Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

What the hell is a war of Nutrition Giggsy?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Another good performance from ****** tonight and a good assist for the opening goal. I'm a bit concerned that Southampton dominated possession though, and also that Rashford hasn't gotten any game time yet. Pogba looks every bit the player the midfield has been crying out for for years. So many situations tonight where Pogba got on a ball that would be passed back to the defence last season, only for him to turn, take people on and put us on the attack. Martial improved from last week, hopefully he can regain his composure in front of goal. I feel last season's Martial would have scored from the through ball that ****** played through to him. Ibrahimovich looking solid, perhaps coming a bit too deep for me and a few questionable touches and passes in those deep positions but I'm sure that will improve with time. Bailly still a beast, Valencia playing like the Valencia of 4 or 5 years ago. I'm so underwhelmed with what little I've seen from Mkhitaryan, early days yet though. Good to be 6 points better off than we were from the same fixtures last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good song to finish the show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm a bit concerned that Southampton dominated possession though, and also that Rashford hasn't gotten any game time yet.

The second Ibra got his second, that was probably the end of Rashford getting time tonight. Was always going to be left on to try for the hatrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

and now to enjoy the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Good performance tonight. Ibra, Shaw, Valencia, Pogba and even Fellaini were excellent. Rooney was better today, but he still should be phased out when you see Mickey coming on and playing well. Good way to start the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,591 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Is the match thread worth reading?

Fear ye not match threads, for the darkness of the last three twelvemonth hath passeth (forward, to an unmarked Ibra in the box)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Once we start having two games a week everyone will get a run. Europa and League Cup starting next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Once we start having two games a week everyone will get a run. Europa and League Cup starting next month.

Jose said as much himself

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Not often I thank-jerk everyone but tonight is one of those nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

thank this if you dont like Mick :p

3768626400000578-3749436-image-m-45_1471639151420.jpg

376851DB00000578-3749436-image-a-64_1471641068241.jpg

37681F1100000578-3749436-image-m-31_1471635944463.jpg

Offical Liverpool Ambassador Michael Owen weighs in...

https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/766734218047127552?s=09

It looked good on paper and it looks good on grass too. Pogba class. The Premier League title is heading to the North West this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

A convincing home performance, long time since that happened!

Really encouraging performance playing pretty much in 3rd gear. Pogba really brings a new dimension to the team with his ability to beat a man and drive with the ball thru the middle. Fellaini was very disciplined alongside him.
    Lethal header from Ibra and Shaw doesn't seem to have physical or mental scars from his leg break.

On another note but how bloated in the Sky match programme. Piles of needless filler. Kamara and tubes?? Really?! Sterling looked way out of his comfort zone too with his inane questions and comments. Hopefully they iron out the many kinks for the next show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    What the hell is a war of Nutrition Giggsy?! :pac:

It's something we all experience during a match......beer-food-beer-food-beer-food ect, ect. It's a constant battle to see which one comes out on top = the war of nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Manchester United has got me smiling again, it's been a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United are joint favourites with Oil City to win the Premier League at 9/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Offical Liverpool Ambassador Michael Owen weighs in...

https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/766734218047127552?s=09

It looked good on paper and it looks good on grass too. Pogba class. The Premier League title is heading to the North West this season.

To be fair, he then clarified that he thought the title would go to City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Talk about sticking your neck out there, Michael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

How long has it actually been since we had a central midfielder who was that mobile?

SlickRic wrote: »
    To be fair, he then clarified that he thought the title would go to City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Talk about sticking your neck out there, Michael.

I believe thats what we call "trying to dig yourself out of a hole!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just watching PLFanzone live (PL production) and the worldwide support for United is just ridiculous .. Guy on from Nigeria via Skype atm talking about Jose with emails/calls from South Africa, Zambia, Cameroon, Australia, Ghana among others..

Montroseee wrote: »
    Manchester United has got me smiling again, it's been a while :)

Nice to sit and watch United without dozing off which was actually happening last season.

United u18's playing Liverpool in the morning,live on MUTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

3.52 million people are following Michael Owen on Twitter.

Those poor bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

#UnitedBack???

YEAH!!!!!

We have already score one tenth of our total tally for last season in 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Thoroughly enjoyed that tonight!

This is gonna be a good season.

2b5d7zrglegx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I need to reign myself in, I'm in fear of losing the run of myself two games in.

The options, so many options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Everyone's already said all the positive stuff so I'm just gonna say; bit worried there might be a whiff of second season syndrome of Martial.

Everyone's already said all the positive stuff so I'm just gonna say; bit worried there might be a whiff of second season syndrome of Martial.

Hopefully just a reduced pre-season and the whole ex-girlfriend drama having an effect. Looked more lively in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That's always a concern but I think he'll be grand. Last week I thought he needed another 2-3 games to catch up with the squad. After tonight I do think he's getting there.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hopefully just a reduced pre-season and the whole ex-girlfriend drama having an effect. Looked more lively in the second half.

Was just going to say that,he had a lot of off field crap to deal with lately.He looked a lot better in the 2nd half tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm hopeful he'll pick it up again soon, he'll need a bit longer to get back up to speed, especially with his drama off the pitch. Even if he got a goal that might perk him up a bit, so it was a pity he didn't take one of those chances tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Didn't read the thread guys just back at hotel after the game my opinions are I'm so excited after that.

Bailly was excellent.

Blind is a class centerback he played just as well as bailly they complement each other.

Fellaini is a new player he is simply like chalk and cheese to what we seen for past 3 seasons he didn't put a foot wrong and every header he contested from either goal keepers kickout he won and controlled.

Pogba is an awesome athlete he looked like he was in the team for ages his link up and forward thinking was excellent.

Zlatan did what he had to do and at one point rooney tried to play him in and he over hit the ball and zlatan stained him out of it and shout at him he was discussed.

Our fullbacks did well. I noticed we are defending very narrow so Shaw seemed to be caught inside a lot but noway was bailly getting beaten.

And last but not least the supporters were phenomenal it was the best atmosphere at old Trafford I ever experienced we stood singing and cheering for the full 90 minutes was great buz and Mrs jayo26 got her photo taken with Marlon from emerdale ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Definitely losing the run of myself but it's an awful pity we didn't manage to sneak 4th last season!

zerks wrote: »

The bottom for Serie A, the only truly world class player Italy had. I don't know how the recovery can be. But it will, I think.

Definitely losing the run of myself but it's an awful pity we didn't manage to sneak 4th last season!

If we had, we likely wouldn't have Jose, Ibra and Pogba, nor De Gea....

• Advertisement

De Gea is gonna find it hard to hold on to his POTY title.

https://vid.me/ZMcu

Still don't know how to embed video but it was our view of penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

jayo26 wrote: »
    Didn't read the thread guys just back at hotel after the game my opinions are I'm so excited after that.

Bailly was excellent.

Blind is a class centerback he played just as well as bailly they complement each other.

Fellaini is a new player he is simply like chalk and cheese to what we seen for past 3 seasons he didn't put a foot wrong and every header he contested from either goal keepers kickout he won and controlled.

Pogba is an awesome athlete he looked like he was in the team for ages his link up and forward thinking was excellent.

Zlatan did what he had to do and at one point rooney tried to play him in and he over hit the ball and zlatan stained him out of it and shout at him he was discussed.

Our fullbacks did well. I noticed we are defending very narrow so Shaw seemed to be caught inside a lot but noway was bailly getting beaten.

And last but not least the supporters were phenomenal it was the best atmosphere at old Trafford I ever experienced we stood singing and cheering for the full 90 minutes was great buz and Mrs jayo26 got her photo taken with Marlon from emerdale ha.

Totally agree. Best atmosphere I have experienced for years at old trafford. The east stand was rocking when ibra scored! Terrible delays due to horrendous traffic meant we left home at 2am and only arrived at old Trafford at 6.30pm. well worth it though. Pogba was immense and constantly drove the play forward. Fellaini had a stormer, Bailly was rock solid and well ibra was pure ibra!

irishchris wrote: »
    Totally agree. Best atmosphere I have experienced for years at old trafford. The east stand was rocking when ibra scored! Terrible delays due to horrendous traffic meant we left home at 2am and only arrived at old Trafford at 6.30pm. well worth it though. Pogba was immense and constantly drove the play forward. Fellaini had a stormer, Bailly was rock solid and well ibra was pure ibra!

Yep was in the east stand too It was awesome. There was an accident about 4 o clock on the m60 it made a fuk of the traffic we came in from stockport threw the city center nearly it wasn't too bad.

Looking at that vid jayo it looks like you were just to the right of me. Excellent game to be part of. United finally back to the land of forward attacking play again. All hail Jose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://vid.me/ZMcu

Still don't know how to embed video but it was our view of penalty.

Oh so your one of THOSE people

:p

irishchris wrote: »
    Looking at that vid jayo it looks like you were just to the right of me. Excellent game to be part of. United finally back to the land of forward attacking play again. All hail Jose!

It was like having a bunch of boardsie guys behind me they argued the hole game about rooney and another guy calling fellaini twinkle feet.

astradave wrote: »
    Oh so your one of THOSE people

:p

If you mean by recording the game I will say in my defence i only took my phone out once and that was because of the penalty and thought it be a great one to get being so close I have no other action shots.

Now I can't defend the wife she just went overy the top with selfies ha.

If you mean by recording the game I will say in my defence i only took my phone out once and that was because of the penalty and thought it be a great one to get being so close I have no other action shots.

Now I can't defend the wife she just went overy the top with selfies ha.

Somebody else took a selfie too.

basti500.jpg

It was like having a bunch of boardsie guys behind me they argued the hole game about rooney and another guy calling fellaini twinkle feet.

I had two scary looking Mancunians behind me so agreed with them that Rooney was an overweight, overpaid troll although they were also giving fellaini stick who I thought had a really solid game but wasn't going to argue with them lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement