Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ah lads the bromance and jeers between Pogba and Ibra brings a major smile to my face

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

What an interview, I can't stop smiling :)

• Ah lads the bromance and jeers between Pogba and Ibra brings a major smile to my face

That's what you want. "You should have passed!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The post match interview from Zlatan and Pogba was the best.

The new Dab Pog smilie is needed. untitled-png.1997

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Pogba showed exactly want Mourinho wants in his second midfielder, or box-to-box midfielder. Every time he got the ball he looked to move forward into the space easing pressure off the four players ahead of him. Something we haven't seen much from either of our midfield two.

In terms of dribbles Pogba attempted 12 today, the closest to that was Valencia with 5. Exciting stuff to say the least. Said before a good start was crucial and so far so good.

Roll on Hull, a match we should be expecting to win. If so going into the derby with 9 points would be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mata subbed late in the game, Jose gives him a high-five and throws his arm around Mata's shoulder as he comes off. Clearly a case of Jose wanting rid of him........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Pog and Ibra :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Valencia looks like a re-juvenated player. This pleases me very much. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Now to sit back and watch the rest try and catch up.

8 days to get ready for Hull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Quick mention for Mikhitaryian and his cameo. Couple of passes, one with the right foot and one with the left, the weight of both passes was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Now to sit back and watch the rest try and catch up.

8 days to get ready for Hull.

Isn't there a league cup game midweek?

Good chance to give Miki and a few others 90 minutes.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    What an interview, I can't stop smiling :)

Great to watch alright and there really must be some team spirit building with the team.

• Hate to repeat myself lads but Fellaini I feel will be an unsung hero this season.
    It's clearly evident Jose has given him a very specific role and he's executing it perfectly.
    Covering everything in front of the back four and consistently playing the ball forward and restarting each attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

adox wrote: »
    Quick mention for Mikhitaryian and his cameo. Couple of passes, one with the right foot and one with the left, the weight of both passes was perfect.

I like what they are doing with Mickey Ryan,easing him into the league,

Maybe the signings of Pogba and Ibra might help him come in under the radar a bit.

Mata subbed late in the game, Jose gives him a high-five and throws his arm around Mata's shoulder as he comes off. Clearly a case of Jose wanting rid of him........:pac:

pfft go way with your rose tinted glasses he tried to slap him in the face and when it failed he tried to strangle him instead.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

United not in the league cup until the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

pfft go way with your rose tinted glasses he tried to slap him in the face and when it failed he tried to strangle him instead.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hate to repeat myself lads but Fellaini I feel will be an unsung hero this season.
    It's clearly evident Jose has given him a very specific role and he's executing it perfectly.
    Covering everything in front of the back four and consistently playing the ball forward and restarting each attack.

If he keeps going the way he has started even bangkok will be singing about him!!

Hate to repeat myself lads but Fellaini I feel will be an unsung hero this season.

Plus I think I counted maybe two fouls from him the whole game.

Defensively it looks like the team are going to be very narrow and compact, giving plenty of space out wide. We have the height to defend the high ball.

I did think though that Utd were slow to close down the wide players and too many balls were allowed in without a challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

B144D786-E23C-4675-9D36-A0C2929DB356_zpshayxxury.jpg

It is known as doing the Makelele, nowhere near that beast but he can certainly perform the role well imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TheDoctor wrote: »
    United not in the league cup until the next round.

Mkhi's cup-tied anyway

Ratings

DeGea - 1
    Valencia - 9
    Bailly - 8
    Blind - 8
    Shaw - 8
    Fellaini - 8.5
    Pogba - 9
    Rooney - 7.5 (faded in the second half)
    Martial - 7 (was crap in the first half)
    Mata - 7
    Zlatan - 100000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ah lads wtf has happened with Fellani and Valencia .. They were both great tonight, look like different players!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jayop wrote: »
    Ratings

DeGea - 1
    Valencia - 9
    Bailly - 8
    Blind - 8
    Shaw - 8
    Fellaini - 8.5
    Pogba - 9
    Rooney - 7.5 (faded in the second half)
    Martial - 7 (was crap in the first half)
    Mata - 7
    Zlatan - 100000

Dave out :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

is DDG getting 1 because he only got 1 touch in the game?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ah lads wtf has happened with Fellani and Valencia .. They were both great tonight, look like different players!

Confidence and a clearly defined licence to do the right things.

What's Valencia good at? Getting the ball, squaring his man and blowing him away with raw pace. Jose lets him do it.

The same with Fellaini, he's a very tidy passer of the ball and loves to pass it forward. He's clearly been told he can do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

manager showing confidence in their ability, instead of not trusting them and imposing rigid playing styles and lines

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not another bad fcuking word about Fellaini now ye hear lads????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Watching this with a beer! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

And all of Old Trafford cheering. :D

Dave out :D

I just can't accept that bad pass to the line n the last ten minutes! :pac:

Ha good man Redknapp. Doubting that Fellaini is the right man for that defensive role and citing Smalling being brought on near the end as evedince of it.

To think these lads get paid big bucks for these opinions.

Excellent stuff.:D

I think everyone knew deep down Fellaini was going to be a great player for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

There is so much to be excited and positive about that it is impossible to encapsulate it all in one post. I can't decide what I love more; the Pogba/Ibra bromance, Eric "Brick Wall" Bailly, the Antonio Valencia renaissance or the fact Jose Mourinho is the man orchestrating it all.

Now this is a philosophy I can get behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Time to relax and enjoy the games at the weekend now. happy out

You must have missed the Bournemouth game.

• It is known as doing the Makelele, nowhere near that beast but he can certainly perform the role well imo

I think it suits both Fellaini & Pogba perfectly. He's free to roam in front of Fellaini. At the same time Fellaini doesn't need to risk stepping too far forward and can simply concentrate on defensive duties as Pogba covers practically two thirds of the pitch. Pogba isn't even fully fit which is mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Really enjoying this season. Pogba looked class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

For the first time in four seasons there was an air of expectancy about United, I never felt that they were going to be in trouble during the game. Couldn't say that too may times under Moyes or Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

adox wrote: »
    You must have missed the Bournemouth game.
    I did! But tonight they were even better for me - was very impressed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pogba and bailly have a secret handshake already! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

only for non european premierleague teams i think

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mars Bar wrote: »

Signs of a friendship developing there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Signs of a friendship developing there :D

Would make sense. Both French speakers and almost the same age. Backbone of the club for years to come!

Would make sense. Both French speakers and almost the same age. Backbone of the club for years to come!

Plus it's a huge help in terms of settling in for Bailly as he's new to the club, whereas Pogba knows it like the back of his hand..

I saw that and I thought it looked pretty complicated. Another good sign of the important team chemistry that every successful team needs.

• Advertisement

Also this from the club's Facebook page

13962588_10153978570527746_3412227348783491919_n.jpg?oh=5c7f57e1c28a3ad9cb5a1f02c842c741&oe=585871A0

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement