page, I'm on top of this one :P
    unplayable wrote: »
    Advantage city after seeing line ups! Lingard is the safe option.not starting one of rashford or martial is a mistake imo

Martial's form really had him deserving of the benching. He's not been great so far this season. And Memphis isn't a good enough replacement, so Lingard gets the nod.

Rashford won't be starting games Ibra does, imo, unless Ibra gets moved back to #10.

Happy enough with that line up. Delighted with Miki starting.

Pacy, fizzing balls in from the flanks, I like it.

Hopefully we will get a captains performance from our captain.

Good options on the bench too.

As an aside, I'm watching the build up on MUTV, Jim Rosenthal and Big Ron are gone horrid shook, makes me feel really bloody old.

As an aside, I'm watching the build up on MUTV, Jim Rosenthal and Big Ron are gone horrid shook, makes me feel really bloody old.

You should see keys and gray then on bein sport they not wearing well at all ha.

• Didn't see Lingard starting but lad has been good in big games. Come on Utd. That City team looks strong even without Aguero.

Looks like Jose wants that injection of pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So I dreamt last night I was in Jose's office talking to himself and Lord Zlatan. The next thing I'm standing in The Stretford End with some mates and we were amongst the first to arrive. Anyway before the game even starts, the zombie apocalypse kicks off and I'm making my way through the streets of Manchester with a complete stranger trying to stay alive. We make it to a safe spot and catching my breath, I'm baffled why the zombies had no interest in attacking him. So I was just about to ask him had he cancer or some other serious illness, that maybe the zombies sensed and stayed clear off. But before I asked, I suddenly realised he was wearing a City jersey. I then woke up and the morale of the dream became clear - even zombies think City are shít............:pac:

Good to see Lingard starting and not particularly surprising. He's just the type of player Jose likes for that position in big games.

Mkhitaryan makes a lot of sense over the other options too.

That looks like our best front four to me. Hopefully it does the business.

Have you changed your mind about Lingard?

• Pro. F wrote: »

I haven't yet
    If his end product continues to improve then I will
    I admit I'm starting to see the potential

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Few early crosses to test out Bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

martial and rashford to come on when city are tiring and rip them apart... 2-0

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »

Not particularly however Martial is out of sorts and Mata is not known for his pace so Lingard starting makes sense if Jose is looking for a faster play from the wings. If Martial had continued on from last season I don't think he (Lingard) would be starting today.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Never thought Lingard coming in for a Manchester Derby would be a good move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Few early crosses to test out Bravo

hopefully all the headlines tomorrow will be....

BravNO

with a picture of him with head in hands

• Il be fighting hard today in the match thread by the looks of it :P
    Pictures of Guinness coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Really wish Sky would get Gray and Keys back. That fela presenting now should be confined to football league not the premier league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Their whole "... and it's LIVE!" annoys me more than most things on television.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Really wish Sky would get Gray and Keys back. That fela presenting now should be confined to football league not the premier league

Couldn't agree more pal I'm watching it on bein sports instead it's so much better two of them are excellent they have way better football people usually too.
    20160910_122816.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Good start to the game. Shaw looks as strong as an Ox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mkhitaryan has had an awful start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My Lingarrd hatred is rising

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement